View more sunscreen

Other Sunscreens:
Neutrogena
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

And remember; I mean it about the sunscreen

You know how it seems like so many of the skin care products state 'recommended by dermatologists' right on the front of the bottle or tube?

Well, Neutrogena Sunscreen...Read complete review

Well, Neutrogena Sunscreen actually is recommended by a dermatologist. I work for a dermatologist and we give this skincare product out to our patients. We also use this sunscreen on ourselves. I make all of my family and also my friends wear suncreen. I often give them samples by Neutrogena because Neutrogena is a trusted name in skin care. Sunscreen really is so much more important than most people realize. Skin Cancer is not fun! It's not only detrimental to your health but it's ugly on your skin and expensive to remove.And yes, that's with your health insurance. Why would you put yourself, your friends, or your family through the hazzle and/or worry of skin cancer?

Neutrogena sunscreen can be worn daily underneath your make-up foundation to protect the skin on your face. This will help protect your face form the damaging sun rays that cause pre-mature aging. I hear a lot of different people stating that they don't want to wear sunscreen because they want to have a tan. Guess, what? You can still wear SPF 30 sunscreen and still get a tan. The key is for the product to have broad spectrum protection. This is protection against the UVA and UVB rays that sink into your skin causing cellular damage and early aging.

Still not convinced? How about the simple act of sun burn prevention? Sun burns can be so painful. Remember how it used to hurt to sleep or wear certain clothes? How about taking a bath or a shower? Those are the worst! Neutrogena sunscreen gives better protection against sunburn than any other sunscreen I can think of.  It seems to last longer without reapplication than others I've tried. Give it a try too; you won't be disappointed.

I looked like a pizza face

This had a pretty high SPF, however, laying out with my sister trying to take care of my skin....I was shocked within a couple hours I had broken out with over a dozen pimples.  They stung too.  I had never had this reaction with any other sunscreen before.  This was specifically for the face too.  It also said gentle, for sensitive skin.  Hmmm....who woulda thunk it?

I looked like a pizza face

from Ceres, CA

Neutrogena Oil Free Sunscreen is a good protector

from East Brunswick, NJ

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45:

Neutrogena Oil Free Sunscreen is a product that you should always keep handy. It may not smell the best, but it will do the job of protecting you from the sun. Neutrogena has an affordable line of products. The range in SPF protection and skin type is incredible. If you choose a SPF 30 you will be well protected whatever your skin type. It works for children too.

When looking for sunscreen, I always look for one that isn’t too oily and that smells good. Neutrogena Oil Free Suncreen has a decent smell, isn’t oily and also has a good price. These 3 qualities make it my absolute favorite.

You can get the regular cream sunscreen or a spray bottle, giving you choice. The main thought is that you should protect yourself by covering yourself all over, so you can choose which option works best for you to get you covered.

Neutrogena is surely a brand to be trusted to protect you from the summer sun!

Neutrogena Sunscreen is expensive but doesnt block pores.

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45:

I first tried Neutrogena sunscreen when my dermatologist recommended it.  I spend a lot of time in the sun in the summer and my dermatologist said that regular sunscreens can block pores.  This sunscreen doesn't and is good for people who have trouble with breakouts.

I like this sunscreen because I don't have to worry about putting something on my face.  It is just really nice not having to worry about getting breakouts from something I am using to avoid getting sunburn.

One con to this sunscreen is that it is expensive.  It costs more than a regular bottle of suncreen and you get half the amount.  So I just use it on my face and use regular sunscreen for the rest of me.  But Neutrogena is nice because it feels light on my face and it soaks in fast.  It is better than regular sunscreen in that way.  I hate feeling like I smeared oil all over my body and Neutrogena does not feel like that.

Neutrogena was reccommended by my dermatologist, excellent!

from Weymouth, MA

Pros

Cons

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45:

I asked my dermatologist if she could recommend a sunscreen to wear every day to protect my skin against UVA and UVB rays, basically an all in one sunscreen for day to day life. The doctor told me Neutrogena was a light, non-greasy sunscreen that many of her patients use and love. I got a few samples to try before buying the full size product.

The Sun Protection Factor (SPF) I got was a 55. I started to use it on my shoulders, chest, and face. It was a light weight sunscreen and was easily spread over my my skin, meaning I would not need to worry about the sunscreen leaving white streaks all over my body!

The scent was subtle, not overbearing as some sunscreens can be.

After a few days of using Neutrogena sunscreen I bought the full sized product. It wasn't terribly expensive but well worth the price. Any sunscreen is worth the money to protect your skin from the sun's harmful every day rays, but the Neutrogena sunscreen was an easy addition to my everyday beauty routine.

SPF 100+ Perfect for sun sensitive skin!

from Lawrence, MA

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45:

My son who is 6 years old suffers from Solar Urticaria (an allergic reaction to the suns UVB/UVA rays) We have tried several high SPF sunblocks to help with his condition. We found that the Neutrogena SPF 100+ has worked really good for him. This sunblock helps prevent the UVB/UVA rays from reaching his skin and causing breakouts. He is able to go outside for long period of times and not have a huge reaction to the sun. The first time I tried the sunblock I wasn't sure if it would work because we tried everything you could imagine. But the results have been very good. His dermatologist doctor was surprised that I had found such a high SPF coverage. At the time she was unaware of it...till I pulled it out of my bag. I would strongly recommend this sunblock to anyone who is very fair skinned or have very sensitive skin to the sun. This sunblock has been proven to help my child who is allergic to uvb/uva rays live a better life. The coverage last all day on my son who runs around and gets sweaty...we never ran into a problem where we have had to reapply it. #1 pick of sunscreen care product for everyone in our house!

Neutogena Sunscreen is an oil-free protection that sticks around

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45:

Neutrogena Sunscreen is a fine product.  Reasonably priced, this sunblock has all the features that interest me; oil-free, water/sweat resistant, PABA free and protection from both UVA and UVB rays!  It goes on thin and the smell is nice and gentle on your nose.  I like the lotion form because it is easy to make sure that you have covered the appropriate areas.  Like most suncreens, I do recommend reapplying every two hours.

Neutrogena worked great on vaca in Miami!

from Yakima, WA

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45:

I've spent a lot more on sunscreen at the beauty counters but this one actually works better. It gives my face a nice glow making makeup optional. The suncreen is very effective, too. Spending all day poolside or on South Beach is hard on any sunscreen - did I mention I'm blond and very fair skinned? It completely kept me from burning, unlike a lot of the pricier ones I've used. It didn't make my skin break out, and that's always a plus. It does smell a bit unusual - kind of chemical, medicinal smell but it work so well and the smell goes away pretty quickly after application.

It makes your skin look great!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45:

Neutrogena Sunscreen  is great!  It really helped make my face have a glow and protected me from the sun.  This sunscreen seems to help my skin feel moisturized and protected.  I also use sunscreen as a anti aging product which seems to work wonderfully for me.  It feels great and smooths onto my skin very nicely.  It is a liitle more expensive than some other sunscreens but it is totally worth it!  I not only use it on my face but all over my body particularly my face.  My face was geeting very dry and did not seem to have enough moisture but after using this sunscreen my problems went away.  i am feeling and looking beautiful.  i am beginning to get compliments on my skin and that's a great feeling!

For sun protection without residue try Neutrogena sunscreen.

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45:

I have three daughters with very dry skin, one of which suffers from Eczema.  My daughters are bi-racial and though they tan easily I still use sunscreen to protect their skin from harmful rays of the sun.  I tried several other brands of sunscreen over the years to protect my daughters skin from the harmful rays of the sun. I had tried water proof and ones formulated specifically for children and I found that either they left a residue or that they caused my daughter to itch.  About 4 years ago I finally came across the Neutrogena sunscreen and figured I would give it a try.  It was a little more pricey but I had tried other Neutrogena products for myself so I purchased it.  It was not slimy or too thick, it was fragrance free so I thought it may not irritate my daughters skin.  Sure enough it didn't cause her to itch or cause a flare up of her Eczema.  Her skin felt soft, and I didn't have to reapply after water exposure.  Our entire family now uses the Neutrogena brand exclusively for its sun protection in the water and out.

Neutrogena sunscreen is the best ever!!

from Miami, FL

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45:

i love this sunscreen. Whenever im going out, i use the neutrogena sunscreen. It helps protect my skin without being too oily on my skin. this is the first suncreen i used within years that do not cause me to break out any. I have used it for years now with great success. My skin is more even, and i no longer have sun spots.