1,148 reviews
Dr. Brown's
Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles

Read 1,148 Reviews

Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles

Pros

• BPA free (12)
  • Durable (9)
  • Seals well (7)
  • Convenient (5)
  • Easy to use (4)

Cons

• Difficult to wash (7)
  • Leaks (5)

• At home (8)
  • Feeding (6)
  • Travel (4)
  • Milk storage (3)
    • Child's Comfort:
    • Leak Prevention:
    • Keeps Air Out:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • First time parent (7), Parent of two or more children (5)

Thanks Dr. Brown. You made my day-- I mean, night!

My daughter was a colicky and gassy baby-- not something that I wish on anyone!  She was not a fan of breast milk, so we looked to other options. We tried nearly every baby bottle and every baby formula maker. No luck. She was still fussy.

Then, we discovered Baby's [Only Organic Baby Formula][1] , and our life changed. My daughter loved it and devoured it. Now, we just needed a way to give it to her that she would accept.

We tried several baby bottles with our son and his favorite was Dr. Brown's. We prayed that the same bottles would work with her! We had no interest in going out and buying all new bottles. We were already paying a lot for the formula.

Alas, Dr. Brown Baby Bottles delivered! They were a big hit right from the beginning-- thank you Dr. Brown.

The Dr. Brown nipple size was normal, it was easy to hold and it had a built in gas reducer. We didn't have to try the [Avent bottles][2]  and others (which my son DID NOT like)! Dr. Brown was perfect-- even for a colicky baby.

The downside to Dr. Brown's bottles are that they are expensive and require special cleaning brushes. There are so many parts (and skinny ones at that), that they are a total pain to clean. However, if I can sleep through the night-- I will clean anything!

One tip: If you are on a budget, I would buy their 3 pack. Three bottles should get you by just fine. You just need to do a lot of cleaning. Oh, and did I mention that they are quite durable-- mine have lasted over 2+ years.

Thanks, Dr. Brown. You helped me sleep through the night.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Babys-Only-Organic-Pediatric-Dairy-Formula-review-358e
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Avent-Baby-Bottles-reviews

High Maintenance and works well enough

I think one thing that every parent needs to realize is that not every baby is the same -  I know, I know what an insight!

When...Read complete review

When my baby was first born he was quite "colicky"(or had colick, was colick etc...) as they called it at the hospital.  Now let's check out what was happening in the mind of a FIRST time Mother when she heard this and had NEVER heard the name COLICK before...I thought to myself, my baby was gravely ill, sick, born with some illness that we had to fix.  I quickly asked the nurse:  "What can I give him for that?"  And she said, "nothing, just try and burp/rub him and be patient."  I thought to myself "Surely man has made SOMETHING to overcome this illness - i mean, he's just a little newborn babe just hours into this world and IT won't stop crying; whatever IT is, it's TERRIBLE and is putting this child in grave hurt/danger.  This illness MUST be severe and something MUST be done about it before his little lungs get overworked and he develops some NEW sickness or problems."

I was out of the hospital and researching this great "joy-sucker-outter-out-of-a-new-mother" and as it turned out - this was NORMAL.  PHEW.  So we went on the great search for all sort of serums, potions, acupuncturist, baby chiropractors (no we didn't really use any of those, except maybe the chiropractor thingy).  Yep, I'm getting to the Dr. Brown's bottle part....

During my pregnancy I had already chosen all my baby items (all of them well researched) and had already decided on Dr. Brown's bottles even before I knew about all this colicky stuff.  Simply because I had heard so many great things about them.  When I discovered all the "bells and whistles" that accompanied IT, I was about to throw the whole thing out.  I mean, what PARENT has the time to CAREFULLY wash and sterilize all those things?  But my husband said he would handle the bottles and we should keep them if they were supposed to be "really good."  No arguments here, I said Okay.

My son was VERY GASSY!!  He seemed to only cry at night though.  We were already using the bottles so what was causing the gas?  Well it had to be the formula,  we went through EVERY formula there was and finally lo and behold the LAST one we tried worked (how convenient).  He was lactose intolerant and the only thing that seemed to greatly relieve him was the Enfamil Lactose Intolerant formula.  It didn't mean that he wasn't gassy any more.  He was still pretty gassy up until 8-9 months or so but he was NOT crying out in PAINFUL gas any more.  And please keep in mind we were using the Dr. Brown's the WHOLE time from birth.

All in all - there were parents who swear that the bottles helped tremendously, some who say it didn't work at all and there are others like me who are saying it just depends on your child and the child's digestive tract.  When it comes to kids, keep an open mind and don't EVER rely on just ONE thing to diagnose children because even though something may work wonders right away doesn't mean it'll always remain that way either.

What I DON'T LIKE about the Dr. Brown's bottles however is how quickly it gets cracked or gets scratch marks from cleaning (even though we use the dishwasher- top rack).  And the paint with all the writings become VERY loose very fast.  If you stove top sterilize (which we did for a while because his grandparents REFUSED to use the microwave) the paint that comes loose from the bottles gets stuck to the nipples or gets inside the bottles - which means your little one could be drinking the paint!!!  So be careful and inspect them carefully after washing!  And one more thing....IT LEAKS PRETTY BAD IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL.  My husband and I travel with our son A LOT!!  And every time we pour milk/formula into those bottles and have had to feed our son on the plane it starts to leak!  So do not pre-fill them before you get on the plane.  If you do, be sure to unscrew the top so the air does not build up and push upward.  Also, be sure to unscrew the top when using a bottle warmer.  Once the milk gets hot and the top is not unscrewed the heat will push the air upward again and it will create a big mess in your warmer!!

Life savers

from Brownwood tx

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well

Cons

• Difficult to Wash

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

They are a life saver. My baby girl would scream, cry, squirm when I feed her and went to burp her with another brand.and she also had really bad bad gas. I looked at reviews about these and I decided to try them out. After 2 feeding she burped perfectly with no help really, no screaming,crying or squirming.. I was so relieved for her especially but for me also. These bottles do what they say help with colic burp and gas. Totally recommend to any and everyone...

Best bottles

from Strayhorn ms

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well
  • Washes Easily

• Heating Milk
    • Milk Storage

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

Best bottles i have ever used he never gets collic and eats like a charm there easy for him to grip in his hand. Easy to clean and not to many parts which is a plus

Buy these bottles if you want to spend your day washing

from San Diego, Ca

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free

Cons

• Difficult to Wash
    • Leaks

• Milk Storage

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I received these bottles at my baby shower. At first I was thrilled because they attach to my Medela pump and they seemed like they would be great for gassy babies, and they are, but they are really not worth it. They leaked frequently, which was a major issue for me but not completely a deal breaker. But the major issue I had with these bottles is that they consisted of many parts. I honestly used three different brushes just to wash one bottle, and I had to do this multiple times a day. I finally was over it and decided to try a different brand and toss these bottles out. My baby had no trouble with latching, so she had no issue with latching with any bottle I have introduced her to so far.

Horrible Messy Bottles

from Hoover, Al.

About Me Parent of Multiples (Twins etc)

Pros

• BPA Free

Cons

• Leaks

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

Almost ALL of my many bottles leak. I have come to HATE them. I have twins therefore I have purchased many bottles of several sizes and shapes. They have caused me to have to change man boys extra times per day due to the leakage as well as drips on my rugs, floors, furniture, clothes, and more. I feel like burning these horrible bottles as I wouldn't even give them to Goodwill for someone else to suffer with. This is an issue that you need to address!!!!! I absolutely despise these bottles and intend to let everyone that I come in contact with know NOT to buy them. (We live a higher end neighborhood with sidewalks that are used for walking couples with strollers and many expecting couples as they walk to any one of the 8 parks the are located within the planned community).

Worst Bottles Ever

from Duluth MN

Pros

Cons

• Leaks

Worst bottles on earth
          Leak everywhere

The only bottle my baby would drink from

from Houston, TX

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
          • Convenient
          • Durable
          • Easy to use
          • Seals Well
          • Washes Easily

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

This is a fantastic bottle brand and the only bottle my baby would drink from. There are a lot of parts to clean but it definitely helps prevent her being gassy.

Perfect for tummy problems!

from Nanty Glo, PA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
            • Convenient
            • Durable
            • Seals Well

Cons

• Difficult to Wash

• Heating Milk

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

My youngest has pretty bad tummy issues, has to be on special formula, has reflux, etc. We tried numerous bottles before trying thes . These take the cake . They're by far the most amazing bottles everrrr. My daughter hasn't had a belly ache since we switched to these. They're the consuming when it comes to washing but so worth it.

This product leaks too much

from Texas

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
            • Durable

Cons

• Difficult to Wash
            • Leaks

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

This bottle is good to relieve colic but if filled up to 5oz and up it leaks whenever tipped over, and not your average one two drop. I am talking as if you unscrewed the top leak. :/

The only bottle in our house.

from Boston, MA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
            • Convenient
            • Durable
            • Easy to use
            • Seals Well

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

Dr. Browns are the only bottles we use. They are durable and BPA free, and babies hardly ever swallow air due to it's unique design. Highly recommended.

I personally do not like.

from Alabama

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
              • Durable
              • Seals Well

Cons

• Bad Nipple
              • Difficult to Wash
              • Hard for daugher to drink out

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

My daughter just refuses to drink out of these bottles for some reason.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand