3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

Gotta have it!

This is the only sunless tanner product that actually works!  I have used many in the past, but this one makes me tanner without streaks and greasiness.  I use a blow dryer after putting it on and I'm ready to apply my makeup and go!

Neutrogena Micromist tanning spray - not too bad

Neutrogena Mocromist Airbrush Sunless Tan is a pretty good product.  You have to leave plenty of time to do this - you cannot be in a hurry.  I stand in the bathtub when I use it so the whole room doesn't get sprayed.  You do need to use sparingly on knees and toes.  I usually put a very thin layer of baby oil or hand lotion on these areas before starting so I don't have to be as careful.  Maybe you don't HAVE to rub it in, but to be sure of getting all areas of my legs and arms evenly, I do smooth it in to make sure all areas are covered.  You have to let it dry completely for at least 5 minutes before dressing.  They say the mist is light and fine. but it isn't.The smell when it is being applied isn't that great, but goes away as it dries.

I use this product about once a week when I have a lot of time in the evening and want a darker tan by morning.  Be very careful on your feet.  It is best to spray into your hands and wipe on the feet so your toenails and the toenail cuticle  don't get dark.  When I am careless it looks like I have been working in the dirt all day.

Natural looking tan.

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

I have tried many sunless tanning products and this one has to be my favorite. It's the only one I have ever bought more than once. The first time I used it I could barely tell a difference when I woke up the next morning. I was actually relieved because I did not want to turn orange. I applied a second coat and the next morning my fake tan looked natural and awesome. I was very pleased with the results! I mixed a little face cream and a spray of the tanner in my palm to apply to my face. It turned out great!

I have very light skin and blonde hair and it required two applications to get a sun kissed tan.

Ease of Application
It was easy to apply but not easy to see where I had applied it. I needed help with my back but that would be the case with any lotion or spray.

I absolutely loved the smell. I was originally worried about the smell and had every window in the bedroom open. To me the smell was a light fresh clean smell.

Longevity
After I reached the tan I wanted it would last about a week. If I applied one coat when it started to fade then it would last about 2 weeks.

• Longevity:

Nightmare in a spray can

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

A classic case of why NOT to trust a clerk in a superstore Health and Beauty product department and trying to find something new when you have something that works mistake!!!

Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT waste your time or money on this product. I have nothing good to say about it. I ran out of a self-tanner that I was using that worked....went to buy more, it was out of stock, so asked clerk if she recommended any others. She did, she said she had a friend that used this L'Oreal brand once. Long story short, I should have listened to my gut and waited till I could get what I knew worked!!!

My reasons for the low rating:

1. It is very difficult to apply. This is a spray on product. It required an even spray on all surfaces of the leg. If bending and reaching while spraying isn't hard enough, this product also sprays clear! It is very difficult to judge the evenness of the application.
2. It sprays on clear then the color "develops" over a couple of hours. Because of this, apply and go is not only out of the question, but also you don't find out if it is streaked till it is all dried and set.
3. The color is not a natural color (at least not for me). I am fair skinned and the best color for me is a honey tan. This color has a prominent yellow tint to it. Not good for me.
4. Finally the only feature that normally would be a good feature ends up being the worst....it doesn't wash off easily. I tried and tried to scrub it off when i saw my results. Much to my dismay it was set and I had to wear panty hose to hide it for a couple of days.

I don't want to see anyone go through the embarrassment and humiliation that I went through with this product. If you see it on the shelf...walk away!!

Although it is effective in changing the color of my skin, the change is not good. Bad streaking and bad color!

Ease of Application
Not easy at all! You would have to be able to step out of your body so that you could spray your legs evenly. Then, as I mentioned it sprays clear so hard to see what the color will end up looking like before it is too late.

Has a chemical smell to it.

Longevity
Unfortunately for me....it lasted too long. With my scrubbing it, it still remained visible for 2-3 days.

Did not like it

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan is like other aerosol self tanners; stay away from it. It is so hard to apply that it makes it not worth your while. In addition to being hard to apply, this formula also gave me the horrible, dreaded, orange look. The spray was a fine mist like it says on the bottle, but this just made it get all over everything because it floated around in the air. If you want to try this I suggest something on the floor or an open space outdoors. It left noticeable streaks all over my skin. This sunless tanner also took more than a few hours to completely dry. I will say that it does last a long time though. This is unfortunate though because since the results are not as hoped, you want it to disappear.

The scent actually surprised me because it was quite pleasant. I expected something less noticeable, but it was not horrible when you could smell it.

• Longevity:

Weird color, sprayer doesn't work well.

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

If you really want the look of a spray-on tan, get it done professionally. The sprayer on this Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tanner just doesn't work well enough to justify the expense. This is one of the pricier products of its kind.

The sprayer is too heavy. It sprays out way too much at once, and it's very difficult to get it even. You'll do a lot better with a lotion so you can control how much you use. This product is streaky and dries so fast that you don't really have time to try to even it out. Aside from the sprayer, I found the color to be quite orangey and not at all natural.

Ease of Application
I found this product to be very difficult to apply evenly, which is the post important factor with applying a spray on tanning product. The spray isn't fine enough and goes on too streaky.

The scent is fine. I don't remember loving it or hating it.

Longevity
This product does stay with you. However, I washed it off almost immediately after trying it because it just looked terrible.

Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan is OK, could be better

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan is OK but could be better. I have used several self tanners and this one did an ok job, but I doubt if I would buy it again.

I am a bicycle rider. So I get a very uneven tan every year. My legs are very dark but my feet and ankles stay very, very white. It looks fine when I am in my cycling clothes, but it doesn't look very good in a sundress and sandals!

Neutrogena MicroMist Airbush Sunless Tan is applied by spraying it on the skin. I then rub it in to even it out. I have to be careful to apply it evenly. After even application, it does turn my skin a pretty good color. My feet don't match my naturally tanned colored legs exactly, but they are much closer than my stark, white feet without self-tanner.

The tan develops over the next few hours and lasts a few days. As it starts to fade and wear off, I exfoliate to get all the color off and I start again.

I think finding the right self tanner is a trial and error process. Some are streaky and blotchy. Some are a very unnatural color. Some are too dark or too light or just don't match. You probably have to try several products before you find the one that is best for your skin type and tone.

I rate this product an 8. It's ok, but there are others that are much better.

I like it I like it

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

I really love this self tanner!!! I love that you can hold this can upside down & it still sprays easily. It works fast after 1-2 applications you can see your tan. It last a while before fading , you can skip a few days before it fades. It smells the best out of all of them.

It's very effective it last awhile & it's vise able after 2 applications

Ease of Application
I love that you can hold the can up side down & it still sprays evenly.

I like the smell. Most smell like hair spray this has a light smell

Longevity
It holds very well after your base is done you only need to use it like 2-3 a week. Even if your in the water " pool, lake, or even the ocean" it maintaines it's self well

• Longevity:

If you want to be orange this is for you.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

I am already a naturally darker skinned person who tans really well in the sun, but we had an event coming up and it was winter, so my tan had kind of lost its luster and I wanted something quick that could brighten it back up and give me that nice glow that I had been looking for without having to go to the tanning bed. I bought this product and read all the directions before I put it on, make sure that you wear gloves when you are applying this or you are going to have dyed hands too. I sprayed this over my entire body and had it applied evenly and was very happy with how it looked, I was surprised at how good it came out. After it dried for ten or so minutes I went into the bathroom and turned on the light to check it out. To my horror, I was orange. A horrible nasty looking orange color that made me want to run away and hide! I also found many areas that turned very blochey and were nowhere near even like they had been before. This might work better on lighter skin tones but if you are already somewhat dark skinned you definitely do not want to go this way unless you want to turn orange!

Amazing tan results

from SalemNY

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

No matter the time of the year, I am trying to boost my tan without using tanning beds or baking in the sun. The Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan is one of many self tanners I tried and I was very pleased with it. My steps while using thisself tanner was to moisturize and get rid of dry patches or scaly skin while showering. Then after completely dry, I would spray one layer of this on all my skin. It dries very quickly and does not leave orange discoloration or patchy streaks. I prefer the spray versus the creams, lotions and self tanner foams. It went on more even colored than I had thought, showed as a subtle tint after an hour or so and lasted many days. I used it a few days in a row to get a deeper tan. I will purchase this in the future and have and will recommended it to others.

Shows subtle glow soon after using.

Ease of Application
Very simple to spray and let dry.

Not terrible, but not amazing. Definitely a better smelling self tanner.

Longevity
Lasts quite a while on my skin.

Easy to Apply but Turns You Orange

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

I love Neutrogena and have used their products for years so when I saw that they had released a MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan I had to give it a try.

After previous experiences with micromist applicators I applied this outside. The mis seems to go everywhere when you spray it and I'd rather have it go everywhere outside than in my bathroom. If you do choose to apply this inside then I definitely recommend standing inside your shower stall to contain the mist and make cleanup easier.

This was relatively easy to apply to my legs and arms. It dried quickly and was streak free when the color appeared. Unfortunately, that color was orange. We're talking the usual Oompa Loompa orange color here. Needless to say that was not what I was looking for.

The color does stay. That's for sure. After about a week of daily exfoliating I finally had most of my normal color back and was no longer wearing long sleeves and long pants in the heat of the summer.

Overall, while this was easy to apply and did not streak it turned me an unfortunate color. The chemical scent didn't do much for it either. As much as I hate to say it about a Neutrogena product I really cannot recommend this.

Average self-tanning product

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan:

I give Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan and average rating. Overall, I am not a big fan of self-tanning lotions. I do not like the smell of them, I think the color they give is very fake looking, and I think they are not convenient to put on and clean up. The one way I do like this Neutrogena product is that it is slightly easier to apply. Because it is spray, you do not have to get it on your hands and worry about getting it washed off well. However, it is a little trickier to spray it on evenly so that you do not have streaks, and there is still the issue near the hands of where to stop spraying so that you do not have a weird cut-off line. The smell is not pleasant to me, and the color it provides is average. It doesn't really look very authentic. It lasts only a few days before reapplication is needed. These products tend to be pricey, and to me it is not worth the money spent for just an average product. I will not use or buy this Neutrogena product again.