Other Bathroom Cleaners:

Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Best Toilet Cleaner Ever

I have been searching for a good toilet bowl cleaner for some time.  I think I may have found it in **Lysol's Cling Gel **[new formula].  I was surprised how wonderfully it smelled and even more surprised that it actually clung to the side of the bowl.  I guess that's why they call it "cling" gel...The cleaner comes in a 24 ounce bottle with a crooked neck that helps get the product into the tightest places around the rim.  The cleaner is thick so it kind of hugs the toilet as it slides down and then it mixes with the water in the bowl to disinfect, clean and deodorize.  I squirt the product around the rim, let it sit while I clean the rest of the bathroom and then finish up the toilet.  It works great and leaves the room refreshed.I am always concerned if my cleaning products are septic safe since we are on well and septic.  I checked.  This one is good to go!

Lysol Cleaner is harmful and poison!

This stuff does not work and is actually really dangerous to have in the house. BEWARE that if you buy this, or if you have this in your house, you should THROW IT AWAY ASAP!!!  I would not recommend anyone buying this product. I like the idea, but it does not work. It is supposed to coat the toilet and make it easy to clean. I sprayed it on, and hoped for the best, but it just seemed to be filmy and leave a gross residue.  The bad part of having it in the house is that it’s lethal! I left it on the washing machine, and since the washing machine shook, the bottle fell off.  I ran to the washing machine after hearing it, but within 2 minutes, the gel sprayed all over my carpet.  After cleaning it, I found that it left a huge hole in my carpet. It literally burned up my carpet, and ate it all away within 2 minutes! I couldn’t believe it. Could you imagine what would happen if you got this stuff on your skin.  I threw the bottle away after finding that out. I have two small children, and could not stand to have this stuff in the house.  I recommend that you stay far far far away from this stuff. It’s poison, and it does not work. Save your money, save your carpets, save your family!

Removes rust stains very well.

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

Lysol Lime and Rest Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner works extremely well for removing rust stains inside the toilet bowl. I used it to clean my grandmother's toilets, which were old and had a fair amount of rust stains in them, and afterward they looked brand new. I would definitely continue using it for those kinds of stains.

This product works well without a lot of scrubbing. I poured the product in around the rim of the toilet bowl and allowed it to work for about 15 minutes before going back and brushing. It took a little more effort than normal, but not much, and I didn't need to reapply. This is a very strong cleaner, probably almost too strong for regular cleaning, but it works great.

Considering how strong this Lysol lime and rust remover is, it doesn't smell too strong. It's definitely a stronger scent than regular toilet cleaners, but once you flush it, it doesn't linger.

Does the job!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

The Lysol toilet bowl cleaner is a good product. Nothing very special about it, but it does what it says. I like the gel-like consistency of the liquid, because it sticks well to the bowl as you squirt it on. Once it's applied to the bowl, you can really work with it well to scrub the inside of the bowl and get everything nice and clean. It also has a very good smell. Even though we don't sniff the bowl, the aroma does tend to linger after we clean the bathroom and it is quite pleasant. Lysol cleaner is not inexpensive, but it's not too pricey either. I usually buy this product when I hit the sale. I stock up and then don't need to pay full price when I run out. I would say this brand name product does stack up a notch higher than the store brands. It has a thicker consistency, a pleasant smell, is effective as a cleaner and is not cost prohibitive. I would recommend this product, especially if you can catch it on sale.

Great product for stained toilet bowls

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

I have well water at our house and find that the toilet bowls and sink basins often get stained with rust and accumulate a film from the hard water. It is very difficult to remove the hard water and rust stains. I have tried a rust remover product in the past. While this product works well, it is expensive and it is not a cost effective solution for cleaning toilets and sinks on a regular basis. I have used Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner in the past and was very impressed with how effective this product was when it came to cleaning the toilets. Once the rust and hard water stains started to accumulate in the toilet bowls, I decided to try Lysol Lime and Rust Toilet Bowl Cleaner to see if this would do an effective job at removing the rust and hard water stains in the toilet bowl. I was very impressed with the results. A little bit of this product goes a long way and it did an amazing job at removing the rust and hard water stains. I plan to continue to use this product in the future!

Great for lime build up

from IN

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

I never really knew I needed a lime remover until I have a problem with my toilet not flushing as well as I knew it could. The water flow had begun to slow down, and it occasionally needed a "second flush" when it never had before. I was talking with a friend who suggested Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner. I was skeptical, we did not have any rust stains showing, but I decided to give it a try. After easily applying the product under the toilet rim, the angled nozzle made the application simple, I allowed the product to sit and work for a minute before scrubbing. After scrubbing under the rim, the first flush proved to be more powerful. I did not realize the lime was building up in the holes, and restricting the water flow. I continue to use the Rust and Lime Toilet Bowl Cleaner to ensure the lime is properly removed, I could not believe the difference this product made in my toilet.

Very strong cleaner for toliets

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

I bought this product when my friend had moved into a new home and we were doing some deep cleaning. The toilets were a mess and she could not afford to replace them, so we decided to try this product. This is a very thick gel like solution and has a very strong scent. I would recommend opening a window because the scent can linger. I like the bottle design so you do not have to touch the cleaner. We applied it under the rim of the toilet and them scrubbed it off. It did not help much, so we decided to try again and let it sit before scrubbing. We let it sit for 30 minutes and then it seemed to work much better at removing old rust stains and scum.
This product really does work for removing stubborn stains, however I would not use it for weekly cleaning of the toilet.

It works well if you let it sit before trying to scrub the toilet. We made sure we were wearing gloves as well since this product is thick and concentrated.

The scent is very strong and will linger throughout the house.

Best toilet bowl cleaner ever!

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

This works wonderfully! I have never had a favorite cleaner before this, and it really is amazing. It gets rid of any stains that you have on your toilet bowl and it smells pretty good, especially for a cleaner. It's easy to use (all you have to do it spray it in the toilet and scrub a little) and it's cheaper than some other toilet bowl cleaners. I got this for my dorm room (which was disgusting when we got there - the toilet was almost completely yellow with rust/other minerals that had been trapped there) and this nearly completely cleaned my toilet. It was almost perfectly white after that and it looked brand new, which was a complete difference from the "before" look. I do recommend this for anyone, especially if you're moving into a new dorm/apartment and the toilet isn't white or as clean as you want it to be.

It works great - it cleans really well and leaves your toilet clean and white.

It smells like most other cleaners, which I actually like, but it's not super strong so it's good for small spaces.

Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Works Great

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

I have used many Lysol toilet bowel cleaners over the years, and I decided to try the Lime and Rust Remover when we started to get rust spots in our toilet. We only had a very small rust stain so I cannot speak for anything that might be more significant damage. I used the Lysol Lime and Rust maybe three times a week and noticed a considerable difference in the staining on the toilet. It has a very strong cleaner smell, but it did do the job. I would say that is the only downfall to it is that it really does stink for awhile. The smell will linger but eventually fade away. Just plan to be able to shut the door for awhile. It is a thick gel that slowly drains into the toilet bowel. You can leave it on for up to 15 or 20 minutes and just let it soak in. It did the trick for us, and I would definitely recommend the Lysol Lime and Rust Remover toilet cleaner to anyone with rusty toilet problems.

Works Great on Stubborn Toilet Rings!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

When I was cleaning the bathroom in an elderly relative's home after she had to move to assisted living the toilet had not been used for quite some time and had a very unsightly ring around it. I tried numerous ways to get rid of it, but after many attempts still had not had any success. Finally a friend suggested Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner. I wasn't sure if the toilet had lime or rust but there was a definite ring and I figured it couldn't hurt to give it at try so I purchased some and applied it that very afternoon. I left it soaking overnight and when I came back the next morning I noticed that the ring had started melting! I just gave it a quick swipe with the toilet brush to get the remainder off and it was all gone in mere moments! After days of trying every possible option this was the only one that really worked.

I also thought the scent was actually quite pleasant so it didn't smell super chemically when I left it to sit for such a long time.

So, if you have heavy duty stains in your toilet this is an awesome option!

Great for infrequently cleaned toilets

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner works really well for those times when I get busy and do not clean my toilet as often as I should. Stains build up and this product removed them with just a little scrubbing. I like the thickness of the liquid that really coats the sides of the toilet and sticks there for a while to really penetrate the stains. I usually squirt it in getting good solid coverage of the whole bowl and let it sit there for a few minutes before I use the scrub brush. This process works well for me.

Until I find a product that does the job of removing stains like lime and rust without having to scrub, this one is the product I will continue to use. It does a good job of cleaning the toilet with just a little scrubbing and leaves the toilet looking very clean.

I do not care for the scent of any cleaning product and this one is no different. It is not a very pleasant or unpleasant smell, it smells like it is supposed to I guess. It smells like a cleaning product to me but I do not mind it.

Did help remove rust in my toilet...

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Lysol Lime and Rust Remover Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

I always love to try new products I see in stores! I just tried this Lysol lime and rust remover toilet bowl cleaner for the first time when I was spring cleaning my house. I haven't really ever seen anything else like this for cleaning toilets in stores, something that cleans and removes rust and lime at the same time! I was satisfied with this product and would purchase it again!
It didn't really have much of a scent so it wasn't unpleasant to use, it was actually pretty simple to do so. I just squirted it directly around the insides of the toilet. I did have to use a sponge to work it more into the space between the rim but it wasn't too complicated to do so. I let it soak in and then used a pumice stone in the toilet and it effectively removed all of the lime and rust build up in the toilet and made it look like new again! I was pretty impressed with this product and I would highly recommend it to others especially in combination with scrubbing it in with a pumice stone!