Other Baby Bottles:

Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles

Pros

Cons

A great glass bottle!

We bought two sets of Evenflo's Cozy Glass Bottles-3 pack.  Five of these six bottles have held up well for one year and counting.  The silicone sleeves come in three different colors for each pack, and do a remarkable job of protecting the glass.  Once my daughter finishes with it, she pitches the bottle.  They have withheld hard landings on carpet, hardwood, and tile (when in the sleeve).  The sixth bottle met it's demise on the tile floor since I didn't have the cover on.

The silicone sleeve is slightly difficult to put on, but I leave them on for long periods of time (1-2 months) and just wash them with the bottle in.

The nipple is silicone and the slow flow version comes with each bottle.  Also included are nipple covers, nipple rings, and bottle caps.

The only con I've seen is that eventually two of our six nipple rings cracked.  I haven't been able to find replacements in the store, but I'm sure you could order them online.

The bottle necks are standard size and will fit any standard nursing pump.

All in all, I love these and won't use any other kind.

Safe and healthy, but a little heavy

Although I breastfeed our own daughter, we used these 8-ounce Evenflo glass bottles for our foster babies.  We were more comfortable using glass bottles because we did not have to worry about all the possible toxins and chemicals in plastic.  These bottles were easy to clean, and we sterilized them by boiling them in water in a pot.  The silicone nipples worked well, came through the boiling process without cracking or drying, and the fact that they are not made of latex was good to us, since many develop allergies to latex after repeated exposure.  The bottles included a cap to prevent spillage while traveling.  We had no problems with breakage or chipping of the glass; it seemed to be very sturdy.  We warmed the infants' formula by setting the bottle in a pot with warm water; setting the cold bottle in warm water in a metal pot as opposed to in plastic will conduct the heat and reduce the chance of the glass breaking due to the extremes in temperature.  The only downside to these bottles, for us, was the fact that they seemed very heavy and hard to hold up.  We did prefer Evenflo's 4-once size glass bottles because of this, but when the baby needed more than 4 ounces of formula, that was a problem.

Clean better than plastic

from Wapello, IA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Washes Easily

Cons

• breakable

• At Home
  • Feeding
  • Heating Milk
  • Milk Storage
  • Travel

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

I used these bottles with all of my kids because I wanted to avoid BPA and any other bad chemicals that might leach from plastic.
They clean really well in the dishwasher, which every mom of a baby needs :)
The downside is that they are breakable. I found them to be pretty sturdy though; they didn't break even when dropped on most surfaces, but concrete or hard tile will definitely make them shatter! As long as you leave some head-space they will freeze nicely if you are wanting to store breastmilk.
Overall, they were cost effective and I was happy with them!

Leaking bottles are not fun

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

I bought these when I was pregnant with my first daughter. I wanted to use glass bottles since they seem to be better than the plastic ones. I was quickly mistaken and went to the store to buy plastic.
These bottles leaked terribly. I felt like more was getting all over my daughter than in her stomach. I thought I was doing something wrong at first since I was a first time mom, but that was not the case.
These bottles were easier to clean than the plastic bottles, but that was the only advantage. I would not recommend buying these glass bottles for your baby, as all they do is create a leaky mess.

Child's Comfort
These bottles are small enough for a newborn and small baby, I do like the size so there is less waste of formula.

Leak Prevention
These bottles are terrible with leaking. I couldn't believe how bad they were.

These bottles are easy to clean and you can easily see how clean they are since they are glass. I liked putting them in the dishwasher to sanitize.

• Keeps Air Out:

One of the best bottles for me because it's glass.

from West Virginia

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

After reading about how damaging plastic can be and what types of chemicals can leach into the contents of plastic bottles, I decide to switch over to glass bottles. I was a little nervous about them being dropped but so far, no issues.

These glass bottles are fairly small and they have a small nipple on them. I really like the small nipple because it's easier for the baby to put in his mouth. The smaller nipple is also closer to my actual breast than some of the larger ones on the market. Another benefit of the small nipple is that it has a small release which keeps the baby from sucking too much milk through.

I feel like the glass bottles keep the breast milk warmer. I can pump and fill a few of these up and when I reheat them in the bottle warmer they seem to hold heat well. I can also stick these down into hot water or run them under scalding hot water without worrying about melting the bottle. I always like to get the milk somewhere between 60-80 degrees and these bottles are perfect for that.

I like that the nipples for these bottles are inexpensive. I can afford to buy new nipples more frequently. I've not had any bottles break (yet). They're fairly thick.

Child's Comfort
I don't think he likes the glass bottles as much as the plastic ones but they are a great comfort to me.

Leak Prevention
I haven't had any issues with this but sometimes the nipple is on a bit tight.

These are easy to clean with a bottle brush.

Keeps Air Out
The smaller nipple helps keep the air from back flowing.

The glass makes it harder to handle these because you have to be cautious about dropping them but they are great to have. They hold up well and I don't have to throw these out like I do my plastic ones. I don't worry about chemicals leaching into my milk with these.

Glass bottles

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

These are pretty decent bottles. Easy to clean, durable (especially for glass) and they last a really long time. You don't have to worry about them soaking in the milk smell or anything, which is great. I will say that if you're heating up the water in the microwave, inside the bottle, the glass heats up and the water does not. The nipple is long lasting and thick so it won't break or leak.

Not for a baby to hold

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

Held the warmth very well in my opinion and was SUPER easy to clean! I am an old fashioned person and loved the idea of having glass bottles, until one of them broke in the garage while my baby boy was rolling around in his Walker during a sale. I wouldn't recommend this product for babies that are learning to hold their own bottles. Not only because it is glass and will break easily, but it is also heavy.

Child's Comfort
Wasn't either of my children's favorite. To heavy and awkward. They did, however, seem to enjoy drinking from it when I was feeding it to them.

Leak Prevention
Not really made for that.

I will admit it was SUPER easy to clean! Loved the ease!

Keeps Air Out
Wasn't bad, but with both of my children suffering from gas reflux, we did eventually make the switch to a different brand.

Their glass. They will easily brake! I would only recommend using this if YOU are feeding your child. Do not let them use it for themselves unless they have a VERY firm grip and maybe on a carpeted floor.

• Keeps Air Out:

Stick with the classic bottle

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

The best bottle out there, most durable, and easiest to clean! I have tried many, but always go back to the classic evenflo glass bottle.

Child's Comfort
The only negative thing I can say about this bottle is that it is heavy. It took my kids a little longer to learn to hold it by themselves, however it does a great job of reducing colic, and I love that you can get any nipples you want to increase flow.

Leak Prevention
as long as you aren't holding it upside down for a while with a fast slow nipple, you're good to go! I have never had a problem with them leaking in the diaper bag. The lid is a great design.

This is the main reason I love this bottle. I can easily clean it, and quickly. I sterilize the bottles with boiling water and don't have to worry about the plastic taste getting into the milk or BPA.

Keeps Air Out
Great anti-coli bottle. I never had to worry about my kids getting gassy- at least not from the bottle itself.

These are incredibly durable. They have been hand washed, put in the dishwasher, carried around by a 1 year old, and carted all over for several years and I have yet to brake 1 of them. And they have been dropped numerous times. No broken bottles, scratches or chips!

love these bottles

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

I absolutely love these bottles. I prefer glass bottles over plastic because they are recyclable and don't contain harsh chemicals, and these are the best best glass bottles I've found for a decent price. I've never had a problem with them leaking. They have a standard size neck so you can use any reular size nipples with them, even different brands. They are a little heavy but my son could hold the 8oz size at 5 months by himself, so they aren't too heavy. They are super durable. I have dropped these bottles many times and they haven't chipped or broken. I would recommend anybody looking for reasonably priced glass bottles to buy these. I have used them since my baby was born. They come in 4oz and 8oz sizes, so you can use them for small babies and older babies. I really don't have any problems with them. They are easy to clean, and they hold up in the dishwasher just fine. The markings for oz and ml are part of the glass, so it doesn't rub off like on plastic bottles.

• Keeps Air Out:

Old-Fashioned makes a comeback...

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

After a generation raised on disposable plastics, it is good to see the old fashioned reliable items coming back into style. Environmentally friendly and safer than plastics, glass baby bottles were the choice long before plastic was around.

Child's Comfort
The bigger bottles are a little heavier than plastic, but if you are not one to just plop your baby in bed with a bottle, than that is not really a concern.

Leak Prevention
I have never had a glass bottle leak before, I don't see that as an issue.

These are very easy to clean, either dishwasher , handwashing or steam cleaning, these hold up very well to anything.

Keeps Air Out
I haven't noticed a problem if you make sure the baby is not sucking air by having it tipped at a wrong angle, otherwise it doesn't matter what bottle you are using.

VERY durable and not as easy to break as most people would assume since it is glass. I have dropped mine repeatedly and not broken them

• Keeps Air Out:

These bottles are a true classic sensation!

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles are a great value, and made by a tried and true company. Evenflo has been making baby bottles for years, and are an established, reliable company. I can always trust Evenflo for quality baby bottles. I love the glass baby bottles, as I feel they clean and sanitize very well and very easily. They are top shelf dishwasher safe, and the dishwasher sanitizes them very well, no worries about germs when cleaned this way, I believe, but of course, regular washing is fine, too, just follow directions on the package. Evenflo is an appropriate name for these glass baby bottles, as the stream of milk, formula, juice, or water, etc., flows evenly at a slow rate, so there is less gas for babies tummies. The nipples are very soft, and pliable, yet strong and sturdy, with a just right opening in the nipple, insuring your baby is getting just the right amount of fluid while drinking.

Evenflo Glass bottles Keeps Milk Fresh

Comments about Evenflo Classic Glass Baby Bottles:

Love this product. Great for storing any liquid for the baby.

Easy consumption.

Leak Prevention
Excellent no messy spills. Holds the liquid without any problem

The best some bottles holds so much germs if not cleaned properly, but these bottle are simple to clean.

Keeps Air Out
My baby has no colic or gas. Sleeps very well.

These glass bottles are a great bargain. I bought these two years ago.