4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Coca- Cola Zero: Similar Taste to Coke Classic without Calories

I consume more soft drinks than any other beverage and nine times out of ten, the soft drink in my glass is something sugar free and calorie free. I prefer Coca- Cola products to other soft drinks and one of the favorites in our household is **Coca- Cola Zero**, a zero calorie soft drink.

**Diet Soft Drink Commentary:**

Coca- Cola Zero is similar to other diet colas in appearance. It has a dark- brown color and its body is see- through, but not by much. Coca- Cola Zero is also very well- carbonated and hundreds of tiny bubbles can be seen and felt with each sip.

Coca- Cola Zero contains no actual sugar, but it has a taste that is sweet in nature nonetheless. Like Coca- Cola Classic, one can detect flavors like very light nutmeg/cinnamon, a small amount of caramel, and a touch of citrus. There is little aftertaste, which is an often- mentioned disadvantage with diet colas, and Coca- Cola Zero is refreshing all the way through, with a taste that is very similar to regular Coke.

Coca- Cola Zero ranks as one of my favorite diet soft drinks and it is the brand most often purchased for consumption in my household. Coca- Cola Zero is one of three diet Coke products available to the public (not counting the flavored varieties, like Diet Cherry Coke): Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Splenda, and Coca Cola Zero. I drink each of them on occasion, but Coca- Cola Zero ranks as my favorite of the three and the reason should be obvious to anyone who tries it: Coca- Cola Zero tastes the most like regular Coke. Diet Coke has been around for a long time and I consume it regularly, but the problem with Diet Coke is that it is not a diet version of Coca- Cola, like many falsely believe.  Diet Coke is actually manufactured using a completely different recipe and this is why it tastes so different from The Real Thing. Coca- Cola Zero, on the other hand, attempts to mimic the taste of Coca- Cola and while it doesn't produce a perfect match, it is the closest zero- calorie version of Coke one can buy. Many have tried to say that the taste is exactly like regular Coca- Cola but unless my taste buds are even further advanced than I think, it is pretty easy to tell that Coca- Cola Zero is not Coca- Cola Classic.

Since Coca- Cola Zero does taste similar to regular Coca- Cola, it has one other distinct advantage: Its use in mixed drinks. Add some rum or some Jack Daniels and you will have a lower calorie version of the standard drink that tastes close enough to the original that no one will notice. I have had Coca- Cola Zero with whiskey and while I know that regular Coca- Cola makes a better mixed drink, Coca- Cola Zero tastes close enough that I don't mind the difference.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

** **

Coca- Cola Zero is a very tasty diet soft drink and it easily ranks among my favorites. I like it better than Diet Coke or Diet Coke with Splenda and it makes a great mixed drink that helps eliminate some of the guilt associated with the high calories found in regular colas. It contains no nutritional value and it does contain Aspartame- an ingredient that has been suspected to cause some health problems.  But taken in moderation, there should be nothing to worry about and the great refreshment with Coca- Cola Zero, combined with the Coca- Cola flavor, makes it one of the best diet colas you can buy.

Will satisfy my coke craving but doesn't taste exactly the same.

I grabbed a **Coke Zero** from the fridge at work because it was free and I figured I'd try it to see if it's any good.  It turned out not to be so bad tasting, but there are other reasons why I don't think I'll drink this again.

**Taste**It does taste ALMOST like regular Coca-Cola.  The keyword there is ALMOST.  This product would not fool me because I love the super sweet taste of regular coke.  I've been drinking coke slurpees all my life and I can't be tricked!

**Good Health Benefits**This is a big plus, there are no calories and no sugar which is very unique of any soda.  It means that I don't have to worry about the sugar highs and low I get from regular coke, and I don't have to worry about the weight gain that comes from too much sugar.

**Potential Health Negatives**I don't think I have that rare disease I've read about that makes it unsafe to drink phenylalanine, one of the key ingredients in this, but it still worries me.  I'd rather drink all natural coke with all natural sugar than fake sugar anyday.  In my everyday life I NEVER use Nutrasweet or other sugar substitutes, I ALWAYS grab the real sugar packets.  Real foods may be less healthy as far as weight gain, but in my mind they are more natural and the body can process them better.

**Overall**I am not a doctor, nor did I speak to one, so if you are concerned then talk to a real doctor.  I've read articles that say the ingredient is perfectly safe and other articles that say to stay away.  I just cannot recommend this product based on the chemical ingredients used.  I'd rather drink regular coke, which tastes better, and go run a few miles to lose the calories than drink something with zero calories and have to worry about the health risks.  Yes it can satisfy my Coke craving, but no I'm not going to try it again.  You decide!!

Addictive Taste, but Slight Health Implications

from Gainesville, GA

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Energizing
  • Great Taste

Cons

• Sports
    • Whenever
    • Work

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

I love Coke Zero, I drink it all the time. It is especially helpful when I try to stay awake on long drives in the car, and right before a big exam. The only consequence and negative aspect is that typically after drinking Coke Zero, I experience slight diarrhea. This is not a huge concern of mine, -/ I continue to drink Coke Zero everyday, despite these happenings.

Not a Replacement for Diet Coke

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

Okay, call me crazy, but I actually ENJOY the taste of Diet Coke. Of course it doesn't taste like "real" Coca Cola, because it is NOT "real" Coca Cola.

Well, when a good friend told me I needed to try Coca Cola's new product Coke Zero because it was the best thing since sliced bread, I had to give it a try. I mean, who does not want more zero calorie delicious beverage options?

I was very impressed! Keep in mind, it does not taste like Diet Coke or "Real" Coke, it has it's own distinctive flavor. My main praise for it's flavor comes from the point that it does not leave the artificial sweetener "after-taste" like Diet Coke. The after-taste has never bothered me, but I definitely noticed it's absence in Coke Zero.

One final note. Just because Coke Zero has zero calories and zero grams of sugar does not mean that it is healthy for you. It still has carbonation which is no good for your digestive track, preservatives and undisclosed "natural flavors." So, enjoy in moderation and you should be fine.

Not the best Coke product out there.

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

I love Diet Coke so I thought I'd give Coke Zero a try. I did not like it at all! It tasted very syrupy and too much like the regular Coke, which some people may like, but the reason I like Diet is not because of the calories, it's because the taste isn't as strong. All in all, I would not recommend this drink. I thought it was gross.

Coke Zero Is Great

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

This product allows me to consume the amount of soda that I like without all the calories. In addition, it has a taste that is equal to or better than even the regular Coke. I don't have the guilt I used to experience when consuming soda. Anyone who drinks a lot of soda should try Coke Zero if they haven't already

perfect when on a diet

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

I started drinking this zero calorie soda when I started my calorie counting diet. It quickly became my go to drink when I missed soda . Just remember do not make it a habit , it is still soda just minus the calories and with a lot more salt and sugar. So it's still bad for you just know how to not exaggerate your in take. I usually only had one once a week at most. It has an enjoyable taste , I could taste the difference but not to the extreme like other diet sodas that taste like they have no flavor. I would recommend this soda for people who are starting a diet , trying to reduce the other sodas intake amounts , And those who want to just try a new soda or a bit healthier life style. You will taste the change but then you will feel like the whole calorie soda is the one that tastes weird. That's what happened to me. Now I just drink zero calorie sodas and I don't Miss the others. It feels good to know you will not gain any calories when you're on this specific diet.

I am q huge fan of coke zero

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

I love every flavour associated with coke zero. There is this joy I always feel when I drink coke and if I have not had it for a while I always feel like something is missing. I love coke zero because it has zero calories. It is a nice drink for anyone watching weight. I drink it whenever I can even at social gatherings.

Bad headaches

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

I was surprised at first about how good coke zero tastes. It just about tastes like regular coke..even sweeter actually. I drank a 32 ounce fountain coke zero and about an hour I got a bad headache. I didn't think much about it but the headache lasted all day! Then 2 days later I got another 32 ounce coke zero and again I had a headache all day long. I then began to wonder if it was the coke itself or the aspartame in it. In any regard I quit drinking it.

Tastes like it should.

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

My biggest problem with diet drinks is that they often taste far off from the original version. That is not the case though with Coke zero, which tastes almost identical to regular Coca-cola. This drink is great for helping me to watch my figure while also still offering me the caffeine I need to get through the day. The best part is it costs the same as the original!

Great without all the calories!

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

This type of Coke is really good. It also makes drinking it much better because you're not worried about all of the calories, and it has the same taste as regular Coke in my opinion. Also, it's much better than Diet Coke because it tastes better, and it doesn't have all the health risks associated with it.

Tasteful Heaven

Comments about Coca-Cola - Coke Zero:

I thoroughly enjoy Coke Zero because it has zero calories but tastes very similar to the original product I fell in love with... COKE. The only issue I have with the product itself is that the price is rather expensive compared to off brand sodas. I know that I shouldn't drink sodas and have quit drinking them all together before. I decided to give Coke Zero a try and loved it.. but if the price rises- I will not be a Coke Customer anymore. Keep the product out on the market- it is quite delicious, but... keep the price at a low for more people to get a hold of it. I know the company doesn't lose any profit. Great product, delicious, and will keep buying it as long as it fits my budget. Thanks Coke for a tastey and low calorie drink.