Other General Household Cleaners:
Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser

Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser

Pros

Cons

Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser-WOW!

Fall is here and I have been cleaning for days on end. I have new music plugged into my Ipod and I am a cleaning machine. I can't stop cleaning. My back hurts. My hands and finger even hurt. But I am happy. And my house is almost spotless. HA!

I love trying new cleaning products. I can't believerI just came upon Mean Green! Where has it been all my life??? This is a miracle product. A wonder, do and clean all and everything. I can scrub, spray, wipe down virtually any thing besides a paper item in my home, duh!

The smell is a bit tough and strong but hey it needs to be tough to cut through tough grease and stains, and caked in dirt, old paint, pet urine stains, food messes, dirty bathrooms and really bad off stoves and ovens! I even used it outside in my husbands shed. We cleaned parts for the lawnmower and the weedeater. I sprayed it on the siding to wash off mildew. I try it on everything. I carry it around like a sheriff carries a gun. HA HA HA

Whats another great thing, is the price. It is cheap. I can buy it in the spray bottle or in a big jug. Fantastic for my fanatical needs and usage.

Highly recommend if you want to clean something! Try it, if in doubt, try a small area first, and use carefully because of strong smell. Wear mask or cover nose and mouth for safety.

Found this product to be very unsucesful in performance

**Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser was quite disapointing, I found that it did not hold up to the quality and standars that it claims. Would not break up heavy grease, nor clean up general messes in the kitchen.  The price for this product was reasonable but I do not believe the quality of it would warrant me to by this again. This would not be something I would recommend to anyone.**

Good for special purposes IE not general cleaning

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful

Cons

• strange scent

• Auto
  • hard to remove stains

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

Mean green cleaner and degreaser does work well but it's not something I go around cleaning in my house with on a regular basis. I don't like the smell of it but it's ok to use on stains and things here and there. I love it for my car and it works great on the dirt ground in to the plastics around the bottom of the door and foot well. I have kids and they make some pretty bad messes and sometimes my regular cleaners don't remove all of the mess. That is when I will take out mean green. It takes a lot of stains out and works great but I just can't get past the scent. Its so weird smelling I wouldn't like to clean around the whole house with it and have to smell it for hours. I absolutely love it for cleaning stuff up outside. I've used it on mouldy stuff that's outside and it takes it eigjr away. It works great for greasy things too. I cleaned my hot tub out after it sat with water in it for a while and it cleaned it right up with just a rag and no pre-soaking. I keep a bottle on hand and I do use it for quite a bit of things but for me it's not my regular everyday cleaner its an extra thing I use for big or bad jobs. Also works awesome on litter boxes and it takes the urine scent right away! I do recommend it because it works good but not for general purpose cleaning because of the funky scent.

I used to have 10 or 15 different cleaners in my house, No more.

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

THIS STUFF IS KILLER...I LOVE IT..I CLEAN EVERYTHING WITH IT...........IT HAS NEVER ONCE LET ME DOWN....

Totally 100 %...I hear people complain a lot about laminate floors leaving behind footprints and hard to clean off residue..This stuff is great for that.....

Can we ever say that cleaners truly smell 100% good really..Mean green is a cleaner, so naturally a little smell, but I'll gladly settle for a little cleaning smell for the clean I get with this...

Great stuff

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

I found a bottle of Mean Green in the cabinet at work one day after I got just too disgusted with the state of the kitchen there. I swear, clean up after yourselves even if you're not at home! Ahem. Well, someone needed to clean it and apparently I was the only one willing to. I went crazy with that bottle of Mean Green. Everything got sprayed down. The tables. The walls beside the trash can where tiny bits of food and coffee grinds were glued on. The counters that were so stained with spilled coffee that you couldn't tell what color they were. The refrigerator handle that was almost dark grey from the grime of too many hands. Ugh, the germs!

The smell of the product was fairly strong and I wondered if I was getting a buzz from smelling it but I soldiered on. After letting the liquid sit in place for a couple of minutes, I donned some rubber gloves and started wiping everything up. I had thought that I'd have to scrub a lot of the surface area but this stuff had softened almost everything and cleaning it all off was so easy.
I would definitely use this product again. Hopefully I won't have to, though. I'm not their maid!

Ole' Reliable.

from Kansas

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser is a product I have been using for many years. It's a highly effective cleaner and is cheap. For the price you wouldn't think it was going to be so effective but it is.

I use Mean Green on a lot of surfaces. Toilets, sinks, bathtub, stove, refrigerator, microwave, the wheels on my car, and the list goes on. I simply spray it and let it sit for a few minutes then wipe it up. It's REALLY good for getting stuck on messes cleaned up. Now this cleaner has a strong scent. It's not a good scent. It smells very chemical-like and is very strong. I don't recommend using the product in a small space or a place with poor ventilation. I also wouldn't use it if there were small children around, just in case.

Overall I recommend this product. It's a very strong multipurpose cleaner and you can buy it for a cheap price. It does have a strong scent that some people may not like.

Strong scent

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

I have found that this product does a very good job at whatever job I put it to. I does remove paints if you scrub it. so be careful on this type of surface. I use gloves and eye protection with any product that may cause me problems IE: skin irratations, EYE burns,ETC. smell is a little strong so I always allow for good ventalation.
over all I am pleased with the results I get for the cost of this product. Half the price of other cleaners! I will continue to use this product and I tell my friends to try it out.

A truly multipurpose cleaner with some kick

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

I part out classic vehicles and sell the parts for a living. The vehicles I take apart are 30-50+ years old, and have collected quite a bit of grime, oil, and dirt. The commercial auto parts cleaners available are pretty pricey and some of them are quite caustic, so I gave Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser a shot. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it cut through that caked on grime and thick oil, but I was worried about the effect it would have on more delicate parts. So far it has not shown any ill effects used on plastic, steel, aluminum, painted parts, chrome plated parts, or cloth. There is no way I could use one of the automotive cleaners for all those surfaces, and not having to switch cleaners saves me time.

For the heavy jobs, such as engine components, I still use engine cleaner to get the thick build up off, but Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser fills in all the other gaps. It gets rid of the greasy residue that is left by other cleaners and I never have to worry about it ruining any finishes or causing pitting. It does a great job, rinses clean, and doesn't burn my skin after hours of exposure.

The smell is somewhat harsh, but for a heavy duty cleaner it isn't bad. It doesn't burn my sinuses or give me a headache like other cleaners do.

Mean Green is awesome!

from TN

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

Mean Green is a cleaning product everyone should have in their home! We use it at my house for many different things. I like it mostly for the bathroom. My dad is a mechanic so he comes home really dirty and greasy. After he showers our bathtub has black grease on it everywhere! Mean Green makes it so easy to clean up! I don't have to scrub and scrub for it to work, just a few good wipes and it's clean. I have also used Mean green on our hardwood floor to get pencil markings off made by my daughter. I didn't give mean green a 10 because of it's scent. It is pretty bad. It's almost a smell I can't handle. However the smell is tolerable because it cleans so well.

I couldn't ask for a better cleaning product. It works really well to get stains off of surfaces without having to scrub for a long time.

I hate the smell. It is too strong of a scent for my liking. I crack the window while using Mean Green.

great cleaner

from San Diego ca

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

I never tried this product before, but recently I just bought it so I have been using it on whatever things need to be cleaned. I first tried it on my stove, because that is always the hardest thing for me to clean. I had really dried up grease stains on my stove that would not budge with regular soap, and water. I gave my stove a few sprays of this cleaner, and I let it sit for a good five minutes. To my surprise all it took was a paper towel to wipe it all away the dried up grease was now gone. My stove looked like new again I can't believe how easy it was to use, and how fast it took for product to work the performance is outstanding. This is a heavy duty cleaning product so yes to me the scent isn't al that amazing it is basically a chemical scent. I wouldn't get discouraged by the scent, because the performance of this cleaner makes up for it. I would highly recommend this product to clean kitchens, because thats where I use this cleaner mostly since it always has some kind of grease from cooking.

Best Cleaning Product Ever

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

Have not found any mess this will not take care of. Smoke scum; cleans it right off. Grease and cooking mess; cleans it right up. Several sizes are available for purchase from a handy spray bottle for household use, to a gallon, for those really big jobs. This is good for cleaning those oil stains in your garage too! My only complaint would be that it could smell better!!!

I have used this to clean walls and it is amazing the grime that it removes. You would not think they were so dirty, until you pump the first spray onto the wall and you can see the dirt and grime slink right off the walls. The only thing to use to clean the kitchen! Safely removes grime from countertops and cabinets. This is some really amazing stuff!!

Can be a bit overpowering and cause irritation to the nose and throat. Maybe they could add an orange or lemon scent to tone the odor down a bit. It's not unpleasant, but does cause irritation.

Mean green is mean to tough grease

Comments about Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser:

Anyone who has ever needed to clean the oven or anything that is a super greasy mess has used mean green. While the smell is knock you out strong, it cleans everything with ease. I use mean green in my kitchen to keep my stovetop, oven, and countertops clean from cooking messes. It's great on kool-aid stains too! For those of you you have kids you know how important this is.