Other Clothes Dryers:
MEDB400VQ
Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer

Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer

Maytag outperforms

I purchased the Maytag Bravos dryer with my Maytag Bravos washer several months ago. It does a great job overall. The washing machine spins clothing so dry there's very little left for the dryer to do. It has all the familiar settings, so easy to use.

It has a sound signal to tell you when the cycle is complete. This feature can be turned off if you don't like being summoned to the laundry room.

It's a little noisy, I think. The installer showed me the difference in the blowing compared to my old machine and that's where the noise is coming from. It blows baby!

I usually use the normal setting for most clothes and notice that sometimes lighter loads aren't dry good-which I find odd. If I were not at home all the time, this might annoy me. The heavier loads (like towels) are always dry when on normal setting.

Maytag has a great reputation for dependability and I expect the machine to live up to the Maytag word.

As far as dryers go, this one is pretty nice.

Unless you purchase a steam dryer, there aren't really many options to consider when purchasing a dryer other than size. This dryer is over seven cubic feet in size, which is plenty big for a large load of towels, or a king sized comforter. My wife and I rescue dogs, so I tend to wash a great deal of hair covered clothes. This dryer comes with an over-sized lent trap built into the door opening, and can go multiple loads without being emptied (though this is unadvisable). It always manages to thoroughly dry every load in one cycle. My only complaint about this model is that after about six months of use, the heat vent in the back of the unit (the metal plate full of holes) began to turn black, like it was burning. It has been another six months and the problem hasn't gotten any worse. I will continue to monitor this problem, though. Oh yeah, and don't slam the door to the dryer. We managed to break the metal piece off the door than holds the door shut. It was easily re-ordered, through Maytag's website, and easily replaced, however, and now works fine.

I would buy this product again !!!

from South Carolina

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Works Quickly

• Bulky Items
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Sheets & Mattress Covers
    • Towels

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

I use this dryer everyday . The good things about it , it does what it says it will do . Can't say nothing bad about this product !!!

I would buy this product again

from Boston, MA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
    • Easy To Use
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Outstanding wrinkle release
    • Quiet

Cons

• Hard to Clean Lint Filter
    • Takes 2-3 hours hours to dry heavy sweaters and

• Bulky Items
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Sheets & Mattress Covers

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

I have purchased this dryer 7 years ago and it has just broken down . I am not considering repairing it following the technician's advises. I was so in love with this dryer due to the efficiency of the modifiers' options. I am a semi- professional event decorator and I do tons of laundry at home (up to 350 guests linens). This dryer offered the option of selecting the function according the fabric material and most of all drying the 132" polyester tablecloth wrinkle-free. For this function alone, I am committed to this brand forever. It could have lasted longer if I was compliant the maintenance as described by the manufacturer. Thanks again!

Great Dryer!

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

Overall, I love this dryer. It has a fantastic large drum that fits a lot and still leaves plenty of room for the clothes to move. The matching washer does a great job of wringing out the clothes prior to them needing to be dried, making the dryers job much easier. Settings are simple and easy to use. My son gets a real kick out of the little "song" it plays when you turn it on. My biggest complaint is the dryer sensor. I wish it gave you the option to turn this feature off. When drying a large load it dries great but when drying just a small load it always seems to automatically shut off before the clothes are completely dry. This means constantly checking and restarting until they dry. Having the option to shut off this feature on certain loads (such as smaller ones) would be very beneficial as the sensor doesn't seem to be reading them as well. Other than that, love this dryer. It is fast and efficient and it looks great!

Load Capacity
    Can't beat the load capacity!

Perfect except for the auto shut-off sensor which turns off to soon on smaller loads.

• Load Capacity:

Maytag Bravos Electric Dryer, A Great Buy!

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

When my old dryer died, I bought this Maytag to match the Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer that I had purchased a year prior. It has been a great replacement and match to the washer and it works great! My favorite features: the wrinkle prevention feature, the large capacity, it's ability to dry well and timely regardless of the temperature setting, the automatic sensor that shuts off the dryer when the clothes are dry and the display that estimates how much longer it will be before the clothes are dry!

Load Capacity
    This dryer has a great large load capacity! I have dried up to a dozen towels or 6 to 8 pair of jeans with no problem.

Works great!! It drys with a sensor that will turn off the dryer when the load is dry, a periodic automatic tumble to keep load from wrinkling if they are not removed when done, and regardless of the temperature setting the clothes dry in a timely manner!

It can't get much easier...put clothes in drum, set to dry with automatic sensors and hit start!

With the exception of a scratch and dent on it when I purchased it (floor model) this dryer has not had any problems since I have owned it.

Not too much difference in design compared to other electric dryers...front load, dials on top, lint filter at top...I do like the light inside the drum...I have never had a light in the dryer before.

Interactive and fun

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

Was easy and fun to use. Felt like the dryer sang to me. I really enjoyed doing laundry with this dryer. It was really different and I never thought I would enjoy to do laundry but by some miracle I began to enjoy doing laundry thanks to this dryer and I did about 30 loads in one day.

Load Capacity
    Was extremely easy to figure out how long a load had to be put in the dryer in order to dry.

Was so easy to use that I could use it half asleep

Gets the job done!

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

Although I cannot say that this is the best dryer unit out there, I must say that it certainly does get the job done. After all, I am satisfied as long as I get freshly laundered clothes by the end of the cycle. It is rather simple to operate, which is definitely a plus, as some washer/dryer units are confusing- the labels are ambiguous, which makes what should be an otherwise simple task of washing clothes more complex, thus wasting one's time and energy. However, on more than one occasion, I have found that the noise of the dryer is rather loud and annoying; sadly this cannot be avoided. Other than this one complaint, I do not have anything negative to say about this dryer unit. I have been using this dryer for approximately eight years, and it still has been functioning smoothly since the day I began to use it. Therefore, I do recommend this product as it gets the basic necessities done.

Does the job!

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

I really like this dryer. It's the first dryer I've owned, and hopefully it'll be the last I'll have to buy! It seems like really good quality.I bought this machine a year ago, and it's still good as new. It dries quickly, and senses when the clothes are still damp. You can also do wrinkle preventor, which keeps your clothes from wrinkling before you can get to them. It dries large loads which I love! It takes about 40 minutes for a dry time.

Load Capacity
    This machine can hold at least 2 loads of towels.

Consitently dries clothes well.

Simple drying functions

Bought this machine a year ago, and it's still as good as new!

Looks good next to the Bravos XL washer

• Load Capacity:

If you want to spend more money on electricity buy this dryer!

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

Dryer takes two hours to dry jeans. Had to have service man come out within two months of having dryer to put back on the belt. After it was fixed we still have the two hour drying issue.

Drying time is horrible!

Service call within few months of ownership for belt. He tried to tell us that it was the vent and it was clogged. Had to argue with him to check the belt. Thanks goodness for the internet or I'd have dealt with him twice.

• Load Capacity:

electric dries as well as my old gas

from Mount Juliet, TN

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

This is the best dryer I've ever owned in 55 years. We have usually bought gas for gentler drying, but this electric dries just as well and very quickly without the need to have a gas line installed. Maytag is still the best.. It has a great capacity and is relatively quiet. It is still fairly new but we haven't had any trouble out of it. We did not buy the extended warranty, because we've never needed oen for a Maytag.. I like the different settings en though I don't have to change them often. Drying times are quick and usually faster than shown on the display (because of the efficient Maytag washer?) The buttons are well spaced out and easy for an old woman to use. I don't miss the ironing. Results are usually wrinkle free. The unit is in a wash area off the kitchen and does not disturb with its mild noise.

I love my Maytag Bravo: Cloths dried faster than washer can wash

from Saco, ME

Comments about Maytag Bravos Series Electric Dryer:

My old machines were dying a slow death but killing the electric bill in the process.  So......2009 Black Friday I found that a store had the Maytag Bravo Set for sale for under a grand for both!  WHOOHOO!  So in the cold of a Maine day after thanksgiving at 6am guess where I was, yup, outside in line.  Doors opened and all 10 of us half popsicles tried to run in to the various areas, I was so set to head to the appliances area I walked right by apparently the bigger thing everyone wanted, some kind of shop vac, but anyway, appliances here I come!  I got there and flagged down the only poor salesperson that morning.  Don't think he was expecting so many of us all at once :)  I stood infront of the machines and said I want this and pointed down.  He said ok.  Then wrote it up for me.  Set up delivery and home they came.

I could not have loved a washer and dryer more.  A year later they are still kicking, no service calls and nothing but super clean and dry clothes.  The dryer finishes before the washer.  Had no clue what that was like before.  The drier was a front loader and the washer was a top loader which was what I wanted.  They are digital and work well.  I did take the mans suggestion of the extended warranty for the washer as it made sense to me.  Computer parts go wacky at times and these had computer boards in them, obviously, with digital.  I did not on the dryer but did on the washer.

I have ultra clean clothing and I swear that washer goes at warp spin!  Things come out half dry already!  I even had a friend that was here one day and used the machines call me when they had to replace their dryer and she wanted what I had.  I told her the one and that is what she got too!  I had no idea she loved them as much as I do but she did even using them just once!