Other Bathroom Cleaners:

Comet Bathroom Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Comet Bathroom Cleaner - A Celestial Shine

I'm fairly cynical.  Especially about specialized products or cleaners that haven't proven to me that they are actually necessary and perform a special function *over and above* that which a generalized or regular product might. I had seen **Comet Bathroom Cleaner** on the shelf for a couple of years, smirking as I passed it by and wondering if they had different versions for 1st floor versus 2nd floor bathrooms, etc.  My Comet education began when I began doing occasional contract work for a real estate company that foolishly rents to university students and then requires someone to clean them - often for the first time - in the summer before the kids return in the fall. The woman who took me under her wing was a cleaning guru and bought multipurpose cleaners in bulk to minimize her operating expenses and maximize her profits. Thus, I was amazed to find her buying and using a specialized bathroom product. I was chastened and convinced the first time I cleaned a newer acrylic shower-insert that had probably been used from September to May without any thought of cleaning. Comet Bathroom Cleaner is effective against general grime, dirt, water stains, scum, hard water marks, and whatever else I shutter to think of that were in those showers.  I've faithfully adopted it of for my home and happily so.  It works.

It is average but not as good as the powder

I bought the comet spray to use in my bathroom because I like the comet powder, but I wanted something that was more gentle to use on the counter tops and as more of an all purpose cleaner.  I was a bit disappointed to find out that it just doesnt work as well as the powder.  It doesnt get off the dirt as well and I wasnt satisfied with the job it did.  I guess the powder just removes grit and grease better.  In the future, I will just stick to the powder and use a different spray on the countertops.  I want something that I dont have to use too much elbow grease to get the soap scum off, and this just didnt leave my countertop looking clean and shiny, as well as other products on the market do.  I suppose the spray is more watered down then the powder and it's meant to be gentle, but it still needs to work.  I will try a different brand and hope to get better results.  I think products with more bleach content would work better.  In summary, this didnt work well for me, but maybe someone else would like it.

Coment Foaming cleaning product

from Deltona Florida

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful

Cons

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • Laundry Room

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

The Coment Foaming Clener is the best on the market. I love it! beats any other product out there!!!

Nice all in one product for the bathroom!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

I love the idea of an all in one cleaner for the bathroom. I have used Comet cleanser for years in my kitchen and I needed a cleaner that could really scrub around my faucets and drains in the bathroom. We have hard water and it leaves streaks and marks all over our sink and tub. Plus, the glaze on my tub is worn and so every little scuff and mark show. I was very impressed with this product. It did a great job of cleaning the scum and mildew from around my drains. It helped to degunk the buildup on my shower head and from the bathroom faucet. I also used this in the toilet bowl where I have a ring from the hard water. I noticed a definite improvement and lightening of the mark. This does have a great clean scent to it. It rinsed away with no streaking. Price was slightly higher than the competitor's all in one cleaner.

Did a fantastic job of loosening the gunk around my showerhead and faucets. Helped to lighten the hard water ring in the toilet bowl.

I always connote the smell of Comet with a good deep cleaning. Made the bathroom and shower smell nice and clean.

Comet in a convenient spray bottle!

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

Comet powder in the green canister is one of my all time favorite cleaning products. The scent reminds me of childhood and growing up. It was a staple cleaner in our household and my mom never trusted anything else to clean our bathroom. I still always have Comet in the house. Now Comet Bathroom Cleaner comes as a liquid, too, in a convenient spray bottle. The scent is pretty similar to the powder. I don't think this product is quite as good as regular Comet powder, but I could be biased because I've used the powder longer. However, this Comet Bathroom Cleaner product is less messy when applying it to the surface you want to clean, and it is quite effective at cleaning up soap scum. Comet Bathroom Cleaner cleans well and also has a disinfectant to properly clean all bathroom surfaces. It is not irritating on the skin, either. If you like Comet cleanser in the can, this spray Comet Bathroom Cleaner is worth a try.

This product gets things extra clean!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

I used to work in a daycare as a preschool teacher and this was a cleaner that I used all the time. The only reason that I don't use it at home much is because I switched to organic and natural products. I still use it occasionally though. When I was working in the daycare you felt as though you were swimming in germs. Using this product helped me feel better and that many germs would be taken care of. You do need to be careful with this product though. The tiniest bit of this cleaner will bleach your clothes. There were even times I was being very careful not to get it on me and I would still find a mark or two of bleach spots. It also smells really strong. I would recommend using this in a ventilated area or at least keeping the door open when you use it. This is great on counters, in the kitchen, or in the bathroom. It does work well.

This cleaning product does a good job of getting things extra clean and germ free. It works the way that it is suppose to work.

The scent is really strong and overpowering, but it is cleaner with bleach.

Doesn't work as good as the powder

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

I used the Comet Powder for years and didn't like the dust it created when I cleaned. So, I was excited to try this form of Comet Bathroom Cleaner. I was very disappointed. My shower floor is textures with a million tiny bumps that hold dirt and scum. This form of the Comet Bathroom Cleaner just didn't get the job done. No matter how much I scrubbed or let the product soak before cleaning the dirt and scum on the bottom of the floor was still visible. I even tried using a bristle brush to get down in between the grooves but even that didn't work. I pulled out my old can of Comet powder and the dirt and scum cleaned right up with a regular sponge and little effort. However, on the flat surfaces of my shower and tub, as well as the chrome fixtures, this product worked just fine. This product also worked fine in my bathroom sinks. Overall, I don't recommend this product on tough jobs. I would stick with the old Comet cleaner in a can.

I Actually Prefer the Powder Comet

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

I have been very pleased with the powder version of Comet. The scent sometimes gets a little strong, and occasionally I inhale the powder itself, so I was excited to give this spray version of Comet a try.

I actually think I prefer the powder better. I feel like the powder did a better job cleaning the difficult-to-clean areas than the spray did. I feel like the only advantage the spray has over the powder is that I can spray my shower walls and the cleaner will stay in place, rather than falling off the wall or not sticking in the first place. I feel like it did a great job at preventative cleaning and small stain removal, but not at the harder spots. It did not easily remove the hard water spots I have, nor did it remove the soap scum or mildew build-up spots I had. I had to use yet another product to get those off.

I also feel like the scent of the spray is different than the powder, but not necessarily any better. It is still a strong, cleanser smell, but at least it isn't a powder that you can inhale.

Classic Comet

from Edina, MN

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

Comet Bathroom cleaner is a classic that you cannot do without in your home. I have used Comet many times and it is simple and practical to use, plus it is has been around for awhile and has a good image. I like that it is easy to apply and clean off. You can use it for anything in the bathroom including tubs, sinks, floors, tiles, toilets, cabinets, etc. you name it. It does a great job to leave things clean and with a nice aroma of clean that is not too strong or overpowering. I also like that you do not need a large amount of the product to do the job. Just a little bit goes a long way. It is also a good price in the stores and is better than others on the market that are sometimes more expensive and with poor results. The sprayer is a good one and does not fail out on your like some others I have tried. When you get to the end of the bottle the sprayer is still working.

Great leaves things clean, fresh and shiny.

Great for cleaning off soap scum in the tub!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

I grew up using Comet products and I really love their spray for the bathroom! I purchased this product because it was on sale and I remembered using the powdered product for the tub when I was a teenager and cleaning with my mother. The spray is amazing at getting soap scum and lime deposits up from the tub, which is something I have a problem with at my home. I spray this product on and let it sit for about five minute and then I use a sponge and it comes right up. I also use it to clean the sinks. Everything looks sparkly clean after using Comet Bathroom Cleaner and I love it. I can really depend on this cleaner and the price is absolutely right! This is a spray cleaner that I do not have to use a mask when I am cleaning with it, which I often have to do because I am very sensitive to a lot of cleaning products. I can spray it on, wipe it down, and I do not end up coughing and sputtering because my lungs are burning. I would definitely recommend to others. I think it is absolutely wonderful.

Good for Light and Medium Duty Cleaning

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

I've used the Comet brand powder before with excellent results so when they came out with a spray version bathroom cleaner I decided to give it a try.

This formula does a very good job of cleaning for light to moderate jobs. I've found that spraying it on and letting it sit for a few minutes while I'm doing other cleaning around the bathroom lets it thoroughly loosen up and clean everything from dried up toothpaste spills to hairspray residue on the wall. It also powers through soap scum.

This is a very strong cleanser though with a potent smell so I always make sure to close the bathroom door and turn the bathroom fan on while using it. I also tend to close the bathroom door behind me when I am done cleaning just to get the remainder of the smell out.

Overall, this is a solid bathroom cleanser that cleans well and is quite economical. It's not the best one I've ever tried but it's a good option and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again in the future.

Excellent For Grease Splatters And Dirty Range Tops

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Comet Bathroom Cleaner:

When I fry food I use a tall deep non-stick pan and even though I am careful I still end up with grease splattering on the range top, counter and backsplash of the range. Some spray on cleaners do nothing more than smear the grease making it even harder to remove. When I tried the liquid version of Comet I had already had previous experience with the powdered version to clean the inside of the tub. Even though this is marketed as a bathroom cleaner it can be used in other rooms of the house with amazing results.

I don't consider this a general all purpose cleaner because it is on the strong side and can damage some surfaces; there is no need to wipe the area clean once you have used this so it is a little more convenient to use than the powdered version. The trigger styled spray bottle is easy to operate and there is a turn dial on the nozzle that allows you to close it completely so that it will not squirt. I have used this in the bathroom on the vanity countertop, on the inside of the toilet, in the kitchen for grease, in the basement to clean the outside of the washer and dryer and on the outside of the house to remove dried on egg (Halloween pranksters).

For tough or large stains you can spray this on and leave it for a couple of minutes so that it has time to break down the grease or dirt; I use cleaning rags when I use this because paper towels (even the thick ones) just aren't strong enough to be able to absorb the Comet and remove all of the dirt. You are going to want to wash your hands after using this and avoid spraying it near exposed food; to play it safe when I use this in the kitchen on the counters I do wipe the area down with a damp rag just to make sure that any food that comes in contact with the counter won't come in direct contact with the cleaner.

There is a slight smell to this but nothing that I would consider overpowering.