Other Sunscreens:

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70

Pros

Cons

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock: Our daily sunblock

As resident South Floridians, we've become more serious about skin protection particularly during the spring and summer months. While basking in the sun for countless hours may have been the cool thing to do when we were kids, now in our middle years both the health and the appearance of our skin get much greater attention.

And while we have a varied supply of different sunscreens and sunblocks, we have come to rely on Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock as our daily preparation.

This broad spectrum spray has several advantages over other favorites of ours when it comes to daily use.

It goes on as a very fine, dry mist that is almost immediately absorbed into our skin. We keep both the SPF 30 & SPF 70 on hand. We use the 30 most often and reserve the 70 for the grand-kids. Within reason we find it both water and sweatproof.

For everyday use I can't think of a product I prefer.

The fact that it's PABA-free means we don't have to worry about it leaving those nasty yellow stains on our clothing.

There are times and places to want to smell like the Coppertone baby. I'm not going to kid you. I love the scent of Coppertone. But, when I'm out and about during my normal daily routine I much prefer the more discreet scent of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock. To me it's light, refreshing and appropriate for both males and females.

For those who have described it as overpowering, I can only surmise that they're using far too much of it.

Absorption
Absorption is almost immediate. In fact it's spooky at just how quickly it is absorbed into your skin leaving a dry, non-sticky surface behind.

Longevity
Unless we're spending a day on or near the water or are engaged in some strenuous activity, one morning application 15 - 30 minutes before going out is all we ever need. Fair-skinned individuals and children should probably apply it at least twice during the day.

As an everyday sunblock, we find Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock to be the most consistently effective sunblock.

Ease of Application
The "all position" spray can makes Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock among the easiest to apply. Held 4" -6" away from the skin it can be applied to all parts of the body except your face. Like the Coppertone Spray, it's recommended that the sunblock be applied to your palms and then rubbed into your face.

Easy to apply, blocks sun well, but a bit sticky

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70 is best used when you need overall coverage and are in a hurry. This misting sunblock is a convenient way to cover all of yourself with sunblock without having to get too much of the sunblock on your hands. It misting or spray effect comes out of the canister easily. It's easy to see whether you have missed a spot with the spray because the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist leaves a sheer on your skin wherever you've applied the product.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist protects my skin from the sun very well and lasts for many applications. I have worn the sunblock to all day county fairs and for days at the beach. I have yet to burn while wearing the product.

The only reason why I am not completely in love with the body mist is that it leaves my skin feeling sticky. Since Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70 is not a lotion, the skin does not absorb the product. Instead, the sunblock mist sits on top of your skin and leaves a sheer yet sticky residue on top. For me, this makes the sunblock experience a little less wonderful. Still, this product is better than many others available and it is a great help when you're in a hurry.

A life saver

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

This product was a life saver in the summer. I do a lot of sports, so I'm in the sun a lot. I also have very pale skin that burns really easily, so I really need a product that protects me from the sun's damaging rays. This sunscreen did an amazing job shielding my skin from UVA and UVB rays, and I didn't get any freckles or any sunburns. This sunblock really did an amazing job saving my skin from sunburns, and it was sweat and water proof, making it ideal for all occasions. I definitely recommend this product.

This sunblock has a clean, light fragrance that didn't irritate my skin.

Absorption
What made this sunblock especially outstanding was it had a light, non-greasy formula that didn't leave my skin feeling greasy or oily like most sunblocks do. It was almost as if I wasn't wearing any sunblock at all.

Longevity
One can lasted me for one and a half months, and I'd use it every single day and apply it to my arms, neck, and legs once every two hours. I got my money's worth out of this product.

This product was extremely effective for me. It protected my skin against UVB rays, which cause sunburns, and it was also broad spectrum, which means it protects against UVA rays which cause premature aging.

Ease of Application
This sunblock makes protecting my skin fast and easy.

• Ease of Application:

Light and airy... feels like you're not even wearing sunscreen!

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I understand 100% that sunscreen is an essential at all times, but I personally don't like putting it on. I don't like the formula and texture of most sunscreens. No matter how much you rub it into the skin, it still feels heavy and really oily, and skin my often breaks out from this as well.

I was intrigued by this product because of the spray-on bottle, and I knew that Neutrogena was a good brand that specializes in skin care. I'm really glad I picked it up. The product is easy to apply: you literally just spray it on your arms and legs and back and any area within reach (which is everywhere with this product) and all you need to do is gently rub it in for a few seconds. The formula isn't oily at all. Honestly, once I rub it in, it feels like I'm not even wearing sunscreen. The ease of use actually encourages me to wear sunscreen more often now. Since using this product, my skin hasn't broken out once, even the skin on my face, which tends to be super sensitive. Most importantly, this sunscreen really doesn't protect me from the sun. Even though it's extremely lightweight, the product is strong and really fights against the sun. Although this sunscreen is pricier than most, its ease of application and its formula more than makes up for it!

• Ease of Application:

Great product, great SPF.

from Ohio

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

My family loves Neutrogena products, especially their lotions and sun blocks. We live in Texas now so this is a NECESSITY. This "Neutrogena ultra sheer body mist sunblock SPF 70" is one of the best sunblocks I think I've ever used. It is gentle enough for just about any skin type, even children. We use this when we are going to be out in the sun for a while, without having to worry about the sun frying our skin. I love the fact that it's very fast and easy to apply, being a busy mom that REALLY comes in handy for me. You will not have to worry about this sunscreen mist making you feel greasy because it absorbs QUICK. I highly recommend this sunscreen to anyone for some quick and easy sun protection.

This sunscreen hardly has a scent to it, It is very light.

Absorption
It absorbs quickly, even faster if you give it a quick rub.

Longevity
I usually apply this once and it will last all day long.

Very effective, you will get complete sun protection and a little bit of hydration to your skin. It works great!

Ease of Application
Spray and go, super easy!

My favorite sunblock!

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

The Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist SPF 70 sunblock is my go to sunblock. As a mother of 2 young kids, and living in Florida, sunblock is a necessity all year round. We frequent the beach and spend most of our days outside. The chemicals in sunblock certainly have me concerned, but I feel a little bit more comfortable using this product as the chemical list is a little smaller. Easy application is a must when it comes to trying to get sunblock on 2 and 4 year old, crazy boys. This is super fast and easy to apply, even when they are running all around already at the beach. The price tag is a little higher than some of the other similar products, but the quality on the others does not seem quite as good. Worth the extra money to go for the Neutrogena. My boys have never gotten a burn while using this product. I try to remember to reapply every few hours, but it is a very low maintenance product.

Sheer Sunblock

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I am always on the lookout for newer and grander sunblocks so this season I have been trying this body mist sunblock. I like sunblocks that aren't necessarily lotion based so the mist feature really appealed to me along with the high SPF count. I have liked so far that I can apply it every day quickly and it absorbs fully in my skin within five minutes with no greasy stuff left behind. I have tried it out going both tanning and swimming and it held up really nicely against the water. I only had to apply it once in the day and that lasted me the entire time.

The scent wasn't too powerful or smelly which I really enjoyed.

Absorption
I am really happy that it absorbed fully within minutes. I can just mist it on or I can rub it in to speed up the process a little.

Longevity
Having to only use it once a day without having to reapply it is a very convenient pleasure.

I have not experienced a single burn since using this sunblock.

• Ease of Application:

Great for active families!

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I use this on everyone in my family - from our 1 year old, 3 year old to my husband and I. I like that it is compact and is easy to handle. I also like that it quickly gives off an even spray which is perfect because my sons are hard to keep still! Neutrogena is a brand that is seen multiple places throughout our home so it fit right in and makes us all comfortable.

This sunblock doesn't have an overpowering odor, which sets itself apart from the other products on the shelf. It has a slight scent which is just right. I like that the scent isn't feminine or masculine either.

Absorption
This products mists onto the skin very very well. It covers better than cream and soaks in very quickly. It doesn't leave your skin feeling oily and gunky either. but, it does make you feel like you are protected and free to go have fun doing your outdoor activities.

Longevity
I haven't had any issues with this sunblock wearing off. We re-apply once during our afternoons out in the sun and it works great. We still get tanned skin, but we do not get burnt. We really like this product for our young boys.

The spray nozzle is great. It sprays on the skin easily and covers a perfect amount of skin in one application. It keeps our skin from burning while also allowing the good rays to get soaked in.

Ease of Application
Misting on skin protection couldn't be easier than this sunblock. It goes on so evenly and covers so effectively - we just love it.

• Ease of Application:

A wonderful, light sunscreen.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

This sunscreen mist product is wonderful. It is very light sunscreen that does not make my skin feel greasy at all. Also, the seventy SPF is wonderful. I used to not burn at all, but now I seem to get sunburn much more easily. I have noticed that I have to buy sunscreen that is stronger. This sunscreen also sticks to my skin and I do not have to reapply it as much as I have to reapply other sunblock. The fact that it is a spray makes it better than a lot of other sunscreens too. I would recommend this product for protection against the sun. It is one of the few that I trust completely.

Absorption
This sunscreen absorbs quickly and does not leave a nasty, greasy residue on my skin, which is something I really do not like about a lot of other sunblocks.

Longevity
This sunblock seems to last a long time. I do not have to keep putting it on every time I get out of the pool or from swimming in the ocean.

It is very effective. The seventy SPF makes it even more effective. I definitely feel protected from sunburn when I am using this product.

• Ease of Application:

Great for sun protection!

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

This is a great sunscreen if you are looking for a large amount of sun protection. I used this when I traveled overseas to protect my fair skin from the sun. It worked wonders. It is really easy to apply due to it being a spray. It goes on really evenly and dries quickly. The SPF of 70 keeps you protected throughout the entire day. It did not leave my oily skin feeling greasy or clogged either. This is a great brand and their sunscreens work well on your skin. It protects well and lasts for a long time. It is also decently priced. I would highly recommend this product.

The scent is fine. It smells like most sunscreens do.

Absorption
It absorbed really quickly for me. It took only a few minutes to dry on my skin. The body spray helps it absorb quickly.

Longevity
It lasted me an extended period of time. I did not burn while using this.

I did not burn at all while using this sunscreen. You will not tan much while using it either.

Ease of Application
The spray application makes this very easy to apply.

• Ease of Application:

great spray for sensitive skin

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I use sunscreen religiously as I have a light complexion and burn easily. I love that Neutrogena has sunscreen that comes in spray form. Creams and lotions can stain and discolor clothing. Plus they take time to absorb and sometimes they feel greasy on my skin. This spray is feather light and non greasy. This spray also makes getting those hard to reach places - mainly my back easier to protect from the harmful rays of the sun. This sunscreen is so light that I cannot feel that I am even wearing it. A word of caution, do not apply it in a windy area. I made that mistake once and got a horrible sunburn. I now apply mine prior to going out in the sun. I have two active children and this spray is great to use on them. I always keep a bottle of this sunscreen in my car for when we are out running errands or attending school sporting events. I like to stock up during sales as this sunscreen comes in a smaller bottle and costs a little more than the competitors. It is worth the cost and is a great preventative measure to protecting your skin from the sun.

Absorption
This sunscreen spray is feather light and I cannot even tell I am wearing sunscreen.

Longevity
This sunscreen last approximately 80 minutes. I tend to re-apply more often than that.

• Ease of Application:

Spraying on your sunscreen sounds great until you inhale it all!

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I thought a spray-on suntan lotion was going to be convenient and efficient, but with the wind outside (when needing to reapply) I felt that I lost a lot of the product into the air. And, when I sprayed it inside, I started coughing because I inhaled so much of it!

It smells fine, but I smelled too much of it. I was disturbed by the amount of product I inhaled.

Absorption
I found that this lotion takes a few extra minutes to absorb into the skin, so I had to wait for absorption before dressing or going into the water.

Longevity
I think this product lasted a sufficient amount of time for a suntan lotion. I was satisfied with it, and did not get burned.

This product is effective. At the end of the day, I did not get burned, so the sun tan lotion worked!

Ease of Application
Spraying on your sunscreen is very easy- I was able to cover my entire body without help, but I felt like I used half the can for one application. This was due to losing a lot of product into the air, but it is easy to spray on!