View more video game consoles

Other Video Game Consoles:
Microsoft
XGX-00055
Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console

Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console

Pros

Cons

• Controller Comfort:

The XBOX 360 is a powerful game system that will not dissapoint.

I don't usually upgrade to the latest game console immediately after the release, but when I heard that XBOX was dropping a new platform I put it on pre-order. I had so much fun with the first version of this game system that I HAD to try out the latest. I was not at all disappointed. The graphics have gotten better. The ability to use wireless controllers is wonderful. The on-line play is phenomenal. I can honestly say that I've never owned a better game system in my entire life. There is a huge variety of games for all types of players whether you prefer to play FPS (First person shooter), RPG (Role playing games), puzzles, or Action/Adventure; there is a game on this system for you. I can admit that the "RROD" (red rings of death) can be frustrating, but Microsoft has been diligent in correcting the problems and standing behind their product. I've lost my fair share of xbox's to the problem, but the only thing it's cost me is time. I've owned just about every console that's ever been released and I have to say that Microsoft has my loyalty eternally.

Fairer price but still not the best console

My brother recently purchased an xbox 360 arcade. He used to own a different version of xbox 360, but he got the red ring of death and never bothered to get that fixed. Eventually he just decided to buy a new one. Anyways, the xbox 360 arcade can do basically anything the normal xbox 360 can do except it has a much smaller hard drive. Considering the change in price, I would recommend the xbox 360 aracade over the normal xbox 360 still. I am not blown away by any of the features of the xbox 360. I think there are better systems on the market. The only real advantage the xbox 360 and xbox 360 aracade has over the other systems is the xbox exclusives. I think xbox has some of the best exclusive games on the market (like Halo.) Most xbox exclusives are also available for pcs on the computer though so I have not found it a necessity to own any version of xbox 360. I do think the graphics are amazing however and is easily has the best from any console I have seen (even though the Pc still has better.) So basically, in my view, if you are buying some form of xbox 360, but don't know which to buy, get an xbox 360 arcade. If not, stick to the Pc for xbox exclusives and other consoles for multi-console gaming.

A great system!

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

Best way to game other than PC. Great graphics and Xbox only games like halo are AMAZING!

Graphics Quality
The graphics on this system are excellent and only surpassed by Xbox One(the newer version of the Xbox) and Gaming PCs.

Game Variety
The Xbox 360 has tons of games including some Xbox exclusives like Halo 3 that are some of the best games!

Controller Comfort
Other than PC this has the best controller for comfort and the way the buttons are laid out.

Easy to use layout and controls.

Pretty good durability just don't do something stupid like throw it or hit it with a hammer.

• Controller Comfort:

Great console with great qualities and great gaming experience.

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

Good console with great graphics but only problem is that it was not durable.

Graphics Quality
Amazing graphics that excel beyond the average

Game Variety
Many games that I was able to play.

Controller Comfort
Comfortable controller

Easy to find tabs. How to personalize your Xbox home is good. You can reach home tab by easily clicking a button on the controller.

This console only lasted one year. I expected to get more time but it just got the red ring and I never was able to play a game ever in my life.

Xbox 360 is a great gaming console from Microsoft

from East Greenbush, NY

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

UPDATE 2/3/13: Below you will find my original review. I just wanted to say that looking back I was not correct in my initial review. The ability to add an external hard drive really makes this a great console. If you go over to someone else's house you can take out the hard drive and bring it with you. I still have the same Xbox as when I wrote the original review.

Original Review: For this review I will state a pro that this machine has and then follow it with a con.  Because even though it's a pro it is also a con in my book for the XBOX 360 ARCADE console.  The first thing is the weight of the console which has been greatly reduced to that of the original XBOX.  This makes it more easily portable so you can bring it everywhere.  This is also, however, the biggest con that the XBOX 360 has.  The reason it is a con is because there is no memory that is built into the console.  That is one of the reasons I hate this console.  The original Xbox had it's memory built into it which meant that no hard drives or memory cards were needed to save game data.  As for the Xbox 360 you have to spend all your money just to save your game and data.  That is one of the biggest cons that the Xbox 360 has and I will never let it go even if I buy a hard drive.  On the other hand, the Xbox 360 has some greater differences over the original Xbox.  First is the graphics, which have greatly been increased, then there's the weight, which I already said, and the wireless controllers.  The graphics really have no con to them as for the controllers there is a con to those.  Being wireless you can go anywhere you want with them without having to worry about tangled wires and length restrictions.  Still though if you don't have the money for a charge kit then you have to spend money on batteries.

All in all, the Xbox 360 is a great advancement over the original Xbox the only problem being the memory not being built into it like the original Xbox.

I still have the same console after all of these years. It has a few kinks, but it still runs great.

Xbox 360

from Orange, MA

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

I have owned a 360 for several years and got the red rings 4+ times hate the problems love the system but the rings and scratching of the discs weren't a good side but somthing good must have come out of it for us not to switch to nintendo or playstation and I was a loyal nintendo fan ever since I can remember I've always hated playstation but I love 360 I'm hooked and hope they fix these bugs and move on I love it

The Xbox 360 is one of the best darn consoles in the world.

from Rossville, GA

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

I got my first Xbox 360 not too long after they first came out. I'm not really a big fan of Microsoft, but this is one thing I feel they have truly done right. The graphics are amazing, and the speed is superb. The quality of the gaming experience on this console far outweighs the fact that the console is prone to stuff like the dreaded Red Ring of Death, the Open Tray error, and the Play DVD errors.

The system that dominants

from Vestal, NY

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

I bought my Xbox 360 Arcade console nearly a year ago and I love it. The xbox 360 h as a large variety of games. I am more into the sports game. I have 4 games in total (not counting the games that it came with) so far and plan on buying more. I like the fact that the xbox is very multiplayer friendly. You could connect the xbox to the internet and play other players via the internet or you could even play off line when friends are over. The graphics for the xbox 360 is amazing as well. The first thing I did was obviously create the avatar. There aren't that much selections with creating an avatar, but it's the least of my worries. There isn't a lot of memory in the arcade version to begin with, so I'm going to have to buy my own hard drive which could get pricey. I love the controller for the xbox 360 as well, its not uncomfortable and won't give hurt my wrist/hands after hours of game play. Another con about this is that the device could get a little loud sometimes.

Great Multifaceted Console Sure To Please Any Style Gamer

from Cleves, OH

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

The Xbox 360 in general is a great console for any style gamer. With it's hundreds of great and diverse titles, to it's capabilities as a DVD/CD player it performs highly in each catagory.

The Xbox 360 comes in three varieties. The Xbox 360: Arcade. The (Plainly named, but with more goodies than the arcade version.......Yeah , I know) Xbox 360. Then for all you Video Game Go Big Or Go Homers. The Xbox 360 : Elite. The Main Differences being that the two higher tiered versions come with more of the high preformance cables included, backwards compatabilty for original Xbox games, and (only on the oh so Elite Version) cool black coloring. The Elite version is the only one that includes a HDMI cable for use with the systems HD capabilites. However they all, as they should, include one wireless controller. Another important difference is the storage capacity witch ranks up in the order I have listed. 256MB, 60GB, and 120GB. All three actually include a Silver Membership to Xbox live. Where you can join the online community...........and exit your real one.

This system has multi-channel surrond sound and the ability to play games in full 1080p HD (Truly something to behold). The Built in CD/DVD player is also a nice plus. The DVD player will play just about any regular or burnt DVD, but it is still region coded. The music visualizer is amazing (especially in 1080p) and is controlable by the user while listening. It's almost like Timothy Leary programmed it himself........anyway.

All in All I am very pleased with my Xbox 360. My only gripes would be things like the overly huge size and the fact that despite how ginormous it is.......the storage is still an add on to the outer casing. I mean come on, the thing is engineered like an old VHS player. It has been know to overheat frequently, so you want to keep it well ventilated, or pay Microsoft more money for the cooling tower. Cause why shouldn't you have to foot the bill for their design flaws.....ridiculous. I personally keep a fan on mine while I'm playing and it works just fine. To me the great titles, stunning visuals, and superb quality sound greatly outway it's deficiencies. You won't be dissapointed by the gaming expierience. Happy Gaming!

Great purchase for the price!

from College Station, TX

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

I recently bought an XBox 360 (Arcade) for the boyfriend for his 21st birthday, and he absolutely loves it. I have also gotten to use it after purchasing it in February. Let me tell you...it's the cheapest version of the Xbox you can buy, and it's honestly all you need! I know the Xbox Elite comes with all that stuff, but for someone who just wants to play some games...Xbox 360 Arcade is all you need to buy.

We haven't played the games that come with it (since we are a little old for them) but I'm sure they are good for younger people just starting out. We haven't had any problems with the Xbox so far and the memory capacity seems to be enough. We also love that it can play DVD's since my boyfriend was needing a new DVD player anyway.

I would definitely recommend this gaming system for someone who wants a nice system but doesn't want to spend tons and tons of money. It's a great value for what you get and we have been totally happy with it!

The Xbox 360 Arcade is a great deal!

from Alvin, TX

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

I had a Wii for a few years and loved it and didn't want anything else.  I just happened to find an Xbox 360 Arcade bundle for sale for a price I couldn't refuse, so I took it home.  I have not regretted it at all.

The graphics of the Xbox 360 when hooked up by HDMI are outstanding and blow the Wii out of the water.

The included wireless controller works great and feels good in the hand.  It doesn't burn through batteries either so I don't think you need to buy the rechargable battery packs.

The Arcade version does not come with a hard drive.  This lets Microsoft sell it for less which is good but the Xbox 360 really, really needs a hard drive.  Playing games off the hard drive cuts down on wear and tear on the DVD player, decreases heat, and decreases noise.  Luckily, installing a hard drive is as easy as popping off a side cover and snapping it on.  It takes about 10 seconds.

My advice is to buy an Arcade model for cheap, buy an inexpensive 250gb Xbox 360 hard drive, and buy a second controller.  You won't be out much and you'll have a very nice system!

Great software, mediocre hardware

from Worcester, PA

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Console:

The Xbox 360 is one of the 3 big home consoles out on the market today. The amount of support from publishers is large, so there are obviously lots of hits that have come about on the Xbox 360 over the last 5 or so years. Just recently, a motion sensor called "Kinect" was released that allows games to be played through motion control. One of the big selling points of the Xbox 360 is "Xbox Live", which is microsoft's online matchmaking service for games. Titles like Halo and Call of Duty are especially popular multiplayer games with millions of players each month.

While the software support is expecially great, the hardware has its problems. For starters, the majority of Xbox 360 owners will experience the "red ring of death" which makes their consoles unplayable. Depending on if your console is covered under warranty or not, you would need to ship it off to microsoft and wait until thy ship you one back.