Other Baby Sunscreens:
Aveeno Baby
Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55

Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55

• Absorption:

A good one for me and baby

I've been using this sunblock on my son since he was a tiny tot.It has a good consistency and layers thick, yet transparent, so it feels like it is really working and know where it is working when you apply it.My son has never complained and it doesn't melt off my make-up.This is my go-to sublock on those really hot and sunny days and didn't really notice how much I loved it until it was one of the last weeks of summer and I squeezed every single drop of sunblock out of that tube and went back to the store to buy another tube for the rest of the year.Good stuff for the whole family.

Gave my son excema

We are fond of the Aveeno products for our two kids, especially the baby lotion and bath wash.  We chose to use their baby sunscreen for our kids during the summer, but were disappointed when it gave our toddler excema breakouts.  As soon as we switched sunscreens the excema has stayed away.

We still rely on Aveeno for their everyday lotion and especially the diaper cream, but no more sunscreen for us.

Stay in the sun and still avoid a sunburn!

from Vancouver, BC

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Effective
  • Long lasting

• Infants
    • Long Lasting
    • Sensitive Skin
    • Toddlers

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

As a divorced Dad, I need to work well and collaborate with my daughter's Mom, and this includes being on the same page about the caring and safety of our child. We have been using Aveeno Baby Sunblock for almost four years and I see no reason to try any other product. My daughter likes to help put it on and rub it in; she is proud to wear it so that she can stay in the sun without worrying about Mom or Dad ending her daytime playtime early for the risk/fear of sunburn. Combined with a sun hat, this sunblock helps her avoid fatigue and sunstroke too. I always have a tube in the car and at home (or in my backpack) so that we can apply or re-apply as necessary. From my experience, this lotion seeps and absorbs into the skin quickly and easily, unlike other lotions that are a bit slimy or too thin and runny. This sunblock has the perfect 'viscosity' to do its job shielding, while not requiring us to spend ten minutes massaging it into the skin. Definitely recommended.

worked for me and the kiddos

from Sonora, CA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Effective
    • Gentle

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

I was headed to the pool and didn't have any sunscreen so I stopped by the store and grabbed this. I applied it to myself, my toddler, and my baby. We all are very white (freckles, red hair) and have sensitive skin. It didn't irritate our skin and didn't burn our eyes like other sunscreens. The only problem I had was rubbing it in all the way. I thought I had thoroughly applied it, but when I eventually got in the water, it started to wash off. It was effective though, I didn't get a burn, and I'm one of those people that can burn in 30 minutes of sun.

Great sunscreen for baby!

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

I am a huge fan of the Aveeno baby line and this sunscreen doesn't disappoint. My son has very sensitive skin and problems with eczema and I trust this sunscreen will never irritate his skin. It works amazing and goes on nicely. It isn't greasy and it absorbs well. My son is biracial with a medium skin complexion and with this sunscreen he has never experienced a sun burn in his life. I love this stuff. We have been using it since he was a few months old and still now that he is a toddler. I won't buy anything else for his sensitive skin. I also think the packaging is really well made, and very cute. Everything about this product is great.

It does what it is meant to do! It protects baby and toddlers from the harmful rays of the sun, and from getting a sunburn

It has that light "sunscreen" smell, but nothing over powering or over bearing. I like the smell.

Absorption
        It absorbs extremely well and isn't greasy like some sunscreens. It's awesome for sensitive skin.

• Absorption:

Not good for sensitive skin.

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

I purchased Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55 because I saw it on clearance at Target. I like Aveeno lotions for the most part, and I figured that if they made a sunscreen that it should work similarly to their lotion just with the added bonus of protection from the sun. I was wrong. Now maybe this stuff did not work with me because it was old- hence why it was on clearance, or maybe it just was the formula but either way it was hell on my skin. There was something about this, and I do not know what but it did NOT play nicely with my skin. My skin broke out in a horrible rash, I have never had a reaction as severe to a sunscreen as I did to this one. On the bright side, (I guess) it did make me not get sunburned.

I am really not sure what to rate this because honestly, yeah I did not get sunburned, but at the same time I got a horrible rash on my arms, shoulders, face, and neck.

• Absorption:

Great, though a little pricy.

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

I have two nieces with fair sensitive skin, and struggle to find sunscreen that will keep them from being burned. I picked up a bottle of this on a whim, as I had heard that it worked well for a friend. When I first opened it, I was relieved that it had virtually no scent. Both myself and my nieces are a bit picky about what scents we like and don't like. The product itself was nice and creamy-no nasty greasy feel-and went on well. I found that it is absorbed easily by the skin too. It didn't wash off when they started sweating either. They were outside a bit longer than they should have been and came in a little bit pink on the face and arms. But compared to the beet red they normally tend to get, this was almost a miracle. One thing I was worried about was that the bottle, being a flip top, would come open in my bag. But so far I haven't had any trouble with that. I later passed it along to my sister, and she said that it worked just as well on her.

Aveeno Baby Sunscreen is Perfect

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

It is great to be a Mom these days because of all the new products available specifically for babies. I am a big fan of Aveeno's baby products, so when I was looking for a sunscreen for my little one I tried theirs. I am very happy with the product overall. I am comforted knowing that the product I am putting on my baby's skin was designed specifically with his age in mind, so it is less likely to have harsh chemicals. I like that it is SPF 55, so I can be confident that he is being protected well from the sun and is unlikely to get burned. I also love the price. Aveeno is so reasonable for being designed for babies and being a specialty product.

I've used this sunblock several times this summer, including at the zoo for four hours, out on the frisbee field in the middle of the day, and at the pool. My baby has never gotten the least bit pink. This stuff works.

It smells like sunscreen, so not great, but not bad. Also, the scent is not as strong as conventional sunscreen, which is good.

Absorption
        Like normal sunscreen, you have to rub a bit for it to be absorbed, which can be frustrating on a wiggly baby. But it is worth the trouble to keep my little one from being toasted.

• Absorption:

Well, call me a baby, 'cuz I love this stuff.

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

Along with being glow-in-the-dark pale and having a mild sun allergy (who knew that was even a thing?!), I've also been allergic to almost every sunscreen on the market. For years, I just resigned to wearing long sleeves and a floppy hat, or tried to ignore the itch while my skin quickly roasted in the sunlight. But no more!! I'd had success with very expensive "all-natural" sunscreens in the past, but I couldn't afford to use them on a daily basis. On a whim, I decided to give this a try. I mean, if it works on babies, it's gotta be nice. I had nothing to do that day, so if my face puffed up, no one would have to know. Lo and behold, I have zero adverse reactions to this! The SPF is nice and high, it actually diminishes the symptoms of my sun allergies, and I don't have to choose between bundling up or turning into a lobster when I go to the beach! I'm so happy!!

Except for that one time when my boyfriend missed a spot on my back (I have the weirdest tan line right now), I have had absolutely no sunburns since discovering this product! And I have no puffy face, no itching, no watery eyes, nothing but safe skin.

It smells like sunscreen. Either you like it or you don't.

Absorption
        It feels a little greasy for the first few minutes, but it tends to absorb after a bit.

Best Baby Sunscreen

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

While living in El Paso, TX, I had to constantly put sunscreen on my toddler. He, however, has very sensitive skin, and after using various brands of baby sunscreen,and many rashes later, I've learned that Aveeno is the ONLY sunscreen that my son can tolerate. It's very safe, gentle and easy on his skin. No blemishes, no rashes, and very smooth. I have recommended this to many of my friends and family who also have small children. I use this on myself as well. I have also noticed that many other brands leave your skin feeling slimy or oily, but Aveen is not like that. This sun screen goes on evenly and effectively the FIRST time. While this sun screen can be a bit pricey, it is most definitely worth the money. Also, this is great for swimming as well. Many other brands seem to wash off the water, but this sun screen stays on for hours. I would highly recommend this to anyone with babies and children of all ages.

This sun screen protects yours and baby's skin for hours. And because it is waterproof, it won't run off in the water.

Love this!

from Port Crane, NY

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

I really liked the aveeno baby sunscreen. I had my daughter in March and by the summer I wanted to put sunscreen on her when we went in the pool, or to the park. The doctor recommended not using sunscreen until she was closer to 6 months but that was really hard because of the hot summer. Also, we went on a beach vacation in the summer so we really needed to use sunscreen. I decided the best one to try was Aveeno. A lot of my mom friends use it and it is really great for sensitive skin. Because my daughter was so young I was worried she would have a bad reaction to it. She did not. I loved how easy it was to apply and how great it smelled. It was really great on her skin, didn’t cause any problems with her skin. And the sunscreen protection was great!

Gentle effective sunscreen

Comments about Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55:

Aveeno is the only sunscreen I trust. This baby formula is excellent at providing sun protection. It is gentle and does not cause any irritation on the delicate baby skin. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly. I use it on my face and I can tell you that it doesn't feel heavy or greasy.