Other Lips:
Clinique

Clinique Almost Lipstick

Almost Lipstick- the color of a gloss, but isn't glossy

I've had Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey for a year or two now.  I really do like the shade that it leaves my lips.  I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that it is a natural color or your lips but better as I've seen it recommended or reviewed, but I do like how it looks on.  It looks really dark in the tube, a blackish red, like a black plum.   But on my lips it is not that scary dark at all.  I find that it is a great going out lip color, when I want a little more sophistication.  It is not a gloss, it adds no glossiness or shimmer.  It adds a transparent color, a very flattering color at that.  This is quite pigmented and I don't use more than a little sweep on my lips.  I find that it lasts pretty well without transferring, perhaps because I don't have to cake it on.  I don't know of any other products to compare this to.  It is not quite a lipstick, and has the color of a colored lip gloss but isn't shinny.  I like this product, but I am not part of the I love it following.

Almost Lipstick is Almost Nothing at All

I recently won an auction on Ebay for Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. I was soo excited to try it since it was so popular and always sold out at the Clinique Counter. It goes on really smooth and nice, but there is hardly any color at all. It looked as if I had not put anything on my lips at all, no color change what-so-ever. Needless to say I was very disappointed and wished I could return it for a refund. I am a big lover of Clinique products overall, but Almost Lipstick did nothing for me. I hope you enjoyed it more than I did.

Won't leave the house without my Clinique Lipstick

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

I have 20 lipsticks and I don't use any of them, since I got this Lipstick for my birthday. I love it. It keeps my lip moist and smooth. If you want a darker color, just go over your lips a few more times - it will turn darker. I just wish, it would stay on my lips a bit longer. It'll wear off pretty quick.

Worth EVERY PENNY! Clinique has a WINNER here!

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! This is one of the BEST lipsticks I have ever tried and I have tried so darn many, it's embarrassing to say!

When I first got this one, I was hesitant to purchase because of the slim packaging and and dark color. I'm glad I splurged and got it because the lipstick itself is so smooth!, takes only a small amount to get the desired look and the dark color seems to match my lips! I cannot believe that I had not tried this one sooner. It is now my "go to" lipstick and that slim package, well, it's a godsend now. It fits easily in my pocket, purse, hand, jogging pouch...whatever! It's always ready when I need that application of lipstick.

The formula is smooth and creamy and feels great on my lips. It isn't drying like others I have tried and seems to stay on longer than most even after a 5 mile jog around the park. Great product, Clinique! I only wish I had tried it sooner. My loss!

Good if you like sheer lips

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

Clinique Almost Lipstick is very sheer so I would think of it as a tinted chap stick really, an expensive one at that. I own one in the shade Black Honey. Don't let it scare you though. While it may look very dark, it comes off as a nice berry color and suits many different skin types. I like that the tube is very thin because it gives you a chance to be more precise when applying it to your lips. Clinique Almost Lipstick comes in a variety of colors, so you'd probably find one that you like eventually. It's very moisturizing because like I said, it's almost like a chapstick. The color doesn't last very long though so I find myself having to reapply it numerous times throughout the day. It's kind of annoying but I'll put up with it for now. I think that this lipstick will last you for a couple of months, depending on how often you use it. I used mine almost everyday and it lasted me for 3 months. So if you make it last a while, the price is not that bad, but it's not a deal or anything.

Clinique almost lipstick is a great product .

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

The Clinique almost lipstick is a really good form of lip color. It is available I
In quite a w different shades. It provides moisture to your lips and a little more than a hint of color. The color is not over bearing, but you can tell it is there. The only thing I do not like is you basically have to test these before you buy because the actual lipsticks look darker or brighter than they go on.

Great Color Choices

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

I have always loved Clinique face products but never gave much thought to their lip products.The Clinique Almost Lipstick was my first Lip category item from them and I was very impressed! The colors range from Edgy to Sweet.I picked the color Black Honey,now if you actually go to buy this in the store (or see it) it look very black in the tube but once you put it on your lips it looks amazing! a very flattering berry stain.The good this about this product is that it's not really a Lipstick (hence the term almost) So it is very moisturizing and is good for your lips if you use it everyday.This is a good choice for beginners who don't yet want to commit to a real Lipstick.

love this lipstick!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

Clinique Almost Lipstick is a great lipstick if you just want a little color that goes with everything. It was a top rated product by Marie Claire magazine which is where I first heard about it. The color I tried was black honey.

Adds just the right anount of color

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

Clinique's Almost Lipstick is the best combination of color and coverage for those of us who hate to reapply all day long.  It comes in sleek packaging (I do love the signature silver tube for all of Clinique Lipstick).  It looks more like a lipstick in the tube and my favorite color, Black Honey, always startles people when I pull it out.  In the tube, it looks like it will go on Marilyn Manson black and on the lips is a nice berry color.  Itapplies smoothly for a nice finish.  It has the look of a lipstick but the coverage of a saturated lip-gloss.  It feels way more grown up than lip-gloss too.  Which is great for those of us trying to be a grown up.

The only negative thing that I have to say about Clinique Almost Lipstick is that it could last a little longer.  I don't like to constantly have to pull out a tube of lipstick to reapply, and this one need to go on a few times a day.  But when it fades, it does so slowly and is less noticeable.

Perfect for every day use!

from Casper, WY

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

I recently stumbled upon this product at the Clinique counter. I love wearing gloss but I shy away from lipstick. Usually when I wear lipstick I look too made up. Clinique's Almost Lipstick is perfect for me because the color is not too strong. The Almost Lipstick looks like gloss but with a bit more color. It also glides on very easily. Some of the colors look very dark, but when you try the product you will see that it is not near as dark as it looks. I would suggest to anyone wanting to buy the product to go to a make up counter to try it in person. Also, the Almost Lipstick is not like a long lasting lipstick. I have to reapply my Almost Lipstick after eating. Also, some lipsticks have that "Lipstick taste" that really bothers me. I do not want to taste lipstick every time I lick my lips. This product does not have a taste at all.

I would suggest this product to someone who likes some color but not heavy coverage.

Still a fan 13+ years after discoveing it!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

My introduction to Almost Lipstick was when mom took me to the Clinique counter for my first cosmetic experience while I was in middle school. The Clinique consultant did a make over and used Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. That was over 13 years ago and I am still buying the stuff. Makes me wonder how many tubes I have gone through! This is the perfect shade for a barely there lip on just about every skin tone. The price is right and the product lasts and lasts. If you are looking for one shade to complement everything this is it. After graduation I worked at the Clinique counter and this was my number one "go-to" lipstick. The number of choices can be overwhelming; everything from pinks to mauves but there is something about this color that appeals to everyone. Not only does it provide a sheer hint of real color it is also non-drying and adds a shine like a lip gloss. I would recommend this product to everyone from young girls wearing make up for the first time to the more sophisticated make up guru. Don't be afraid the first time you open the tube, although the color looks dark and deep, it goes on very sheer.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Clinique Almost Lipstick:

this clinique almost lipstick is great to wear at all time which that why i love it when it give 's your and help 's hydreate 's you lip 's and it does not have and shimmer and it is very flattering and i get so many compliment 's on the way i look and also about the my make - up . it work 's great for day or night time and it gives you the right hint amount of color which this is very sexy yall ladies . go ahead and pick this lip stick up to look more sexier and gorgeous and fabulous than you ever look before girl 's . i really like it . i love this so much that i wear it almost all the time . lol but some of you may not like it because of the color so i ha ve no complaint 's about this product right here called the clinque almost lip - stick . i think that it would be perferct for everyone to have but that is just in my opionated stat of mind and some of you might not agree with me which that is ok .