Other Lips:

MAC Lipstick - All Formulas

Pros

Cons

MAC Lipstick Is One Of the Best Out There But Inconsistent

I have a problem with lipstick.  When I use many brands of lipstick, I get peeling lips. The next day after I wear many lipsticks, my lips will peel in sheets and it is embarassing and frustrating.I had been ready to give up completely on lipsticks, and a friend of mine told me that I should try out MAC lipsticks that they were the best out there.  I was skeptical, and since we did not have a MAC counter near me, I could not try one out first.I visited a Cosmetic Company Outlet where they had some discounted colors, and I bought my first MAC lipstick. It was love ever since.My lips rarely peel a lot after wearing MAC lipsticks, and they tend to cause the least amount of problems of any other brand- except Milani Shine lipsticks (clear top).TYPES OF MAC LIPSTICKThere are many styles of MAC lipsticks. - AMPLIFIED

- AMPLIFIED CREAM

- FROST

- GLAZE

- LUSTRE

- MATTE

- SATIN

Unfortunately, I can not tell you what each style is like because as much as some may think each style is specific, I have found that they cross over between styles so much that classification is almost laughable in some cases.I can say that GLAZE is always more sheer and often shinier than other colors.AMPLIFIED is always creamy and high coverage.MATTE is almost velvety not shiny lipstick, but sometimes it is shimmery and other times it isn't.After that, the lines between classifications are so blurred depending upon color, it is very difficult to know what to expect.For those who have a MAC counter near them, it is not a problem- just try it out and if you like it, buy it!  But for those of us who have no MAC counter or store near by, it can be very frustrating.QUALITIES OF MAC LIPSTICKS THAT I LIKEMAC lipsticks tend to be on the moisturizing side, but again, each color is different and performs differently.  Some are drier than others.MAC lipsticks tend to last a long time without reapplication- but again each color is very different.  There are many exceptions to this that I have come across.The Container is easy to carry around, and usually pretty sturdy.There is very little fragrance- it is a slight vanilla fragrance, but it vanishes quickly.  There is NO bad flavor which is a huge plus.QUALITIES OF MAC LIPSTICK THAT I DON'T LIKEThe black containers are sometimes nice, but when they are lost in a purse or dark place, they can be difficult to find.LIMITED EDITION seems to be the thing that makes MAC lipsticks most frustrating.  If a color comes out that you like- it could be in a uniquely colored container, but you might never see that color again.  MAC colors tend to be cutting edge and unique.Sometimes MAC lipsticks are very soft and will snap off very easily from the base.EXTRA SPECIAL FEATURE OF MAC LIPSTICKSOne of the more unqiue qualities of MAC lipsticks is that if you bring back in 6 containers of empty or unwanted MAC cosmetics, you will get one free lipstick of your choice.  That makes MAC a very fun product to use, and at least you get something fun at the end too.Although MAC lipstick is more expensive than most drugstore lipsticks, it is much more pigmented and wears a lot better than most other brands, even many high end lipsticks that I have tried.

Hot Red!!

Mac has some incredible shades and this one is one to add to the list.  It is not the most bright red if that is what you are looking for but it is a plain red that shows up very well.  This red can be worn with day makeup or night makeup because it is not too bright yet not too dull.  Mac's lipstick stays on long, and that is important!  It also wears well under lipgloss so you don't have to apply a lot of lipstick and it will last longer.  The lipstick lasting longer gives your more bang for your buck as some would say.  It does not leave lipstick on your lips once taking it off, some companies try soo hard to make their red colors soo bright they use too much die.  It is easily removed because you don't have to apply as much to get the full "pop" most women are looking for when wearing red lipstick.  This particular red is one of the better ones that MAC offers but it comes from a limited edition so after it leaves the MAC store if it is not in a cosmetic outlet then finding it is almsot impossible.  This red along with mostly any other colors by mac are rich and subtle if that's what the consumer is looking for!!

Great BUY!!

The perfect red for any woman!

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

Ruby Woo is a cool toned/blue based red. However, despite that this shade of red looks good on any woman! This is a must have red, for every woman out there! It is a bit drying because it is a matte lipstick, but I do not mind that at all because it looks so perfect and lovely on. I would go so far to say this is MAC Cosmetics best lipstick color. It truly works with any season or makeup style I want to do but my favorite is the classic pinup style. Winged liner and red lips. If that's you, or you hate trying to find the perfect red or going through tons of lipsticks before finding the right red, then give Ruby Woo a try. You will love it too.

I COLLECT AND LOVE MAC LIPSTICKS!

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

I have been collecting and wearing MAC lipsticks for the past five years. I consider MAC to have the best collection of colors as well as the best array of textures. MAC has colors that range from pinks to mauves to reds, corals and nudes. I love their pink shades the best because they have light pinks, frosted pinks, neutral pinks as well as bright pinks. I would highly recommend MAC lipsticks to women of all ages! They have a shade for everyone! The red shades are fantastic when you want to look glamorous for a night out or a special event. You can select a true red, an orange red or a brownish red-whatever suits your skin tone MAC has in their huge selection of red shades. They also have the largest selection of natural and nude tones that I have found from any other make up brand on the market! They have a natural shade to suit all skin tones. I have found "ANGEL" to be the most versatile shade they have. It looks gorgeous on every woman that I have seen wear it! I love MAC lipstick!

Fancy Lipstick...but I like it!

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

Ok so first a confession: I am cheap and I'm not real girly. I wear makeup but it's typically a cheap, grocery store brands. On the other hand, my sister is super girly and likes to spend money. She's been trying to get me to buy MAC products for years but I just couldn't make myself spend the money. She bought me 2 MAC lipsticks for Christmas (Mocha and Extended Play) and I instantly fell in love. The colors are rich and beautiful. But my favorite thing about these lipsticks is that they last ALL DAY. I guess it's true: you really do get what you pay for.

Gorgeous and super flattering!

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

This lipstick is smooth creamy and perfect for tan women it has and orange tint thats stunning. It is perfect for any season because it is not very bold. I'd recommend this color with a brown smokey eye and contoured cheeks. It really brings out brown and green eyes.

Top Notch Lipsticks

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

MAC has an extensive line of lipsticks for your every need. Basically every color you can think of! They also have different lines based on the finish you want. I personally love their matte lipsticks, but if that isn't your thing, they also have lipsticks called "Lustre" that have a shimmer to them, as well as your basic cream lipstick. Their colors are vibrant and rich - They always pop on your lips. And they LAST. These lipsticks are of excellent quality.

Mac lipstick

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

This is the lipstick to buy! There's so many good things about it. It's well pigmented, lasts a few hours, easy to take off, and comes in super cute colors. It gives me lips a full, plump,sexy look.It does come of pretty easily like on a glass and stuff but thus expected. It doesn't stain your lips when you take it off which is a huge plus for me. I really only reapply maybe twice a day. The color stays strong for hours. Now for the negatives. The biggest one is the price. It is not relatively cheap for not too big of a tube. This is not something you'd want to let little girls play with or waste. For me, it's like I don't want to use it cause I'm afraid it'll go fast. It's not a cheap product to just go buy at any time. Also, it does melt kinda easy so don't keep it in a hot car or other heated place. It's not usual to get it in your teeth but always remember to check to make sure or that could be an embarrassing moment.

Luxury lipstick

from Loveland, OH

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

I was hesitant to purchase a MAC lipstick because the price was so much more expensive than the drug store brand lip sticks I was used to purchasing. I now understand why MAC can charge a higher price because they are selling a superior product. The range of colors is really extensive and the color stays true to its shade from lip stick tube to lips. The lip stick is nice and matte and lasts longer than most other lip sticks I have tried. The formula they use is also very moisturizing and feels great on your lips. My favorite shade is just the perfect pink shade called syrup. It is my go to everyday lipstick because it really suits my skin tone and plays up the natural shade of my lips. I bought the lip stick at a MAC store at my local mall where the associates are really good at helping you find exactly the color that will be right for you. I don't intend to ever go back to the drug store brands because I am now so loyal to MAC.

Oh!....Myyy!....Gohhhsh! :O

from Clearfield, UT

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

lNever have I EVER come across a more unrealistically PERFECT Cosmetic item in my Life! I have worn a Lot of lipsticks in my life but of the lot, over 90% of them are made to have a 'Creme' or 'shiney' type of finish & that has never looked very flattering with my features. The other less than 10% of SO CALLED ""shine-free"" or falsely labeled ""Matte"" lipsticks out there are actually just ...well....LABELED that but NEVER ACTUALLY live up to their falsely advertised promise & STILL SHINED, & trying to find a VIBRANT red that wasn't so thin & cheap-looking that drinking a glass of fruit punch wouIdve done a better job, was SERIOUSLY pulling teeth. After such continual lack of success in trying to find what i wsnted, finally, I decided to throw in the towel & give up lipstick all together. Then one day, I was given this as a gift (my birthday), & I tried it out. Fell in Love & have been HOOKED ever since. Not only is this lipstick TRULY MATTE (Like a geishas lipcolor), but the color just *POPS* with my skin tone (like Actress Zoe Saldona). It is also NOT thin & see through like most crappy lipsticks, but instead, is SO Opaque, that ONE swipe per lip is all I need for FULL perfect looking color! No matter how skilled at makeup applications you are or are NOT (myself!lol), Any time you put THis Lipstick on you look like a Vogue model! But only 1 warning about this lipstick: being that it is SO MATTE in texture, your lips WILL feel like the Sahara Desert after about an hour & a half if you put it on by self so i STRONGLY SUGGEST that you moisturize your lips before putting it on. Lip primer or even just plain cheap ChapStick works fine too. Otherwise this lipstick is s perfect 10. :)

MAC for beautiful, gorgeous lips!

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

I've been using MAC lipsticks for years. I absolutely love how the lipstick goes on and stays on. Love the product and would highly recommend it. You do need to be careful when going to the counter as if they have time they will try to glob you up with way too much make-up. However, I've found that all too often my local MAC is tooo busy and I'll wait a good 5-10 minutes (which seems like hours) to get someone to help me so I can purchase a new lipstick. My favorite color is Del Rio and not only do I love it, but it saved the day at my former babysitter's wedding. I was in the back room, giving the bride a pep talk when we all realized that her lips were just not right, they were too pale and needed some color. I happened to have a Del Rio with me - she tried it, loved it and I immediately gave it to her to use at her wedding. So in this instance, MAC, and specifically the Del Rio lipstick saved the day!

amazing lips

from North Little Rock, AR

Comments about MAC Lipstick - All Formulas:

I love the lipstick in any color it really makes your lips pop. Wether you are at work or out on the town MAC lipstick makes a statement. My advice would be to got to the makeup vounter and let them match you with a great colort.