3.2
Maytag
MED5600TQ
Maytag Electric Dryer

Love Maytag!

I have had several Maytag products over the years, including this dryer, and they are always top notch. Load Capacity The load capacity on this dryer is pretty standard. I don't need a huge capacity for my laundry since it is just my husband and me, but this works great for everything we do, including sheets, comforters, and large loads of towels. Performance This dryer is pretty fast. The clothes usually get dry before I expect them to. I usually check about 3/4 through the cycle and end up taking them out early. Ease of Use This is a pretty simple and straightforward dryer without a lot of bells and whistles, which means it's very easy to use. A good number of settings, but not so many that it gets confusing. Durability I've had this dryer for about 10 years and never had a problem with it. It hasn't had heavy use since we only do about 2 loads of laundry a week, but that's still a long life. Design The design is fine. It's in a closet so I don't really care what it looks like.

Undisclosed

Don't buy it!!

Don't buy it! This dryer isn't good for anything because nothing EVER dried on the first cycle. We always had to run it at least twice. Good luck getting jeans dry. This dryer was a huge waste of money, not onle did we waste it on the dryer, but electricity, and time. Load Capacity At first we put in too many clothing items and paired down. The thing still didn't dry the clothes with only 8 shirts in it. It was supposed to be able to do at least 12 shirts, this took three times to dry. Even then, they were still damp. Performance We had to run it three times with small loads before they got dry, even just light shirts and shorts took that long to dry. We laid our jeans out in the sun to dry because they never got dry. It was making our electric bill sky high running it so much. I only had it for two years and from the start it didn't work well. Ease of Use I was really easy to use. The knobs were labeled and were extremely self explanatory. You just put the clothes in, turn the nozzle to correct setting, and push the button, but you have to do it three times before your clothes get dry. Durability It didn't dry that well from the start so I don't think that it was durable from the start. Design It looked nice but I just wanted it to work. I didn't care what it looked like because it was in my laundry room.

Galt, CA

false

The Maytag Centennial Electric Dryer is AWFUL!

Seriously. I hate this dryer. I have had nothing but problems with it since the day it arrived. Both times. Yes, I had to replace it because it was so bad and it was still awful. The first dryer didn't dry very well at all. We would have to run the dryer three time to get the clothes dry!!! Three times! Now, this is supposed to be an energy efficient model but how efficient is it if you have to run it three times for one load. We set the washer to extra spin in case it was because the clothes were too wet going in. It still took two runs. so we called an asked for a replacement, think it was that particular dryer. Nope, apparently it is all of these dryers. The second dryer is better in that it only takes one and a half runs to dry the clothes if we set the washer to extra spin. Still, though, it should only take one run. Now, the starter is going. It makes a huge, scary clanking noise whenever we start it and something is bouncing around inside! Also, it has smelled like smoke before. I'm afraid that the house is going to burn down whenever we use it. I wish I had never purchased this dryer! I am calling Maytag and complaining!

Cromwell, CT

false

Very pleased with this maytag dryer!

I'm a guy. I don't like doing laundry, but I also don't think it's fair for someone else to do it for me. I purchased the maytag after hearing great reviews on the brand in total. I'm pretty happy with the results, it doesn't suck power, which keeps my power bill low, but dries pretty much everything on one cycle. (Of course there are exceptions with bed comforters, but to be honest, i don't think i've ever seen a dryer dry one of those in one cycle) The lint trap is easy to clean, however get's filled quick, so i make it a habit of cleaning it after each load. I don't get much vibration unless i overfill it, which is my fault and i can't hold it against this brand for my ignorance. Setup and installation was a breeze and after negotiating I got all the accessories required for install included with my purchase price. It's not a light dryer by any means, but it's sturdy. I would recommend it to anyone with a family of 1-3 due to the capacity on it.

Mobile, AL

true

Maytag Centennial Dryer is the best dryer I've ever owned.

My Maytag Centennial dryer is the best dryer I've ever owned. I'm so glad I was finally able to buy Maytag. My mother had a set of Maytags (washer and dryer) for more than 30 years. My Maytag is gentle, energy-saving, and yet very effective. It dries my clothes in record time. But it's not too hot. I've had it for nearly 10 years now and not one problem with it, even after moving 3 times. I love my Maytag dryer!

Zephyrhills, FL