Other Sodas & Beverages:
Mountain Dew - Regular

Mountain Dew - Regular

Pros

Cons

I'm addicted to Mountain Dew!

I have never been a big fan of Pepsi or Coke for some reason, I've always preferred the citrus flavors of soda.  I can't tell you when I began drinking Mountain Dew but I can tell you why I still drink it all the time.

**The Taste**I didn't know this had OJ in it until I saw someone else's review.  Now I see that it is one of the main ingredients.  This does not really taste like OJ to me though.  I always thought it was a lemon - lime sort of flavor but I guess I was wrong.  It tastes refreshing and quenches my thirst which I can't say about Coke or Pepsi.

**Sugar**I'm a sugar addict more than anything else.  This drink has 46 grams of sugar which is quite a bit.  I have had Diet Mountain Dew before and I did not like it, the sugar is a must.

**Caffeine**One time a coworker said "I don't know how you can drink all that caffeine" while she sipped her daily cup of coffee.  So we did some research and found that there is 55 mg of caffeine in 12 oz of Mountain Dew where as coffee has 80-175 mg of caffeine in only 8 oz!  Even on the low end that is still way more than a can of Mountain Dew.  Although I do believe Mountain Dew has more caffeine then other sodas, it is still less than coffee so it works for me! I do try not to drink this daily since I don't want to be that caffeine dependent.

**Slurpees and Mixology**I take my love for Mountain Dew to the next level.  Almost every time I make a slurpee at 7-11, I put a little bit of Frozen Mountain Dew in there.  I like how I can mix Mountain Dew with various fruity flavors to produce a yummy slurpee.  Besides Slurpees, if I'm in the mood for a fruity drink, I will mix Mountain Dew with a fruity soda so I can get the best of both worlds - a caffeine kick and a fruity taste.

**The End!**You should not drink Mountain Dew every day, or multiple times a day, because that is a lot of sugar and caffeine.  However it is a great drink to have at parties, or for a weekly pick-me-up.  Enjoy!!

Want to bounce of the walls? Drink This!!

I first tried Mountain Dew about 20 years ago and the taste has never really left my mind. My sons mother would not drink any other soda but this stuff.    **My experience    **Although it was never proved by my sons doctor, he blamed Mountain Dew for my sons problem with ADHD. You see his mother (my ex) drank about a six-pack a day of this the whole time she was pregnant with my son. I never knew it would cause any problems so I never said anything about her drinking it.    The doctor did say that with almost twice the caffeine as other soda and more sugar that it can be harmful to the unborn child. I know whenever I have had it I get high as a kite and the sugar stays with you for hours. It just seems too dang sweet to me and at times has made me sick from the sugar intake.    About 10 years ago I found the best use for Mountain Dew and have been using it ever since. You see I am allergic to bees, so I bait traps with Mountain Dew. You can buy little traps that go in 2 liter bottles, the bees get in but they don't get out! Mountain Dew with its high sugar content is the perfect bait to use and a 12oz. can will bait about 6 traps.    I have also used it to baste a ham when I smoke it on the grill, the citrus and sugar does make a good basting method especially if you want a browned ham or other cut of meat. But as far as drinking it goes, Mountain Dew is not for me. As long as bees will flock to it they won't be stinging me and that is all I care about.    **Bottom Line    **As I said it was never proved to cause my sons problems but I would not doubt it in the least. Mountain Dew is nothing but carbonated sugar with a high dose of caffeine. If you know any woman that is pregnant please advise them not to drink this. If you need a good bait to catch bees, this is the product for you. This was an energy drink before they ever became popular.

Good soda

from Utah

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

Personally, Coke is my absolute favorite soda. But Mountain Dew ranks in the top five. Because it has such a high caffeine content, I try not to drink it too often, but I will splurge on it as a treat every now and then. I am particularly more inclined to have a Mountain Dew if I am driving on a long trip and need to stay awake. A friend and I flew into Salt Lake City together after a long flight delay. We were already tired, but we needed to drive to Nevada together and then he would continue on to California. In order to let him get some sleep before he drove on his own, I drove the first three and a half hours to my destination in Nevada. In order to stay awake, I relied on a few cans of Mountain Dew, and they did not let me down. I spread them out over the few hours, and I never had such a caffeine charge that I felt my heart race or jittery in any way. But the caffeine was enough to keep me alert and focused along the way. I use Mountain Dew for trips like this, but I don't keep it around the house to drink all the time in an effort to be somewhat healthier in what I drink.

Not so great

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

I had stopped drinking mountain dew a while ago. I absolutely love the energy it gives me and the flavor.. but my kidneys cannot take all of it. Mountain dew has been known to cause health problems, and after being in pain for a few days because of it, I can't drink it anymore.

disgusting

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

Mountain Dew is absolutely repulsive to me. It I the worst of the worst. I've always thought it was kind of gross, even when I was a kid. First of all, most sodas and snack foods have artificial coloring, but this stuff looks like either radiator fluid, or some kind of toxic goo from an alien spaceship. Nothing such an unnatural shade of fluorescent, yellowish green should ever be considered a beverage. It looks like it should glow in the dark. The taste is unbelievably sweet. It's so sweet it's nasty. My husband drinks it occasionally when we get fast food, and if I accidentally grab the wrong cup in the car it makes my stomach heave. I don't understand how anyone can like this stuff. I can't even tell what flavor it's supposed to be. I can't think of any fruit that even remotely tastes like this drink.

You got to love the dew......

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

While growing up our family drank nothing but pepsi. I would rather have mountain dew any day. The taste is addictive. The fizz is just right. Its the only soda that I can drink cold or warm. There is no better way to start the day for me than by popping the top on a can of mountain dew.

Addicting.

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

I am absolutely in love with this product. If I have to pick any soda to drink this is it, hands down. The taste is the best, and it doesn't stain teeth like dark sodas do. One bad thing about this soda is it contains a lot of caffeine, which is okay if you need a kick, but at night it is a terrible idea to drink it. Also, it is a Pepsi products so it is a rare find at restaurants.

Nectar of the gods!

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

This soda is AMAZING!!! It's sweet yet crisp, citrusy, and very refreshing. Perfect on a hot day!! There's nothing like the sound of a cold can of Mountain Dew opening! if you like the taste of sprite, then you'll most likely love Mountain Dew, it's extra fizzy though so be careful! Enjoy!!!

Disgusting.

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

Mountain Dew is a bitter and stomach clenching drink in one can. The pricing is way off for what it really should be priced. It has an odd smell to it. It is unhealthy and loaded with too much sugar. Offers no nutrients at all. Contains high fructose corn syrup. I do not recommend it.

Mountain dew is great to the taste and sweet going down.

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

Mountain dew has been in my life since I was little. If I had to choose a drink during the day at the store it would definitely be Mountain Dew. I have tried all the flavors and I actually can say I love them all but nothing compares to good old Mountain dew. The caffeine in Mountain Dew helps with my headaches also!

One of my favorite sodas

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

I used to drink a lot of this stuff, it was great back when I did not care about my health. I have basically quit drinking sodas all together, but if I had to pick one to drink until I was silly, it would be Mountain Dew. DEFINITELY the best tasting of all light sodas, but now that I drink a lot of water I can definitely feel the not so great side effects of it if I happen to partake in some Dew.. If you are a soda drinker however, DO THE DEW!

What to say about the Dew?

Comments about Mountain Dew - Regular:

I used to drink mountain dew all day until I started having stomach issues. The brominated vegetable oil they put to preserve the citrus flavor is dangerous and is basically a flame retardant. It can cause numerous health issues so I stopped drinking it all together and my stomach issues stopped immediately. Use caution when drinking.