Other Sunscreens:

BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

I'm allergic to the sun yet, I have a tan. Thank you bullfrog.

Bullfrog is absolutely the best. If I apply it, it protects. I can remember the first time I ever used it...Torrance, CA. Fishing on the pier, and I was getting burned. Asked one of the merchants on the pier what they recommended. Bullfrog was unnanimous. It was what the surfers used, and it didn't wash off for 8 hours without soap & water. I had that first bottle for about three years. Then, I found it in more retail stores. My biggest gripe: you had to rub it in again after 5 minutes to "activate" it. Sometimes I forgot. But now, it seems most of the Bullfrog is lotion that doesn't need reminding and it's still just as effective. I am Italian and Lebanese with some sharp Caucasian thrown in there, and I'm allergic to the sun! Yet, I tan beautifully when I use my Bullfrog. If I miss a spot when applying, that's what burns. Otherwise, I'm always protected. I tell everyone and yet they still use other products. Too bad for them. I'm with you Bullfrog, to the end. You're MY Prince in shining armor!

Sounds great if you can remember to rub it in every five minutes

On the Bullfrog Suntan Lotion subject it is a great lotion.  It is non-greasy and has no odor at all so you do not smell weird or "tasty" to the bugs.  I did find that the fact of rubbing it to activate it to be very hard to remember when you are on vacation and trying to spot all the sights.  But, overall I found it to be a great sun blocker.  I found that I definitely did not burn and once activated it did give even screening.

BullFrog is amazing at protecting my skin from the sun

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

I have been using BullFrog for years. My mom used it on me when I was younger and I still use it. I love the BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45 because of the higher SPF. I have very fair skin and need a high SPF to be protected from sunburns. I also like to use a higher SPF on my children. I love that I can apply this on them and feel they are safe from sun damage. I love that it's sweat and water proof and lasts longer than most sunblocks. Also after using this sunblock lotion it doesn't leave mine or my children's skin feeling greasy or sticky. This is a huge bonus, I have used some sunblocks in the past that have left my skin feeling sticky and it was horrible, BullFrog doesn't do this.

I don't really notice much of a scent.

Absorption
Absorbs into mine and my children's skin well. Does not leave our skin feeling oily.

Longevity
Lasts as long as I would expect from a sunblock.

Very effective at keeping mine and my children's skin safe from sunburns and sun damage.

Ease of Application
Fairly easy to use bottle.

BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45 Will Protect You From The Sun

from Stockton, CA

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45 is one of my favorites to use in the sun. It feels soft and smooth and absorbs quicky into my skin. I like the texture because it is just right. The texture is more thick than thin, in my opinion. I like to rub it into my skin right before I get into the water. I also like to rub it on my skin right after I get out of the water too. The sun soaks up the water from my skin fast. I don't want to get burned. I like to use this when I am walking along the beach, while I listen to the lastest hits on the radio. This stuff smells pretty good. I think the smell is faint for a sunscreen lotion. I don't like to smell like I just came from the beach. This lotion protects my skin for hours. I like to repeat it whenever it is needed. The instructions are easy to understand and follow. I like the container it comes in. It is easy to spot and grab from my beach bag. It has cool writing on it too. I think the price is a bit high. I only buy this when it is on sale. This lotion with SPF 45 in it will protect your skin in hot weather. I recommend it, and it gets 4 STARS.

Super sun block!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

Bull Frog Super Block sunscreen SPF 45 has almost a cult like following in the beach community where I live! The beach is within walking distance so were always at the beach! I first tried Bull Frog sunscreen after a friend recommended it to me and I have been using it ever since. It's one of the best sunscreens I have ever tried and it has even allowed my mom, who easily turns into a lobster, a lot of beach time!
It absorbs rapidly into my skin and goes on evenly and without too much effort. It doesn't really have a scent to it which is nice because a lot of sunscreens have a certain smell to them.
The SPF of 45 is great for long amounts of exposure to the sun and this sunscreen is very long lasting even if I forget to reapply I still feel like my skin is protected. It doesn't make my skin feel gross either so I don't mind using this sunscreen for everyday sun exposure.
I would highly recommend that you try Bull Frog super block sunscreen! It works great and you won't get sun burnt with this one!

Works Great!

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

My mother cheaped out on a lot of things that did not matter when I was younger. Living in Florida and going to the beach once a week in the summers, sunscreen was not one of them. We love this sunscreen because it does not wear off all day. Who has been at the beach and thought to reapply their sunscreen?! We would play all day and not get burned. It has a cap that allows for easy pouring, but not so much that it goes all over the place. It is a white color when it comes out, so you know if you are missing spots. It is a little difficult to rub in, but that is just because it works. It is also a little more expensive than other sunscreens, and I never see coupons for it. It comes in SPF 45, which is pretty high. I prefer to have at least that on my skin. In short, I recommend this sunscreen to everyone, but especially people who do not want to reapply at the beach. This would be a lifesaver for you!

Good for every day

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

I was a little skeptical the first time I tried Bullfrog Super block because it wasn't a brand I was used to but after using this product I quickly became a fan of the company and tried a number of their other products. This is one of my favorite sunscreens for every day, I have fair skin and found the SPF 15 isn't really enough even if I'm not outside long.

The scent is mild, it smells more like lotion then a sunscreen and goes away quickly. I actually like the sunscreen smell so this product's scent was a bit of a let down for me.

Absorption
I really love how quickly this sunscreen absorbs. It doesn't leave me feeling greasy either which is a definite plus.

Longevity
I apply this in the morning and as long as I'm not out in the sun ALL day I don't need to reapply at all.

Ease of Application
The squeeze bottle makes applying the sunscreen really easy. It has a good consistency so it doesn't pour out to quickly in a soupy mess like some lotions.

Name says it all

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

I think that BullFrog's SuperBlock Lotion is very appropriately named. I have used this lotion many times, and even though it says it is only SPF forty-five, I think that this protects almost as well as SPF seventy. There are two things that I look for when I buy sun tan lotion: scent and absorption. When it comes to scent for this lotion, I think it smells really good. I actually do not mind putting it on my body and I do not have to fear smelling weird. The absorption aspect of this lotion is just okay. Normally when I apply it to my body I have to wash my hands at least once or twice to get all of it off of my hands. It leaves everything a little oily, so I have to make sure I do not touch a bunch of things and leave smudges. When it comes to SPF forty-five lotions, this is the one that I go with the majority of the time. I have found that it is great on children too. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a strong lotion.

Saved by the frog!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

I'm one of those people that burn so easily, I often relate myself to being like a giant ant under an even more giant magnifying glass. Considering that I relate to being a bug, it's ironic that a sunblock called Bullfrog is my greatest ally. Bullfrog has literally saved my skin backpacking in the snow for weeks at a time, surfing in Hawaii and everywhere in between. It's not greasy at all, doesn't smell, really is waterproof and lasts through killer sweat too. My only recommendations are to keep it out of your eyes (like any sunblock) and be prepared to scrub yourself several times with soap to get it off at the end of the day. That's a price I'm willing to pay for real protection (and the chance to extend the length of time I *don't* look like a lobster) though. Bullfrog is one of the few genuine "active lifestyle" sunblock on the market. That's a rarity. I highly recommend giving it a try.

• Ease of Application:

By far the best waterproof sunscreen on the market!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

I have very fair and sensitive skin. I burn within 5 minutes of being in the sun (hello ginger!) When my dermatologist recommended this brand, I thought he was just paid to advertise it. Little did I know he was on to something! He said it is the only truly waterproof sunscreen on the market (meaning other claimed waterproof sunscreens only minimize sun damage in the water, but are not fully effective in the water). This sunscreen is fully effective and after an hour in the pool, I had no color what so ever for the following couple days! This sunscreen is intense and truly does block skin from the sun, not even a little tan or a tiny bit pink! I was bright white as ever! It also has more time in between reapplications, allowing users to have fun and not worry about reapplying every half hour. Annoying! This sunscreen is by far the best and I would recommend it to anyone with fair, susceptible skin to harsh sun rays.

The scent was a bit stronger than other sunscreens, but not unpleasant. On the beach or at the pool, you'd expect to smell sunbathers and their products so it is not too much of a problem.

• Ease of Application:

The best skin defense that money can buy.

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

I work around the ocean all day long and bullfrog sun protection is my choice. This product is very water resistant no matter what the weather brings. I work long hours installing floating docks and the sun is always beating me up. I have used a lot of other sun protection products that states they are the best, but I beg to differ. I put bullfrog on and I know that I am good hands. No one wants their off time destroyed by a awful sunburn that can harm you for ago time. This product protects every skin tone from light to dark. So if you need quality protection reach for bullfrog and you will never be sorry. This product is trusted by beach bums and ocean workers every where. I would recommend this product to anyone because no one should ever suffer the effects of the sun. This product will help every worker in you crew to have a awesome work day in the sun, without worries or lost time due to blistering sunburns.

To be such a tough protector from the sun, it has a awesome smell to it.

Absorption
This product absorbs like no other product on the market. There is no wasted product, which is good for your skin and you wallet.

Longevity
This product seems like it lasts forever. It lasts for hours in the ocean or on the beach. It will save you skin for a long time.

This product is very effective and it lives up to it named in so many ways.

Ease of Application
This product is so easy to apply that anyone can do it, no matter you age . Young to old can apply without any problems of wasted product.

• Ease of Application:

a great brand i've trusted for years

Comments about BullFrog SuperBlock Lotion SPF 45:

My kids have pretty fair skin and burn fairly easily, and bull frog spf45 is the best we have used to prevent burns. It also lasts a long time and continues to protect. The other thing we like about it is that it applies easily and does not go on with a super greasy feel that lingers on your hands like a lot of other lotions do.