Other Blushes:
Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain

Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain

Pros

Cons

BeneFit's Benetint adds the perfect shade of lip/cheek blushing

Benefit Benetint is one of my all time favorite beauty products. I use it to add a little color to my lips and cheeks. It's the most simple way to add a pretty, natural blush to your skin. The Benetint bottle looks strange as a lip/cheek blush applicator because it appears to be nail polish. The liquid is very light and thin but let me tell you... a little goes a LONG, long way. Benefit's Benetint is pricey but worth every penny because one bottle lasts forever!

Overpriced for a difficult to blend blusher

Product: Marketed as a more 'natural' looking alternative to powder blushes. A gel like stain that is rubbed in with the fingers to produce a natural looking, long lasting flush on the...Read complete review

Product: Marketed as a more 'natural' looking alternative to powder blushes. A gel like stain that is rubbed in with the fingers to produce a natural looking, long lasting flush on the cheeks.

Pros: Smells amazing, like roses. Nice Consistency on the fingers. Feels like it will spread easily.

Cons: Very expensive. if not applied carefully it will leave you with garish, obvious streaks. The liquid dries VERY quickly on the skin giving you little time to apply and blend. The color is garishly bright almost a magenata shade even on my darker skin (MAC NC 43 for reference). It is very easy to overdo the application. Flimsy packaging because of the nailpolish type cap with the little brush attached. The little brush applicator is not very helpful at applying product. A sponge tip would be better since you only need 3 dots on the cheekbones and then blend.

Overall: Not worth the price tag because of its difficulty to work with, and lack of a universally flattering tone. This product can allegedly also be used as a lipstain, but I found it to be very drying. If you want a lipstain use the benetint lipgloss instead,

Great for a natural blush

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

I first tried this product in one of Benefit's holiday gift sets. I don't wear too much makeup, so I wanted a natural blush that worked for all occasions. I can wear it to school, to work, or even when I go out with friends to dinner or for drinks. It's easy to apply and to build your coverage- I haven't had an experience of accidentally applying too much product as blush.

To apply, I dip the brush into the blush and apply a small, thin streak across my cheek. I then sort of pat/rub it in. The blush dries pretty quickly so I'd suggest applying the blush to one cheek and patting it in, before applying it to your other cheek.

I have read some reviews online where people have said that they love to use this as a lip stain. I haven't had any luck using Benetint like that. The color doesn't really change my lip color at all, and I find that when I use it as a lip stain, my normally dry lips become even more dried out.

Overall, I think it's a fantastic product to use for blush, but for a lip tint, I'm still looking for a product that works for me. Plus, with the size of the bottle and how little I use for each application, I feel like it's a really good value.

Love this color!

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

Don't let the ultra bright pink color in this tube scare you off. This lip and cheek stain leaves a lovely rosy color behind that lasts for hours. I received a sample of this product in one of my birchboxes and love it. It's a great go to for some lip color if you don't like feeling like you have product on your lips.

Big Surprises Come in Little Packages

from TN

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

I was a little skeptical at first about using this cheek/lip stain by Benefit because I didn't think it was going to work very good. Boy was I wrong, this stain may come in a little bottle but don't be fooled because the color is very vivid. When I wear this I apply about two swipes on each cheek and blend it in well with a makeup wedge and the amount of color I get is absolutely perfect.

Extremely worth the price and a wonderful product in general!

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

I LOVE LOVE LOVED this product. It works really well. You dip the brush into the container, wipe the excess liquid off on the sides, and then stroke your desired cheek or lip area with the brush. Then you rub with your finger. This doesn't wear off and has a nice natural look to it. It gives you that sexy, natural, and cute look that most people are looking for. It'll also make you look healthier.

The perfect dual action product

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

I love Benetint, and have loved it ever since I was in elementary school. It's so easy to use and so natural giving the perfect tint to the cheeks and lips. It's hard to go wrong with this product and it's my go to for days when I want a subtle, natural flush.

There are better lip stains out there

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

You know, I wanted to love this lip stain but I bought this one because my preferred stain was not sold in that store. So I got this one instead, thinking that because it was more expensive, it would be more effective. I find that it wears off very quickly (even after just a few minutes I have to re-apply!), which goes against the whole point of a lipstain in the first place. I would not purchase again.

A rosy glow to brighten any complexion and a pretty lip stain.

from Gainesville, GA

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

I'm am in love with Benetint! I'm incredibly fair skinned and I've shied away from blush for years because I've never found anything that blends well and looks natural on my skin. But Benetint gives me a subtle glow and it's a great lip stain. The jar seems small but a little goes a very long way so I'm not worried about running out for a long time. It also doesn't clog my pores like a lot of makeup.

This is great for both lips and cheeks.blend quick on cheek

from Toms River, NJ

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

I really like this product as you really can use on cheeks and lips. You need to blend quickly on cheeks so it does not go on unevenly. product will stain you fingers also, so apply with something else to keep fingers stain free. Blends in and looks great.

A Beauty Must

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

I love Benetint, it's a red liquid stain that can be used as a cheek and lip stain. It comes in a glass bottle with a nail-polish like applicator. I use it primarily on my lips and it acts as if my lips are slightly chapped, but in a good way :) Wear it with a little or a lot of makeup, you can top it with gloss once it dries also. I personally don't use this color on my cheeks, I have fair skin and it tends to be too obvious, no matter how well I blend. It smells good too, I will buy forever! A Benefit classic!

benetint by benefit is ok but not too great

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain:

i had always been fascinated by benefits benetint lip and cheek stain. I was fascinated by the container and by the actual product, it just looked so cool, and ofcourse an item that doubles as two things, you just can not go wrong. BUt i think i was more fascinated by the idea of it, than the actual item, that i was dissapointed when i finally tried it, and did not see what the big deal with these stains are. I purchased benefits benetint and applied it right away, The first thing i did not like about these stains, is that it was hard to apply. It did not apply evenly. I also use to apply it all over my lips, and i felt like that was too strong of an application. Ok i looked liek a clown! I learned that the trick is to smudge a little on the middle of your lips to give your lips a flush of color! that was better, but i was still not impressed. I liked this better as a blush, but still am not that impressed, also hard to apply as a blush.