Other Clothes Dryers:

Maytag Performa Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

• Load Capacity:

I love this Maytag Performa Dryer!!

from Hanover, PA

Comments about Maytag Performa Electric Dryer:

This dryer is the best one I have had yet. It has an adjustable dryness sensor so once you figure out what setting works for your loads, it shuts off when the clothes are dry (without shrinking them). It cleans up nicely (we had a crayon go through it once). The biggest downfall is that the dryer lint catcher is not very sturdy and may need replacing after a while.

Load Capacity
Large capacity can dry loads nicely. Large comforters do need to be removed and flipped around to dry properly (not quite big enough for those).

Dries everything quickly and evenly.

Turn dials and push in. Very simple.

Has held up for years.

Pretty basic design but works well. Has fins in drum that keep clothes moving around well.

Excellent fast dryer

Comments about Maytag Performa Electric Dryer:

We just moved into a house that had this dryer and I love it! I'm not particular about style and don't need top of the line. My husband and I have 4 young kids (age 7,5,3,1) and we do LOTS of laundry. It holds a lot of clothes and dries fairly quickly. The buzzer is kind of loud so we just shut the laundry room door. We are very happy with it.

very large

most things comes out dry the first time.

easy to understand controls

good so far!

nice white design

• Load Capacity:

Excellent dryer for a reasonable price

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about Maytag Performa Electric Dryer:

This dryer has outlived the matching washer, which I was also quite impressed with. It has had to handle thousands of loads, mostly extra large, without complaint. It still works as well as the day we brought it home, and although it is not a new model, I am still quite satisfied with it. I would definitely recommend this dryer, although I have heard of some people having issues with trapped lint, I have not had that problem, even after several years of regular use (at least 5 loads/week, and usually more).

xl capacity

I love the auto dry cycles!

Standard, nothing fancy

• Load Capacity:

Maytag Performa Dryer Performs!

from Freeport, IL

Comments about Maytag Performa Electric Dryer:

We purchased our Maytag Performa dryer almost 10 years ago. We have really not had any issues with it especially for the price. I like the various settings it has - especially the low dry for more delicate and kids clothing. I also appreciate that it almost always dries the clothes/items in just one dryer cycle. As a busy mom I also apprecaite that it has a buzzer that buzzes twice before the dryer stops. It lets me know to either pull the clothes out or restart the dryer if necessary. That way I don't have to keep track! The only issue I have had (and not all of the time) is that it seems to overheat sometimes. Not sure if it is because I have too much in there, but sometimes the clothes/items are almost burning when I pull them out. Otherwise, for the age and price, this is a great dryer.

great dryer, just a little slow

from Warsaw, IN

Comments about Maytag Performa Electric Dryer:

My husband and I bought a Maytag performa dryer 3 years ago when our other dryer finally died a slow death on us.  I love all the features on this dryer.  The sensor means that is doesn't run longer than necessary and use extra electricity, so it is economical and great for the environment.  Also it contains 5 different heat settings so I can use it for just about anything.  The wrinkle prevent is a nice feature, even though I do not use it.  My only complaints would be that it takes a really long time to dry my towels, about two hours.  Also on occasion the clothing is not dry when the sensor cycle has said it is, but that has only happened on a few rare occasions.  Also if I could change another thing I would like to be able to disable the cool down feature as it uses extra electricity and I don't think it is necessary.  I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new dryer as it works just as great three years after we bought it as it did on the day we had it installed.

Maytag Performa is great for the price.

from Mahomet, IL

Comments about Maytag Performa Electric Dryer:

We purchased this dryer when we first married, 7 years ago.  The drum was dented when we bought it and just a few phone calls were necessary to get a repairman into our home to fix it.  The warranty covered the expense and after a couple drums (the next one was dented as well) we had a well-working machine.  We have moved this dryer 6 times in the last 7 years and it has held up very well.  A few drawbacks for this machine: it does not typically dry the clothes the first round, which is a bit aggravating.  There is no option to turn off the buzzer, which I really wish it had, as I have little kids that get woken up by that buzzer.  The dryer hoze is a pain to attach, but that's the case with all dryers.  I do like that there's the option to change the type of outlet, as we have lived in houses that have required both types.  Overall this has been a great machine for us, but I almost wish it would die so I could upgrade my machine!

Maytag Performa, Love the Extended Tumble feature.

Comments about Maytag Performa Electric Dryer:

We bought our Maytag Performa electric dryer six years ago. We bought it to match our Maytag washer. We are currnently using this Maytag Performa dryer. One of the reasons we purchased this particular Maytag dryer was the Extended Tumble feature, which helps prevent your clothes from wrinkling if you forget to pull them out right away. The Extended Tumble feature will turn your dryer back on for an extra sixty minutes. This allows the clothes to tumble so they will be wrinkle free. The extra sixty minutes is unheated or no heat. There is a knob to turn this feature off or on. I like that the lint filter is located at the front of the dryer just under the door opening. It is easy to pull out and clean for each drying cycle. I also like the Damp Dry feature which I use to partially dry the items that I inteded to hang dry. I also find that being able to turn the signal off or on is a great plus. The only downside is the ocassional smell of overheating if you do many loads of laundry it one day.

I'm happy

from Austin, AR

Comments about Maytag Performa Electric Dryer:

I have had my Maytag Performa Dryer for approximately two years now and so far I am very please with it's performance. It has a heavy duty, large capabity and dries large loads of clothes really fast. I especially love the wrinkle-free feature as I have a tendency to forget about the clothes and hate to come back to a wrinkled mess. It's very quiet. It has your standard damp dry and timed cycles as well as air dry. It also has several drying temperatures which is nice for delicates. I especially like the large opening which makes it easy to get the entire load out at once. All in all I think it's a great dryer for the money and since it's a Maytag it should last forever. This is the fourth Maytag dryer that I have purchased and if it performs as well as the other ones, I should have many, many years of maintenance and repair free performance. You know that that Maytag repairment is a very lonely guy!