Other Baby Sunscreens:

Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 50

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

I wish they sold this in gallons.

Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free UVA & UVB Sunblock Lotion

Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free UVA & UVB Sunblock Lotion

With this past summer being my son's first summer where we spent a great deal of time in the sun I probably went overboard buying several different brands of sunblock to make sure I had the best one.

I received the Banana Boat sunblock from a friend and used it prior to the other brands I had on hand. I used it prior to swimming in the baby pool and it would not be absorbed in his skin before he would jump in the pool. I worried about needed to reapply the sunblock because of this reason and noticed that it stuck to his skin even when he instantly got in the water.

I used it liberally and often, sometimes applying several coats per hour and quickly ran out. We tried a few other brands that were supposed to be waterproof and tear-free but it resulted in the sunblock washing off in the water and my son screaming from the pain of it getting in his eyes. I returned to the store and bought several more bottles of Banana Boat Baby and it has been the only sunblock I have used since.

The SPF is 50 so I don't worry about sunburn and the tear-free aspect is a big plus. He also has sensitive skin so I have to watch carefully how he reacts to products. His skin did great with this lotion due to the hypoallergenic quality.

I am also discouraged by strong scented baby items because I feel it means there are unnecessary perfumes in the product. This sunblock have a mild scent that is barely noticeable unless you are smelling the opened bottle directly.

I take skin protection very seriously and trust this product to protect my son's young, delicate skin from the sun.

Gave me a horrible rash!

I would give this sunblock negative stars if I could. I got a horrible rash from using this product and I know for sure it was this that caused it. Fortunately, I had only use the sunblock on my arms because I usually wear long pants and did not put it on my face. I have quite sensitive skin (mainly on my face) but never have I gotten such a reaction from a skincare product before. I thought this was the "baby" formula that it would be extra gentle but it turned out to be the complete opposite!! The rash lasted for a few weeks and everyday I would have to put an ice pack on it to reduce the swelling and itching. At first, I thought it was just a sun rash but then I googled this sunblock and found that other people had had the same reactions. I will never be purchasing a banana boat product ever again after this horrific experience. I will definitely be finding a physical sunblock in a different brand.

Wonderful Sunscreen

Comments about Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 50:

This is a great sunscreen that does a great job of protecting you from the sun and staying even if you go swimming with it on. The folks at Banana Boat are the leaders when it comes to sunscreen and they have made themselves one great sunscreen this time. This is the sunscreen I go to first when it comes to protecting my family from the harmful effects of the sun.

This sunscreen has worked so well for me and my family. It has kept us from getting sunburned. It also stays on very well when you go swimming.

This sunscreen has a very nice tropical scent. It will make you feel like you're at a tropical resort even when you're just lounging around the back yard pool.

Absorption
This sunscreen does a great job of absorbing into your skin. It doesn't leave your arm all greasy, nor does it leave your hands all sticky after you've applied it to yourself. This sunscreen goes on very smoothly.

Unscented baby sunscreen

from Irvine, CA

Comments about Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 50:

This is the only sunscreen I've ever used on my one year old so I can't compare it with others. However, it serves it's purpose. I like that it has 50 SPF, the strongest for the most delicate skins and also that it's unscented. I don't think any baby products should have fragrance.

Seems to be effective. Haven't had a problem here.

I love that it's unscented. There is no need for any baby products to have fragrance. Babies smell good on their own - there is no need for unnecessary chemicals in any products we use.

Absorption
This is the only "disappointing" part of the sunscreen. Perhaps it's because it's for babies and they want to make sure there is extra protection, or that it's 50 SPF, but it's really thick and creamy. It's hard to spread and it leaves a white tint on my baby's skin. Nonetheless, I still use it because I know it protects. The good part about the white tint is that you know exactly where the sunscreen is, so you don't miss a spot!

Safe for my baby

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 50:

This kept my baby boy safe in the summer sun. I'll admit I did keep him covered up as best I could with his sun hat and a swim shirt but it is good to put on their legs and the face especially. My son also has sensitive skin and it did not seem to bother it. He had no rashes or bad reactions.

I believe it was effective. I do not think my son got a sun burn when he had it on. It is tear free too. I was putting it on my son's face one day and he turned his head quick and my hand went right into his eyes. I was trying to quickly was it out but he didn't even fuss really.

I love the smell of sun tan lotion anyway so of course I loved the smell of this one. The sent was a little milder than other sun tan lotions. I'm guessing because it is for babies and needs to be mild and for sensitive baby skin.

Absorption
A lot of sunscreen is very greasy or oily but this was more like a lotion and absorbed nicely into my son's skin.

• Absorption:

An awesome sunblock for kids

Comments about Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 50:

This is one of the best sunblocks for babies and kids. My son and my little sister have never gotten sun burn with this. It has a light scent that's not overpowering. It has a thick texture that goes on smoothly. Its very gentle and pure to my sons skin. Its tear free and its waterproof so it doesn't come off when my son goes swimming. I love how its lightweight and not heavy it doesn't leave that greasy feel. It lasts all day and it doesn't come off easily. I trust this brand a lot for my son and I feel comtorable using it on him. Its great how it doesn't sting his eyes its very delicate. The spf is 50 so it protects against the UVA and UVB rays, which is really good especially for my sons baby soft skin. The quality of this Banana Boat baby tear free sunblock is wonderful. I would recommend this to any children or babies whenever you take them out in the sun. Its great for sensitive skin too because its fragrance free and pediatrician tested.

A Good Sunscreen to Mix with Facial Foundation

I use Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF
50 daily. I am 55 and chose it because I wanted a mild sunscreen to use on my face. I figured if this was mild enough for a baby, it would be okay to use on my face. I have been very satisfied with this product. I mix it with my foundation and then put the mixture on my face. It tones down the color of the foundation, which is good because I am so fair skinned and it makes the foundation creamier and it goes on easier and
keeps the foundation from flaking. It also helps the foundation to stay on longer. None of the foundations have an SPF high enough for me with my fair skin, so I mix the foundation with this sunscreen and it works very well.

It protects my skin from harmful effects of the sun. I mostly use it on my face, but also on my arms. I use it on my legs when I go swimming. I live in the South, so it essential to use a sunscreen that works and this one does a good job.

This sunscreen is fragrance free.

Absorption
This sunscreen absorbs into the skin well and also mixes well with the facial foundation that I use. I use the mixture of the sunscreen and my foundation on my face everyday.

Great baby sunblock

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 50:

I always use this sunblock for my daughters, who are 1 and 3. We live in Missouri, so we may have brutal summers or cool summers. For that reason, I always keep it in the diaper bag just in case. We spend a lot of our summer outdoors, so I keep the girls plastered in it. In the beginning of the summer, they kept getting sunburned even after using it. I was about to throw it away and go find another sunscreen when I heard in the radio that 90% of people use sunscreen wrong. So I listened and found out I was not using nearly enough for them. Now, I use a handful on each girl and reapply it every few hours, more frequently if we are in the pool, and it has helped drastically! They rarely get a sunburn at all now, while there father, who uses nothing, looks like a lobster. This is a great product as long as you are using it correctly. The smell is also great and we never had any problems with the girls breaking out from it. It seems to be very gentle on their skin. My 3 year old breaks out from so much stuff and this is not one of them.

• Absorption:

My go to sunscreen for the kids

from Kittery Point, ME

Comments about Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 50:

When it comes to sunscreen, I am very choosy as to what goes onto my children's skin. Looking closely at this label, it contains "physical" barrier sunscreens, zinc oxide and titanium oxide. Compared to several chemicals in the spray products and even some of the liquid baby sunscreens, this makes me feel a lot better about what I am applying to their skin, compared to chemicals I have never heard and can't pronounce. Takes a tiny bit more time to rub into the skin, but goes on fairly smoothly and covers well. Doesn't burn the eyes when you sweat or get wet from swimming. Easy to find in stores, which is a big plus.

Works well, I haven't had a burn with it applying about every hour or so. Use a little more on areas prone to burning- ears, nose, top of feet.

Smells like your average sunscreen, no perfumes. Wish it smelled a little less strongly though.

Absorption
Rubs in fairly well once you get it working into the skin.

• Absorption:

This product is great for sensitive skin!

Comments about Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 50:

My daughter has really sensitive skin and all other products made her break out in a rash. But not banana boat. It is gentle enough to use on her very sensitive skin. It is very hard to find a sunscreen that is fragrance free. It also works great when the kids play in water!

great baby sunscreen

from Sahuarita, AZ

Comments about Banana Boat Baby Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 50:

I bought this for my baby because I wanted a sunscreen with a high SPF from a brand that I trust. We live in Arizona where the sun can be brutal, and my daughter inherited my very fair skintone, so choosing the right sunscreen is of the utmost important to me. I really really like this one. It definitely works. We recently went to a street fair with my family, and although it was only March, it was 95 out and clear skies. The rest of my family got burnt, but me and the baby (yes, I now use it too!) looked the same at the end of the day as we did in the beginning. I do think that this sunscreen leaves a slight oily feel/residue on your skin, but it's not as bad as other sunscreens I've used in the past, and you usually get that when you use a waterprrof product. Overall, I really like this sunscreen and would reccomend it.

Gave me a horrible rash!