Other General Household Cleaners:

Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil

Pros

Cons

Cleans fingerprints and crayon marks

I have a daycare in my home, and the kids are always getting my wood table and cabinets dirty.  They sometimes get crayon marks on my wood table, and it is a continual battle to keep my home looking clean and pristine.

Murphy's Oil Soap comes in a 22 ounce bottle, and it is an orange color - it does have a slight citrus scent because it contains real orange oil.  The spray bottle works well, and this is an oily cleaner that spreads easily on a hard, sealed wood surface.

It cleans crayon marks and dirt off of cabinets and tables, and is a nice product to touch up other areas made of wood such as doors, railings, and wood furniture.  I have been using this for several years now and really like the job that it does cutting through dirt.

It will clean well, but it still takes some scrubbing or good old fashioned elbow grease on my part to get the job done.  I like this better than the spray style dusting poilishes, I feel it cleans deeper.  I highly recommend this, and our cabinet maker gave us his endorsement to use it on our custom maple cabinets.

Cleans wood well, even crayon marks!

A nice orange like scent, very nice to work with

Murphy Oil Soap is great for cleaning my kitchen cabinets

I have tried a few different products, trying to find something that will not harm the finish on my wood kitchen cabinets. Scott's Liquid Gold was a nice moisturizing product, but left a greasy residue and didn't actually clean the goop off of the cabinets, especially by the stove. Orange Glo smells really nice, but left something to be desired on the cleaning end also. Murphy Oil Soap really does a fantastic job of cleaning the worst of the greasy goop that accumlates on my cabinets and leaves the wood looking nice and clean and shiny with being greasy or oily. I love that they added Orange Oil to the product as it is such an excellent wood moisturizer and it smells wonderful as well. Murphy Oil Soap is a great product but I am dissappointed to learn that the company is not cruelty free. I have to admit that upon learning this, I cannot recommend it. I only hope that this will change as the product itself does work. Bummer.

Worked well on oak cabinets

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

When we moved into our house the previous owners left the kitchen oak cabinets pretty dirty. There were white stains all over one section like maybe the blender spewed something like cake batter all over them. There was also grease all over the other section because the hood doesn't vent outside. I had tried using a couple of other cleaners and nothing worked. I began to think we were going to have to replace our cabinets. Then, we used Murphy Oil Soap on them and washed them down. The stains and grease were completely cleaned off using this product. It was great. Our cabinets looked so clean. Since it worked so well on our cabinets, we used it on our front door and it cleaned it really well too. We were not really happy with the smell though. If you like a strong orange smell then you might like it, but it was too strong for our liking. Overall, we definitely recommend Murphy Oil Soap to clean your oak kitchen cabinets.

Great product for wood cleaning and adding a little extra shine!

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

I have used regular murphy's Oil soap for many years on my piano and have been very happy with is. I decided to try this product, I am always trying new stuff, and used it on the wainscoting in the dining room. I have to say I am very pleased with the results. After a few years of not being cleaned, the wood in the dining room was definitely ready for it! With small kids, it had really taken some abuse and was pretty grungy. The addition of the orange oil I think really helped cut through the grime and by the time I was done, the walls looked almost as good as new. I had put this job off for a while because I thought it would be more time consuming, but Murphy's did such a wonderful job and made cleaning a breeze. I will definitely be using this on other wood surfaces that need attention and will highly recommend it to others.

Has a little bit of that orange citrus smell that I personally don't care for, but I know the orange oil is what is making it such a super product that I am able to overlook it.

Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

Finding this Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil was a life saver for me and a real life saver for the antic china cabinet that was given to me by my neighbor. She gave it to me because it was one of the only things that was salvaged from a fire. The china cabinet was old wood and had some smoke stains on it and it had soot stains on it as well. I was not sure if I could save the china cabinet wood until I used this cleaner. It removed all of the smoke damage and it renewed the whole entire piece. It was amazing how well this cleaner worked for this china cabinet. I now use this cleaner as a touch up cleaner for my china cabinet and other wood furniture. It prevents dust build up and eliminates stains. This is the most effective cleaner I have used yet on my wood furniture. The orange oil in this cleaner smelled fabulous. It is one of my favorite scents and I enjoy smelling it throughout my home.

Murphy Oil Soap Wood Cleaner

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

I live in a beautiful home built in the early nineteen fifties. There is a lot of original hard wood work that was done in the house when it was built so to compliment this we've bought many wood furniture items. Also we have a wood burning stove that is in the same wall as two large built in wooden scrolled bookshelves it is a beautiful living room! However every spring when we have finished burning for the season it is necessary to clean all of the wood in the house. And spray on cleaners do not take the soot off or return it to the clean it needs to be so I can polish it all up! I love using "Murphy's Oil Soap Wood Cleaner" because it gets all of the black soot off of the wood but it's multi use so I run it over the bricks on the fireplace and it cleans them up too. I wish I could include a before and after picture. I use Murphy's to clean the picture frames around the fireplace the hearth and my fireplace itself.

I love it I won't use anything else to clean wood.

Very pleasing.

A must have in any home

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

My family have been using this product for many years and it is the only thing that my mother and grandmother will use to clean and care for any wooden items in our home

We have never been let down on the benefits and quality of this product

The scent of Murphy's is what you want for a clean smelling kitchen or any other area in your home

GREAT wood cleaner-strongly recommend

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

I use this on everything wood in my house and it is amazing! I moved into an apartment with old hardwood floors that looked awful. A little murphy's oil soap, mixed in a bucket was perfect. That was two months ago, and my floors still look great with just sweeping. They have so much more shine now. Also, the wood color is much brighter now. It also got out a lot more dust that just pine sol or sweeping had. It even helped with the entrance way, which had years and years of dirt ground in.
I also used this to dust all of my wood furniture. It is great at picking up dust and makes the wood look so much better in the process.
If you have any wood in your house, seriously, go get some Murphy's Oil Soap. It is awesome.

Great at cleaning a very wide selection of wood furniture, floors, walls, etc. Just read the instructions, and if in doubt (as with most cleaning products), test a small, unseen area first.

Very light scent, which is what I prefer. It does it's job and doesn't leave any weird odors nor strong unpleasant cleaning smells.

I really like this stuff!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

Murphy's Oil isn't some intense all purpose cleaner and it certainly isn't wood polish, so if you're looking to oil up your wood furniture this probably isn't for you. That said, it is a super gentle but effective wood cleaner, with other uses, too! My favorite application for this cleaner is on my cars interior. It gently cleans my dash, console, and all other auto interior surfaces, making them shine like new! I use it on the door handles, my gear shift, everything except the glass or clear surfaces. It makes my cars interior shine like new! It's also very good on my furniture, and I especially like to use to clean the hand rails down the stairs. Like I said, its gentle and it's not an oily polish, but it can be effective when used in the right circumstances.

Gentle but effective, Murphy's Oil Soap does have a lot of great uses around the house and especially in my car, but isn't maybe what you're looking for if you want something high powered. This just isn't that type of product. That said, it is definitely the best for actually cleaning more delicate surfaces, such as wooded furniture or car interiors. And it does give a shiny finish to some surfaces (like again, in the car).

It's a cleaning oil, so it's not heavily scented, but the fragrance is fine.

Multifunctional!

from Fresno, CA

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

This product has many uses! If you spray it on stains and wash it immediatly it will get most stains out from koolaide and orange soda to mud and grass stains!

Not only does this smell great and work wonders on wood furniture and floors, it works wonders in the laundry. Having 4 kids from age 20 down to 7 months, I can say this truely gets out 95% of the stains I have used it on(learned this trick from my mother in law 15 yrs ago!)

Clean and fresh smelling without overdosing you with scent!

Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner cleans & smells great!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

One thing I don't like about Pledge and other aerosol wood cleaning/shining products is that they leave my furniture with a weird feeling. I don't really care about that in regards to my bookshelves and similar furniture, but when it comes to my dining table, coffee table and side tables, I just want clean wood that shines, but doesn't leave anything behind. That, I have found with this Murphy Oil Soap product.

**Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil** both cleans and shines your wooden furniture. I was hesitant to buy it because the word "oil" in the name made me think it might leave my furniture oily or greasy feeling, but it doesn't at all.

Whether you need to clean grime off your wooden furniture or just want it to shine, I would highly recommend this product. I love its multi-use purposes and its great orange scent.

My three year old gets food stuck on our dining table all the time and all I have to do to get it off is spray this wood cleaner and wipe the food off. It works really well and leaves a great orange scent in the air. When I want to polish my furniture, Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil leaves it looking clean and with a natural shine, not a glossy finish that feels weird.

I love citrus scents, so I am really pleased with the fresh, orange scent this cleaning product has.

Cleans fingerprints and crayon marks

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Multi-Use Wood Cleaner with Orange Oil:

Cleans wood well, even crayon marks!

A nice orange like scent, very nice to work with