Other Shampoos:
Matrix So Silver Shampoo

Matrix So Silver Shampoo

Pros

Cons

My favorite shampoo ever!

from Yulee, FL

Comments about Matrix So Silver Shampoo:

This is absolutely my favorite shampoo. I have always wanted to dye my hair white and I have spent a lit of time and money bleaching it and using other toners that seriously would do nothing at all besides dry my hair out. This shampoo is a dark purple and it can stain things but if you rinse it immediately that won't be an issue. Don't worry about it turning your hands purple, you are in the shower and by the time you have dome everything else after washing your hair your hands will be clean. I would suggest not leaving it on your hair longer than 3 - 5 minutes. It will start to turn your hair closer to a bluish gray especially if your hair is porous like mine. Don't worry though one normal shampooing with something other than so silver and it will be fine. Also do not use this product every the you wash your hair. It acts kind of like a clarifier and it will start to really dry out your hair if you do. Get some good conditioner to pair with this.

It's great for blondes and also people looking for a less yellow toned white or gray. It also is really good for purple or blue hair. It keeps the purple from turning pink as quickly and your blue will stay blue longer as well. (This is from personal experience, I experiment a lot!)

I think it smells amazing, it does kind of have that salon smell so I guess if you don't like that you might disagree.

Matrix So Silver will bring out that blonde!

Comments about Matrix So Silver Shampoo:

Matrix So Silver is an absolute live saver for anyone trying to have that platinum blonde or almost white look. I've used this shampoo on countless clients on the older side that complained about their hair starting to turn white but still having these horrible brassy undertones. Matrix So Silver will help remove those brassy tones to reveal a platinum blonde or white you've always wanted. Don't be scared of the purple color of the shampoo. I promise you, your hair will not turn purple. The purple color is there to counteract those dull brassy under tones to bring out a more vibrant, clear, blonde. If you're one of those people who bleaches their hair at home because you can't afford the salon, you need to try this shampoo. If you look at yourself in the mirror and wonder "Why is my hair yellow?" then you need to try this shampoo. I promise you will be much happier with the look of your hair without causing damage to it. Many people just think they can bleach their hair again right away. That is definitely not the case. Get this shampoo, it will make you much happier.

Use to neutralize unwanted yellow tones

Comments about Matrix So Silver Shampoo:

Works great to neutralize gold or yellow tones in white or platinum blond hair. Use in place of a regular shampoo, then follow with conditioner of choice. Looks natural, and leaves hair clean without feeling coated. Would recommend for anyone with light hair that tends to be to yellow-y.

Takes the yellow out of white hair.

from Oxford, OH

Comments about Matrix So Silver Shampoo:

I bought this product for my husband who has beautiful white hair, but had some yellowing in it. This product is amazing. His hair is now a gorgeous white and he also loves the way his hair feels and styles after using this shampoo. It only takes a little of the shampoo to go a long way. If you want really pretty white hair, then I suggest you try this product.

It removes the yellow tint in white hair quickly and easily.

It has a very light scent.

Matrix's So Silver gets the yellow tones out of bleached hair!

from North Liberty, IA

Comments about Matrix So Silver Shampoo:

I was a little skepical when my hair stylist recommended So Silver, by Matrix.  It is a really dark purple and I thought for sure it would make my hair purple.  But after using it twice my hair had significantly less yellow tones in my hair.  I bleach my hair, and I have dark brown hair normally.  I don't want to over process my hair and turn it to staw, so I bleach it once, then tone, then wash for the next 2 days with So Silver.

Another bonus is that unlike many salon products, this shampoo smells good.  It doesn't have a heavy smell, and it isn't perfumy or acidic.

Because of the dark purple color, you may want to wear gloves when using this shampoo.  It can very quickly dye your hands a very very faint purple color.  I've found if you wash your hands as soon as you are done lathering and again after rinsing if you use your hands, the color doesn't stay.  But if you have especially porous hands, you may want to consider gloves.

Works great on blonde highlights when they start to turn brassy!

Comments about Matrix So Silver Shampoo:

I bought this product over the summer and a big bottle goes a long way. I had my hair high-lighted and over time from spending so much time in the chlorine water in the pool and being active outside in the sun, I noticed that my blonde highlights were turning brassy colored. This shampoo doesn't lather that great so I would mix it with my Matrix Color Care Shampoo to get good coverage on my hair. It doesn't smell bad at all and it works great. It really helped make my highlights vibrant again. You don't have to do it everyday. I only did it once or twice a week and I was very happy with the results. It's a perfect way to keep your hair color looking like you just visited the salon. I'll definitely keep this around my house!

Makes gray hair shine like silver.

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Matrix So Silver Shampoo:

This shampoo has made going gray a wonderful experience.  It enhances the gray to a shiny silver.  It thoroughly cleans but does not strip the hair.  My hair is full of body after using this product.  The shampoo is PURPLE in color which neutralizes any yellow tones in the hair.  I have tried other purple shampoos and they don't work as well as Matrix So Silver.  I love this shampoo and hope it's always around for my hair.  I believe this shampoo is good for blonds too.