View more cell phones

Motorola
EM330
Motorola ROKR Cell Phone

Motorola ROKR Cell Phone

The MotoEM330 has good features and great receptions so far.

I just got the Moto Em330 5 days ago.  I use to work for cingular so I am very familiar w/cell phones.  I had a samsung before this one and it broke in 2 peice so i had to get a new phone and after looking on line it had the best price for the best features that I wanted..1.3 mega pix, fm radio, spot for extra memory, bluetooth, mp3 player, and mirror. lol the mirrors is not a must..

So far the pro's are:  The camera is good for a cell camera.  I like the color of it its different.  It feels very light but durable I already dropped it on concerete and it didn't hurt it.  The front blacks out and its like a mirror which for us girls you can never have enough mirrors.  You can have specific rings for different people.  The menu's are very easy.  Its pretty load w/old phone had trouble hearing people this one can hear fine without having them repeat it. So major plus on that. Long battery life.  I can go 2 1/2 to 3 days without charging it.  So thats really cool.

So far the con's are:  With my samsung I could I could hit the up key and it would take me into writing a text message.  This phone the closest you can get it Message area where you can read or write text messages.  I liked before having just one button.  Also when it comes to that I use to be able to hit the middle button as a select key but that will take you to an additional menu so you have to hit the left soft key button.  Its not that theys are that bad just have to adjust and then it will be no big deal.

Well this is all i have for this phone right now.  Like i said only have had it 5 days and so far i like it quite well.  I am diffenatly going to keep it.

I hate you, I hate you...

This phone is my nemesis.  After breaking my Razr I didn't have a choice in a cell phone, I didn't think I was going to like it, but I went in with high hopes.  It didn't take long for them all to come crashing down.  I live in a rural area, I rarely had problems with reception with my Razr.  With the m330 I have to sit in the exact right spot in my house to keep reception, and forget about sending and receiving picture messages!

The phone is made of lightweight plastic.  The surface is shiny and mirrored and the buttons are plastic circles - it really looks like something my one year old daughter should be playing with.  Plus it not only looks like it should be a kids toy, but it feels like one with how light it is.  Some may see this as a pro I suppose, but to some degree I would at least like to feel like my phone is going to stay intact if it falls off the couch arm!

I constantly have problems with the MP3 player starting up.  I thought I had figured out how to lock the buttons, but I was wrong.  You can't assign MP3's to rings (which seems to be the norm) but it still frustrates me when you have an MP3 phone and still can't do it.

I consider myself pretty tech savvy - friends and family will call me for help at least once a week with technical computer or electronic gadget issues, but for the life of me I can't figure out if theres a way to change the settings on the text messages so I can use the predictive text by default.  I have to change it every time I go to send a message.  Being in the midst of undergoing LEAN training, this frustrates me to no end.

If you enter multiple phone numbers for your contacts, they're stored as separate entries in the list - you can't select the contact and then pick the number - I have 4 copies of "Mom" on my phone.

You can start to type in the name of a contact to jump to them, but you have to time it JUST right - if you go to type a second letter in the name, like the "O" in "Mom" it'll skip to the O's if you don't do it just right and there is no blinking cursor to tell you when you should and shouldn't continue typing.

The screens on the phone are tiny, I struggle to read my messages - if I get a picture message I have to email it to myself half the time to tell what the picture is even of.

The radio is about the only nice feature that I can think of.  Well, that and the fact that it takes a Motorola charger, and we have plenty of those around the house.

The MotoEM330 has good features and great receptions so far.

from Raymond, IL

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

This Motorola EM330 phone is incredible!

from Alexandria, IN

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

**This phone is used by my husband mostly, as a work phone. He has dropped it several times, it has scratches all over it, and recently he broke the hinge that holds it together. We super-glued it back together, and it still works like new.I would definitely recommend motorola phones of any kind!**

I love my Motorola EM330 cell phone!

from Alexandria, IN

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

I love my phone because it has great sound and video. The camera takes good clear pictures, and video. I would recommend this phone to anyone. It has a calculator, address book, stop watch, and several other devices that make life easier.

Motorola EM330 Phone - Not even worth it free

from Walkersville, MD

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

This phone was chosen as an upgrade to a phone I already had. It was a free phone and I needed only a very basic phone. This phone is horrible! I am not happy with it at all. Even though it was free, I cannot wait to be able to upgrade again.

The first major problem with the phone is that the latch on the back panel to the battery is so flimsy. I have dropped the phone only to have the very thin back panel open and spread the phone, battery and panel all over the place. I try to be very careful with the phone, but dropping it can happen.

Another major problem...the phone doesn't always ring or vibrate when someone calls. A few days ago, my husband called 4 times and it did not vibrate and I had no missed calls. The phone was on the table, not in my pocket which I know I may not always feel the vibration.

I find the volume to not be very good. At the highest speaker volume, there are many times I can hardly hear others on the phone. I also hear myself echo in  the phone and that is the most annoying thing. I don't need to hear my words come back to me. This happens often.

I will also place calls and all I get is silence, no ringing. Then the bars go from full to none in an instant (I know that some of this can be the phone provider). I have had many times the phone has said connected without being able to hear anyone. Then I get the many times I hit the button to call and I wait for a ring only to find out that the phone is back on my wallpaper, I guess never having made the call.

The battery has also never preformed as promised. I have had many times of low bettery without having really used the phone that much. I have also had the phone get hot and not let me make calls.

The phone does have the basic things like calendar, calculator, stopwatch, timer, and a clock. However the front of the phone is so shiny that I cannot see the clock in the sun. I hate having to open the phone to see the time, when I should be able to see it from the outside.

Motorola ROKR EM330 Cell Phone is my last choice for cell phone.

from Hot Springs National Park, AR

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

While this phone doesn't look too bad, it does has a major flaw that made me vow to make sure I never get a phone like this again! The volume buttons (among others) is located on the side of the phone. When I hold the phone in my left hand and open it with the right, it changes the volume on the phone. It also changes it from ring to vibrate and back again. Of course I never check after each use to make sure the settings are reset to the correct levels, so quite often I don't even hear it ring. It is very frustrating and makes this a better paper weight than a phone.

like a toy

from Santa Monica, CA

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

This phone is cheap and not in good quality. The good thing about it is the sound quality is not bad. But the radio has a lot of noise. You can barely get one or two signals. The worst thing is that  the shell is plastic and breaks very easily. One hinge broke after only 2 month of use. I glued it back and half a year later it is no longer working. I have to admit that I drop the phones to the hard places sometime. But none of my previous phones broke into pieces. But one day the upper part of this phone just fell off. So now I have a phone without a screen. I am upset at the at&t services since they told me they can not repair it because of the stick at the back is in a color showing the phone has been in a moisture environment. But I believe that is not the reason why it broke. It's a plastic. How can some water vapor make a plastic more easily to broke? I really won't recommend this phone to anyone. The quality is too bad. Even for a cheap phone, I believe you have other better choices.

The Motorola ROKREM330 is compact, rugged, and efficient.

from Tuckerton, NJ

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

I've had this Motorola for about a year and it has been exposed to all the North East weather conditions imaginable. To name a few; sub zero winter, monsoon like spring, and a scorching summer. This phone has never failed me. I like to keep in touch with my kids who prefer to send and receive text, for this it's excellent. I spend a lot of time out doors and this Motorola is small enough to fit in any pocket, rugged enough to keep up with my pace and it's long life battery has never left me with out the ability to keep in touch.

The Motorola EM330 is a pretty good phone.

from Westminster, SC

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

I first acquired a Motorola phone about a year ago. I was changing from my previous service provider, which was Verizon. I am now with ATT. The phone I had before the Motorola was a Samsung. I was a good phone, but the Motorola is so much better. It has good reception, so I very rarely have a dropped call. The phone was free when I signed up, so that was great. I was a bit skeptical about this new phone and wondered if I had made the right decision taking my business elsewhere. After using the phone and checking out is features, I realized that I had indeed made the right choice.I has a one point three megapixel camera. I can get on the internet through it, as well as instant messaging and texting. I don't text very often so that feature is not used much. I do like to check my email occasionally, it is nice to be able to do that at will. So to everyone who is thinking about using a Motorola phone, I say it is okay to do so, with no regrets.

Hinge breaks easily; front screen unreadable in normal light.

from Mountain View, CA

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

Do not buy this phone, Motorola EM330.  The hinge is made of thin cheap plastic and easily breaks.  Many reports of this problem on the net; happened to my phone.  Search "em330 broken hinge" to appreciate the scope of the problem.  It is amazing that Motorola has such a poor design and that ATT sells it!

The front screen is unreadable outdoors, even in the shade.

The idea of a combined music player/phone is good, but the execution stinks.

Motorola EM330 is GREAT

from Ocala, FL

Comments about Motorola ROKR Cell Phone:

Motorola EM330 has digital zoom camera 4x. It is video capable, FM radio access, MP3 music player, great audio quality with bass boost and preset  user adjustable equalizer.  Weighs 1.3 ozs., color compatible, GSM Triband 850/1800/1900, GPS/Edge class 10.  3.77" high x 1.95" wide x .68" deep. It is capable of 7.5 hours usage time and 10 days standby time, Tet messaging, instant messaging, stereo bluetooth technology with hearing compatibilty and 3.5 connection, with mini USB port, with data transmission rate.  Java console with MIDP 2.0, 14 MB of memory, and 2 GB of remobable memory.. 4 Way navigation with center select tool, touch sensitive keys for playing music with flip closed, dedicated music control volume keys.  Speakerphone ability with noise reduction, and a variety of ringtone formats.  I am a devoted Motorola user.  i have owned Motorola phones for more than 10 years and the Motorola EM330 Titanium is by far the best.  I use my phone daily, best quality and clear reception.  Great reception even in super stores made with steel beams, sometimes they interfere, but not with this phone.  I highly recommend purchasing this phone.