Other Self Tanners & Bronzers:

Cons

Definite Orange Tinge

from Hartford, CT

Comments about NIVEA Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs, for Fair to Medium Skin:

I normally like NIVEA's products, but their Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs was not a hit with me.

First, it does work as a moisturizer, so it does sort of work. I have found that it seems to leave me slightly sticky after using it, which is annoying. I almost feel like I need to dry off after using it.

More problems arise with the color. It's orange. We're not talking Oompa-Loompa but it's not attractive and certainly not a color found in nature. It does not look like a natural tan.

I've also found that this tends to come off if you sweat a lot. I've discovered after a long, hot day that I've sweated off the color on the backs of my knees and there's a round, lighter patch. It's not amusing.

The other issue I have is that this does not have a very nice smell. It smells very chemically to me and that is not something I really want to have lingering on my skin after I'm done using it. It's just not attractive.

Overall, this has too many flaws to be truly useable for most people and I'd really recommend avoiding it.

Love it!

from TN

Comments about NIVEA Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs, for Fair to Medium Skin:

This is probably one of two self-tanners that I would use on a regular basis. NIVEA Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs give my legs a very pretty color. I during the winter time to keep some kind of color on my legs and also during the summer to enhance my tan to it's fullest. I love the color that I get with this lotion during the summer time. Along with giving a nice color this product leaves my skin soft. Also, it does not leave a greasy feeling on my skin, it absorbs really well. I would recommend this lotion to others to use year around to get the best color out of your tan in the summer and also to keep a tan during the winter time.

I am definitely impressed with the results of this lotion. It keeps my legs soft and also gives them the perfect amount of color without making them look orange.

Ease of Application
This lotion is very easy to apply. It has just the right consistency.

Longevity
The color from this lotion lasts for a while, but lasts longer the more you use it.

• Longevity:

I like it but it could be better, just sayin

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about NIVEA Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs, for Fair to Medium Skin:

This is really a tricky thing because to get the result of a natural suntan without the sun isn't easy. This product does work, but the side effects, orange hands, streaks on your legs, and it will fade pretty much if not used daily. But overall it is as good or better than the similiar products out there.

It does work, but not as well as I think it could. It will fade pretty rapidly. It will leave orange streaks on your legs if you do not rub it in throughly. But it will leave a nice tan to your skin.

Ease of Application
Goes on very easily and it will cover the area well if you follow the directions. You have got to be sure to wash your hands as soon as you finish applying the lotion.

But on the plus side this product goes on simply and covers the entire body and you willl not have to reapply after each and ever swim

i really did not notice that the scent was that much to shout about

Longevity
It looks good for the first few days bay af

does not last very long it will fade away within a few days if not used every day

• Longevity:

Fast acting, looks great!

from Hales Corners, WI

Comments about NIVEA Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs, for Fair to Medium Skin:

The price on this is a little spendy, but a little bit goes a long way! This tanning lotion is fast acting and doesn't require a lot. Your legs look nicely tanned, but not orange after using this lotion. Also leaves your skin feeling very smooth and helps you not have to shave as often.

Nivea Sun Kissed Beautiful legs "tans", but it's kind of orange

from Waxhaw, NC

Comments about NIVEA Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs, for Fair to Medium Skin:

I needed some moisturizer for very dry skin on my legs. Spring is here, and I love Nivea products, so I puchased Nivea Sun Kissed Beautiful Legs gradual tan moisturizer. I'v eapplied it three times. The moisturizing quality is good. I am not unhappy with that aspect of the product. There are two things that bother me about the tanning aspect. First, it has a strong, sunless tan smell. It is a distinctive scent that sunless tanning products seem to always have. And, my second objection is that the "tan" does indeed have orange overtones, and if you scrub at the skin, at your heels, for example, the color comes off. So this is good for a quick bit of color, but it won't look like the kind of tan you get from real sunshine.

Nivea Sun-Kissed leaves a color but it is not natural

from Roxboro, NC

Comments about NIVEA Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs, for Fair to Medium Skin:

I am very pale and do not tan easily.  Therefore, I use self tanning lotions in the spring and summer.  Normally, I use Jergens or Olay self tanning products but could not find them at the time. Nivea make good products so I decided to give their version a try.  Needless to say, I am very disappointed.  I purchased Nivea Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs, medium to fair skin.  There was an effect. My legs and arms did darken but the color was more orange than tan. It is not a natural look.  The color reminded me of the way the self tanning products worked many years ago when they first came out.

The Nivea Sun-Kissed I purchased also claimed to be shave minimizing. I cannot offer any opinion as to whether that part works or not because I only used the product briefly.  In my opinion, I would rather have pale legs that I have to shave than orange legs that I do not.  As a general rule I am not brand loyal but considering the failure of my last choice, I will remain brand loyal to the Jergens or Olay brands of self-tanners.

Natural-Looking Moisturizing Gradual Tanner for Legs

from Bangor, ME

Comments about NIVEA Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs, for Fair to Medium Skin:

I have very fair skin that is also extremely sensitive, so I was skeptical when I bought Nivea's Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs, but I was in for a happy surprise.  This lotion moisturized my incredibly dry legs, caused no allergic reaction, and gave my legs a truly natural looking tan.  Compared to other gradual tanners, it's relatively low in price and one tube lasts a really long time.  I love it and I plan to use it for the rest of my life, unless Nivea creates an even better product.