3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Our magazines came fast and just as we ordered. No scam here!

**Quick View**

This site has been reliable for me on two occasions and, thus far, I am pleased with the service. Prices are generally good and subscriptions...Read complete review

**Quick View**

This site has been reliable for me on two occasions and, thus far, I am pleased with the service. Prices are generally good and subscriptions start quickly.

**Full View**

After my debacle with *MagsForLess.com* (see my review), I probably should have bypassed all subscription services and just subscribed straight through the publishers of the magazines I wanted but I had been getting email from **Magazines.com** and I wanted to buy my sister, my husband, and myself a couple magazine subscriptions and didn't have time to hunt down each one and order through the publishers. I had ordered through the site before but it was a long while ago and couldn't remember at that time if all went well so I went to check the site out. **Magazines.com** looked reliable. There was a phone number visible on the page and the prices were not too low to be true but were reasonable. I decided to roll the dice and get my subscriptions through the site. We are all enjoying our subscriptions and everything went picture perfectly. I am not sure if that is the norm for this site but I couldn't have asked for anything else from a magazine subscription site. **About the Site** Many top names are represented and there are many lesser known hobby types on the site as well. When you click on a magazine to subscribe to, you will be offered several other choices of magazines that are similar in content. You can add those or ignore them. Add the mags you want to your cart and specify if the magazine is a gift or not so, later, you can have a gift card sent to the recipient. When you have finished shopping, go to the checkout. There you can pay by credit card or by phone, specify gift recipients addresses and emails, choose to send email notifications and/or postcard notifications and opt into the renewal gift service if you want. You will get a confirmation email and all recipients will get gift postcards notifying them that magazines are on the way. I got my postcards in a few days for my husband and myself and my sister got hers that a day or two later. The subscriptions I bought started within a month. **My Experience** I had no trouble finding what I wanted and no trouble with the checkout process. I had a $5.00 off my order promo code which was immediately taken and applied. I asked for postcards to be sent to my husband and sister and picked my design. I even asked for one to be sent to me for each magazine I ordered. I paid via credit card and received a confirmation email and was told the subscriptions would start within six to right weeks. I got my magazine in just two weeks and the others' came within four. The ending dates on the magazine address labels are correct and all seems fine. Everything went smoothly with my prior **Magazines.com** order and everything has gone smoothly with this one. I am confident that I will have no problems with my subscriptions but it is comforting to know there is a toll free number to call and reference numbers on the site to refer to if I run into a snag. I am a satisfied **Magazines.com** customer and will return to the site. **My Viewpoint**My experience at **Magazines.com** was uneventful and satisfying. I got what I wanted at a price I liked and everything went very smoothly. We all got our magazines within a short time and everything looks to be on track. As of now, six months into the subscriptions, I have nothing but praise for the site and am rating it ***4 stars.*** Not all magazines are cheaper than ordering right from the publishers so I took a star off. Definitely, this site is a huge improvement over *MagsForLess.com* which is just a big scam. Low prices snare you in and you never see your magazines. Here, the prices are sane but you won't lose your sanity trying to get what you paid for so it really does balance out.

BEWARE: SCAM ALERT: Auto withdrawals from your Paypal or CC

BEWARE: After buying from magazines.com a year ago, I find they have been withdrawing funds from my Paypal account. It feels like they are running a SCAM by making their buyers think they are making a one-time purchase when evidently they are somehow committing you to annual payments. They must have something in an "agreement" (UNKNOWN to this buyer) that allows them to freely withdraw from your Paypal account. They didn't even send an email or notice to warn me funds would be withdrawn from my account. I don't even know what product they are withdrawing it for. I have asked Paypal to investigate this & have asked magazines.com to return my money. When I looked into this "agreement", I found another such agreement on Paypal, so I don't know how much money they plan on taking out over the coming years. I have "cancelled" these agreements on Paypal & am hoping they won't be able to withdraw anymore. BEWARE of such practices & WATCH your Paypal & credit card accounts if you decide to buy from such a DECEPTIVE company!

I would buy this product again and again

from San Jose, Ca

Comments about Magazines.com:

Dettol is the best using brand it is great for germs and bacteria and anything that's dirty or bad. I don't like it when all of the detol is gone its not fear but i love this product so much i would lose it if there was no more.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great Selection; Great Prices!

from MI

Comments about Magazines.com:

Magazines.com is a really fun experience for anyone who loves to read magazines. Magazines.com is an online source for nearly any magazine you can think of. You can go to magazines.com, search for the title you want to subscribe to, and subscribe to your magazine through this website.

I find that Magazines.com offers better deals on subscriptions than subscribing directly through the magazine.

Magazines.com offers great deals, coupon codes and secret mystery offers if you are an email subscriber.

I have used Magazines.com to subscribe to a great number of magazines and I have always been happy.

The only downfall that I can find is that when you subscribe, you are put on an "automatic renewal" - meaning your subscription will automatically renew each year. If you want to stop this, you can simply call or email customer service and they will switch it to manual for you.

I have never had any trouble with Magazines.com, and every time I subscribe to a new magazine it always begins coming very quickly. I have always been very pleased with my experiences on Magazines.com and will continue to use this website for my future magazine needs!

Great place to buy a magazine subscription

from Texas

Comments about Magazines.com:

This is a great site to buy your magazine subscription from. I have used this site to buy subscriptions as gifts for family and friends. The prices are usually great. The only thing I didn't like is you don't really get a reminder when your subscription is coming to an end so you get surprised if you don't remember yourself. I haven't bought a recent subscription but I might buy one for my kids in the near future.

Website is very easy to search for what you are looking for. It's user friendly and easy to navigate.

Product Selection
They have a ton of different magazines to choose from. They don't have every single magazine that's out but their selection is rather large.

Product Pricing
They often have sales or promotions so I get things on sale and hardly ever pay full price. The pricing is worth it as long as you aren't paying full price.

Customer Service
I haven't had to use customer service but given the easy and pleasant experience from their website I would have to guess the customer service is just as nice.

• Shipping and Returns:

Signed up for free subscription, ended up paying for a few month

Comments about Magazines.com:

I signed up for a free subscription (through swagbucks.com), where it was promoted as a free three month trial. I did enter my credit card, but was told it wouldn't charge on my card. A few seconds after signing up, I looked at my bank statement, and they had charged me for a three month subscription. I immediately called in to cancel and find out why I was charged, and their service agents weren't able to answer my questions. I asked them to cancel immediately, and was told that it was done, yet the charges remained on my credit card for two months, until I finally called the bank to remove charges and give me a new credit card.

They engage in deceptive tactics; if I am told I won't be charged, I don't expect to see a charge on my credit card immediately, which was the case. Deceptive and dishonest, plus I never got any magazines from them, and their service agents weren't well informed or helpful either.

Good Place to Shop for All Your Magazine Needs

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Magazines.com:

I have used Magazines.com several times to order magazines both for myself and as gifts for others and have never had any issues.

They don't have every single magazine, but they do have a very large selection of the most popular magazines. It's easy to search and super easy to purchase.

They also offer tons of coupons and promotions. I never purchase anything on their site at full price. Every holiday (Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc.) they have a promotion for a percentage off or a buy 1 get 1 free offer. It's definitely worth it to wait until you can get the special offers.

They used to have a nice program where they gave you a $5 gift card to their site on your birthday but they seem to have discontinued that which is disappointing.

Overall this is an easy to use site and it's a great place to shop for your magazine needs whether you are shopping for yourself or for gifts.

Good Selection

from Saint Anne, IL

Comments about Magazines.com:

Magazines.com is your go to place for all your magazines subscriptions. They offer many promotions to further your savings. Magazines arrived relatively soon after I placed order. I have ordered several times and was pleased with the delivery service.

The site is set up nicely to browse at your leisure. Search by price or by category. My preference is home & gardening or decorating.

Product Selection
Magazines.com has the majority of popular magazines.

Product Pricing
In my opinion the price of a yearly subscription is quite reasonable. The site is always sending codes for $10.00 off. Using the discount will help to purchase a yearly subscription for a few dollars. My kind of savings!

Customer Service
I have yet to contact customer service, however using the site was so easy. I have never had any issues that I feel if I did contact them they would treat me fairly and resolve my concerns quickly and professionally.

Shipping and Returns
Giving Magazines.com the benefit of the doubt on this one. Excellent service and no issues with their service or their products.

Inspired to read

Comments about Magazines.com:

I don't often buy magazines at the news stand or in the front of he grocery line because I'd rather get the better deal by subscribing and having them automatically sent to me without me paying the news stand prices and without much effort on my part. I was able to subscribe to several different magazines I really enjoy and the subscription price was really generous. There's also one really cool way to use this site. My son is fascinated with mail for some strange reason so I purchase him an age appropriate magazine subscription and he loves it. Magazines.com subscription services has helped me encourage my son to read as well. They are very reliable and deliver on time and predictably every month. The range of magazines that you have to choose from is much broader than any shop you could go to, they have just about everything and it's all so convenient to get them sent to your home or office. I am a regular subscriber of at least 3 magazines at a time. I like the way they handle their subscription fulfillment so I will continue on as a loyal customer.

Great Money Saving Site

Comments about Magazines.com:

I use the Magazines.com website all the time. I use it to find great deals on magazines that I normally wouldn't purchase. I have been able to save lots of money by using this site. I get the same great magazines that are in stores but at a much lower price. I like the personal preference setting on my account. With the large selections of magazines available, I am always sure to get something that I am interested in. I ordered a magazine once and wasn't pleased with it so I called in for a refund. The customer service was very nice and helpful and my account was immediately credited. I was amazed at the extremely fast service. I have been using the site for awhile now and will definitely continue to do so. Also, the site is great for gift giving. I have purchased subscriptions for many people and they have always been pleased as well. I would like to recommend this site to anyone who loves to read magazines, it is a real money saver.

decent deals

Comments about Magazines.com:

I've used Magazines.com to purchase two subscriptions to Good Housekeeping and Sports Illustrated. I was offered a free copy of my choice of magazine to check out with my recent purchase and choose to receive TIME, but never did. Another thing they could do but don't is send out a reminder that you're subscription renewal date is approaching, just do you aren't caught off guard.

While it's easy enough to browse their selection, make purchases, and look over you're account, I have had difficulty using the site to manage my subscriptions. They say you can cancel anytime online but I have not been able to do so.

Product Selection
They do have a wide selection of publications to choose from, just not so manythat interested me.

Product Pricing
They have reasonable to fantastic prices when you catch them in a sale. I believe I paid only 5 dollars each for my first subscriptions.

Customer Service
I had to call customer service to cancel a subscription after it was renewed early. I still had 6 Weeks to go on the first subscription when they charged for me the second. They were very helpful and courteous. My subscription was canceled and the money deposited back to my account within a few days.

Good Source of Magazine Discounts

Comments about Magazines.com:

This is a good site for finding discounted magazine subscriptions.

Excellent organization. They have many categories to choose from to help you find magazines in your interest, and you can also search for magazines if you know the title you are looking for.

Product Selection
The selection is huge, they seem to have just about every magazine out there. I'm not sure, but I think there was only one title I didn't see the last time I was browsing the site, but unless you are seeking a specific, not very common magazine, they have something for every interest out there.

Product Pricing
Very good, they have lots of excellent discounts on subscriptions.

Very good.

Shipping and Returns
Magazine subscriptions take weeks to start showing up in your mailbox. Not sure why that is but it's the same whether you buy through this site or go to the magazine directly. The subscriptions I bought through this site came just as fast as the ones I have gotten through postcard mail order.