3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Keeps Air Out:

Takes longer to wash, but more sanitary than plastic.

Dr. Brown's Glass Bottles are better, in my opinion, because I didn't have to worry about any chemicals from the plastic leaching into the milk.  They can be a pain to wash, but it's worth it if my baby is safer.  They can be washed in the dishwasher to completely sanitize.  I am very pro-breastfeeding, but since sleep is necessary for sanity I had to pump at times during my son's infancy so that my husband could feed him while I rested.  I felt like these bottles were the next best thing to all natural.  I would definitely recommend them to a friend.  You do have to take the top off of the bottles when warming the milk, however, or it will come up through the tube and spill over.  Not a big deal if you can remember anything while suffering "new baby brain"!  I did notice that the couple of times that my son used other bottles he had more gas and was uncomfortable.  The natural flow system works well to reduce bubbles!  One issue I had was that once he was able to hold his own bottle I was afraid he'd drop it, so I switched to the plastic Dr. Brown's bottles.  At that time I didn't know that you could buy rubber cases for the glass ones.  My son is now on sippy cups, but I will use these bottles for any future children and will get the rubber cases when that time comes!  = )

Too heavy for my Daughter

We purchased these bottles after we had already gotten the plastic ones. But it was during the time before the big BPA in plastic bottles ordeal so we returned the plastic ones and opted the glass. They seemed fine in the beginning, but then some small problems began.

First, the small bottles only go to 3.5oz and the large to 7 oz. That made scooping formula harder and we had to switch to the big bottle quite early. Also, the top didn't always screw on correctly so sometimes it would leak a lot and we would have to try to fix it while our daughter would be crying. Then as she grew older, she was never able to feed herself. The bottle was really heavy alone, and with the formula in it , it was way to heavy. Other glass bottles seemed lighter then these. The good thing about the thick glass was the fact that you could drop the bottles, the the sink and on the floor, and they never broke or cracked. A few times I thought we lost one but they were always fine. Another good thing was the air system inside it. It did seem to make my daughter not spit up or burp as much as other bottles.

I wish the plastic BPA free bottles from Dr. Brown had come out before my daughter was born, we may have to get those for the next baby.

Excellent Choice for Babies with Reflux

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

When I started bottle feeding my newborns, I was determined to skip Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles because there were so many parts to clean. However, once my child was diagnosed with reflux, I immediately went to the store and purchased these bottles. I chose the glass bottles because I felt that they would be more durable. We saw some instant improvement in the amount of air my child was getting during each feeding. And, overall cleaning the bottles wasn't really an inconvenience.

Child's Comfort
These bottles did provide some relief to my child when her reflux was the worst.

Leak Prevention
We never had any leaking issues with these bottles.

Cleaning does take a bit more time than some of the more traditional bottles. There are just more pieces. However, everything can go in the dishwasher which is helpful.

Keeps Air Out
YES! These bottles keep more air out.

The glass bottles are very durable. They held up great through two children in an eighteen month period of time.

Worth a try

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

I bought these bottles for my son who was very colicky and had a lot of stomach and feeding issues. Our doctor highly recommend these bottles for our son because of all the issues he had. One big downside to this product is that it is glass. We broke a couple of these when we were half a wake for late night feedings. This is also not a bottle for an older infant who holds their own bottle. It is not safe because of the glass. I would definitely recommend buying the plastic version of these. My son drank from these bottles fine. We did not have any leaks with these bottles. There are a few components to this bottle part wise. It takes longer to clean and and dry each of these. But the inside parts of the bottle are what helps the baby not getting gas bubbles. The bottles have held up very well as have the inside pieces to this product. I have noticed a difference in my sons stomach issues and gas problems since we used these bottles. I would recommend these to anyone who has babies with stomach problems but if they don't I would stick to a normal bottle.

a great invention.

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

I have a one year old and a ten year old. I didn't hear of doctor brown bottles until I had my one year old. I used the glass and plastic bottles. The glass were the best in my opinion. There are several pieces to the bottle. However it was worth the many pieces considering my daughter never has colic or any issues with gas on her stomach. I do wish they were less costly. But then to again. I did get my monies worth with thid brand of bottle.

• Keeps Air Out:

Expensive, not better than any others.

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

I have three children, and recieved these bottles from a friend prior to the birth of my first child about four years ago. The first thing I did was clean them which was very difficult. They have so many pieces, and the inserts for releasing the air are super thin. I had to use a pipe cleaner to clean them, as the insert that comes with some of the bottle cleaners was not long enough. After my children were born they all had a difficult time with Dr. Brown's nipples. They are very firm feeling, and my kids all leaked around the corners of their mouths when drinking from these bottles. At first I loved that these bottles were glass, but that becomes a huge problem once baby starts holding her own bottle! They do reduce the amount of air that a baby can drink, but it was in no way worth the time, effort, or money, when a fair number of other brands reduced air the same or nearly the same.

Great product

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

We tried many bottles with our child and this one worked best. We like having glass bottles because of the various issues with plastics. Plus I think glass is easier to heat on the go. This worked great for preemies too. This company even has preemie nipples for slower flow. Although they are harder to clean they are well worth it.

• Keeps Air Out:

Just ok for glass bottles

from Houston, TX

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

I chose these bottles specifically because they are glass and I was going to use them for both expressed breastmilk and formula. I didn't want the breastmilk getting stuck on the sides of the plastic bottles, which leech nutrients and fat. However, because the anti-colic or anti-gas mechanism in the bottles are obviously still plastic so these bottles are not good for expressed breastmilk. For formula they are pretty good. I also found that when heated up, the bottles leak during the heating process. Also, the nipples are not the best quality and can easily tear.

• Keeps Air Out:

Good bottle overall, although my daughter refused them

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

We had a set of Dr Browns bottles that we used with my daughter. She took them ok at first but then she started refusing them. She was breast fed and we were just supplementing with this bottle. For the short time that she did take them, she never had any gas/fussiness issues. She seemed to do well with the bottle until she refused it. These bottles do have a lot of parts to clean compared to traditional bottles. I probably would not buy again.

• Keeps Air Out:

The Greatest Bottles out there!

from Cleveland, Ohio

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

I am a new mom again. I have an 11 year old and a 9 year old and now a 4 month old. I used Dr. Brown right when they came out and it made a different with my second daughter since she had so many stomach problems. Now with my son it has been perfect and helps reduce colic.

Leak Prevention
The one thing that does bother me is how it leaks no matter how you try to tighten and use the correct colored inserts.

EXCUSE MY LANGUAUGE BUT "F" THIS BOTTLE & NIPPLES

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

I brought this bottle because my mother used glass bottles on me and my brothers and sisters and so I wanted to do the same with my first child.
Everything started out fine, my newborn daughter was drinking normal from Dr. Browns bottles and the nipples the package provided. Within one week I started to notice the nipples being sucked into the bottle while feeding my daughter. So much so I had to continously pull the nipple back into the top of the bottle which might I add made my daughter cry each time since I had to pull the nipple away from her mouth. The last straw for me was when the nipple got sucked all the way into the bottom of the bottle taking my 3mos old's bottom lip with it. My poor baby was left with a swollen fat bottom lip. She cried for hours from the pain. New moms!!!Please be aware of Dr.Browns glass bottles &nipples for it may cause major harm to your babies lips!!

• Keeps Air Out:

Not sure what all the fuss is about with Dr. Brown's bottles.

from norwood, OH

Comments about Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Glass Baby Bottles:

My baby is 7 weeks old, and to be honest, she doesn't like any bottle, but she will take one, if begrudgingly. She strongly prefers being breastfed, and I am usually happy to oblige. But sometimes I need to take a break, and so I pump, and my husband will feed her.

I was really hoping that she'd be more into this bottle than others I had tried, but no luck. It actually makes her gassier than the regular Medela bottles I use. She pretty much won't drink out of it, and spits about 1/3 of it up, while fussing the whole time. The nipple is also too stiff for her, making it difficult for her to get a good latch, which makes her MAD!

I do like that I can use the bottles with my Medela pump, though that's neither here nor there if she's not going to drink out of them.

Another thing I'm not crazy about (though, if she had ended up liking them, I would have dealt with it) is all of the parts that must be cleaned and you have to worry about losing.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed, and will not be using these.