Other Bathroom Cleaners:
Lysol

Pros

Cons

Toilet bowl cleaner

For me, the name "Lysol" evokes trust as far as helping me clean and disinfect areas of my home that could and do breed germs and possible illness. Lysol helps me to ensure that my family is safe from certain illnesses that they might be prone to due to bacteria and germs. I have used this toilet bowl cleaner for many years. It is effective in cleaning the toilet bowl and it leaves behind a nice, clean smell. Just squirt it around the bowl and under the rim and let it set for a few minutes. Then use a bowl brush to clean away the cleaner and germs and then flush. I would recommend wearing a pair of glasses or safety glasses because sometimes there is a splash when using the brush to clean and you don't want to get the cleaner in your eyes. Normally, there are good coupons in the Sunday insert that make purchasing this product very economical. I highly recommend this Lysol brand as a good cleaning and disinfecting item for the bathroom.

Not that happy with this product!

You would think that being a Lysol product this would really work great! I'm not at all happy with the results of Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Bowl Cleaner.

The "blue"...Read complete review

The "blue" stains my porcelain toilet so bad I have to go in after using it and put bleach in the bowl to remove the blue stain. It sets in really hard and has to be scrubbed off the bowl. It's quite a thick product so it sticks to the sides of the bowl but then runs down into the water leaving those horrible blue streaks stuck all around the bowl. I shouldn't have to use another toilet bowl cleaner to clean up the mess from the original toilet bowl cleaner.

I don't like the lid that unscrews partially to release the liquid. It's messy and I always get it on my fingers when trying to use it. I always have to clean the lid before putting it back into the cupboard so it doesn't drip all over the shelf. These types of cleaners have toxins in them so spillage isn't a good thing. I have cats that like to get into the cupboards and I definitely do not need them licking the drips up and getting poisoned from the chemicals in this cleaner.

Yes, the nozzle is designed to go up under the rim, but that's about all I can say good about this particular Lysol product. I'll never buy it again! Sorry Lysol!

Too good to be true....but it is!

from Sevierville, TN

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

I love this stuff. It's all I use now. I used to try to save money and buy the super cheap toilet bowl cleaner, but in the end, I realized that even though I was getting it for super cheap, I wasn't saving money in the long run. With the cheap stuff, I would have to clean my toilet a lot. Using this, it works wonders....I don't even really have to scrub anymore, and it smells nice and fresh for a lot longer.

Great for weekly use

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

I clean my toilet every week with this stuff (with an older toilet, it's almost inevitable). This stuff cleans very well! The liquid is thick enough that it coats the toilet bowl, but not thick enough that that it gets stuck under the rim. The nozzle and angled neck of the bottle also allows you to get right under the rim of the toilet bowl without any hassle. This toilet bowl cleaner smells really fresh and definitely gets the job done. When I first moved into my apartment, the toilet was absolutely disgusting. As soon as I used this stuff for the first time at that house, my toilet looked brand new all over again. I'm definitely sticking with Lysol for many years to come. I even use their brand of toilet brush! The two products work very well together.

Lysol equals clean!

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

I cannot say enough nice things about the Lysol line of products. From their use of hydrogen peroxide to easy to use dispensers, I have found a line of "helpers" in my home to include my bathroom. The entire line of cleaners from Lysol gives the satisfaction that it's truly CLEAN and, with children, pets and visitors, that is extremely important to me. I'm glad I use these products and will continue to do so for years to come.

When I use this product, I love how it sticks to the bowl giving me the assurance that I covered all areas. When I clean with the scrubber, I feel like I got all the issues in my toilet leaving me feel satisfied that it's DONE! It's a great knowing that it's clean and sanitized.

I can say that I do like the scent but that's not the most important feature of any product with regards to cleaners of the toilet. Let's face it, once the toilet is flushed a few times, the scent is gone.

This is my favorite brand of toilet bowl cleaner.

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

I have used Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Bowl Cleaner for quite some time, now. I like this product because of it's effectiveness and the clean smell it leaves in the bathroom. Also, the consistency or thickness of Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner is wonderful. It clings to side and under the rim of the toilet bowl and helps softens grime that may have collected under the bowl. Also, enabling me to clean my bowl without a lot of extra brushing. It works a lot better than some of the watery toilet bowl cleaners that just run down in the tank never clinging. The smell is fantastic, not to strong or harsh. The price is fantastic for Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner. Also, the way the neck of the bottle is made makes it easier to dispense the cleaner inside the bowl under the rim more effectively.

It clings to the sides and under the bowl to help make cleaning easier.

I love the smell of the Lysol Cleaner in the blue and white bottle as well as in the green and white bottle.

Great Toilet Bowl Cleaner

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner is my all time favorite toilet bowl cleaner. I only need to use it once every other week as it does a great job at making sure I do not get a ring around my toilet bowl. You can smell the bleach scent. It leaves you feeling like your toilet bowl is sparkling!

This Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner is awesome at not only cleaning and disinfecting your toilet bowl, but I also use it to help with hard to clean areas (i.e. grout). It is so powerful it helps you clean with minimal effort and who doesn't like to clean with minimal effort. I purchase it often and use it regularly.

This toilet bowl cleaner has a very strong bleach scent. Because of what goes into a toilet, I like the fact that the you can smell the clean scent coming from the toilet. I've been using it for years so I look forward to clean smell of bleach when I use the product. Makes me feel like the toilet is clean!

Great cleaner!

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner is a great toilet cleaner. It works very well, even on toilets that get a lot of use. It also isn't too expensive, and a little goes a long way, so it's good value for money.

This is my favorite toilet bowl cleaner. The bottle makes it easy to get the product right where you want it, and the cleaner is thick enough that it doesn't just run down the bowl without actually cleaning anything. I usually put a good amount around the top of the bowl and then leave it for a few minutes, and when I come back it's ready to be brushed out. I rarely have to scrub or do anything more than a few swipes with the brush.

Lysol is a great product for disinfecting as well. I'm not really a big fan of disinfectants in general, but I do like to use one to clean the toilet.

The scent of this product is great, mostly because it isn't a "fume" smell like a lot of these products. It's a clean scent, but it doesn't really stick around once you flush it.

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

This is a great product that gets the toilet bowl very clean and smelling fresh. It works way better than others I have tried and you don't have to do tons of scrubbing, unless that is that you don't clean very often, then you might have to scrub a bit. It is easy to use either way.

I love this product because it works! I have tried many others and they do not clean like Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner. Even after cleaning, this lasts a decent amount of time before I have to clean again. I definitely will keep using this product and recommend it. The top is a type of cap that you unscrew just a bit and you just squirt it around the rim of the toilet. Very easy to use and after your done just screw the cap back on so it doesn't leak out.

I like the clean scent, but would be interested in them coming up with other scents that do the same job. Lemon would be nice or Vanilla. It does leave a clean scent after use.

Awesome Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

Lysol toilet bowl cleaner delivers on its promise and does a great job at cleaning the toilet. I tried to switch to a less expensive brand but I noticed it wasn't as thick and didn't do as good of a job at cleaning the sides of the bowl. The Lysol brand has a thick liquid that sticks to the side of the bowl so it can stay there longer. It slowly runs down as to give it time to clean the sides. I also like that the container is well made and I've never had dripping issues after I lift it up to close it. I also don't have to worry about liquid coming out from underneath the cap like I did with cheaper brands. The cap continues to work well even until the end of the bottle. You only need to use a small amount of liquid for it to work well and let it sit for around thirty minutes so it can disinfect the bowl.

The cleaner has a very pleasant scent that isn't too overpowering but it still leaves a clean smell to your bathroom.

Cheap and powerful cleaner

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

Lysol Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner does its job well as it leaves my toilet sparkly clean after every use. It works best if you follow the instructions. I pour some as instructed, but leave it for a while to soak the dirty parts of the toilet before I scrub. Scrubbing is easy with Lysol as it just comes right off. It makes cleaning quick and efficient as well as hassle free. Not only that, it's cheap for anyone on a budget. Gotta love that Lysol magic!

Lysol does a great job at helping to keep your toilet clean. I have never been unhappy with Lysol. It is cheap and resourceful as it helps make your toilet squeaky clean and in tip top shape.

You hardly notice a scent with Lysol. Even if you did, it's a pleasant smell unlike the other cleaners that come with a heavy bleach smell. I always appreciate this aspect of Lysol because I can easily use the toilet after cleaning and not worry about it smelling weird.

Effective toilet bowl cleaner

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Toilet Power Bowl Cleaner:

When it comes to choosing a toilet cleaner, we all want something that effectively cleans and disinfects, and leaves the bathroom smelling clean. Lysol Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner meets most of those criteria. It does a good job of cleaning the toilet with the help of a toilet bowl brush that you must purchase separately. The bottle that Lysol Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner comes in is very convenient. The neck of the bottle allows you to apply the cleaner right up under the lip of the bowl and this allows the cleaner to get up there but then also drip down the rest of the bowl to help with cleaning. The thing I dislike about cleaning the toilet bowl is the brush. I am not a fan of a using a reusable brush and storing it after using it, so this cleaner is not my favorite. In addition, I don't think this toilet cleaner smells as good as other cleaners. It is effective, but I prefer others over it.