4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

The Best!

Need a great vacuum cleaner that will pick up everything? This one is the best. We bought it in 2000 when we were about to buy a big home with carpet and ceramic tile and stairs. I wanted an upright because I didn't want to have to drag something behind me. My husband found this one and just one demonstration in the store and I was so hooked I convinced my parents to get one too.

The suction strength of this one is amazing and it picks up EVERYTHING! This vaccum is designed so nothing ever touches the motor. All the dirt that gets sucked goes from hose to bag and is completely contained away from the motor - so no stinky air as you go! No fear off the paperclip breaking the motor. Get something sucked up it? open the little valve in the handle and you can pull out most items with ease.

The suction is so strong, you don't have to be on top of something to suck it up and once  over is all it takes.

The cansiter is light enough it isn't a problem to pull behind and easily sits up so doing stairs is easy!

Oh, and no need to be bagless (where all that dirt and dust can get into the air as you try to dump it in the trash. This vacuum has a brilliantly designed bag that actually slides closed as you remove it! Everything is neatly contained and easy to remove.

I would never buy anything but a miele! Every. And after 10 years of use and going strong, I don't think I'll need to get one for a while.

Maneuverability
One of the best features! The vacuum head rotates on the rod so smoothly and well, you can lay the rod completely flat and go under any furniture as long as the vacuum head will fit. Never need to move furniture to vacuum! Very easy to pull along, plenty of length in the cord.

Ease of Maintenance
Have never had any problems with this vacuum. We have had it 12 years+! Just replace the filters and bags regularly.

Suction Performance
Has very strong suction on or off carpet. It will eat a rug if you aren't careful! But there are great features to lower the suction when needed. I regularly vacuum the children's alphabet foam mat that fits together like a puzzle with removable letters and on a low setting it picks up all the dirt and none of the mat.

I have a medium length cat and on the tile floor, it will suck hair and dust bunnies from 3-4 feet away. So cool to see them running to the vac!

Versatility
You can take the vac anywhere and transition from carpet to vinyl, to tile to wood without a thought.

just look at it, it's beautiful. Very cute, easy to work with and comes in lovely colors.

12+ years and still sucking! I mean the good vacuum kind of sucking :-) Only vac I would ever own.

The Miele S 2010 bagged canister vacuum is FAIL.

Well i'm going to be frank. If you love noise and a bad vacuum that leaves lots and lots of dirt behind with having to bend over and hurt you back this product is for you! If your not into a lot of noise and making a job seem hard do not buy this product. Sure it is cheap and at least it does a little something. If you are a lazy kicked back person that will vacuum for a small ammount of time and rarely go for it. If you are the person that likes to be neat or orginized this vacuum will take that out of you or make you very depressed because you will throw it away, put it in a closet or in the sheed/garage for the rest of the century before everything gets leveled to the ground, or buy another vacuum or even a broom... Why do i write this review as i do? it is because i am the person who likes the quality of the work. most people like things because of the color or the price. I am not like that.

My Buddy For Years!

Comments about Miele Canister Vacuum:

I've had this for many years, and it's lasted well. I like the design of it because of the skinny handle it's easy to use. I don't do too much vacuuming, to be honest, but this does help me. I have used this on wood floors, as well as carpet. Its suction is good and picks up hair nicely.

Best Vacuum Cleaner out there

from Twentynine Palms, CA

Comments about Miele Canister Vacuum:

This vacuum cleaner is the best vacuum cleaner I have ever used, and believe me, I have used my fair share. One issue I have always had is that upright vacuum cleaners are too heavy for me to maneuver, as I had back surgery and lifting has become an issue for me. Most canister vacuums I have used also have a heavy brush attachment for carpet, or they are not strong enough and do not suck up any dirt. This vacuum cleaner is different. It is lightweight, the attachment it comes with can be used on carpet as well as tile or hardwood and does a great job on both. It also comes with several little attachments for vacuuming curtains, the car or other hard to reach places. On top of everything the filters are hepa filters and are great for allergic individuals and/or people suffering from asthma. I can only recommend this vacuum cleaner.

• Versatility:

Miele is outstanding quality--worth the investment!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Miele Canister Vacuum:

My wife and I purchased our first Miele vacuum not too long ago. We had a cheapo vacuum before, which worked ok, but living in an apartment with carpet we really felt the need for a high quality vacuum to remove dust and allergens. After a lot of research we decided on a Miele canister vacuum. I was not as familiar with this type of model or used to it, but so far it has been great. It is expensive, but the quality is very good--suction, power, removing things from the air. You can even add a HEPA filter if you want to, which is a plus. The canister type vacuum makes it versatile and easy to reach high and low, as opposed to a bulky or heavy upright. If you have enough to invest in a really good vacuum this will not disappoint!

Versatility
Excellent for multiple surfaces, easy to get around to different rooms (lightweight!)

Looks a little scuffed up after heavy use, but still works fine

The Best!

from Lewisville, TX

Maneuverability

Ease of Maintenance

Suction Performance

MIELE REALLY SUCKS

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about Miele Canister Vacuum:

**I HAVE GONE THRU A FEW VACUUM CLEANERS. THE BEST ONE FOR ME WOULD MOST DEFINETELY HAVE TO BE THE "MIELE". ONE IS ABLE TO CONTROL THE SUCTION SPEED. IT HAS FIVE CONTROL SETTINGS. FROM BARE FLOOR TO HEAVY DUTY SUCTION. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VACUUM TO ANYONE. THE BEST PART IS ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO SPEND A BUNDLE.**

This Miele s2 vaccum is amazing!

from Canton, NC

Comments about Miele Canister Vacuum:

I have always bought cheap little upright vaccum cleaners and have found myself replacing them yearly.  My husband gave me the Miele s2 for Christmas and I thought great now I get to deal with a bag vaccum with now suction.  However, I used it on my carpet and hardwood and it sucked the dust and dirt out of the cracks of my hardwood.  As I vaccumed the carpet I continually heard it picking up.  The noise level was GREATLY reduced.  I could actually hear my kids talking to me while I was cleaning.  I love the attachments that enabled me to clean everything from the baseboards and edges of the floor to the stairs and furniture.  The machine itself is alot lighter than my previous uprights which made it easy to move fromt he first floor to the second floor of our home.  I assumed that the bag would fill up quickly and I would become irritated with that, but it is very roomie and held lots.  I also loved the retractable cord.  It made it easier to manage as I cleaned and made putting the vaccum aeay quicker.  I don't believe I will ever need another vaccum!

I really love Miele's Olympus!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Miele Canister Vacuum:

The Miele Olympus is an awesome canister vacuum cleaner. I needed to replace my older upright, which was okay, but useless on the hardwood and tile in our house (only our living room is carpeted). After doing a lot of research and talking to vacuum repairmen, I knew I wanted a canister with a bag, since apparently bagless break more and are less efficient in filtering. We ordered our Olympus online for a great price and I COULD NOT Be happier. The main attachment has two settings, one for hard surfaces and one for carpet, which is standard, but the vacuum itself, also has variable power settings for different needs, which is amazing, honestly. I can pump up the power for our plush carpet and turn it down when I use the furniture attachment to get pet hair off the couch (which it does PERFECTLY), so that it doesn't get stuck on the sofa. The head swivels to get all corners and under furniture and the cord retracts when you press one of the foot levers. No more winding the cord after I vacuum. In addition the cord doesn's get stuck in mid-retraction like my iron with retractable cord - it always goes up smoothly and quickly. Finally, the Olympus is super quiet. I have no qualms running the vacuum while my baby is sleeping and while my dog still doesn't love when I vacuum, he no longer runs and hides from it. The cord could be a little bit longer, but that's it. Altogether, this is an amazing product and I see no reason to spend any more, since this bottom of the line Miele is pretty miraculous all on its own!

Miele S 2120 Vacuum makes me like to vacuum!

from Bingen, WA

Comments about Miele Canister Vacuum:

I love this vacuum!  It is lightweight but has a very powerful suction that picks up everything!  I like the fact that it is quiet enough that I can still talk to my kids or husband while vacuuming without having to yell at the top of my lungs.  It is versatile and easy to maneuver most of the time.  There were a couple of places where I thought it was a little awkward but nothing that was major.  It took me some time to get used to the canister vacuum after having an upright for so long but I love it!  It was very easy to assemble and the dustbags and filters were already inside.   I have 2 dogs, 3 cats and 3 small children and I am happy to say that this vacuum picks up all the animal hair, dust and dirt and food left around my house, whether it is on the tile, carpet or hardwood floors. I have had no problems with it working on any of those surfaces.  This vacuum is more expensive than those you would find at Wal-Mart but well worth the price!

Miele S 2120 too expensive for the cleaning it provides

from Monument, CO

Comments about Miele Canister Vacuum:

Nice vacuum.  I had always heard that this brand was great, but I found it to be just okay for the money.  I think there are brands that offer equal or better cleaning with more convenient accessories for much less money.

Th'ey need to up date vacuums better for older woman

from Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Comments about Miele Canister Vacuum:

I will go on line time and time again to find sales if you check what you looking for soon or later you will fine it cheep sometimes lower then what you thought you would fine it. I only started doing this in the past year and a half since mom passed away. I use to not care what I paid for some thing but I found out the hard way it better to look for the cheep thing they are just as good as costing more. Thank you mom. I am not very good at these thing I hope to get better with it soon