Other Baby Sunscreens:

Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Gentle on skin & fragrance free

My daughter has sensitive skin, like me, and I tried one other baby sunblock on her and it gave her a rash.  After getting a rash from the other sunblock I went to Neutrogena's Pure and Free Baby Sunblock because I had read online reviews and it seemed to be well liked.  This sunblock has never given my 9-month old daughter a rash and she has been using it since she was 6-months old.  I like that it has a high SPF also because my daughter has very light colored skin and would burn easily in the sun.  We have had no problems with her burning at all even when we are out in the sun all day.

The one downside to this sunblock is that it is greasy feeling to the touch but once it absorbs into the skin then it isn't too greasy or sticky anymore.  It also is more difficult than other sunblocks to rub all the way in.  Usually there is some white color somewhere that I had not rubbed in enough.  It is very much on the pricey end of sunblocks but it is worth it when it works as well as this product does.  All in all I would recommend it to anyone though because it protects the skin from the sun without irritating.

On the fence

So as a first time mom, with a 6 month old baby i have to be able to have a great sunscreen that i can depend on, that is gentle enough for my baby.  I was in a baby store when i saw this sunscreen and was drawn to it by the trustworthy brand and the "pure and free" display.  I compared to a few others and even though the price was high it looked like a good buy.   Upon the first time i was going to put my baby in a kiddy pool, the sun was out and it was extremely warm out.  I applied the sunscreen which was thick and somewhat difficult to put on a squirmy baby.  I think if the texture were more like a lotion and easier to rub in, it would have had a better outcome.  Anyways, so as soon as i put him in the pool it was like the sunscreen poured off...Im not sure if this was waterproof, im assuming it was not but if he would have sweat it would have come off just as easy and could have gotten in his eyes wich would have been another issue....  over all just not a fan.

Neutrogena Sunblock

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

This sunblock is great. I really didn't want my children to get sunburned from playing outside, but I was wary about putting sunblock on them as well. I have read a lot of things about how dangerous sunblocks can be. Some of them contain so many chemicals that it makes them more dangerous than the sun. I was so excited when I found this sunblock a few years ago. I had tried a few natural sunblocks before this one. The ones I tried claimed they were all natural and organic. It didn't really matter how safe they were because they didn't work! I have used a lot of Neutrogena products throughout my life, so I really trust the brand. I picked this up one day a few years ago, and I have used it on my kids ever since! It contains safe ingredients, and it really works. They also make a little stick with the same formula that you can just rub on. I think that is really great for the face.

Absorption
This sunblock didn't absorb really well, but that didn't really matter to me.

Great for sensitive skin

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

We always knew that our son had somewhat sensitive skin, but this summer, we had a huge problem with sunscreen. The first time we put it on, he broke out and had dry skin for days! My sister recommended that we find an all-natural lotion. It was wonderful! We have not had any problems with his skin since using Neutrogena Pure and Free. It is a pricey lotion, but it is definitely worth the money if you have sensitive skin. We also loved that it did not have a greasy feeling that you find with a lot of sun blocks.

You have to make sure to reapply, like all lotions, but it definitely cut down on the sunburns this summer.

Not a bad scent at all. My kids had no complaints while slathers this sunblock on.

Absorption
This product rubbed in really well. We used liberally and did not notice any greasy feelings. Of course, it still picked up some dirt while my kids were rolling around on the ground, but we did not have any trouble washing off with soap and water.

• Absorption:

Best I have found for a baby with sensitive skin

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

My daughter has severe eczema and finding a sunscreen that did not break her out was difficult. Although a bit pricey, I believe it is worth every penny. This so far, is the only thing that does not irritate her skin. I don't do reapplications because she is never out in the direct sunlight for more than an hour or two. It seems to hold up well for at least 2 hours of playing in the pool or at the beach.

In all the times we have used this sunscreen on my daughter's sensitive skin, she has not yet been burned by the sun. Seems to do it's job very well. I have not trusted one application for more than two hours at a time though so reapplication of the product may be needed if you are going to be in constant sunlight or frequently in the water.

The scent is very light, which I like. I don't like sunscreens that have an overwhelming smell, especially when it is a product I am going to be using on my baby.

Absorption
The lotion is very thick and takes a bit to apply and seems to stay that way for a while.

• Absorption:

Good sunblock for infants only

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

We used this with our daughter when she was 10 months old and we took her to the Jersey shore. This year, we are planning on using something marketed specifically as "waterproof" because she is so active. We had to put this sunscreen on her quite a few times because it would rub off, or she would sweat it right off. She is very fair-skinned, so we were pretty diligent about it. If your baby has darker skin, it may not be as much of a concern. Overall, it's a great product and our daughter did not get any sunburn at all, but because it is "pure" and "natural", it rubs off much too easily.

• Absorption:

Wouldn't use anything else.

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

My children have extremely sensitive skin and I am always looking for products that will not irritate their skin or too strong smelling. I have used Neutrogena products on myself before so I was very comfortable in using this product on my children. They are a brand that I completely trust. I put it on them when we go out during the summer whether it's to the beach, park or store. It protects their skin and I doesn't leave them feeling greasy. They don't fuss at all when I put it on them. I would recommend this product to any mom with a child that has sensitive skin.

Works great for baby skin.

Very light.

Absorption
Absorbs right into the skin.

Too thick and sticky

from Epworth, IA

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

**Our entire family has very white and sensitive skin, so I am always very choosy when selecting our sun block, and Coopertone is always my go-to brand. One day my husband ran into the store quickly to grab some sun block for our diaper bag since we had left the house without grabbing ours, and he came back with this - Nutrogena Pure and Free Baby Sun block Lotion. . The consistency of the sun block was REALLY hard to apply - I had to press extremely hard to make sure that a coat was being applied to our little ones skin, and the pressure I had to use was very irritating to them. Also, the formula has a very greasy, oily feel - so although the grease let me know that it had been applied, it was not a comfortable feeling for the skin. It did a good job of protecting our skin from the sun, and no one got too much sun, BUT it is definitely not a product that we will ever purchase again, nor would I recommend it to others. **

Neutrogena Pure & Free is excellent!

from Arlington Heights, IL

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

I love it for both me and my kids. I have very sensitive skin, and so does my oldest daughter. This is one of very few sunscreen that doesn't irritate her skin. It is very easy to apply, not oily.

I feel safe with it because it protects against both UVA and UVB rays, using Purescreen, which is a blend of naturally sourced sunscreen ingredients. It provides SPF 60 protection which is perfect for the place where we usually vacation, the solar activity can be dangerous there.

great sunblock protection

from Antioch, TN

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

I have used Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion on my baby when he was about 7 month old. It was our first family vacation and since our destination was North Carolina(read: The ocean :-) , I got into a research on baby sunscreens. After multiple trails (I believe I bought 7 or 8 different brands and types of baby lotions and face sticks), our choice was defiantly Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion. It was very light , not greasy at all, very low scent (which I appreciated very much) and the sun-blocking protection is amazing! I only had to apply it one time-before we went to the beach and one time int he afternoon- that it ! My baby got all the vitamin D from the Sun he needed, but his skin never got burned or even pink! I love Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion and would defiantly recommend it to anybody! As a matter of fact, Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion is the only one I use for my face from now on :-)

Finally a safe sunblock

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

My son has extremely sensitive skin. Any time I used sunblock he would break out in hives and his normal eczema rash. I received a sample of the Neutrogena Pure & Free and decided to give it a try. He has such little tender skin & needs to wear sunblock. He did not break out from this product and it was so light and smooth. It did leave a white film on his skin though, but no sun burns or skin damage!!!

Pure protection for your baby

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+:

Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby Sunblock lotion uses naturally sourced sunscreen ingredients to protect your baby from the sun without exposing them to dangerous chemicals.  The sunscreen is easy to apply, not gunky or oily, and provides SPF 60 protection, guarding against UVA and UVB rays. It uses Purescreen, which is a blend of naturally sourced sunscreen ingredients.  My daughter and I both love it! Although it says baby, I use it as well.

As with other sunscreens, ask a doctor before using on infants under 6 months.