Other Body Lotions:

Neutrogena Body Oil

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

This makes my skin feel like silk!

I was a little hesitant to try the Neutrogena Body Oil because I was afraid it would be too greasy. But it's not. I transferred some of the oil into a spray bottle. Sprayed a few squirts on the dry areas, and rubbed in with my regular lotion. Wow. My legs that were once so dry, that I always itched, haven't bothered me in weeks.

Neutrogena Body Oil also has a wonderful, light sesame scent. Very, very pretty.

Definately worth the money!

did not work for me

I was not happy with the results I got from this oil, it actually BROKE me out really bad! At first use, I was excited because it felt and smelled wonderful on my skin, but never seemed to fully absorb and left me greasy feeling. I have had success using oils in the past, but this also gave me small cystic bumps on my arms and upper thighs, which other body oils did not. I think I'll be sticking to more natural oil options, like Grape seed and coconut, after this, although they don't smell as great, I've had better results

Props for the scent, like all of Neutrogena's products, I did love the scent, but that was not all I was after. It has a very light and fresh smell to it.

Absorption
Did not absorb well for meat all, felt like I greased my sheets and pillows up and had to wash them the next day, yuck!

was only effective in breaking me out and leaving me feeling like a big old grease ball, but I did smell really good!

Love this product!

from Fort Wright, ky

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Gentle
  • Great Smell

Cons

• Daily Use

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

Great moisturizer and doesn't leave spots on clothes. Great soft smell, good for the whole family!

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

Wonderfully Silky skin!

from Nephi, UT

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

I love this oil. When I leave the shower, i smooth a small amount over my moist skin and my skin is so soft. I then wait a minute or two before dressing, and the softness lasts until my next shower. This is an amazing product. It isn't the cheapest oil on the shelves, but its moisturizing ability makes it a very reasonable price per use.

• Absorption:

Minor drawbacks, but overall a good moisturizer

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

I was given Neutrogena Light Sesame Formula Body Oil in gift basket and decided to give it a try. I gave this oil a try because my skin can become very dry during the winter. My first impression of this oil is that it feels a bit greasy, but not too heavy when applied. A couple drops of this oil goes a long way, but the bottle design makes me waste twice the amount. This oil applies effortlessly and absorbs very quickly into my skin. My skin feels very smooth and soft after using this oil. My skin remains hydrated the entire day until I take a shower. The first time I used this oil I did have a minor breakout on my back, but I continued to use it. It took my back about a week to get used to this oil and I no longer breakout. The only downside to this oil is that I get a few clogged pores on my legs from time to time. I would definitely recommend Neutrogena Light Sesame Formula Body Oil for hydrating dry skin.

Very fine body oil!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

I think that Neutrogena Body Oil is a wonderful product! I have always thought that Neutrogena has many bath and beauty products. This is such a nice body oil and doesn't get too oily like some body oils do. It is so easy to rub into the skin and really does help extremely dry skin. My skin gets extremely dry especially in the cold winter weather. it does have a nice light fragrance which is pleasant and never too strong or overpowering.

It has a very nice and light scent. I do like the good fragrance.

Absorption
    It absorbs into the skin very well. My skin always tends to get quite dry and flaky especially during the times of our cold weather. Our winters can get very cold and dry at times. My skin really feels a lot better after using this amazing body oil.

It is quite effective at soothing the skin and making it feel much softer and smooth. I would recommend this product to everyone. I don't use a body oil everyday,but a few times a week works well for me.

good moisturizer

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

Neutrogena body oil works like a charm. I use it after showers when I'm still a bit wet for the lotion to lock in moisture. I was skeptical about it being oily since most oils when you use it leaves your skin feeling greasy ( a yucky skin sensation I hate to have) and icky, but this is like the opposite of it. The oil absorbs moisturizer really quick, softens skin, moisturizes really well, isn't greasy, and the good thing about it is it last really long which isn't like other oils out there. After each use my skin doesn't dry out or get these ashy marks on them. Lotions don't last long or as well as this product, it just moisturizes you for a few minutes then it goes back to dry skin. Overall it's a great product to use as moisturizer during showers and a great thing to use for people with dry skin especially during the summer and winter when your skin starts acting up; the scent is bearable.

Potent

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

This product really surprised me. It was surprisingly effective, and really hydrated and softened my dry skin, and protected me from the winter's dry, harsh weather. A little of this product goes a long way, and it delivered amazing results. My skin felt so much softer and it looked and felt healthier. I recommend this product to people with normal to extremely dry skin. It does an amazing job keeping skin healthy and hydrated.

The fragrance in this product didn't irritate my skin at all.

Absorption
    A little bit of this product goes a long way. I used about a quarter sized amount for both my legs. It takes a little while to rub this product in, but once your skin absorbs this product, your skin will feel instantly hydrated.

This body oil was very effective. It restored my dry, chalky legs, making them look and feel much healthier and radiant. I used this like it was a daily lotion, and it kept my skin healthy and in tip top shape.

• Absorption:

Neutrogena Body Oil is really great!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

Neutrogena is a well known and trusted brand. I have been using their products for years. I sometimes liked to use baby oil to give my skin some extra moisturizing. When Neutrogena came out with body oil I thought I would give it a try and compare. Although this oil is more expensive than some body oils, it is also better in quality. It definitely beats baby oil. If you are looking for a great body oil, I would give this one a try.

This has a light scent. It smells really fresh and clean. My skin stays lightly scented throughout the day. It does not compete with or overpower other perfumes or scents I may be wearing.

Absorption
    This Neutrogena Body Oil absorbs very deeply into the skin. A little goes a long way.

This works great on dry skin. It makes my skin feel and look soft, silky, and smooth. This hydrates and absorbs so deeply that it does a great job of making my skin look plump and young. It works awesome to keep skin moisturized and clear up any dry patches I have. I like to use it after a hot shower but it is also great for feet, elbows, cuticles, etc.

Great body oil

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

I love to use this product when my skin is really dry. I don't use it all of the time, but it is my go to product when my skin is in stress. I do use this after I shave my legs and it has helped with irritation from razor burn. I would always get razor burn and red bumps after shaving until I started using this. It really helps avoid any razor burn irritation. I like to use this right after I get out of the shower as I feel it really absorbs well when my pores are open.
    I was worried that this would cause my skin to be too oily since it is not a typical lotion, but more of an oil. It was not oily at all, and my skin actually looked radiant and healthy.
    I love the way my skin feels after I use this and I would highly recommend giving this a try, its not oily or greasy, but adds the perfect amount of moisture to the skin.

Absorption
    This oil really absorbs very quickly into the skin. It does not leave a residue behind.

Luxury in the Shower

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

I have really come to trust the Neutrogena products and the Body Oil stands up to this wonderful reputation. I do recommend placing it in a part of the shower that will avoid water getting into the lid and settling on top of the oil in the container.

I really love the light scent that remains on the body for just a short while, giving a pleasant, calming effect, without making smell this way the whole day. Even my husband will use it because the scent is so light.

Absorption
    I use it in the shower before I dry off and I find that it absorbs quickly, taking the moisture from the shower into the skin ... or so it feels that way. Now when I do not use it my skin feels dry and tight once I have toweled off and am getting dressed. I even have the travel size to make sure I have it with me when I travel.

I really love the dew-like feeling it gives my skin without feeling oily. This moisture is perfect by itself, or even it I choose to put a scented lotion on top of it.

Totally worth the price!

Comments about Neutrogena Body Oil:

Like other posters, I came across this by accident. It had been sitting in a cabinet in my family's bathroom, and when I was searching for my body lotion, I decided to give this a try.

I recommend towel drying your skin before applying this oil. You only have to use a little amount (maybe a quarter size or less per leg), and just rub it on like you would a normal body lotion. It takes a little longer to sink in, but after it has, my skin is super moisturized and glowing. Even better, my skin gets so moisturized that after my next shower (in the summer, anyways), I generally don't have to reapply. However, during winter, I use it every night.

Just a heads up- our bathroom floor is linoleum, and even if a few drops spill, the floor can get pretty slick. Apply over a bath mat and wipe up any spills.

Light and refreshing. Doesn't linger for too long.

Absorption
    It takes about 10 minutes or so to soak in, which is kind of a pain, but it's worth it.