Other Refrigerators:

Pros

Cons

Ice, ice, baby, ice...

Comments about Maytag Top Freezer Refrigerator M8RXEGMXB:

This refrigerator is, if anything, too cold. The top shelf in fact freezes anything that is liquid and freezable. Water in a Brita pitcher...frozen solid. Gatorade...solid ice. Hot onions for hotdogs...ice. Everything else is appropriately cold. The only thing we can keep on the top shelf is beer, because it doesn't freeze. We were limited by the amount of space (height and width) so this was our only choice at the time. We are looking to redo the kitchen, so this will be replaced by another model. We are however happy with the other Maytag appliances that we have, so the replacement will probably be a Maytag.

Noise Level
This refrigerator is very quiet.

Interior Organization
Light/controls intrusive on the top shelf. The center can only hold short items that won't freeze.

Temperature Control
As I said, it's too cold on the top shelf of the refrigerator. The other shelves are fine.

Can't kill it with a stick!

Top shelf has problems with light and controls.

• Temperature Control:

I love this refrigerator!

Comments about Maytag Top Freezer Refrigerator M8RXEGMXB:

I love it!! Plenty of freezer/refrigerator room! I have two kids and always have leftover dinner and can fit a couple days worth in the fridge or freezer.

Temperature Control
I love the temperature controls in the crisper drawers.

Very easy to clean.

Very durable my four year old leaves drawers open and slams the door and they are all still intact.

I love the design.

Mostly good....

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Maytag Top Freezer Refrigerator M8RXEGMXB:

Ok, I think I got the right model number.... Had this for years and mostly happy with it. The biggest complaint I would have is the NOISE level. One other person said the ice maker was their problem...maybe we need to disconnect it and see if that solves our problem. It's always been the noisiest monster and the living room is not far away so it can be very bothersome. It's been reliable and we've not had any problems with it -- seems pretty good from that respect. The interior is pretty basic and ok. If you aren't careful, you can have issues with the drawers for the produce falling apart. I don't like the way the shelves attach in mine -- they have these clips that are hard to remove but the shelves aren't supported well if the clips are taken out. All in all for the price, it's a decent fridge. Seals seem decent unlike some of the other fridges I've seen.

Quite loud.

Temperature Control
Never had any problems with it keeping things cool.

My biggest complaint would be the freezer...need some shelves or something...

• Temperature Control:

This refrigerator works fine but is a noisy appliance.

from Rib Lake, WI

Comments about Maytag Top Freezer Refrigerator M8RXEGMXB:

This refrigerator works at keeping foods cool but it is noisy and somewhat hard to clean.

Noise Level
The refrigerator is so noisy that it is a relief when it shuts off -I am thankful for the quiet when it is off. It makes a lot of noise too when it defrosts-you hear the water running in the pan underneath.

It is very hard to clean underneath the pull out crisper drawers and in the cracks and crevices along the shelves and shelf guides. The drawers have a little indent in the corners that is very hard to wipe out.

• Temperature Control:

Great refrigerator for a great price

from Ashland, OH

Comments about Maytag Top Freezer Refrigerator M8RXEGMXB:

We bought this refrigerator a little over a year ago when it was on sale. The white is easy to clean and the shelves are also easy to clean. I love all the adjustments I can make for the shelves and compartments on the door, it makes it easy to personalize my refrigerator for my needs. There is decent shelf space, lots of compartments on the door, and a good amount of freezer space as well. It is also light enough for me to pull away from the wall if and when I need to clean under and behind it. There is about an inch gap from the bottom to the floor which my toddler frequently takes advantage of and shoves stuff underneath it.

Noise Level
The ice maker can be very loud sometimes, we just got used to it.

Temperature Control
Depending on the weather outside (we live in Florida), I sometimes need to turn it up if it's really hot in our house.

• Temperature Control:

Really nice fridge for a great price!

from Lake Charles, LA

Comments about Maytag Top Freezer Refrigerator M8RXEGMXB:

We recently bought this fridge and we are really pleased with it. It's very easy to configure the interior and door shelves to fit your needs. The freezer compartment is spacious and the perfect size for my husband and I.