4.8
Medela
Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump

Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump

4.8

Pros

• Easy to clean (4)
  • Portable (4)
  • Comfortable (3)
  • Easy to use (3)
  • Fast/efficient (3)

• Breast feeding (4)
  • Working moms (3)
    • Versatility:

The Pump-in-Style worked great!

I bought this product because it was recommended by our hospital's lactation consultant.  I am a working mom so I knew I'd be doing alot of pumping.  Turns out, my baby never learned to latch on so all I did was pump!  Needless to say, I had plenty of bonding time with my Pump-in-Style!  I liked that I had complete control over the speed and could increase/decrease as needed instantaneously.  The bag makes the process discrete and convenient...there was room for everything I needed.

There are only two downsides to this pump as far as I am concerned.  The first is noise.  I found it to be fairly loud.  But, I think this is the case with all pumps and not unique to Medela.  Just as a general rule, pump noise is annoying.  And when you're a sleep-deprived mom, it is easy to begin thinking that the pump is talking to you! (hehehe!)  The second thing I didn't like was the battery option.  While it worked, it definitely didn't have as much power as when it was plugged in.

Made it easier to go back to work!

I had been breastfeeding my daughter for three months before I went back to work, and I wanted to continue. So I bought the Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump. It was a little expensive, but not compared to formula!

It was very easy to use and it came with a great informational/instrucion booklet. The pump came with everything I needed except the milk storage bags. It was nice to have the different suction levels, and it was easy to adjust with only one hand.

It was convienient to have both the plug and the battery pack. Sometimes at work where I would pump, there was not an outlet nearby, so I would just pull out the battery pack with the AA batteries and plug that into the pump. That did drain the batteries quite quickly, so I ended up buying some rechargable AA batteries.

When I would have to use the battery pack, I could only pump one side at a time because it didn't have enought power/suction to do both breasts at once.

All in all, it was a good pump, and it saved me a fortune on not having to buy formula!

I highly reccomend!

from Las Cruces, Nm

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Easy to clean
  • Easy to use
  • Fast/Efficient
  • Portable

Cons

• Loud

• Travel

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

I highly reccomend this product to everyone! It made it such an easy and fast way to pump even on the go!

No other compared

from Houston Texas

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Easy to clean
  • Easy to use
  • Fast/Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Portable

• Milk Storage
    • Preemie
    • Travel

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

I had to use a strong pump because my son stayed in the NICU for 5 months. I was able to pump on the go and it kept up with demand.

Easy

from Vassar,Ks

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Easy to clean
    • Portable

Cons

• Loud

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

I go to this pump and began pumping around 3wk Pp it works well enough for the price point and does come either the extras. But I had to replace flanges often. Tubing gets moisture and milk in it easily. After 8months it didn't work as well and I only pumped once daily

I would buy it all over:)

from Roanoke, va

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Easy to clean
    • Easy to use
    • Fast/Efficient
    • Portable

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

I used it during my breastfeeding experience with my last child, and it really helped with time. It was a fast set up and easy clean up. :)

Medela Pump In Style truly is the best!

from Country Club Hills, IL

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

When I had my son, I bought a Lansinoh pump as a means to save money. When it started going out (after about 7 months), I decided to finally bite the bullet and get a Medela rather than try to get a replacement through customer service. WOW! Why didn't I get this right from the beginning! With the Lansinoh, I was pumping an average of about 5 ounces in the morning and 6 ounces while at work. Within a day of using the Medela, my output while at work was a whopping 10 ounces! I could not believe it! I have not noticed a difference in the amount I get in the mornings though. It also takes half the time to finish pumping now. With the Lansinoh, I had to pump about 30 to 40 minutes to get all the milk out. With the Medela, I'm done in about 15 to 20 minutes. Trust me, save yourself the headache and just go with the best from the start! I'm now using this with my third baby and it is still going strong! These are truly made to last!

Best one on the market

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

I used this pump for all 3 of my children and was able to sell it at the end of all that. It is a must have especially for working moms. No other pump was came even close with regards to effectiveness.

Comfort
      Let's be honest and say that no pump is comfortable! The whole process is a little uncomfortable and pumping 2 breasts at the same time is something to get used to. However, I also had a manual pump and this pump was, by far, more comfortable

Cleaning was a bit cumbersome and I did have to buy new attachments between child #2 and child #3 because the tubing was just too gross to use a 3rd time.

This item is extremely durable. I brought it to work daily and it held up so well that I could sell it after I finished with it.

Versatility
      It was extremely versatile. It is nice that the item does not necessarily look like a breast pump so I could carry it around without broadcasting my business!

It was extraordinarily easy to use and I would recommend this to any mom.

Gets the job done well

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

I knew I would need a pump since I planned on going back to work when my son was three months old and I still wanted to give him breast milk. This pump did a great job at getting the job done fast. I researched several before I splurged on this one and I haven't regretted that decision. I love that it is a double electric which meant I could read or do things on my phone while pumping and I didn't have to manually do all of the work with a hand held pump. It was a little difficult at first learning how to figure it out since there are cords and membranes but once I got the hang of it I could do it super quick.

This would be the only thing I wish they could improve upon. It wasn't the easiest keeping the tubing clean and when I went to replace it I had a difficult time finding the correct parts. I also found it difficult to clean all of the pieces at work but I could use the Medela wipes and use those for a quick clean and then do a more thorough job each night at home.

A lifesaver!

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

This pump was given to me by my sister before my first daughter was born, and I had no idea at the time what an amazing gift this was!!! Though I don't exactly love using a pump, this pump has been great for relieving engorgement, for promoting milk production, and for storing up extra milk! I am currently on my third child, and this pump is still going strong. It's easy to use - especially with a pumping boostier - and the parts are easy to clean in the dishwasher and conveniently store right in the pump bag. There's even a zipper pouch for storing the paperwork from the pump. Though it's not exactly a cheap pump, and a manual pump or less expensive electric pump might do the trick, but the effectiveness and ease of use of this pump make it more than worth the cost. I've been so thankful to have this, especially for the peace of mind of being able to pump daily to stabilize my milk production. The pump allows you to change the speed, as well as the suction strength to whatever is most comfortable and effective for you. And the breast shields come in different sizes to fit different women comfortably. I would definitely recommend this pump to any mom planning to breast feed!

A real workhorse

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

I bought this breast pump before the birth of my daughter because I knew I would have to return to work. I asked around a lot, as the world of breast pumps is enormous and confusing, and this is the one that everyone recommended. I wasn't disappointed. It lasted me through an entire year with a LOT of pumping. It didn't lose suction as time went by, and my only real regret is that I didn't get the car adapter sooner. I hadn't thought I'd have much need of it, but there were a number of times it would have come in handy.

Comfort
      I'm not sure any woman could describe the experience of pumping her breasts as comfortable - but as long as the horns were centered correctly, I didn't find it *un*comfortable.

The horns are pretty easy to clean. The valve parts are a bit more of a pain, but nothing that's impossible as long as you rinse them out as soon as you're done (even if you can't scrub them until later). If anything gets dried in the valves, it might be impossible to get out.

Overall this seemed durable, though the AC pack did break when I dropped it. I'd recommend having a spare power option (either battery pack or a second AC pack) on hand just in case - the last thing you want to happen when you're all ready to go is to find out your pump can't get power and you're stuck with uncomfortably full breasts and no relief! (Not to mention - no way to bottle food for your baby!)

Versatility
      As long a you have either the battery pack or the car adapter, it's versatile. If you don't... well, it's only going to work if you have a plug available.

I found it to be reasonably uncomplicated. As with anything, there's a learning curve, but it's not too steep.

• Versatility:

This is a great breast pump!

Comments about Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump:

When I had my first baby I didn't realize how important a good breast pump would be. I started with an Ameda and I struggled every day to pump. I hated pumping until I switched to the Medella. Don't get me wrong, pumping is miserable no matter what, but having a pump that works well with your body really does help the process.

Comfort
      Very comfortable pump. I don't ever remember being sore from using the medella, however from the other pink that I used I struggled with comfort.

It isn't difficult to clean but there are still multiple parts that need to be removed and cleaned after every use. I used the medella steam bags which really helped.

I nursed my second little one for 19 months. Although I didn't use the pump the entire time, it worked great and held up well for me

Versatility
      I love that I could plug it into a wall outlet or bring it along on the car ride and use the battery pack. It's very versatile and convenient.

Very easy to use! I love the feature that simulates a real baby nursing.