Other Sunscreens:

Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

One of us is not like the others. He's red, we're NOT!

***Quick View:*** I'm up in the Adirondack mountains for the week with my family and, as usual, I'm the only one who prepared for any type of weather. The forecast said it would be cloudy and rainy all week but I packed **Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Faces SPF 70** anyway. Just in case the sun did peek through.

Not only has it been peeking through, it's been shining brightly since we got here. This sunblock works and my older son is suffering tonight because he didn't think he "needed" to use it today.

***My Take on Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Faces SPF 70 ***

This 3 ounce tube is made especially for faces but can be used on any part of the body. This white cream has a somewhat floral scent which is one of the things that turned my macho son off to using it. It is waterproof sand oil free. My younger son, husband, and I all wore it on our faces when we set out to hike this morning. We were lightly covered on our bodies to avoid thorns and such but our faces were exposed to the sun.

The sunblock isn't greasy and absorbs fast. None of us felt any stinging or experienced any rashes or breakouts from it. Only a little bit is needed to cover the face and neck.

And we were off! Three hours later, we returned, tired but none the worse for the wear. Well, three of us were fine. The older kid was read as a beet and he has gotten redder as the time has passed. His face, especially his nose and cheeks, are very sore, feel hot to the touch, and look awful. He doesn't have sun poisoning but he's got a whopper of a sunburn! Up here, it doesn't feel as hot as it does where we live in Central New York but the sun is apparently very strong as we weren't in direct sunlight the whole time we were out and my son already has a good tan base.

If I hadn't worn **Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Faces SPF 70**, my face would have fallen off! Or I would have looked 80 years old by the time I got home. I have no evidence of a sunburn and neither do my husband and younger sun. Since we were all in the same place at the same time, it's clear that this sunblock did its job on those who applied it.

My red son has decided he will use the sunblock for the rest of the week, even though he still thinks it "stinks". I wish it was unscented myself but that's my only complaint.

**My Viewpoint**

**Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Faces SPF 70 **works well on faces and necks and, I'm sure, any part of the body that is exposed to sunlight. When you need strong protection against the sun's ray's, try** Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Faces SPF 70.** It does smell somewhat floral but that scent doesn't last long and the protection is worth it. It doesn't leave a white residue and isn't greasy. And boy, does it block the sun. I have to go with ***5 stars.***

Choose another suntan lotion!

The Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face (SPF 70) is a decent product. Living in Miami, I am used to applying all sorts of sunblock and trying new ones out if there is a certain sale going on. I picked this product up before my vacation to the Bahamas and I wasn’t too pleased with the result. I think my main problem with this product was how oily the lotion is. When you squeeze it out, excess lotion comes out very easily so it’s a mess to apply. It states that it is “oily-free” but I feel that is false; it’s quite greasy. It also leaves residue behind. It doesn’t blend well because you end up having white marks all over the place from the application.

As for the protection, it does a fine job. I don’t get burnt from the sun, but what I do get is some reactions. Over the course of my weekend trip, I had a breakout on my back and arms. I don’t necessarily think I have sensitive skin so I was shocked when this happened. I have never had any sort of breakout from using any other suntan lotion.

great sunblock

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

I've tried a lot of different kinds of skin protections. A lot of them are either too pasty, thick, oily, greasy, makes me break out or doesn't seem like such a great sunblock. But their brand has great products. Luckily aveeno's sunblock hasn't left my face looking super white or hasn't left me with any break outs. I hate those creams that are too thick, leaves my face looking super white, making me have breakouts. And luckily it doesn't stink. Some of them the scents are super stinky. There's nothing more for a person with super sensitive skin to have allergic reactions or having break outs. I totally recommend this to anyone looking for an effective sunblock. I've recommended this sunblock to family, friends and clients.

Lightly scented and doesn't have that strong stinky smell.

Absorbs pretty well.

Longevity
It seems to last pretty long in comparison to other ones I've tried.

Works pretty well. Protects my skin.

Easy to apply.

• Ease of Application:

my new preferred face sunscreen

from united states

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

AFter traveling for two weeks and exclusively using Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face (SPF 70), I will not go ack to my previous face sunscreen. While on my holiday, I spent a great deal of time outdoors and in the sun. Daily, I would apply the Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock and not once did I burn. My face stayed moisturized and protected from UVA and UVB rays.

Unlike some other sunblocks currently on the market, there is not a heavily scented aroma that begins wafting from the sunblock container the second it is opened.

Longevity
While I chose to reapply my Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face throughout the day, I was spending a great deal of time in the sun.

I am quite pleased with the effectiveness of Aveeno's Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face as I did not burn or return home from my holiday with sun spots.

• Ease of Application:

Excellent product that works well with makeup!

from Kansas

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

I've always been a fan of Aveeno because they're products have been consistently good from my experience. I have very fair skin and sunburn incredibly easy [I swear i can look at the sun and just burn haha]. I picked up the Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70 and tried it out the same day. I fell in love with the product! It goes on without leaving that annoying white residue on you like some sunblocks do. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling on your face like a lot of sunblocks do. I have dry skin and this sunblock moisturizes my face very well, which I wasn't expecting. The most pleasant surprise with this product was how well it worked with my foundation. I've tried some other facial sunblocks and my makeup just melted right off, but not with this sunblock. It actually caused my makeup to stay on longer! I began using the product as my moisturizer every day because of how well it worked under my foundation. Overall, I highly recommend this product!

• Ease of Application:

The product works, but I do not like how it feels on my face

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

I have very fair and sensitive skin, so I need to be very careful as to the products I use on my skin. I can typically use Aveeno products without a problem, so I thought that Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70 would work well for my sensitive skin. It works really well at protecting my skin against the sun's harmful rays. I am impressed by the amount of time I was able to spend out in the sub after applying this product to my face. I am not impressed with how this product feels on my face. It is very thick when it is applied to the skin and it feels very "heavy" on my face. I didn't have an immediate reaction to the product, but I did notice that my skin was quite dry for several days after I used this sunblock. While the product really worked in terms of blocking the sun's rays, it was too thick and to harsh on my sensitive skin.

The scent is a little strong but not too overpowering.

Absorption
This sunblock is very thick and does not absorb well.

Protects my skin

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

My mother always made me put some kind of cream on my face, because she wanted to make my skin complexion better. Aveeno products have always assisted me in this way. My family gets sunburns pretty easily, so we need a good sunscreen product such as this one to protect our faces from turning bright red with pain. The bottle is made so it is easy to dab some sunscreen on my face. It is a good size as well and fits easily in my hands. It stands on its lid with balance. The SPF 70 means it is pretty powerful and does work. It does feel a bit sticky at first, as most sunscreens do, but I am fine with that. It stays on my face for a few hours and comes off pretty easily with water.This sunscreen allows me to not carry an umbrella over my head on sunny days or whenever I go to the beach. I also like how it gets clear and is not that noticeable on my skin. This sunscreen protects my skin effectively.

• Ease of Application:

Works great on sensitive skin

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

I absolutely love this sunscreen. Not only is it the highest SPF I can find in stores, but it works great for sensitive and acne prone skin types. I wish it was a little bit cheaper or that I could find coupons for it, but one tube usually lasts me all summer so I figured it is worth the cost.

Absorption
Takes a bit of effort to rub it all in because it is thick, but it absorbs evenly and pretty quickly with all things considered. You aren't left with streaks or dry bits left behind, which I especially like because I used this mostly on my face.

Longevity
As recommended by any manufacturer, you should reapply frequently if you are out in the sun for a long period of times, especially when engaging in physical activity or are in water. With that said, there have been times where I have applied this at home and forgot it and was not able to reapply again. It did a great job of protecting me all day and I wasn't burned. So overall the longevity of it is very good.

Aveeno is my #1 Brand

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

I use all products that Aveeno makes. I always know I am going to get a great result and will never be disappointed. I tried using their lotion years ago and ever since I am completely brand loyal to Aveeno. Their sunscreen is nice because it doesn't cause the greasy look that a lot of sunscreens usually do. It also moisturizes at the same time so it helps to prevent the peeling that sometimes happens after being in the sun too much. This is a great product, like all Aveeno products, and I would definitely recommend trying it!

Aveeno has some scented products but what I like about their brand is that you can always get a product scent free.

Absorption
I love that Aveeno does not cause a greasy effect to your skin but it keeps you moisturized all day.

Longevity
Lasts all day long even for the driest skin.

Love, love, love! Do not know what I would do without this brand.

Ease of Application
Definitely recommend this brand!

• Ease of Application:

Great for keeping my face from getting burnt!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

I get sunburn on my face very easily and it is often hard to find a sunscreen that will protect the skin on my face, but will also keep it from breaking out. A lot of sunscreens are greasy and clog my pores. Aveeno really keeps that problem at bay. It protects my face from the harmful rays of the sun, but does not clog up my pores, so I break out less. This sunblock also absorbs into my skin very well. It does not leave an oily residue, which I really like. The price for this product is good. It is not too expensive that I feel badly for spending the money to purchase it. I would recommend this sunblock for the face over many others on the market today.

The scent is not overpowering, which is a problem with a lot of sunscreens in my opinion. I like the scent of this facial sunblock. It is light and not too overwhelming.

Absorption
This sunblock absorbs a lot better than some other facial sunscreens. It is one that I would use over a lot of others out there today. It absorbs into my skin very nicely.

• Ease of Application:

Excellent for sun protection and skin care!

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

I really love this brand and what they make for your skin. This sunscreen does an excellent job at protecting and nourishing your skin. I used this on my face on a mission trip due to the high SPF. It worked great. My face burns all the time but stayed protected with this brand of sunscreen. It also did not clog my pores at all. My skin is really oily but this sunscreen did not cause any breakouts. It made my skin feel nice and kept it protected from sun damage. It is a little more expensive but absolutely worth it. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for good skin protection.

The scent is fine. It smells like a normal sunscreen.

Absorption
It absorbed really nicely into my skin. I had no problems with my skin feeling greasy after using this.

Longevity
Due to the high SPF, this lasts a long amount of time.

I did not burn at all while using this. It is highly effective.

Ease of Application
It is really easy to use. You just rub it on your face and it absorbs quickly.

Great facial sunscreen!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70:

I am very hesitant to use regular sunscreen on my face after having a bad experience with regular sunscreen leaking into my eyes and causing a lot of burning. So I use Aveeno Continuous Protection sunblock lotion for my face because it's specifically formulated to be used on the face!
I think that this sunscreen absorbs very quickly, I would recommend applying it about 30 minutes before sun or water exposure in order for it to fully absorb into the skin. It doesn't leave my face oily or sticky and it doesn't give me that shiny look that I despise! It also doesn't leak into my eyes which covers my main concern!
I like how high the SPF is for this sunscreen. It has an SPF of 70 which is great for my face because although I do not burn too easily I have a problem with sun spots and freckles. This sunscreen helps protect my face so the damage I already have doesn't get even more unsightly. I also think this sunscreen protects my face enough so I won't get bad wrinkling later in life.
The scent of this sunscreen is not too bad so I don't mind using it and it doesn't leave any staining on my clothes when I go to the park or an outdoor activity where I will have sun exposure.
Overall this is the perfect facial sunscreen, I would highly recommend it!