1,160 reviews
Dr. Brown's
Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles

Read 1,160 Reviews

Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles

Pros

• BPA free (23)
  • Durable (20)
  • Seals well (17)
  • Convenient (13)
  • Easy to use (11)

Cons

• Difficult to wash (11)
  • Leaks (6)

• At home (18)
    • Child's Comfort:
    • Leak Prevention:
    • Keeps Air Out:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (12), First time parent (11)
    • I received a sample (51), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

Thanks Dr. Brown. You made my day-- I mean, night!

My daughter was a colicky and gassy baby-- not something that I wish on anyone!  She was not a fan of breast milk, so we looked to other options. We tried nearly every baby bottle and every baby formula maker. No luck. She was still fussy.

Then, we discovered Baby's [Only Organic Baby Formula][1] , and our life changed. My daughter loved it and devoured it. Now, we just needed a way to give it to her that she would accept.

We tried several baby bottles with our son and his favorite was Dr. Brown's. We prayed that the same bottles would work with her! We had no interest in going out and buying all new bottles. We were already paying a lot for the formula.

Alas, Dr. Brown Baby Bottles delivered! They were a big hit right from the beginning-- thank you Dr. Brown.

The Dr. Brown nipple size was normal, it was easy to hold and it had a built in gas reducer. We didn't have to try the [Avent bottles][2]  and others (which my son DID NOT like)! Dr. Brown was perfect-- even for a colicky baby.

The downside to Dr. Brown's bottles are that they are expensive and require special cleaning brushes. There are so many parts (and skinny ones at that), that they are a total pain to clean. However, if I can sleep through the night-- I will clean anything!

One tip: If you are on a budget, I would buy their 3 pack. Three bottles should get you by just fine. You just need to do a lot of cleaning. Oh, and did I mention that they are quite durable-- mine have lasted over 2+ years.

Thanks, Dr. Brown. You helped me sleep through the night.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Babys-Only-Organic-Pediatric-Dairy-Formula-review-358e
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Avent-Baby-Bottles-reviews

High Maintenance and works well enough

I think one thing that every parent needs to realize is that not every baby is the same -  I know, I know what an insight!

When...Read complete review

When my baby was first born he was quite "colicky"(or had colick, was colick etc...) as they called it at the hospital.  Now let's check out what was happening in the mind of a FIRST time Mother when she heard this and had NEVER heard the name COLICK before...I thought to myself, my baby was gravely ill, sick, born with some illness that we had to fix.  I quickly asked the nurse:  "What can I give him for that?"  And she said, "nothing, just try and burp/rub him and be patient."  I thought to myself "Surely man has made SOMETHING to overcome this illness - i mean, he's just a little newborn babe just hours into this world and IT won't stop crying; whatever IT is, it's TERRIBLE and is putting this child in grave hurt/danger.  This illness MUST be severe and something MUST be done about it before his little lungs get overworked and he develops some NEW sickness or problems."

I was out of the hospital and researching this great "joy-sucker-outter-out-of-a-new-mother" and as it turned out - this was NORMAL.  PHEW.  So we went on the great search for all sort of serums, potions, acupuncturist, baby chiropractors (no we didn't really use any of those, except maybe the chiropractor thingy).  Yep, I'm getting to the Dr. Brown's bottle part....

During my pregnancy I had already chosen all my baby items (all of them well researched) and had already decided on Dr. Brown's bottles even before I knew about all this colicky stuff.  Simply because I had heard so many great things about them.  When I discovered all the "bells and whistles" that accompanied IT, I was about to throw the whole thing out.  I mean, what PARENT has the time to CAREFULLY wash and sterilize all those things?  But my husband said he would handle the bottles and we should keep them if they were supposed to be "really good."  No arguments here, I said Okay.

My son was VERY GASSY!!  He seemed to only cry at night though.  We were already using the bottles so what was causing the gas?  Well it had to be the formula,  we went through EVERY formula there was and finally lo and behold the LAST one we tried worked (how convenient).  He was lactose intolerant and the only thing that seemed to greatly relieve him was the Enfamil Lactose Intolerant formula.  It didn't mean that he wasn't gassy any more.  He was still pretty gassy up until 8-9 months or so but he was NOT crying out in PAINFUL gas any more.  And please keep in mind we were using the Dr. Brown's the WHOLE time from birth.

All in all - there were parents who swear that the bottles helped tremendously, some who say it didn't work at all and there are others like me who are saying it just depends on your child and the child's digestive tract.  When it comes to kids, keep an open mind and don't EVER rely on just ONE thing to diagnose children because even though something may work wonders right away doesn't mean it'll always remain that way either.

What I DON'T LIKE about the Dr. Brown's bottles however is how quickly it gets cracked or gets scratch marks from cleaning (even though we use the dishwasher- top rack).  And the paint with all the writings become VERY loose very fast.  If you stove top sterilize (which we did for a while because his grandparents REFUSED to use the microwave) the paint that comes loose from the bottles gets stuck to the nipples or gets inside the bottles - which means your little one could be drinking the paint!!!  So be careful and inspect them carefully after washing!  And one more thing....IT LEAKS PRETTY BAD IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL.  My husband and I travel with our son A LOT!!  And every time we pour milk/formula into those bottles and have had to feed our son on the plane it starts to leak!  So do not pre-fill them before you get on the plane.  If you do, be sure to unscrew the top so the air does not build up and push upward.  Also, be sure to unscrew the top when using a bottle warmer.  Once the milk gets hot and the top is not unscrewed the heat will push the air upward again and it will create a big mess in your warmer!!

Best bottle

from New Haven Ct

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well
  • Washes Easily

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

This is the best bottle you can ever buy. After investing money in some many brands this is the best one so far. They have least over 5 years. the only thing I bottle new was the nipple for my second an third baby.
    They are easy for traveling as well. I def. recommend this bottle.

Great product but not for newborns

from San jose ca

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Convenient
    • Durable

Cons

• Hole is too big

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I love these bottles just not for my newborn. I breastfeed and bottle feed my daughter and i notice she chockes on her milk a lot with these bottles. She chokes as if too much milk comes out. Maybe once shes older ill give these a try again.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Only Bottle My Son Will Take

from Minnesota

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
    • Durable
    • Washes Easily

Cons

• Lots of parts to wash

• Anywhere

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

Since the day my little one was born I decided to mainly formula feed. (it was a hard decision but fed is best!) Well my hospital gives you ready-to-feed formula of the brand you choose and that comes in it's own little bottle so the transition to the powdered formula and new bottle was extremely difficult. We tried Tommee Tippee, Avent, Playtex and Mam and they just wouldn't work for him. The first few weeks he was colicky, spit-up almost his entire bottle and was extremely gassy. It breaks your heart when your child cries and there is nothing you can do about it at the moment. So then we decided to try the Dr. Brown bottles. What originally made us steer away from Dr. Brown Bottles to begin with were all the parts (It's not really fun to hand wash all these but its really not that bad after you get used to it) but if they help my son not have to live cranky because he's in pain from getting too much air, I'll gladly wash every single part 100 times a day!!!
    So i sent my Significant Other to the store to purchase 2 Dr. Brown bottles and he picked up 2 of the Dr. Brown Options baby bottles. We thought it was just going to be another bottle that was expensive for no reason and maybe we were just better off buying a store brand. Now you can't mix up formula in the bottle with all the pieces together because you will end up with chunks of formula clogging the straw part. (Trust me i did this even though it says not to. I guess I was thinking maybe it would work for me lol nope!) I filled a bottle with his formula and started his feeding. I instantly noticed a difference in this bottle it didn't fill with air bubbles and come pouring out the nipple. I found that it was a great pace-feeding bottle because he was able to take just what he needed and push the bottle out of his mouth when he was done and I didn't over feed him. Shortly after the feeding he seemed to be doing really well. He wasn't fussy didn't seem to be in any pain from gas. Just a happy baby.

Best bottles I have found

from New Port Richey, FL

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
    • Durable
    • Seals Well

Cons

• Difficult to Wash

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I have used these bottles for my daughter for a long time and I have found them to be the best bottles I have ever used. At first we used just regular, cheap bottles, but my daughter was having lots of issues with gas. After switching to Dr. Brown's we noticed a significant decrease in crying from her. I will never use a different bottle!

Lifesaver

from New windsor Ny

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
    • Convenient
    • Durable
    • Easy to use
    • Seals Well
    • Washes Easily

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

After 2 kids and trying countless bottles with colic chjldren to no avail i found this eith my third and jt saved my life seriously. I recommend to all my friends and they do the same.

I absolutely love these bottles! Such a life saver!

from Beloit, WI

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
      • Convenient
      • Durable
      • Easy to use
      • Seals Well

Cons

• Difficult to Wash

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

When my son was born premature, he had a heck of a time with colic. A friend of mine recommended these bottles so I decided to give them a shot. I instantly fell in love! They helped out with his colic so much and so minimized how much he was spitting up. Durable, long lasting, great value!

Good Bottle

from chicago ill

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
      • Convenient
      • Durable
      • Easy to use
      • Seals Well
      • Washes Easily

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

Great bottle we use for my 3 moth old newphew they work great and help with gas for newborns they help reduce that. Very easy use to use and very much durable and should last a few months.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Could not recommend more!

from Lisbon, Ohio

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
        • Convenient
        • Durable
        • Seals Well

Cons

• Difficult to Wash

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I love these bottles. I have never used any other bottle. I am a Mom of three girls and used them 8 years ago and today with my 4 month old. They are very durable and long lasting and she hasn't got any tummy aches from them because of the vent system. The only down fall is washing them because if the vent. Although I will take washing a bottle for a longer period of time rather than a upset baby with a belly ache.

Best bottle brand ever

from El Paso,texas

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
        • Convenient
        • Durable
        • Easy to use
        • Seals Well
        • Washes Easily

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I love using this brand is bottled. Since my baby is gassy this bottle works wonders. I have used it since he was born and will continue to use it as he grows .

Best bottle for colic hands down

from Kenner, LA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
          • Convenient
          • Durable
          • Easy to use
          • Seals Well
          • Washes Easily

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles:

I didn't use these bottles with my first 2 kids. My 3rd child, however, had really bad acid relux as well as colic and a friend suggested these. They cost more than most bottles but are worth every penny, especially if your baby has colic. Unlike other bottles, these come with these tubes. When bottle is helf in an upward angle, all of the air that's in the bottle(which causes.gas/fussiness) is pushed through the tube and is no longer in the liquid thats in the bottle so baby gets no air. No air =no gas for baby. No gas = happy baby and mama!
            *I did NOT receive any samples but had to choose that option to submit review.