Other Blushes:
Nars Blush - Orgasm

Nars Blush - Orgasm

Pros

Cons

A splurge well worth the money!

Nars Orgasm Blush is an amazing flush of color.  It is a little pink a little coral.  I just love the color. I debated this blush for months before purchasing it because of the cost.  It is one of the most expensive things in my makeup collection.  I saw so many great reviews of this product that I just wanted to try it for myself.  And the name, it’s fun and a bit scandalous.  So the color looks amazing on me, seriously.  I had friends and family say I was just glowing.  There is a bit of shimmer in this product.  I don’t use it every day, but I did for a while and it doesn’t look like I’ve used any at all from the pan.  Now this is my go to blush for holidays or other special times, including dates.  I have had this blush for over a year and I still love it.  It is so finely milled and blends so well, with the right brush giving you a natural finish.  I am so happy that I splurged on this product.  I see it lasting me for a really long time.  It's a splurge I have never regretted and always enjoy!

Gorgeous product but must have the coloring for it

The product: A cult classic for a reason, NARS blushes are vey finely milled and so well pigmented that your one compact will last you yearsI A little goes a long way.Read complete review

Pros: Beautiful color with a fine golden sheen. Very finely milled like all NARS blushes and quite pigmented on paler skins. A sort of sun-kissed coral.  Creates a flushing from within 'glow' on fairer gals. Name is a little embrassing to ask for in public.

Cons: NOT for darker skinned beauties. NARS Torrid is a much better choice. Same coral gold  combination but a bit deeper so it is the color of a natural flush.

Overall: Beautiful blush for the right skintone. NARS Orgasm barely showed on me. I am a MAC NC43 for referemce. I had to pile Orgasm on and it became a muddy mess. However when I gave it to a paler pal of mine, it looked amazing. I think that despite the high price tag, this is worth it because it is a quality product that lasts a LONG time because of the intense pigmentation. NARS Orgasm didn't work for me but I own several other NARS blushes including Torrid, Lovejoy, and Taj Mahal and I love them all.

It is just okay

from West Lafayette, IN

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

I bought this product for all the rave reviews and was very excited about it when I finally received it. However, it did not take to my skin tone the way I wanted it to. I do love the color, consistency, and ease of use but it was just not meant for my skin. I felt like I had to use a TON of product for it to even be noticeable on my cheeks. I often would leave the house thinking it looked good but then I would look in the mirror later on in the day and you couldn't even tell I had blush on. I feel like this blush disappears onto my skin. I would say I have a medium skin tone, not dark and not light. I have been using this blush over a deeper rose colored blush I use just to give it some shimmer, but I cannot use it by itself. I would say this is a fantastic product that blends very nicely but not for someone who has a medium brown skin tone. It is also quite pricey so it is unfortunate that it did not look good on me.

Amazing

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

I've been using NARS for years. When Laguna first came out, I received it as a trial size. I tried it as a bronzer and I didn't like how it make my face look dark and dirty. I have light/medium color skin and it made me look like I had a bad tan. I experimented a little and realized that I could use Laguna for contouring and it works wonderfully. I use Laguna to define my cheekbones, forehead and jawline and I use Orgasm for my cheeks. Be sure to blend it in well so it doesn't look like dirt streaks on your face. Love the two together and I love this easy to transport packing for both.

My favorite all time blush!!!

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

This blush is amazing. I admit I tried it after it made the "best of" list in a major magazine. I was skeptical at first because of the price tag and also because it was hard for me to find living in a small town an hour drive away from the nearest mall. But, I loved it. It was worth the hunt in looking for it and also the price tag! The color (orgasm) is fantastic and really does compliment so many skin tones. It blends in nicely and does not look harsh. It makes me appear to have a healthy glow on my cheeks. I think it gives just the right amount of color. I do not like to look overly made up and this blush is perfect for that. It does not cake or flake off, it does not look painted on. It really does give such beautiful and healthy looking color to my face. Also, it does last a long time. Upon opening the blush, I thought that I would go through it very fast. There does not appear to be a lot of blush in the compact, but looks can be deceiving. I found this blush lasted a long time. I have been purchasing this blush for several years now. It is my all time favorite!

The perfect everyday blush!

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

This is my everyday blush, and I'm loving it! Although it is a bit pricey the blush is well worth it and makes your skin feel so soft and luxurious. It blends like a dream and doesn't cling on to dry patches on your skin like other blushes might. Would definitely repurchase and recommend.

not worth the price

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

Soooo not worth the price it is way too expensive the color payoff is okay but the glitter is to large and sticks in my pores making them look bigger than they already are. I love nars but I don't understand the obsession with this product. I like the all over stick way better....and I really like the name

You can never go wrong with this blush!

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

I am a makeup fanatic and I have tons of it from different brands, I have several blushes from Mac and others but this blush from nars is amazing! I use it almost everyday either for day or night! It is so versatile. It last long and just totally brightens up your face! I love it and always will. Definitely a must buy.

Too Sheer for me

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

I got this because of all of the rave reviews but was really disappointed by how sheer it was on my skin. I have a medium olive skin tone and there was more shimmer than pigment on my skin when applied. Overall, I do recommend this product to those who are either fair skinned or don't mind shimmery blushes.

Put this in your Spring/Summer event kit.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

This is one of my favorite blushes, but I only trot it out for special occasions - not because it's more expensive (even though it is) but because it works best if you're wearing the full face paint. It clings perfectly to foundation and pops beautifully from underneath a dusting of finishing powder. On a minimally made up face it's a bit much though. The color is a peachy gold pink that is said to be universally flattering. I don't know about universally, but I can tell you it looks good on fair freckled skin. It's also got some glitter in it - not disco level glitter, but if you try to wear it alone you'll notice it. If you tone it down a bit with a finishing powder it just glows.

Catchy Name to a Great Product!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

My love-affair with Nars makeup goes way back. From even before I started modeling, I worked briefly in a store that sold very expensive, non-American, hard to find makeup and beauty products. One of the makeup lines they sold was Nars. At this time, Nars wasn't as well known as it is today, but a select few (the elite) still came regularly to our store to buy Nars makeup. Today, Nars has become very widely known and is sold in all luxury stores (almost). The funny thing is, Francois Nars (the creator) is a Frenchman, however, Nars is so much more known in the US than in France. Don't ask me why, because I don't know and this review is not about that. I just thought it was funny.

Getting back to my story, I started testing out a lot of the Nars makeup on myself when there were no clients in the store (actually, we spent almost all day doing that there, it was really fun), and it soon became my favorite brand. It would have been too expensive for me, but we got a pretty good store discount, and then I think I even took a tester or two, but don't tell anyone (I had to practice using the makeup at home). Anyhow, I was shopping around for a great blush one day, a few months after I had quit, and I remembered that right before I had quit, Nars had come out with this great blush, that we never got to see because it was always sold out and they weren't producing them fast enough. The name of this blush was ORGASM.

Orgasm... what an interesting name for a blush. I think it's the name that sold this color actually. I mean, wouldn't you buy a blush, excluding the color, with this name on it? Maybe it was that I didn't have a boyfriend at the time, or maybe the color was exactly what I was looking for. Let's just let the past rest. My love-affair with Nars Blush -- Orgasm has now lasted over six years. I've never had such a long relationship in my life; maybe it's the good sex?

The color and what it looks like on:

My blush is called Orgasm, and it is the most popular of the powdered blushes from Nars' collection. It is a mix of pink, peach and gold. So depending on what your skin color is, it looks mighty different. If it's winter time, and I am pale as a ghost, it roses up my cheeks with quite a pick hue and gives them a gold shimmer, but if I am tanned (I really don't get that tanned though), it gives a peachier color with a gold shimmer. However, the pigmentation isn't that strong so if you are dark skinned, I'm afraid you will only get the gold shimmer

Beautiful color; amazingly flattering!

from Las Cruces, NM

Comments about Nars Blush - Orgasm:

I originally read about this Blush in Allure magazine. I was intrigued by the shade name, and very curious about whether it lived up to it's claim of looking like you've just had one.Honestly, it took years for me to even be able to try this product, as it's not sold in my area. But as soon as I got the chance, I took it. And the claim is true. This blush is one of the few of hundreds that I've tried over the years that blendnicely and are actually flattering. And by flattering I mean it looks so wonderfully natural that people ask me what made me blush, or if it's chilly outside. **That **is how I like to look. Not like some painted china doll. A word of advice from a pale girl: Try this blush. It's sheer and gorgeous. It's even a great eyeshadow, honestly. And the word from my not so pale sister is that this shade works on her just as beautifully.