Other Baby Bottles:

BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles

Pros

Cons

• Keeps Air Out:

I think this bottle actually helps my baby girl to not have gas.

I believe I got this bottle with my registration for a Baby registry at Baby's R Us, but I am not sure exactly. I do know I got it from somewhere for registering with something. I like this bottle. It has been a good one. I think that it does help with her not being gassy. This is a big thing for me since she already spits up a lot due to baby acid reflux. So I don't really need gas adding to that. I don't use the bottle all the time due to her being primarily breastfed, but when someone takes are of her it gets a lot of use. It didn't interfere with her breastfeeding either. There wasn't any of that nipple confusion going on. I was really worried about that. It seems with my two oldest boys I had problems with them latching on wrong so I really didn't want that with her and I think I bypassed that pretty well.

I love the silicone nipple it is very soft and she loves that. I have used a regular bottle a few times and she does not like that regular hard nipple. the silicone nipple also lets the milk out slowly so there's less of a mess and gagging.

I have not nought one of these bottles yet for her, but I have heard that they are very expensive and I am not going to like that. I think I might just have to stick with this one bottle and just be sure to wash it regularily.

Safe but cumbersome

We received the BornFree BPA-free 8 oz bottle as a gift. After using it, I am not sure I would purchase it myself.

I loved the idea of a glass...Read complete review

I loved the idea of a glass bottle, but of course this makes the bottle heavier than plastic, which I hadn't considered. My daughter was unable to steadily support the bottle, plus liquid, until she was almost a year old. She could hold it for a while, but then her arms would become tired and it would fall out of her mouth. This meant that we had to support it for her the entire feeding.

The other issue with this particular bottle was the gas-reducing feature, which involved a silicone insert which has to be put into the bottle before putting on the nipple and the ring. If you put it on improperly, it doesn't function as intended. This is not really a big deal, although washing it can be, because of all the little nooks and crannies that are exposed to the milk. I didn't particularly notice any difference in my daughter's burping/gas/reflux.

Overall, although I did like the idea of the bottle, I often found myself using a smaller plastic bottle for convinience, especially when travelling. Perhaps a smaller version of the BornFree, used without the gas-reducer, would have been more to my liking.

Great quality, versatile at different ages, well worth the money

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

I found these bottles to be very durable. My son took to them very easily and the bottles were never a cause of any gas or indigestion. I also liked that you can easily purchase replacement parts of the bottles which saves money so that they can be used for a long time and also for different levels.

Child's Comfort
My child was breast fed so these were a great bottle to use. The larger nipple size on the bottles made my child naturally take to these bottles.

Leak Prevention
I had occasional leaks when I had these bottles thrown into the bottom of a diaper bag. There were no leaks when they were upright in the correct compartment of my diaper bag.

Easily washed in the dishwasher. I occasionally hand-washed the nipples to make sure they were properly cleaned. Taking the vent apart sometimes causes a mess, but the vents functionality overshadows taking apart an extra piece of the bottle.

Keeps Air Out
The vent works exactly as it was designed. This was a lifesaver for a baby who had considerable gas with other bottles.

I used these bottles for nearly 2 years by changing out the different nipples/spouts. I have since handed them off to another mom because they were still in such great condition and she felt the same way.

I can't stand these.

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

Yeah sure these are great bottles, if you are going to use them two times tops and then throw them away. I bought seven of these bottles because they are supposedly good for baby and the environment and whatever else they claim, but in reality they are awful. I wish I had never wasted money on these, they are priced way to high to be this cruddy. My daughter used one of the bottles that I bought one time, just one time, and when I was washing it after she finished it, I could not get this awful smell out of the bottle and I couldn't figure out what it was so I figured, "well, it must be just this one bottle smells funky.". So I tried another bottle and smelled that one, the same awful smell came from it. I tried all six of the remaining bottles and they all smelled awful. I still don't know what the smell was, but the bottle made my daughter very sick and her pediatrician told me to never use those bottles again and that she was allergic to whatever was inside of it.

• Keeps Air Out:

Best bottles on the market. We've tried them all too!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

Obviously I'd prefer to breastfeed but when my first two children (for various health reasons) couldn't do so, Born Free Bottles were our life saver! We tried every bottle on the market before we realized it though. Our first son was the guinea pig. Every few weeks we had to switch to a new brand of bottle because he'd get gas so bad he'd spit up his entire feeding's worth of milk. We tried Tommy Tipee, Dr Browns, Phillip, Playtex and several others but Born Free was the only one that actually provided relief. With our second and third kids we got to skip the guinea pig phase and go straight to using Born Free bottles and we had no trouble at all. No gas. No spit up. No colic. The filter really does prevent bubbles from being ingested by the baby. It is a bit of a pain to clean because each complete bottle breaks down into six or seven pieces but once you get a system down it becomes routine. Always worth the sleep you get at night having a happy baby though!

Safe and baby liked

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

I wanted a bottle that was safe from harmful plastic and that is exactly what this bottle is. I felt safe giving my baby this bottle. I only have a couple of things I did not like. There are a lot of pieces to this bottle. Kind of annoying when washing it and finding all the pieces to put together when you need a bottle. The other thing was that the nipples flowed to fast for my LO. I was using the correct size with how old he was but still way to fast for him.

Child's Comfort
Again I thought the nipples flowed to fast. I was usually using a smaller number then the recommended age.

Leak Prevention
It did leak if left on its side but I have never found a bottle that didn't.

The smaller nipple thing that goes inside to prevent too much air from getting to baby was hard to clean.

Keeps Air Out
Did a very good job at that.

Strong

Born Free bottles

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

The Born Free BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles are not worth the price I paid for them. I recently had my third baby, and I have been through every bottle out there. Both of my boys loved Dr.Brown's bottles, and I did too, so that's what they both used the whole time. My daughter is now five months old, but she rejected Dr.Brown's bottles from the start. We tried everything until I found the Born Free bottles. She was instantly hooked, but I hate them. The only reason I continue to buy them is because they are the only bottle she will easily take. They are difficult to clean because there are too many pieces. I am replacing the nipples about every 3 weeks which is so expensive! Some of the bottles leak, but not all of them do. They do not keep air out. My daughter has had such horrible gas since we started using these. If I could get my daughter to switch, I would. There are so many things wrong with Born Free bottles, and they are so expensive.

• Keeps Air Out:

Great for airflow and keeping bubbles out of baby, sturdy

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

We love these bottles. The design keeps the air flowing through the bottle and not into baby. It makes it easy for him to get the liquid out as well as control the speed of suction. Easy to clean, sturdy bottles. The only downside is that if you forget to put in the special airflow thing before you shake up the bottle, liquid comes out of the cap and goes everywhere! But as long as you remember that, they work great and these are the only bottles we use now. I also like the clear markings for measurements.

Leak Prevention
As long as you put in the airflow cap it's sealed up tight, but if you forget then liquid will leak everywhere from the screw part of the cap.

The neck opening is nice and wide and the bottle isn't too long so it's really easy to get bottle cleaners down into the bottle. The nipples are also wider for easier cleaning. All of it is also dishwasher safe (top rack) so it's really nice and simple. And the airflow cap comes apart to be cleaned as well.

Keeps Air Out
The airflow cap is great about letting the air through the screw cap into the bottle instead of through the nipple, so baby gets a lot less air in the tummy.

The bottle is a nice thick, hard plastic that can really take some rough baby handling and dropping.

Born Free Baby

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

With my daughter I wanted to provide her with a bottle that would fit her sensitive needs. I choose to use Born Free plastic baby bottles. The plastic attachment in the top of the bottle makes reducing air flow into the babies stomach easy without the need for a drop in liner. The Born Free nipples also are designed for babies comfort of a mothers breast. This enhanced nipple design made switching baavk and forth between bottle and breast significantly easier for my daughter to handle. The washing of the Born Free bottles is also very easy. The plastic attachment easily snaps off and comes apart for ease of cleaning and sterilization of the bottle. Once finished with cleaning the.pieces all easily snap right back together. I would expecially recommend Born Free plastic bottles to beastfeeding mothers that supplement formula and to mothers of sensitive infants.

Great bottle

from Carteret, NJ

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

I have used these bottles with all three of my children for a total of five years now. I have used new nipples with each child of course. They are BPA free which is a must. None of my children have had gas, spit up problems or trouble taking to this bottle. I primarily breast feed but have needed to supplement here and there or have my husband feed the kids. They are a little more expensive but they last! Though I got mine on sale at a very reasonable price. The only negative I have with this bottle is that if you don't have it put together perfectly it will leak. And honestly I never really know where the leak is coming from. I just take the top off, retighten and everything seems fine.
If I were to get new ones I would probably get the glass ones.
The bottle does have more pieces to clean but the benefit of them are well worth it. I personally hand wash mine but know they are dishwasher safe.

Leak Prevention
Everything needs to be put together just right or it will leak.

• Keeps Air Out:

Good bottles, but a lot of parts

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

Although i really did like all the good things i heard about these bottles, when i went to try them out i noticed that there was a lot of different parts under the nipple. There was the bottle itself, the nipple, the cap that screws on, and then two plates to eliminate gas and air bubbles and or air pockets. I didn't like this too much because then if you are in a hurry you have to put all of these pieces together. I also wasn't sure as to how the milk would flow through with all the different plates and holes for it to come through. Despite my concern and worry it actually eliminated gas and kept the air pockets and or air bubbles from getting into the babies stomach. These bottles are fairly easy to clean since everything is dish washer safe. The bottles are also made to be very durable which is a plus for moms because then you don't have to buy new ones over and over again.

great bottles

Comments about BornFree BPA Free Plastic Baby Bottles:

Overall these bottles are great and one of my favorite on the market. They have a lot less parts to them then other bottles and they still prevent gas. They are easy to clean and use. I should mention that I have used these bottles for breast milk only and not for formula. I am not sure if a bottle is better for one vs another.

Child's Comfort
I feel that these bottles cut down on gas better then other bottles I have used

Leak Prevention
As long as the lid is on correctly and you have the the gas prevention part inside I have never had a problem with leaking

These are very easy to clean especially since they have a lot less parts then some of the other brands on the market

Keeps Air Out
This bottle is great at keeping air out. I have never had a problem with it

These bottle are very durable. The have lasted through one child and now are being used for my second without having to purchase any additional parts or pieces