View more breast pumps

Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump

Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump

3.9

Worth the higher cost!

As a working mom who breast fed three children, I found this breast pump to best fit all I wanted in a product of this type. Yes, it is a little pricier and harder to find than those other brands you find at all those "Mart" community shopping centers. Believe me when I say it is worth it! This is from a mom who will not step foot in a store without her coupon organizer. I tried the cheaper brands of breast pumps, and only got sore nipples and hungry babies from the experience. Top reason this product works so well: it reacts like a normal baby when it is pumping, giving a nice pull/release action as it works. You can also adjust the speed, which is a godsend when you have just given birth and are sore. Then, as you become more adjusted to breastfeeding, you can vamp up the power for faster pumping. I highly recommend the electric version, even though there is a manual version out there. Especially if you are a working mom, the electric version works faster and requires less energy to get the same results. And as new moms, we need to reserve all the energy we have, I know! There are several versions out there, with numerous attachments. If you are a new mom who works outside the home, even just the single pump will help you out tremedously.

The single deluxe breast pump is terrible! Don't Buy it!

I went through several breast pumps when I discovered I needed some help with breast feeding. After renting a hospital grade pump, I thought I would save money by purchasing this single deluxe breast...Read complete review

I went through several breast pumps when I discovered I needed some help with breast feeding. After renting a hospital grade pump, I thought I would save money by purchasing this single deluxe breast pump. WRONG!

First, it's a lot heavier than it looks. In many places it's not available in stores, so you can only get it online. The heaviness makes the shipping a lot more expensive. Plus, It's not that comfortable to hold because of the weight of the motor. Busy moms might think this would be a one-handed deal and it's not.

The worst part about it, is it is so loud! Not only would I not want to listen to it, if the baby were sleeping it would wake her up it was so loud and unpleasant to listen to.

Suction is another issue. The suction is not anywhere near the quality of other electric pumps and it was so frustrating trying to get it positioned just at the right angle to try and get it to work properly.

In my opinion, the handheld manual is better than this one, plus it's less expensive. Don't waste your money on this!

Medela Single Deluxe Pump is only for those with specific needs.

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

I originally had the regular Medela single battery/electric breast pump for after having my son. Early on the pump worked great because of the high quantity of breastmilk being produced. As my son got older I wanted to pump in order to start him on baby cereal... which increasingly became harder. The pump was very slow and took nearly twenty minutes just to get an ounce or so.I had to be in just the right position for it to work properly and it became more of a nuissance than helpful. I could have hand expressed and gotten the same amount! One positive aspect is portability... there is not much better out there.

If you are planning on being an avid pumper and want to pump  beyond the first few months I highly recommend getting the Medela Pump in Style versus this one. I never experienced too much pain or discomfort with pumping but the single Medela was definitely less comfortable than the Pump in Style.

Good ofr an experienced breast feeding mom

from Phenix City, AL

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

I am a mom of 4 children and I have been breastfeeding for over 9 years. This type of pump is one of the first ones I ever had and I have had 2 different ones of this type. This pump pulls and is not extremely efficent. It does not encouage let down unless your baby is right there to cry. Dispite it's excellent brand name I was very dissappointed in this product. I have had 7 different breast pumps and only one worked as well as my son. I have had engogement, mastitis, and several other issues while breast feeding and some were caused by a pump like this. This pump pinches and pulls- which reuslts in a  increases soreness in the nimple area. This makes it hard for new mothers to want to continue breast feeding .I was very disappointed in the Medela pumps that i have used, especially considering the hospital where my children were born recommended them. FOr the price these pumps are not the best on the market ofr a new mom. They will work for an experienced breatfeeding mom however.

A great pump, good buy all around

from Manlius, NY

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

I love this pump.  Easy to use, operate and clean.  Comfortable to use.  I like the single pump because one hand is free.  I used this at work and it is quiet and I could still type with the other hand.  Also pump at a good speed, so I wasn't pumping for long periods.

The best and Fastest way to pump

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

Before I had my baby I had bought an evenflo pump; it was very painful and slow but it was not as expensive as the Medela. Eventually, I decided to buy the medela any way, I bought the single pump and it has done wonders for me. It is fast, painless and has many different speeds. It also is very easy to carry and comes with 2 bottles, covers, and many other features. I would definitely recommend it to any new mom looking to breast feed. It is worth the money!

A lot of flow with Medela breast pumps

from Escondido, CA

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

Seems like an expensive investment at the begining...but if you are a working mom the  Medela pump pays for itself in the first 3 or 4 months of your baby's life.  Even if you part time breastfeeding your baby, that seems to be the case for many working moms. Just make sure you prepare yourself with some spare parts (mainly plastic tubing and suction cups) and this high quality pump will last at least over a year of daily use and abuse. We have no regrets and highly recommend it.    Thanks

DELUXE WILL DO THE TRICK

from Lawrenceburg, KY

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

I used medela deluxe breastpump for both my kids. although it's only supposed to be used as just an occasional pump, I used it everyday, everytime I pumped. the only issued I had with it was that I wished was a duel pump instead of a single pump. If it was, as you'll find out while breastfeeding when you release milk, you will release it in both breasts and not just one at the same time. I did like the pump well enough to purchase two to pump both breast at a time. It wasnt easy but it did the trick and the pump was strong enough, yet it was slightly at times difficult to hold the two pumps while pumping. The pump was strong enough to pull the milk out yet gentle enough not to hurt. For the price you pay for one, if you like it and want an extra one for the other side, the price is still very good. One thing I probably would say is that the milk container could be a little bigger, especially if you are pumping both breasts. Although a pro to the pump is that it is mostly universal to other bottles and you can use larger bottles if you know you have a lot of milk.

Perfect 10

from Utuado, PR

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

I absolutley love this medela pump is great. I can either use it with batteries while I'm watching tv, walking around the house, studying, talking on the phone and on the internet or I can use it while is pluged in. The suction is perfect and is very durable.

Medela is the best breast pump on the market.

from Piscataway, NJ

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

The single electric breast pump by Medela is a great pump. I used it everyday for both my kids. I have 2; a 5 yr old and an 18 month old. I nursed and breastfed both chldren. They seemed to both like the same side, so I pumped more from the other breast. It travelled with me as well. It is compact enough and the car adapter came in handy for when I needed it in the car. I used the accesories as well. The handy wipes and the quick sterilize bags. I tried another pump for my second child ( I couldnt locate the Medela at first, we moved & I hadn't unloaded all the baby stuff yet). It was horrible. It stopped suction after a few minutes and hurt like hell! Very uncomfortable. After I read the reviews (yes, I should've done that first!) I found that a lot of other moms had the same problem. So I went digging for my pump and found the Medela. I just had to purchase the accessory pack for sanitary reasons. I couldn't (and wouldn't) use the tubing, breast shields, etc. for the second time. In conclusion, the Medela pumps are great pumps. May be a little more money, but worth it. If you can go for it, then I highly recommend this brand. Hope this helped!

Best baby product I've ever bought!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

In 24 years of parenting this was the best purchase I've ever made.  Saved my life on more than one occasion.  Even got me out of a speeding ticket;  the officer pulled up next to me; saw what I was doing with the hand not on the steering wheel, tipped his hat while laughing & sped off!  I was late to a baptism out of town & didn't have time to pull over and feed the baby.  I wouldn't use any other brand of breast pump than Medela.

The Medela Single Breast Pump worked great for the price.

from Fort Collins, CO

Comments about Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump:

This Medela single breast pump worked well for me as I had no issues with the amount of breast milk I was producing with either child. It was an affordable unit with the option of either battery or AC Adaptor. The AC adaptor seemed to work better for me. it pumped a bit stronger than with batteries. The only downfall with this unit was the noise. It's a pretty loud unit. It also obviously takes longer since I could only do one side at a time but that was my choice due to money. It did what it was supposed to do and that is express milk. It's small and easy to pack and clean. I would recommend it for anyone needing to pump but not on a regular basis. It's just nice to have when you need it.