Other Sunscreens:

Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

This is one of my favorite sunscreens.

I love this sunscreen. It's a little more expensive than other sunscreens on the shelf but it goes on evenly because of the aerosol can design. I love that it is small and compact and can travel anywhere that I do. I can get out of the pool or the ocean and reapply this sunblock without even worrying about drying off completely.

This sunblock is designed to be put on wet or dry. I usually put it on dry and reapply after I've been in water for a while. It doesn't wash off in water either. I've noticed that I prefer the SPF 70 over this SPF 50 formula but the 50 does a great job of keeping my skin from being scorched in mild to moderate weather. I do love the aerosol spray but it's hard for me to work up my own nerve to spray this in my face. I usually spray it on my hands then rub it onto my face. I don't break out or feel oily when I use this. It's also in a recyclable can which I like.

If I'm out with friends and family, I can share this sunscreen more easily and we can help each other apply the product because of the easy spray can .

I rarely get burned using this but it isn't as strong as the SPF 70. Overall a great sunscreen though.

It could smell a little better but after it dries, I barely notice it.

Absorption
It absorbs kind of slowly if you just spray it on but if you rub it in and help it out, it absorbs quickly.

Longevity
This sunscreen lasts and lasts, especially if I don't get in water. If I get in the ocean or pool, I usually reapply about once every hour or two.

I don't get too many burns when using this. It does a great job.

Ease of Application
It's very easy to apply. I'm a little nervous about spraying it on my face but I can spray it in my hand and apply to my face with no issues.

I should not burn wearing SPF 50

My best friend and I have the same skin type. We tan easily but both wear a lot of sunscreen to prevent burns and other issues. She had this product and I had another brand (I believe a store brand). Mine ran out so I used mine on my legs and stomach and this on my shoulders, arms & chest. Everywhere this product was used I burned (which almost never happens). She burned too. It wasn't expired so I am not sure what happened. Maybe it was just a bad batch but because of that experience I doubt either of us will buy it again.

Excellent

from Saudia

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Effective Protection

Cons

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

When I need exposure to sun used it

Perfect for the pool!

from Ohio

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

This is my go to sun block for summer vacations! I love this sun screen because it has a super high SPF which helps make it way more effective. I am able to lay out in the sun all day without the risk of coming back looking like a burnt lobster with embarrassing red skin and sun burns! Being so close to the equator, it is more than necessary for me and my kids on those 100 degree days. The sun is very damaging to the skin, with Neutrogena wet skin sun block spray - you can go out side worry free!

It has a very mild scent but smells clean and it reminds me of summer.

Absorption
      I just spray it on, lather and it absorbs in less than a minute and stays on even after taking a dip in the pool!

Longevity
      I spray it on once and it seems to work all day long.

The SPF 50 is very vital for people who have sensitive skin with the added wet protection it is the best bet for defending against those harmful sun rays.

Ease of Application
      The spray features makes it so simple and easy to use. I keep one in my car and one at the house and apply when needed. Also it is way easier to persuade my children to use the spray nozzle rather than regular lotion.

• Ease of Application:

I love this for running.

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

I often go for a run and noticed that over the summer I get very tanned. I don't mind getting tanned but I do worry about skin cancer. My runs are usually quite intense and last for about an hour. So I wanted to protect my skin while I was running. Since I go often, I didn't want to buy anything that was expensive. I also needed to find something that I can easily apply on my arms and legs as well as my face. I also needed the product to resist the sweat I get from running. This one satisfied all the criteria. It is very easy to apply, does not cost a fortune and also water-resistant. So now before my runs, I just spray this all over my arms and legs (I do use something else for the face).

The scent is not strong so it will not bother you.

It absorbs very quickly.

Longevity
      It lasts for at least two hours with sweat involved.

Ease of Application
      This is a spray so you just have to press the button and you get a smooth layer.

Great sunscreen!

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

I am very particular about sunscreen because I have very fair skin and burn quite easily even when I am not in the sun for a very long time. I also have a 7 year with skin that tans easily but her skin is very sensitive. Neither one of us has gotten a rash from using this product, which frequently happens to both us when using sunscreen.

This product does not have a strong scent.

Absorption
      When I spray this on when we are reapplying wet (while swimming), I do notice it sitting on both mine and my daughter's skin for a bit. I feel like I need to rub it in or make her stay out of the pool for a couple of minutes to make sure it doesn't just float away when she gets in the pool.

Longevity
      I don't feel like this lasts as long as a lotion type sunscreen.

I always do pretty well when using this sunscreen. I get some color but don't burn very easily.

Ease of Application
      This is very easy to apply. Although I think lotions are more effective overall, I love that when it is time to reapply, I can just have my kiddo (or myself) jump out of the pool and spray some on very quickly.

• Ease of Application:

This is one of my favorite sunscreens.

from West Virginia

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

It could smell a little better but after it dries, I barely notice it.

Longevity

I don't get too many burns when using this. It does a great job.

• Ease of Application:

This is great for the beach or pool!

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

I think incredibly highly of this sunblock spray. I love this brand and think their products are extremely high quality. This sun block definitely fits into that category. It is great for the beach or pool. After your skin is wet, it is hard to apply sunscreen. Sometimes it is difficult to get completely dry due to sweat to reapply. Therefore, this wet skin sunscreen is awesome to have around. The spray system works great at reapplying this to your skin. It fights through the moisture to continue to protect your skin. It also is easy to apply and not messy at all. I love this sun block and would highly recommend trying it.

The scent is a typical sunscreen smell. It is not bad.

Absorption
      Absorption is great. It absorbs into your skin even through moisture on your skin. It absorbs quickly and effectively. It will not leave you feeling greasy at all.

Longevity
      It stays on your skin for an extended period of time. I reapply after jumping back in the pool to be safe.

I have never burned when applying this as directed.

Ease of Application
      The spray set up on this makes it incredibly easy to apply.

• Ease of Application:

Perfect for a day at the pool

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

I was kind of amazed how well this product worked. Even though It says it's for wet skin, I was skeptical until I actually tried it out. Now my family and I don't go anywhere near water without this stuff.

Absorption
      This sunblock absorbs CRAZY fast. I usually wait five or six minutes before jumping in the pool but honestly, it feels like it absorbed almost instantly. I was really impressed with how quick it was.

Longevity
      I've gone as long as three hours without reapplying this which may not sound like a lot but for someone with skin as pale as mine is, it's almost a miracle.

This is one of those products that really delivers on what it promises. Wet skin, dry skin, it works on everything and it really protects you from getting burned.

Ease of Application
      I really like the spray feature on this sunscreen but I had a few problems with the nozzle clogging. I clean it with a little rubbing alcohol and it works fine after that.

My Favorite Sunscreen

from Potomac, MD

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

I love being out in the sun and take at least 3-4 beach vacations a year. I have tried everything and I think Neutrogena makes the best sunscreen products across the board. This one in particular gets my vote. Hold the can about 4 to 6 inches from the body and spray in smooth up and down motions. It sprays on easily and the can responds to different angles to reach hard to access areas. I do rub it in for the best protection and it disappears easily into the skin. While I personally reapply frequently and almost always after I have been in the water, the Wet Skin feature does give me a little leeway because I can spray it easily onto wet skin and it still rubs in quickly which lotions and creams do not. The SPF 50 is a nice protection level and allows me to tan and not burn. The Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock 30 does not leave a residue which won't wash off in the shower. I have used it on younger children with good results. I do not have sensitive skin, but my daughter does and she has no reaction to this product. Don't spray it straight on your face - spray it on your hands first and then apply to face. I find the product to have a fresh scent. It doesn't have a fake coconut or overwhelmingly chemical odor.

not really noticeable and certainly not that fake coconut

Absorption
      even without a quick rub in, this absorbs quickly

Longevity
      you need to reapply if you are out for long periods or spend long periods in the water even with the wet skin.

• Ease of Application:

Nice product..,Keep hands clean...

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

I absolutely LOVE this sunscreen. I hate it when you go to the pool, and after putting sunscreen on your hands are greasy and slimy! I love the fact that this product sprays on. It also sprays on very evenly, and there is no need to rub it in. It's also nice that you can put it on after you are wet, and it stays on. It is meant to be used on wet skin. There are a couple of problems with this sunscreen. Sometimes if the wind is blowing, then it does not go on very easy, it just blows all over. Another bad point is that you can not always tell if you have covered every where.

This sunscreen doesn't really have a scent. I like that, because I don't really like most scented things.

Absorption
      This sunscreen absorbs well. Even when you have wet skin. This is a plus, because a lot of times once you have wet skin, the sunscreen will not soak in.

Longevity
      I don't burn very easily, so I only normally put the sunscreen on once before I get in the pool. I don't usually reapply it. But I have never had a problem with it not working.

I have never had a sunburn when I wear this sunscreen.

• Ease of Application:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Evansville, IN

Comments about Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50:

My son hates sunscreen, it's sticky, smells and he has to keep putting it on all day. Neutrogena wet Skin Sunblock Spray goes on fast, easy and stays on longer so he can enjoy summer, and I don't have to worry about him getting burned.

No "girly smell" according to my son.

Absorption
      goes on even and dries very fast

Longevity
      Sunscreen last long after I call my kid in to take a break and eat lunch.

One less thing I need to be worred about when my son is out running around playing sports or riding his bike.

Ease of Application
      My 12 year old can cover his legs, arms back, neck....without any problems and it doesn't make him cough when he sprays it near his face.