3.7
MDB7609AWB, MDB7609AWW, MDB7609AWS
Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher

Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher

3.7

Excellent machine and great value for the money!

**Our Maytag diswasher is a trooper for our family's cleaning needs.  I have a husband and 2 boys and they eat me out of house and  home but that's ok because I keep up with the mess of the dirty dishes, pots, pans, stemware, bowls, and many other items with the aid of our Maytag dishwasher.  It matches my kitchen perfectly and is so easy to run.  All push button with cycles that are so quiet that we don't even know our dishwasher is running.  The various cycles are nice to have because I can just do a quick rinse or I can do a heavy duty wash with really dirty pots, pans, and dishes.  The nice thing about our dishwasher is that we don't have to rinse off our dishes so much before we load the dishwasher.  The Maytag just cleans up the mess and leaves absolutey not grime or residues.  It does a great job on glasses, too, even nice wine goblets with no spots left after the drying cycle.  And, it's fast.  Really fast and thorough.**

***Thanks Maytag for another great product!!!!***

seemed to be good at first untill maitenance came along

my maytag dishwasher where do i start well i bought this about a year ago and it seemed to work fine the first couple of months i have no children or people monkying around with it that shouldnt be anyway after 2 or 3 months of using this washer i noticed my glasses were becoming deformed its almost like the dishwasher puts out too much heat and messes with the structure of glasses not only that some of my dishes were not coming out clean i mean im not a dishwasher technician or anything but i payed good money for something that doesnt seem to work right maybe a faulty machine or maybe the company put it on the store shelves just to make money knowing it was malfunctioning i had to contact the company and talked to them on the phone for hours the good thing about it is they understood my problem like they knew this phone call was coming so if i had to sum it up in a couple words i would say a great dishwasher if you dont mind paying for maitnence

Maytag Jetclean is good for the money

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

We've had our new Maytag Jetclean dishwasher for about a month. So far it cleans the dishes very well. I have yet to pull out a dish that needs to be re-cleaned. However, it does a horrible job of drying. I have used the settings recommended for optimal drying and I use Jet Dry. The dishes don't come out soaking wet, but they have sort of a wet film on them. I've noticed that the lower half of the dishwasher door always has condensation on it after a wash cycle. I end up having to dry a lot of my dishes by hand which I do not like. There's also not a lot of space on the top rack. However, the bottom rack has enough room to make up for that. This dishwasher is very quiet, especially compared to our old one where I couldn't even use the phone when it was on. It does make sound, but it's not very noticeable. I would not recommend this dishwasher just because it doesn't dry the dishes. That's a deal breaker for me.

Cleaning Time
It takes forever to go through a cycle.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

On the curb, waiting for the trash

from Braintree, MA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

Have had this machine for less than two years. First the lights on the option side wouldn't light but it would still work. Then the unit would not work at all. Pressing start, nothing. I took off the control panel only to find the gasket around the steam vent not fitting properly. Now I know, the circuits are fried from the steam. Called Maytag, "Sorry, can't do anything for you." Great. Now I have something that if I fix I just may have the same problem again with. Less than 2 years and I'm looking at buying another dishwasher. No wonder Maytag only has a 1 yr warranty, they know they're product will only last as long as that. Guess it's on to Samsung or GE.

Gets the job done!

from Mount Vernon, OH

Pros

Cons

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

I have had my Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-In Dishwasher for over a year now and have been so far really pleased with it. When my really old dishwasher died, I spent months researching which dishwasher to buy while I saved up the money needed to purchase a new one. After researching and looking at dishwashers at several stores I settled on this Maytag. I have been pleased with it's ability to clean dishes the first time around and with how quietly it runs. What a vast improvement over my old dishwasher. It is easy to load and unload and holds plenty of dishes in different sizes. I like that I can even fit my big stock pot inside. They only drawbacks that I have found is that the bottom rack does have a tendency to run off it's track especially if heavily loaded. You just have to be careful when pulling it out. If you have young children who like to push buttons I would also advice buying one with the ability to lock all the buttons which this one does not have.

Not thrilled

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

We purchased and had installed this dishwasher in December.  So we've been using it about 6 weeks.  It washes the dishes well.  The thing we don't like about it is you have to use jet dry or it won't dry your dishes.  So it's an extra expense.  It has very few settiings and choices and we didn't realize that when we got it.  We should have paid more attention but we were buying an entire kitchen suite and overlooked that there is no timer to set so you can start it in the middle of the night or anything.  Just a couple of settings and that's it.  We would not purchase this same model again, no way.

This Maytag Dishwasher needs work

from Norman, OK

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

With all the new Maytag hype going on, you would think they would start making a decent product again. We purchased the MDB7609aww because We needed a strong, lond lasting, economical, and quiet machine for our new house. It was wonderfull. Our dishes were amazingly clean and it was super quiet with a decibal rating of only 59. We just knew we had made the right decision. Then its true colors came leaking out. First thing to go wronge was the pump seal. If your going to put a water pump next to electrical wires, please make sure your seal holds up. Then the door started leaking. What a mess that made. We thought we had made it past the nightmare when the water line elbow started leaking. Now when we decided to go with maytag, the sales person told us about a change that maytag/whirpool had made to the elbow that they were using and that it would save us the hastle of worrying about leaks. I shouldnt have listened. Better yet, I should have purchased one of those new leak safe water lines. The elbow didnt work. I should have known that it wouldnt because one end looked like a water hose adapter. This all took place within the first 3 months of having the diswasher. Luckily the store that we purchased it from was willing to take it back and replace it with a better and even more cost effective model.

wouldnt own anything else

from Summerfield, NC

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

maytag is  the very best in my opinion when it comes to all appliances.bought a new maytag jet clean dishwasher when i first moved  into my new home and lasted for 16 years. It was still working when i got rid of it but leaked bad around the door because it had cracked. bought a new maytag to replace that one with

Get, the scum out in one easy step and makes dishes sparkle.

from Clarksburg, CA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

My maytag has done a supurb job and worked tirelessly for endless loads of dishes...If I could only get my son and husband on that some mode I'd have it made.Dishes done in snap however it could have adjustable section for pots and pans this would make loading easier.

It was in our house when we moved in, I want another one.

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

We purchased our home, in 2009, with all the appliances included, this was the dishwasher that was placed in 2002. There is nothing fancy or special about this particular model, which is not the problem. I rated this dishwasher average because it only cleans about 1/2 to 2/3 of the dishes in each load. I have tried filling it less, changing my loading style, and practically washing the dishes by hand before putting them in a load. Simply put, multiple dishes do not get cleaned, the onces that are cleaned do not get dried very well, and the machine gets a layer of mildew that I clean off on a weekly basis. The tray that holds dishwashing detergent used to get stuck and little/no detergent would be used, so I started putting in the Cascade ActionPaks and not close the little tray. This still did not improve the cleanability of this dishwasher. The few positives: it is quiet, the top tray seems to work better, and it saves me a little time rather than hand washing all of our dishes.

We LOVE this dishwasher.

from Mount Holly, NC

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

Just go this dishwasher about two months ago. We usually run it AT LEAST once a day. It always gets the dishes clean and dries them completely. This was big for us b/c who wants to rinse and dry your dishes when using a dishwasher. So far nothing negative to say. It looks like we finally got a product that works!

I'm in love with doing dishes again!

from Provo, UT

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

After not having a dishwasher for 9 years, we decided to finally purchase one and this one was the one we got. We've had it for 4 months now and we love it. It is very quiet and does an awesome job. We have stuck some pretty nastt pots and pans in there too but they always come out spotless. Be sure to use jet dry and a good detergent and you'll have a good experience to. I love the sanitize feature when someone is sick in the family and the steam clean works great for those casserole pans!