Other Baby Sunscreens:

Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70

Pros

Cons

Protects Pale Skin to the Fullest Strength

My son and I are very fair skinned.  We get burned and freckle fried on contact in the sun.  I feel like a vampire in the summer months, trying to stay out of the sun.  We discovered this product when we realized that no other product had any more than 55 SPF to go into the sun.  We had continued to burn even with that until we discovered Water Babies, 70 SPF.  Now we can safely go to the beach and be better protected in the blazing, summer sun.  We love the water and the sand and are so happy that we can spend more time in it without fear of roasting like a Thanksgiving turkey in the summer sun.  We take Water Babies Sunscreen Lotion with 70 SPF everywhere we go in the summer and apply it liberally throughout the day so we can swim.  Its stays on the skin pretty well even when swimming.  Its really the only product I find that does that, that absorbs into the layers of fair skin in my family and protects us from the sun and its powerful summer rays through and through!  Its not irritating, its gentle, and smells pretty good!

Coppertone wter baby sunscreen revew by mom of two

This sunscreen seems by looking at the label that it would be what every first and experienced parent is looking for. For me I was sadly disappointed. I followed the directions as every normal parents does and kept reapplying every 60 minutes. My children developed a breakout from the sunscreen and actually started itching from it. If your child has any sensitvity issues as do most, this  product was not worth the value nor worth the money that I paid for it. I found Aveeno or Neutrogena; even though they are pricier...are worth every penny.

I found that the shelf live of this product is poor also. Obviously I kept it even though I did not use it in case one of my girlfriends kids needed sunscreen. I kept the sunscreen in a cabinet in the kitchen and found that after a month of not using it, that the contents of the sunscreen had watered down from a thick milky lotion to a skim milk consistency. My recommendation if any of the above applies to you, would be to look for a different sunscreen. Just because it has the buzz word "baby" in the title, does not mean it is the best for your little one.

Tried and True

from Salisbury, NC

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

I have been using this on my kids for over 18 years, Four kids later, I still rate this at the top for sunscreen for kids. I have a 19 month old now and this will be my go to sunscreen for him anytime we are outdoors. Started using this with my oldest about 18 years ago. I guess I feel more comfortable using something that has been around for a long time.

I apply the sunscreen about 20 minutes prior to heading outdoors for maximum blockage of the sun and as long as a do that and reapply about once and hour I have good results. This is great for use at the pool or beach or just outdoors. Some products wear off with water but this one seems to absorb better.

The scent is fine. that has never been a concern of mine since my purchase is all about sun protection, but the scent is pleasant.

Absorption
Again, allow 20 minutes after application before heading out in the sun, but the absorption is fine. Spreads easy...not too thick.

• Absorption:

Gift from heaven for pale people like myself.

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

I purchased (among other reasons) Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70 because it is the number one recommended sunscreen for infants. I swear by sunscreens intended for the use of children for pale women/men, and people that have really sensitive skin. Since these lotions are made for kids they usually tend to have more natural ingredients, and provide more protection from the sun. This sunscreen offers eighty minutes of water resistant protection, which to me was a stretch, I ended up reapplying it sooner than that just for precaution.

This sunscreen was effective in keeping my skin safe from getting sunburned. I was very pleased that it allowed me to enjoy my time in the sun without worrying about getting burnt. It also did not irritate my skin, or leave any kind of unwanted residue.

Smells what you would expect a sunscreen to smell like.

Absorption
This stuff absorbs in to the skin pretty quickly.

Best sunblock protection ever

from TN

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

I love Coppertone water babies sunscreen, it has a very high SPF of 70. I use this sunscreen every time me and my family go swimming. I don't have to reapply this product nearly as many times, as I used to with other brands of sunscreen. I put it on them before they swim and reapply it about an hour or two later.

This sunscreen is very effective, since I started using it we do not get burnt and we all have really pale skin. So if it can keep us from burning, then it has to be good.

I love the scent of this sunscreen, it is very fresh and clean. Other brands I have used in the past smelled just like a medicine cabinet.

Absorption
It absorbs pretty fast, which is a plus because I do not have to make my kids wait after I apply their sunscreen to start swimming. Other brands I have used in the past took forever to absorb. One brand in-particular I used didn't even sink into their skin and when they went swimming it washed right off. I am so glad I started using this sunscreen it works awesome.

Great sunblock!

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

I love coppertone water babies sunscreen. We spend a lot of time at the beach, and outside at home. I have four children, ages ranging 8 months to 6 years. I use this particular sunscreen on all of my kids, and i always have. I love how well it works. I reapply as the directions say to, every 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. I have never had my kids get a sunburn while using this product. It spreads on easily, and its not really greasy like a lot of sunscreens out there. It smells good too. An 8 fluid oz bottle lasts us a long time, because you don't need very much when you use it. Two of my children have super sensitive skin, and they can wear water babies with no problem. One of my sensitive kids can not usually tolerate lotions or any scented products on his skin but he gets no reaction from water babies, so i would say that its pretty safe for sensitive skin. I use it for their faces too. I think this is the best sunblock out there, and it's great for protecting little ones skin from sunburn.

Coppertone cool

from Edina, MN

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70 is a great sunscreen to have on hand for infants, babies, or children. It is a great level of protection for them and really does do the job. I am always trying out new sunscreens since I live where we are exposed to strong sun rays. This is a great one. It gives a level of protection that is higher than others. It has protected my girls from getting sunburned and although it does leave the skin with a little bit of that white film, it keeps them protected. I haven't had to apply to much as it spread easily. It also protects their faces without stinging and leaking into their eyes. This is a great plus for me as many others sting their eyes. I think Coppertone is a great brand and provides efficient products.

Kept my girls from getting burned.

Kept my girls from getting burned.

Absorption
Absorbs well, but does leave a little bit of that white film on the skin.

Coppertone Water Babies is Gentle and Effective

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

I have four grandchildren and we spend a lot of time in the sun during the warm months. During the spring, summer and fall , they have a lot of school and vacation activities and my daughter and I try to do a lot of activities that they enjoy. They are not the kind of kids that like to stay inside and are always outside. Spending a lot of time at the beach or at a pool during the summer is definitely a burning situation. Coppertone Water babies Sunscreen with SPF 70 is wonderful. Not only does it provide harmful rays from burning their tender skin as it is SPF 70, it also goes on smooth. It lasts a long time although if they go in the water , we always reapply to be safe. Children have such beautiful skin and using this sunscreen will keep it that way. They never burn when they use this sunscreen and it is gentle on their skin. It has no harsh irritants or chemicals that would cause a rash or be irritating. I highly recommend this sunscreen. It is good for all skin types , even adults and is reasonably priced as well.

• Absorption:

This is the way to not get cancer or burned

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

This stuff has been around for a long time and works really well. You need to reapply it like all sunscreen, but it doesn't try to oversell itself for what it does. it is great to protect your skin. The only time you would not want to use this product is if you wanted to get a tan, burn, or a whole lot of freckles

Too thick of a formula

from Epworth, IA

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

**Coopertone makes several different high SPF strengths of sun block, and for us, this strength is almost too much. Our entire family has really white, sensitive skin, so we always have to be very aware of our sun exposure and make sure that we are applying ample amounts of sun screen so that we don't end our day in the sun looking like a fried tomato. With that said, this sun block is SO think that it's hard to get it to go on evenly, and even after doing your best to rub it all in, you can still see a white coat of sun block all over your body. The thickness does make it great for staying on while in the water of course, but if you intended to use this on little children or babies (as the name implies) you have to be constantly worried that they will put their hands/arms/other body parts in their mouth, and you can SEE that they will be ingesting some of the sun block that you have just applied. Over all, we have opted to NOT use this product, but instead use the much thinner (but with GREAT protection) Coopertone SPF 50 products. **

It's a good product, but SPF 70 is irrelevant

from Lisle, IL

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

In cases of sun exposure, I am one of the first to be stern about the use of sunscreen. I grew up in Southern California and baked myself daily from childhood to early adulthood with little interest in sunscreen. Not a good idea when I developed skin cancer at the age of 24. Now, I'm much more conscious. I am an avid sunscreen user, and Coppertone is my favorite.

For some reason, this scent is nostalgic. It reminds me of childhood and it's such a wonderful thing to know we are doing our bodies well by applying. The scent is wonderful and it works great, but from my experience, anything above 50 SPF and applying every hour is the way to go. SPF 70 is a little unnecessary because there is no proof that anything above 50 actually works any harder. I guess it won't hurt, but I wouldn't pay more for 70 versus 50.

I would, however, pay more for Coppertone and this lovely scent. Sometimes it just takes you back.

Not just for babies

from Elmhurst, IL

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen SPF 70:

Though this sunscreen is packaged for babies, our whole family uses it.  Very effective, not greasy and has good staying power.  I have very sensitive skin and many sunscreens make me itch but with Coppertone Waterbabies I just get comfortable sun protection