Other Baby Bottles:

NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles

Pros

Cons

• Keeps Air Out:

The best bottle I have found, the one we will stick with.

As a first-time parent, I went through several different brands of bottles when it came time for my daughter to go to a medium-flow nipple.  The ones we were using were just too slow and/or kept clogging up.  I had a coupon for the Gerber Nuk bottle and decided to try one...and went back and got another the next day!  The flow was just right for my daughter (who was about 4 1/2 months at the time) and she got very little gas/air bubbles from the bottle.  Before, it would take a half-hour or more for her to finish a bottle but now she's done in about 10 minutes. The only negative things I can think of are that the nipple can be a little hard to clean with a non-flexible nipple brush, and it will leak if it's tipped over because of the air vent.

Nuk bottles are not for my baby unfortunately.

After being tired of washing all the little parts of Dr. Brown bottles and frustrated with leaky Ventaire bottles, Nuk made its way to our home for our 4 month old baby.  We were excited to have a simple bottle- nipple, nipple ring and bottle.  Our baby uses Nuk pacifiers so we figured it would be a great match, plus these bottles were cute in design and color and very affordable and easy to clean.  The baby's first feeding from this bottle went very slow and I figured it was due to her being really tired and getting the hang of a new nipple.  The next feeding though, *45 minutes *had passed and the baby had only had *an ounce and a half* (normally it takes 10 minutes or so for her to drink 4 oz)  I tipped the bottle to see how fast the flow was (medium flow) and thought this was a very good flow.  I finally figured out that either the baby was sucking too hard or the vent did not work properly because every few minutes, the nipple would be pinched flat in the baby's mouth and it would have to be taken out of her mouth and the milk would bubble as the nipple returned to its normal shape.  Then after a whole day of that, the baby was extremely fussy and crying and we figured she had gas build up and we gave her mylicon- something I rarely have to do using dr. brown bottles.  All in all, it's too bad these bottles didn't work for our baby, especially seeing how well they are reviewed in general.  I suppose the main reason it didn't work for our baby is because she's been exclusively bottle fed from day one and this nipple was just so different than she is accustomed to when feeding.  I would only recommend these if the baby is used to breastfeeding and/or you use these bottles from the get go.

Nuk bottles are a quality product the only bottles we used.

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

We really liked the nuk bottles. Our daughter would not use any other bottles after using the nuk orthodontic bottle . We chose nuk bottles for three reasons. Two of the reasons were based on the shape of the nipple. We liked the idea of the nipple helping from an orthodontic aspect. I liked the idea of the shape of the nipple helping for nursing moms. I believe it helped my daughter with the adjustment from switching. I felt a lot comfortable using a bpa free bottle also. I would of used glass bottles if it wasn't for the bpa free plastic bottle. They always have great designs for there products. I love seeing what new items they come out with. I always look to nuk for all my babies feeding needs. I will always recommend nuk orthodontic bottles and any other products they have.

Leak Prevention
If my daughter would grab the side of the nipple it would collapse in sometimes and begin to leak.

• Keeps Air Out:

Like these bottles a lot.

from Florida

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

I was suggested these by a friend who has three kids. I tried them with my newborn once or twice after buying them, and they are really good bottles. But they are a little big for her or how much she is eating right now. But I know as she gets bigger and starts eating more we will be using these bottles a lot more.

The NUK brand has become more and more popular in recent years and I use the pacifiers with my daughter so I figured the bottles would be the same quality as the pacifiers. They are. They are really good.

Not only are they good for baby, they are BPA free, and orthodontic, which is a must if you are planning to bottle feed. Which unfortunately I have to since nursing just didn't work out for us. I didn't see any of the smaller 4 or 5 ounce bottles, so I purchased the larger size, which as I said before were too big but we will be using them.

They are also very easy to clean and store. As I have mentioned in other reviews of bottles that I use I clean them by hand, and the pieces come apart easily for cleaning and storing.

I didn't have any issues with leaking, or air getting in. Which is good. I have used a couple of brands of bottles that looked appealing to the eye but weren't so great when I actually used them.

We have only used them a couple of times, but they feel more durable than other bottles. And they are reasonably priced.

I would for sure recommend them for people with older babies.

• Keeps Air Out:

Best bottle on the market!

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

I LOVE Nuk's orthodontic bottles! My husband and I were first introduced to these bottles when I was taken to the ER 2 months after delivering my second child. It turns out that my gallbladder was on the fritz and I had to have it removed. My baby was exclusively breastfed, and we had no formula with us during our impromptu visit to the ER. My husband went to the store while one of our friend (a nurse who happened to be on call that night) watched our children. When he returned, our baby would not take the formula from the bottle we had. The nurse then went out and brought back a Nuk's orthodontic bottle. She explained that the nipple was more similar to an actual nipple and breastfed babies were more receptive to it. The Nuk worked! This bottle is wonderful and is still my favorite bottle. It continued to be a great transitional bottle as our third child was weaned.

Leak Prevention
It will leak a little depending on how your child drinks. I have not found it to leak more than any other bottle, however.

Dishwasher friendly!

Keeps Air Out
Air gets in, but it has never been a problem for my children.

• Keeps Air Out:

very well designed bottle, that fits my baby perfectly

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

I have been using this bottle ever since my baby was a newborn. he is now 5 months old. they are leak proof and very durable. the nipple makes it easy for my baby too go from breast to bottle with no issues since it mimics the moms breast. I love the orthodontic nipple which provides great oral development for my little one. The nipples airflow also keeps gas of my baby's belly. Plus these bottles come in wide variety of styles and selctions. I would highly recommend these bottles.

Child's Comfort
nipple mimic moms breast which makes eating more comfortable for baby.

Leak Prevention
very durable. have not had any issues with any of these bottles leaking.

these bottles have a wide opening which makes it easy for cleaning with any bottle brush.

Keeps Air Out
the silicone nipples provide great airflow which prevent gas on tummy

silicone nipples are very durable and dishwasher safe. my baby is 5 months old and I have not had to buy new nipples for these bottles. the bottles their selves are made of plastic and are dishwasher safe and very durable too.

Perfect for colicky babies

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

The NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles are a wonderful investment. I spent years trying to find the perfect bottle and with my recent 3rd child he was so colicky that i almost gave up. That was when someone told me to try the NUK bottles. They are awesome! The hole in the nipples is on the side so the child has a chance to see how much formula is in its mouth before swallowing and less air is swallowed as well. The bottles are lightweight, easy to clean, and last forever. My son throws them all over the house and they never crack. A great investment for a family with a newborn or if you are looking to switch brands. There are several great design patterns for boys and girls.

Leak Prevention
There is an air flow hole on the side of the nipple to prevent leaks and to manage air flow.

Very easy to clean the bottles.

Keeps Air Out
My son was no longer colicky after switching.

Lasts through many beatings by my child.

• Keeps Air Out:

a great basic baby bottle

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

These bottles are a great all around bottle for all aged babies. I liked the simple design that was easy to essemble and clean along with helping keep air out of my babies tummy when they were eating. I like the nuk brand because they make a wide variety of nipple flow choices so my baby always has a bottle adapted for their age to keep them healthier.

Child's Comfort
This bottle is a nice smooth straight shape so it is easy for me to hold and for my child to hold and helps keep air out of their belly with its simple design.

Leak Prevention
These bottles go together well and that keeps leaks from happening and they also withstand all the ages of my baby.

The simple shape of these bottles makes it easy to clean and the smooth surface comes clean very easily and quickly especially with a bottle brush.

Keeps Air Out
when held up correctly these bottles kept air out so there was less burping and less air got into my babies belly giving them less gas.

These bottles are made strong and durable to withstand all the stages of my babies life.

• Keeps Air Out:

A product that actually works like it says

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

When my son was born I tried everything. He became colic and soon hated using any bottle I bought him. When I went to the store, I hoped I would find something he woukd use. When I found Nuk I thought I woukd give it a try and thank-god I did cause he actually loved it and so did I. He had less gas at first and before long he was fine. He would be able to drink his formula without fussing afterward and I didnt get stressed out because he was full of gas. He burped with eased and I fell inlove Nuk and now recommend it to all my friends.

Child's Comfort
Since I was breast feeding it helped get him to take a bottle more easily. I tried all kinds of nipples but it seemed he preferred Nil over everything else.

Leak Prevention
My son always got every drop of his formula. It was helpful in not dirting his clothes as much as the other bottles did. The only time it leaked was when my son pushed his bottle away and it squirted through the hole.

It was a little hard to clean the tip of the nipple from the way it was designed.

• Keeps Air Out:

Used these with my children and grandchildren.

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

These bottles with the well known Nuk nipple is typically an easy fit for most infants and the Nuk pacifiers go nicely for soothing a young infant. The Nuk design is also deemed to be favorable for incoming teeth without the worry of a bottle or pacifier impacting the angle of incoming teeth. The silicone nipples they have these days are better than the brownish-orange latex ones of yesteryear that would dry out and potentially tear or fall apart causing a risk of choking hazard. These never showed any signs of wear on the nipple even as my grandson had teeth coming in. The vent at the top area of the nipple itself did do the job for the most part. There were a few times my grandson attempted to pull the bottle closer to him or deeper into his mouth and doing so forced a small amount of formula to drip on his face just below his nose and on the tip of his nose. One difficulty I had with the bottles that was ongoing was when inserting the nipple into the screw on ring the nipples would be pulled all the way through the ring due to the amount of force required to pull the nipple through and get it to snap in aligned properly. The other issue is with the dome caps to keep the nipple clean when carrying it in the diaper bag. The rubberized plastic nipple rings have semi-soft rubber tops and when you put the dome cap on it seems to attach well, but I found out that they pop off easily if bumped slightly when carrying the diaper bag.
Overall we did like these for the ease of use by the children and grandchildren along with the familiarization of the bottle and pacifier having the same exact size and shape. These do not have a lot of crevices to make cleaning difficult so bottle washing was easier than a lot of other bottles out there.

Child's Comfort
Best feature overall about these bottles is they are comfortable for the baby and keep uniformity with the Nuk pacifiers.

Leak Prevention
Had two occasions where nipple did not line up properly when screwed onto the bottle causing it to leak. Other than that, no issues with leaking.

• Keeps Air Out:

THIS BOTTLE IS MY FAVORITE!

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

I'd love to give this bottle a perfect ''10'' but just one thing prevents me from doing that. I'd love for it to have a bent shape to help prevent air bubbles. Other than that, it is by far the best out there and my kids' favorite!

Child's Comfort
The unique nipple on this bottle has proven to be a success with both of my children. Something about the soft feel and somewhat odd shape really appealed to them and made feeding much easier!

Leak Prevention
No bottle is totally leak-proof but this one is the best I've found with that problem.

YAY for easy cleaning! The top of this bottle has a larger-than-normal opening, making cleaning with a brush simple. The nipple is very flexible making that easy to clean as well.

Thick exterior makes this bottle durable. It seems to be much thicker than most others and have never had one crack either by washing in the dishwasher or by dropping. The nipple is soft to suck on, but tough and again, have never had one break or crack.

• Keeps Air Out:

Helps with my daughter's stomach issues

from Eustis, FL

Comments about NUK BPA-Free Orthodontic Plastic Baby Bottles:

I've been using Nuk bottles for my daughter since she was about 2 months old. I find that they help a lot with lessening the stomach problems my daughter has had since she was born due to her acid reflux. I love the way the nipples are made in order to lessen problems with air getting into my daughter's stomach and causing colic and gas problems. The only thing I dislike about the bottles is that if the bottle is laying a certain way the milk leaks because of the hole in the side of the nipple. It also makes it hard to mix the milk in the bottle when I am making a new bottle since I long ago lost track of the little disk that goes between the top and the bottle which somewhat aided in the milk getting everywhere and spilling out of the bottle. I also dislike that if I put juices in the bottle that are colored it discolors the nipple. Even after a couple of washes the nipple doesn't completely go back to it's normal color.