3.9
McDonald's
McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee

McDonald'sMcDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee

3.9

McWorth it during my McWork week.

Just like the other reviewer, I decided to try McCafe products on a whim.  Convenient, a million-bajillion locations (ALL with drive-thrus, not just some, *ehem** Starbucks)*, and on my drive back from dropping off my toddler in the morning.  Sure, it's McDonalds, but it's also coffee.  Worst case scenario is that it's not strong enough, too strong, or too sweet.  I can survive any of those things.  I mean heck, at home I've resorted, at times, to one of those powdered coffee drink mixes.  It's *got* to be better than that.

So the first thing I ever had was an iced latte with some kind of flavouring in it.  WHOA, sweet.  The coffee flavor seems decent, but it's hard to taste under all that sugar.  Next time, I'm asking for less syrup, or something.

Next try was an iced latte, and a syrup they USED to have (jerks), that compared to Starbucks "Classic" Syrup (which is totally just simple syrup, don't know why they have to make it seem like they have something different, but whatever, I digress).  Wow, now THAT was an iced latte.  Smooth, rich coffee flavor, sweetened without being overwhelmed.  I was really into that.

Skip to about 9 months later.  I hadn't been buying coffees at all, and one day had the urge.  When I went back, their version of simple syrup... was not being offered anymore.  (Which reminds me - I should write McDonald's a letter after this.)  Darn it.  So I tried hazelnut, felt liked I'd tripped mouth first into a vat of sugar, and decided to do it different the next time.

**Iced Mocha**.  Hmmmm.  I'm *not *as much of a mocha person as I used to be - again with the "too sweet" thing, but I figured that it probably was more of a naturally sweet flavor than their syrups.  It is.  Still a little sweet for my blood, but not so much that I can't enjoy the coffee.  I order mine with non-fat milk and no whipping cream, and I don't really even have to feel all that guilty about it.

Another insider's secret for those who do not like their coffee oversweetened - order a flavored latte and ask for half the regular amount of syrup.  This will NOT be very sweet, but sweet enough that it doesn't taste bland and dark.  This morning I had a nonfat iced vanilla latte, half the syrup.  Pretty dang good.  Plus, you're cutting even more calories.

**So to summarize:**

Would I recommend McCafe products?  Yes, I would, with the disclaimer that it isn't Starbucks, or Tully's, or Seattles Best, or... whatever.  It's just a decent flavored coffee drink for those of us who don't like their coffee black, and find ourselves under a time crunch in the morning (they are pretty* fast*... Starbucks drive-thru could speed it up a bit, and my local Starbucks drive-thru is always IMPOSSIBLY crowded).

What annoys me, other than the loss of the simple syrup (sigh), is that the prices aren't that competetive anymore.  Pretty much the only reason for having a McCafe drink, besides location/drive-thru convenience, is the price.  I think they've raised them a bit within the last year or so, and ounce for ounce, you get better coffee at a coffee chain.

Will I continue to drink this stuff?  Probably, as my current location is best served there on my commute.  But if it was more convenient?  You know I'd have some "real" coffee in hand.

too much milk, not enough coffee

I am originally from Seattle so I expect good coffee made right. McDonalds iced coffee would be better if we could add our own milk or if they put a portioned amount in it. I want iced coffee not coffee flavored milk. I am highly suspect that the amount of calories listed on their nutritional brochure is not valid because the employees pour in a TON of milk to the iced coffees.

I am glad that there is a cheaper alternative to Starbucks but McDonalds coffees just arent doing it for me. I do appreciate the fact that they have some sugar free flavors and nonfat milk now though, so those of us who are trying to watch our calories and fat can still enjoy their coffee.

The espresso machines they have are automated so thats good because I cant imagine McDonalds training all their employees to be baristas in addition to all of the other things they have to do-cook the food, clean the restaurant, run the cash register, etc.

Maybe I will ask for no milk next time since the coffee itself is good and just add my own later?

Loving the iced coffee

from Oshkosh, WI

About Me Average Joe

Pros

• Attractive Mouthfeel/Body
  • Balanced Acidity
  • Exceptional/Interesting Flavor
  • Not Bitter
  • Pleasing Roast
  • Smooth Taste

Cons

• Single-Cup/Pods

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

I used the pod in my keurig, perfect cups every time.

Cheap product

from Utah

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

It seems that McDonalds is trying to have higher class drinks by developing an iced mocha coffee, as if it is offering a much cheaper version of a Starbucks drink. However, the drop in quality from Starbucks down to McDonalds is far greater than the drop in price for this type of drink. I decided to try this iced mocha a couple different times on hot days when I wanted something cool and enjoyable but also caffeinated. It nailed the cold and caffeinated part, but completely missed on the enjoyable. It's more expensive than regular McDonalds coffee, but I much prefer the taste of their regular coffee, even if I just put ice in the regular coffee to cool it off. The whipped cream and chocolate were too sweet for my taste, and they did not mix well with the coffee. In he end, if I want iced mocha, I'll splurge and go to Starbucks. Otherwise, I'm sticking to regular coffee at McDonalds.

This drink is great for those hot summer days.

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

I tried this one day, while eating fries, and it was very good. There are several types of this beverage, such as the chocolate chip McDonalds McCafe iced mocha coffee if you have a sweet tooth, or just the regular version without ice. Overall, this product is very good and I recommend you to try it.

I'm lovin it

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

Mc Donald's has the best coffee. I choose this coffee over Starbucks any day. There is just something about the taste that gets your taste buds tingling. I love it because it is not as expensive as going to a coffee shop and it still has that high quality taste. I never liked iced mochas before until I tried this one. It also doesn't have that really strong flavor of coffee. There is a good balance between its sweetness and coffee taste. Starbucks seems to have a very strong taste and I like my coffee sweeter. Why pay an outrageous price for a good cup of coffee that's pretty much on every corner. I don't recommend the regular coffee. It's not as good. But I can say the iced coffee is an awesome start to your day. Also they offer different sizes so you can choose how much of a rush you want. I must warn you that it can become highly addictive and you might find yourself buying coffee more often than not. Luckily at that price it won't break the bank.

Comparable to expensive coffee shops.

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

This drinks are very delicious and comparable to more popular shops. The prices are relatively low compared to the average coffee shop. The drinks are brewed and then perfected by the crew. On occasion I had to return my iced coffee as the employee forgot to add liquid sugar leaving the beverage a little bitter. I always have good experiences when visiting my local McDonald's. Although you don't get the relaxing atmosphere of a coffee shop, having a McCafe beverage while visiting McDonald's with the kids can be delightful.

Yummy and refreshing

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

Totally the best ever. I love these and will drive thirty minutes out of my way to get one if I have to. Which sometimes I do because I live in a very rural area and when the craving for one hits....... I'm not even a real coffee drinker, I like iced coffee. These give you all the alertness of coffee while being in milkshake style and is just a big cup of awesome to me. If you have never tried one then you are definitely missing out.

McCafe' Mocha and Iced are GREAT!

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

I must give it to McDonald's here, these products are just as good if not better than the major coffee shop chains. I wouldn't have expected a product like this from a so-called fast food chain. They also won't clean out your wallet like the major coffee chains do.

That caffeine fix on a budget

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

I (and my wallet) survive on McCafe. I get at least one Iced Mocha at least. They aren't very strong, so they are perfect for people that aren't a huge fan of a strong coffee taste. They are definitely strong enough to give a boost though. They are a third of the price of coffee house coffee but all the good taste. They also have an option for nonfat milk, so you can really cut calories. I was so happy the day McDonalds started selling coffee.

Really not for coffee lovers

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

My go to beverage as a teenager was an iced mocha from McDonalds. These vanilla syrup flavored beverages hardly resemble the adult drink of choice of coffee, and are more like a sugar filled coffee extract beverage. Do yourself a favor and save about 1000 calories by just making your own at home with real coffee.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about McDonald's McDonalds McCafe Iced Mocha Coffee:

I used to love love love the iced mocha but recently they seem to have no coffee in them at all and I am left with a overly sweet chocolate milk. I realize they are reasonably priced but not if they continue to serve milk and no coffee. I tried several times and each time was disappointed so now they have lost my business and Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts gets my morning visit.