3.9
MFI2568AEW
Maytag French Door Refrigerator

Maytag French Door Refrigerator

3.9

I love this refrigerator!"

I was so unhappy with my previous refrigerator. It was a top-freezer model. Manufacturers increased the size of top freezers considerably and this was good, as far as storing more frozen food is concerned. However, it made using the bottom miserable. I am not extremely tall but tall enough that I had to bend way over to see into the refrigerator portion of my unit. The vegetable drawers, being at the very bottom, were really inconvenient to use. Finally, this dog of an appliance died! I bought the Maytag French door model and it is heaven. I open the double top doors and everything is laid out before my eyes. I can see where all my items are at a glance and reach anything without standing on my head! The fruit and vegetable drawers are right before my eyes too. I can see what they contain at a glance and can also regulate the temperature for each drawer. And then there is what I think is the best part ...the deli drawer. It is huge! It goes all the way across the width of the unit and is as deep as the unit. The temperature can be adjusted and I find meat and cheeses keep for a much longer time. There is also a dairy compartment in the right-hand door with a temperature control. I am able to keep it very cold for a longer shelf life there too. I wasn't sure I would like the bottom freezer, but I love it too. It glides out very easily and the sliding baskets and bottom bins are generous in storage capacity. They are very easy to organize and everything is easily visible. I would purchase this Maytag again without considering another product.

Maytag Frernch Door Fridge - a little disappointed

My last refrigerator died while I was on vacation, so had to use garage fridge until I could purchase a new one. I did a lot of looking and comparing and decided on the M aytage French Door fridge. It has 2 doors on top and a pull out drawer for freezer compartment. It also has water and ice in door. I am a little sorry about my decision. First, if ice is not used often, it gets a white coating on  it and same with water it has a funky taste if not used often. I thought I would have loads of room but the size is deceiving. I have 3 drawers in fridge 1 for fruits, 1 for veggies and a drawer that is as wide as fridge on bottom for larger items.has drawer shelves 2 on 1 side and 1 on the other. The shelves are moveable so you can accomodate large pots. But  as far as space is concerned, I think I had more room in my last fridge. The freezer is a pull out draawer, It has 4 drawers in it. that all slide out or in. the top baskets are rather small and the bottoms are deep,  but it is still hard to have enough room to store all freezer items after grocery shopping. The freezer space is just too small. All in all if I had to do it over again, I would probably not purchase it.It is also noisy when making ice or whatever. It makes a somewhat loud banging noise.

Love the French doors...but not enough room inside

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I thought I would really love the fridge, and overall, I am happy. But the icemaker in the door really takes up too much room on the shelf inside. I did not realize how much room I would lose, but it seems like a ton. Other than that, I am happy with it though.

• Noise Level:
  • Interior Organization:
  • Temperature Control:

Puzzled

from Sausalito, CA

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

This Maytag has a water dispenser that only delivers room temperature water. Why would an individual need a room temperature water dispenser from a refridgerator? Most refridgerator in the same price range have crushed and cubed ice plus a cold water settings. This one only was cube ice and the aforementioned, room tempersture setting. I did check into this and was advised that this is just the way it is. Some of the parts are fragile. The hinge on the deli drawer broke right away and upon being repaired - it broke again.

What a great design

from Rockford, IL

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I just love my new Maytag fridge with the freezer on the bottom. I have six kids and store alot of food. This fridge has so much storage space. With the fridge on top it sure makes finding things easier since they are at eye level. The drawers are deep and spacious and the big deli drawer on the bottom will hold the huge platters of food I make for parties. The freezer also has two big drawers that slide back so things can be organized and easy to locate. We had an issue with the computer board when we first got it, but they sent someone out immediately and took care of it. Love having the ice and water in the door as I have six kids and they can easily get their drinks now. The one thing I don't like is that the ice dispenser tends to shoot some cubes on the floor. I plan to stick with Maytag. It looks great in our new kitchen, though I do have to wipe off fingerprints daily. I love that it is energy efficient.

Hate this thing

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I should have done more reviews or at least asked around more about refrigerators.  First, I am not a fan of the freezer on the bottom.   I will say I thought I would be.  However I hate it.  I hate that it has that chest freezer feel to it.  Everything gets buried and you can never find anything you want in it.  Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to actually find what I want in it, and that is NOT energy efficient at all.   Completely takes away the advantage of having it energy efficient.  Not to mention that my 3 year old daughter can open the drawer without a problem so that means I have to be extra careful because she likes to take things out of there.  Granted she's only in the kitchen with me and I barely just turn my back to cook something but it's still very annoying to me.  I would probably never buy a refrigerator with this option again.  Not to mention I have had to had the repair guy at my house now 3 times to fix the ice option... now that it's not under warranty I have given up.   Just old school ice for us for now on.

Great refrigerator for the price!

from Fort Scott, KS

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

**The Maytag MFI2568AE Side by Side French Door Refrigerator is amazing!  We have only had it for less than six months, but so far we absolutely love it.  First of all, I love the black color because it matches perfectly with the rest of our appliances.  Next, we upgraded from a single refrigerator with a freezer on top.  It was so small we could barely fit anything in it!  When you have two kids and a hungry husband it does not work very well.  My sister recommended the Maytag side by side french door refrigerator because that is what they have.  I love having the ice and water on the front.  It also has so much more room than before.  The only thing I don't really like about the ice is that it takes up more room than I would like.  I guess that's better than having ice trays though!  Overall, it is an excellent refrigerator!  We have not had any repairs at all, but we have had it only six months so far.**

best one i have ever had

from Macon, GA

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

i have had this refrigerator for awhile now and enjoy it very much.

it is good looking and very functional.

the space is large enough to store all my cold and frozen items, i would never get any other type.

i love this!

from Pella, IA

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

this is the best refridgerator!!!!! it is stylish and practical! i wish i would have gotten the black one instead of the white though, it shows every stain and fingerprint. and i am constantly washing the front of it, which is difficult beacause it is covered with drawings and notes etc. .

Maytag Frernch Door Fridge - a little disappointed

from Lancaster, NY

Best Refrigerator Ive Ever Owned

from Loxahatchee, FL

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

When this style refrigerator first came out I searched every brand and price I could find. I did not buy it right away because none of them had any ice and water available in the door. This is a must when you have a large family and kids running around. This way your refrigerator is not being opened and closed everytime someone wants a drink of water. Finally i found this Maytag and I was thrilled not only did it have ice and water but it had movable shelves, cooler area in door for milk and other drinks, and wallah it had a pull out drawer large enough for platters. I had to have it and the price was the same as the other models that did not have all of these features. I'm in love.

Very Elegant for a Refrigerator

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

When looking for a refrigerator, there were several that caught the eye.  I was looking for something that not only keeps food, freezes, icemaker, water-line and all the other features of a refrigerator, but because of the layout of my kitchen area, I wanted something that was going to keep the Kitchen elegant.  When seeing this refrigerator, the side and the perfect fit in the area of my kitchen, it was a grabber and a keeper.  The texture of the refrigerator, topped with the black color gives it that shiny, glossy look, which reflects and give beauty to the kitchen.  It is space efficient.  When cleaning you don't have to pull the whole refrigerator out to get the different trays or glass out, which makes it easy to clean.  When changing from cube to crush ice, you don't have to give it all you got because the buttons are sentative to the touch, and the water don't continue to flow, even after you have removed your finger, and the water-line was not hard to install.  So this refrigerator is a keeper...