Other General Household Cleaners:
Cleaning Cloths & Wipes
Lysol

Lysol Disinfectant Wipes

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Efficient (4)
  • Simple instructions (3)

• Cleaning (4)
  • Home (4)

Lysol Clean in a Convenient Wipe

I've used Lysol products over the years, and even though they're effective, I'm going to have to say goodbye.  Now that I've dedicated myself to cleaning my home with natural, non-toxic brands like [method][1] , [Kaboom][2] , and [Simple Green][3] .  I'm swearing off **Lysol Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Lock Fibers.** I still have a canister of the wipes that I'll use up first.  I'm sure it won't take long because Lysol wipes are so useful in so many places in my home.   Since they are saturated in a disinfectant, they are perfect for swiping up spills on the countertop; particularly the bacteria-ridden juices from raw meat and poultry that can cause illness.  I do rinse after use in areas where food is prepared or eaten.

The wipes are also useful in the bathroom where you can grab one to quickly clean up messes between routine cleanings.  I don't need a separate spray and cloth or paper towel.  Just open a canister, grab a wipe, swipe the mess and I'm done.

Besides the fact that the Lysol wipes are not eco-conscious because they are both toxic and disposable, another shortcoming is that they do not always release easily from the canister.  Frequently, I've had to open the top of the container, dig through the wipes to find the start of the roll, and then feed it back through the top.  However, because the wipes are fully saturated, I've never had any problems with the wipes drying out.

Overall, I'd say that **Lysol Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Lock Fibers** is an effective product that works very well.   I won't be buying them again, but it's not because they don't do what they're supposed to do.  I'm just making a consumer choice to find products that are more eco-friendly and less toxic to my own body.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/method-Method-Pink-Grapefruit-All-Purpose-Cleaner-review-49c0

[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Kaboom-Ultra-Scrub-review-e77d

[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Simple-Green-All-Purpose-Cleaner-review-7b84

Lysol wipes are convenient but don't always clean as well

I have purchased Lysol Disinfectant Wipes with Micro-Lock Fibers on several occasions -- sometimes to bring it to the office so I can wipe things down when co-workers have had colds, or to encourage regular wipe downs in the bathroom since we don't have any sort of cleaning staff.  I've also bought them for my home, particularly for use in the bathrooms.  Coupons are released very often for this product so it is not difficult to find savings on them.  Overall, their scent is clean and pleasant, not overwhelming or toxic smelling.  They are very durable and can clean up most messes -- even dried up ones.  Some elbow grease may be required to clean some needs.  One thing I do not like about these wipes is that they often leave debris behind.  If I haven't cleaned a surface for however long and go to wipe it with one of these cloths, I often find that the surface is not left spotless -- there are wet dust balls everywhere.  Maybe it's how I try to wipe it up, but I honestly just prefer to use a bottled spray cleaner and paper towel.  My hand is more likely to stay drier this way, and it just seems to clean thoroughly with nothing be left or smeared behind.  The Lysol wipes clean good, but do not absorb/pick up enough.

Wonderful Product!

from Bethany, OK

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Simple Instructions

• Auto
    • Office

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

I admit...I can be OCD. Have been using Lysol products my whole life and know the clean I get is amazing. These wipes can be used anywhere....any time. During the school year they are perfect for helping to stop spreading the germs and viruses shared by the kids and brought home. I wipe doorknobs...light switches...toilets and even my handsoap containers to help stop the spreading. In the car I wipe handles....car seats....knobs etc. Love this product.

Great for travel

from Nashua NH

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Powerful
    • Simple Instructions

• Auto
      • Garage

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

I bring with me gricery shopping i wipe down the carts before i use them i know sounds odd but these are amazing for them !! Also use in my car i love the smell it has while using.

I will keep purchasing

from Laredo, TX

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Efficient

• Office

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

I carry Lysol wipes with me to clean the shopping buggy I'm going to use. I wouldn't want to sit my kids in a buggy that's dirty and has germs on it. Since at the moment it's very common for kids to get the Hands, Mouth & foot disease, I just don't want to risk it.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Excellent treatment to sanitize items during a move

from Phoenix, AZ

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Clean fresh smell
        • Cleans items well
        • Easy To Use
        • Efficient
        • Kills Germs
        • Powerful

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

Great value for the money. I just had to move everything I valued and had collected over a lifetime out of a filthy place, made dirty by a quick overwhelming infestation of roaches. they crawled over and dirtied everything, and my husband got sick after handling items as we packed up to leave, and hadn't washed his hands meticulously. So, I used this product in conjunction with soap and water, to clean everything that was savable. It cut through the filth left by the roaches and left the surfaces clean. The bad smell roaches left was also gone. If you've ever smelled that smell, I pity you, because it's sickening. Roaches leave germs that make us quite ill, and this product helped me kill those germs and make items safe for us to be able to use again. If you have to move soon and just also want to clean off dust from things, this is also a good thing to use because it freshens up surfaces dirty from dust.

Fast and easy disinfecting wipe that smells fresh and clean

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

I have these wipes in every room around our house. They are so simple to use. I can just wipe things down and go about my business. No need to carry towels and sprays. It's all in one. They are especially great for cleaning in the bathroom and kitchen, or when someone is sick to disinfect and prevent the spread of germs.

The woven texture allows for scrubbing up any tough messes. The product is premoistened, so you don't have to add anything to them. Add a little elbow grease and this product will clean up most things. My only issue is that they can sometimes absorb too much liquid and I sometimes have to follow them with a towel, but usually it's not too much and it just air dries.

Smell fresh and clean, but not such an overbearing scent that it gives me a headache. I'm pretty sensative to the smell of cleaning products, so it makes my life easier when I don't have to take frequent breaks from cleaning due to fumes.

One great wipe!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

These are the best thing to have around your house when you have kids or someone who makes a lot of messes because they are so quick and convenient that you can not even make an excuse as to why you can't clean something up, they make it so fast and so simple. I keep a container of these in my kitchen and in each bathroom, my kids are trained to wipe off the counters after they wash their hands with one and to wipe off all the surfaces. You do not need to buy paper towels or anything else, this is all in one and easy to use. They are good even on tough messes, I like to let the wipe sit over something stuck on for a few minutes to soak it into it and it easily wipes down. It is great to not have to buy two different things (Paper towels and a cleaner) this is an all in one that makes cleaning any room in your house really easy and they leave behind a wonderful clean smell which is a big plus!

Love these

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

I love Lysol disinfecting wipes. They are so convenient and handy to have anywhere and everywhere in the house. They can clean up messes, dust, remove stains, and disinfect. Whether you are just making sure something is clean or cleaning something up, you always have peace of mind that there are no germs left behind. It also takes out the step of finding the cleaner to spray and wipe with a paper towel. Since I have kids, these are always in every room to make sure everything is clean and it is so easy because you can just throw them away when done. My favorite variety is the double sided Lysol wipes with the scrubbing side. These are awesome to do touchups on the floors in between mopping to get up those caked on messes or dirt. They scrub harder than regular wipes and you still have the disinfecting qualities. I recommend everyone has these all over the house for quick and easy disinfecting.

Not a fan.

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

I'm just not a fan of Lysol products in general. And the Lysol Disinfectant Wipes just don't seem to work as well as the Clorox wipes. They leave a sticky residue and don't dry very well. The main complaint I have with Lysol in general is the smell. Lysol products just smell so strong and overpowering. I'm not overly sensitive to smells usually, but I can't take Lysol.

The Lysol wipes do a decent job of cleaning up messes, but in my experience they leave a sticky residue that can be hard to get rid of. The wipes are usually also very wet, which may be part of the problem. I've tried them on various surfaces like countertops, sinks, the plastic parts of electronics, and doorknobs and wasn't very impressed with their performance.

I can't stand the scent of these. It is so strong that I feel like I can't breathe, and it makes me cough and sneeze like nothing else. That fume smell alone is enough to keep me from buying these wipes.

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

Lysol Disinfecting Wipes certainly have their place in the market. Their disinfecting power is undeniable and who can beat 99.9% annihilation. This products biggest selling point however, is its convenience. These pre-moistened towels are ready to go - no squirt, no scrub, no mess!

However that convenience is only available at a premium price. So is it worth it? I think on occasions, it is. There has been times when my husband will ring and say we have visitors on their way round. What if they wish to use the bathroom? In a panic I grab the Lysol Disinfecting Wipes and do a quick once-over of the bathroom surfaces. I get one more towel and wipe once around the toilet handle and rim. Within seconds I have a clean, bacteria and germ free environment fit for a king.

Do I like the fragrance? Not so much. Does it leave streaks? On occasions. My laminate kitchen surfaces are a dark shade and do tend to highlight anything with a chemical base. If I am preparing food on the surface, I do need to follow up with a damp paper towel.

All things considered, for convenience purposes, this product is hard to beat.

Lysol wipes are handy

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Wipes:

I have used Lysol Disinfectant wipes for a while now and I like how handy they are. It helps to have these wipes for jobs that you want to clean and discard. I use them in the bathroom and in the kitchen. It is handy to have them in the bathroom to clean toilets and sinks. I like that they leave a fresh clean scent to the room after using them. Sometimes we have purchased them in large quantity from stores like Costco. We can usually get a good price when we buy them in larger quantities. When it works out to just a few pennies each then I think it's worth it to have disinfectant wipes. I even use wipes to clean out the oven because I don't want to ruin my good towels and I like that these are tougher then the average paper towel. The wipes are strong enough to handle a bit of scrubbing without falling apart. I would recommend Lysol Disinfectant wipes to my friends and family.