1,169 reviews
Dr. Brown's
Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles

Read 1,169 Reviews

Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles

Pros

• BPA free (30)
  • Durable (27)
  • Seals well (21)
  • Convenient (17)
  • Easy to use (15)

Cons

• Difficult to wash (17)
  • Leaks (8)

• At home (26)
    • Child's Comfort:
    • Leak Prevention:
    • Keeps Air Out:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (16), First time parent (15)
    • I received a sample (54), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

Thanks Dr. Brown. You made my day-- I mean, night!

My daughter was a colicky and gassy baby-- not something that I wish on anyone!  She was not a fan of breast milk, so we looked to other options. We tried nearly every baby bottle and every baby formula maker. No luck. She was still fussy.

Then, we discovered Baby's [Only Organic Baby Formula][1] , and our life changed. My daughter loved it and devoured it. Now, we just needed a way to give it to her that she would accept.

We tried several baby bottles with our son and his favorite was Dr. Brown's. We prayed that the same bottles would work with her! We had no interest in going out and buying all new bottles. We were already paying a lot for the formula.

Alas, Dr. Brown Baby Bottles delivered! They were a big hit right from the beginning-- thank you Dr. Brown.

The Dr. Brown nipple size was normal, it was easy to hold and it had a built in gas reducer. We didn't have to try the [Avent bottles][2]  and others (which my son DID NOT like)! Dr. Brown was perfect-- even for a colicky baby.

The downside to Dr. Brown's bottles are that they are expensive and require special cleaning brushes. There are so many parts (and skinny ones at that), that they are a total pain to clean. However, if I can sleep through the night-- I will clean anything!

One tip: If you are on a budget, I would buy their 3 pack. Three bottles should get you by just fine. You just need to do a lot of cleaning. Oh, and did I mention that they are quite durable-- mine have lasted over 2+ years.

Thanks, Dr. Brown. You helped me sleep through the night.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Babys-Only-Organic-Pediatric-Dairy-Formula-review-358e
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Avent-Baby-Bottles-reviews

High Maintenance and works well enough

I think one thing that every parent needs to realize is that not every baby is the same -  I know, I know what an insight!

When...Read complete review

When my baby was first born he was quite "colicky"(or had colick, was colick etc...) as they called it at the hospital.  Now let's check out what was happening in the mind of a FIRST time Mother when she heard this and had NEVER heard the name COLICK before...I thought to myself, my baby was gravely ill, sick, born with some illness that we had to fix.  I quickly asked the nurse:  "What can I give him for that?"  And she said, "nothing, just try and burp/rub him and be patient."  I thought to myself "Surely man has made SOMETHING to overcome this illness - i mean, he's just a little newborn babe just hours into this world and IT won't stop crying; whatever IT is, it's TERRIBLE and is putting this child in grave hurt/danger.  This illness MUST be severe and something MUST be done about it before his little lungs get overworked and he develops some NEW sickness or problems."

I was out of the hospital and researching this great "joy-sucker-outter-out-of-a-new-mother" and as it turned out - this was NORMAL.  PHEW.  So we went on the great search for all sort of serums, potions, acupuncturist, baby chiropractors (no we didn't really use any of those, except maybe the chiropractor thingy).  Yep, I'm getting to the Dr. Brown's bottle part....

During my pregnancy I had already chosen all my baby items (all of them well researched) and had already decided on Dr. Brown's bottles even before I knew about all this colicky stuff.  Simply because I had heard so many great things about them.  When I discovered all the "bells and whistles" that accompanied IT, I was about to throw the whole thing out.  I mean, what PARENT has the time to CAREFULLY wash and sterilize all those things?  But my husband said he would handle the bottles and we should keep them if they were supposed to be "really good."  No arguments here, I said Okay.

My son was VERY GASSY!!  He seemed to only cry at night though.  We were already using the bottles so what was causing the gas?  Well it had to be the formula,  we went through EVERY formula there was and finally lo and behold the LAST one we tried worked (how convenient).  He was lactose intolerant and the only thing that seemed to greatly relieve him was the Enfamil Lactose Intolerant formula.  It didn't mean that he wasn't gassy any more.  He was still pretty gassy up until 8-9 months or so but he was NOT crying out in PAINFUL gas any more.  And please keep in mind we were using the Dr. Brown's the WHOLE time from birth.

All in all - there were parents who swear that the bottles helped tremendously, some who say it didn't work at all and there are others like me who are saying it just depends on your child and the child's digestive tract.  When it comes to kids, keep an open mind and don't EVER rely on just ONE thing to diagnose children because even though something may work wonders right away doesn't mean it'll always remain that way either.

What I DON'T LIKE about the Dr. Brown's bottles however is how quickly it gets cracked or gets scratch marks from cleaning (even though we use the dishwasher- top rack).  And the paint with all the writings become VERY loose very fast.  If you stove top sterilize (which we did for a while because his grandparents REFUSED to use the microwave) the paint that comes loose from the bottles gets stuck to the nipples or gets inside the bottles - which means your little one could be drinking the paint!!!  So be careful and inspect them carefully after washing!  And one more thing....IT LEAKS PRETTY BAD IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL.  My husband and I travel with our son A LOT!!  And every time we pour milk/formula into those bottles and have had to feed our son on the plane it starts to leak!  So do not pre-fill them before you get on the plane.  If you do, be sure to unscrew the top so the air does not build up and push upward.  Also, be sure to unscrew the top when using a bottle warmer.  Once the milk gets hot and the top is not unscrewed the heat will push the air upward again and it will create a big mess in your warmer!!

Leaks like crazy

from Grand Junction

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Washes Easily

Cons

• Leaks

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I have tried these bottles at different stages of my 11 month old feedings and I have had a problem from day one with leaks. I have tried completely dry bottles and it does the same thing. The reduced gas with these bottles is nice but be prepared to use a coaster if you put it down for just a second.

A pain to clean but great bottles

from Bossier City, LA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Durable
  • Seals Well

Cons

• Difficult to Wash

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I love these bottles. My daughter had severe acid reflux and these were the only bottlesthat worked for her. They are a pain to wash though. Each bottle has 5 pieces.

Never had a fussy baby

from Sarasota, FL

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Seals Well

Cons

• Difficult to Wash
  • Doesn't seal without plastic inserts

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I received these bottles as a gift with my first baby, so I've always used the Dr. Browns bottles from day one. My son has never had problems being fussy, gassy or spitting up with these. I did try using regular bottles a few times, even the ones that are meant to not make the baby colic and my son was a nightmare from gas pains. So I always stick with the Dr browns ones, now having another child I won't even bother to try a different bottle.
I do hate that they are so hard to clean and over time the rubber inside piece will turn yellowish. Also you have to wash AND DRY the pieces very well, as they are mold prone and will smell. Sanitizing them every couple weeks with bleach seems to help a lot tho.

Good for SOME gassy infants

from Ormond Beach, Fl

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free

Cons

• Difficult to Wash
  • Leaks
  • Not easy to use "on the go" because of parts.

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I like that this bottle helps elevate gas in my infant. I dislike cleaning this particular bottle because of all the different small parts it contains.

Definitely would use again again.

from Hazard, Ky, USA

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well
  • Washes Easily

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

We used Dr. Browns with my first grandson and I will definitely use them again and again. I did not have any difficulty at all cleaning them or keeping them clean. Our lo enjoyed the Dr. Brown bottles and actually preferred them over many on the market. I would highly recommend this product.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

The only bottles we use

from Fayetteville nc

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
    • Convenient
    • Durable
    • Easy to use
    • Seals Well

Cons

• Difficult to Wash

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

These bottles are great for gassy babies or babies who take in alot of air while feeding. The options bottles are new and can be used without the vent. These bottles don't leak and the only con is cleaning the because of all the different parts. They're worth it though

We love Dr Brown bottles!

from Swanton, vt

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
    • Convenient
    • Durable

Cons

• Difficult to Wash

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

We love them but HATE washing them! I didn't want to use them with our last baby but my husband insisted so I make him wash them lol

Baby Loves It

from Cumberland, MD

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Durable

Cons

• Difficult to Wash

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

This bottle really helped my daughter transition from breast to bottle. It also helped a lot when she started getting colic from other types of bottles that allowed too much air going through the nipple.

I would recommend these bottles

from Chicago, Illinois

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
    • Durable
    • Easy to use
    • Washes Easily

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

Used it for my first born cause them not to throw up since air doesnt get to them

Best bottle

from New Haven Ct

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
      • Convenient
      • Durable
      • Easy to use
      • Seals Well
      • Washes Easily

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

This is the best bottle you can ever buy. After investing money in some many brands this is the best one so far. They have least over 5 years. the only thing I bottle new was the nipple for my second an third baby.
        They are easy for traveling as well. I def. recommend this bottle.