3.5

Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes

3.5

Pros

Cons

I am all about making cleaning easier and these wipes do.

***Quick View:*** I am lazy. There I said it. I like products that make cleaning easier. These wipes do and they don't have a vinegar smell like I expected!***About Windex Multi-Surface Wipes with Vinegar***

These wipes come 25 to a pack and are 7 x10 inches each. They come in a reusable plastic pack. I would prefer a canister or something where they could stay moister. These wipes are subtly scented and can be used on almost anything including glass, kitchen appliances and surfaces, and the bathroom. They shouldn't be used on wood but, otherwise, they are super versatile. I can use a wipe for my bathroom mirrors, sink, tub, even toilet seat! Then I can go to the kitchen and use one for appliances, the countertops, and almost anything else. They can be used on my TV screen and even my computer screens. My husband uses the wipes in the car. I just wish these came in packs of 100 because I can use them almost anywhere without mess, sneezing from sprays, and having to use several products. I am very happy with these wipes and will continue to buy them in bulk!

***My Viewpoint***

These wipes area big step above glass cleaning wipes. They works well, don't streak, and can be used almost anywhere. They are my new favorite household cleaning wipes and I have to go with 5 stars. I just wish they came in larger packs.

This wasn't broke and they shouldn't have tried to fix it.

For several years, I have noticed that products are becoming more difficult to open.  Even taking into consideration that I am getting older and more easily overwhelmed by minor frustrations, it still seems that someone out there has been **deliberately **making it harder to breach a product's packaging.  I realize that packaging security is important where food, medicine, or beverages are concerned; the same is true for household products which are possibly harmful to pets or small children.  On the other hand, some packaging was **just fine** the way it used to be and didn't need fixing ... namely, ***Windex Sanitary Multi-Surface Cleaning Wipes***.

**PACKAGING TECHNOLOGY:**

Apparently, the marketing of a product involves two phases:  the invention of the product itself followed by the design of packaging and presentation to the consumers.  I consider the people in charge of the second phase as the Packaging Technicians.  Among the fine products invented by the S. C. Johnson Company is ***Windex***, a household classic, designed to clean glass and surfaces.  Various formulas were developed and well received by the public but the successful use of ***Windex ***always required TWO components -- ***Windex*** itself and paper towels or clothes to apply it with.

Then someone at S. C. Johnson came up with a great idea -- disposable wipes premoistened with ***Windex***.  They were soft, easy to use, and tended not to leave lint or streaks behind when used according to instructions.  The Packaging Technicians at S. C. Johnson also came up with a brilliant idea which involved the premoistened wipes being folded, stacked and sealed in convenient easy-to-open plastic pouches.  Because each wipe was packed singly and not attached to the others, with a little care a consumer could just pull one out and reseal the pouch without exposing the other wipes to the drying effect of air.  The soft handy pouches took up little room in glove compartments, desk drawers, or cabinets.

[***Windex Premoistened Wipes***][1] in the plastic pouches were wonderful as I reported in a previous review ... a product close to perfection but now there was another problem -- apparently, the Packaging Technicians were left with nothing to work on and their jobs depended on coming up with something new.  So they messed around with something that didn't need to be fixed or improved -- ***Windex Premoistened Wipes***.  Something new showed up on the shelves -- a round plastic canister containing 28 premoistened wipes all attached to each other in a continuously roll and designed to be pulled up through a little plastic dispenser gadget.  Clearly, trouble was brewing and had I seen what was coming next, I would have stocked up on a year's supply of the pouches while they were still available.

Now ***Windex Premoistened Wipes*** in plastic pouches are a nostalgic memory and we are stuck with the "new, improved" plastic canisters.  I tried one of these the other day.  According to the instructions (which were not on the label and had to be looked up on the Internet), you are supposed to be able to reach behind the plastic dispenser and down into the canister, grab the wipe in the center of the moist, soggy roll and pull it up through the dispenser itself.  This doesn't work.  **Don't even try it** because I can tell you that it is impossible.  I must have wasted a half hour struggling around to achieve this "easy and convenient" trick, growing increasingly frustrated not only by this product but by **all** those things which have been **difficult to open** over the years .  Finally, I did the only logical thing -- howled with frustration, wrenched the lid totally off by sheer brute force, grabbed the soggy, messy coil of wipes and hurled the empty canister across the room where it bounced off the wall and is still lying on the floor as I write this.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

Usually, I'm not the sort of person who throws things and I'm sure this wasn't pretty to watch but it at least solved one problem -- now the ***Windex Premoistened Wipes*** were in my hand and out of the gol-darned stupid container.  I kept them in a plastic Baggie until I used them up.  Only the fact that the wipes are still wonderful to use earned this new version of a tried-and-true product even a single star.  I am taking off four because of the extremely poor design of the new plastic container.  Some things just aren't broke and shouldn't be fixed.  ***Windex Premoistened Wipes*** was one of them.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Windex-Multi-Surface-Wipes-with-Vinegar-review-ae781

Leaves marks

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

The Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes leave streak free shine to your glass and mirror surfaces, making it easy for you to always have a clean home or so I thought. These left marks all over the car windows and the mirrors in the bathroom. So instead of tossing them out since they were pricey to begin with for wipes I just used the remaining pre-moistened wipes for the kitchen counter tops appliances, the stove and microwave. I even used it on the door handles as not everyone thinks of cleaning the most touched area of the house. So overall I am just going to stick to the bottle sprays when cleaning those surfaces because obviously the wipes were a bust. Also the packaging wasn't ideal as I felt like it should have been stored in a better method than sealing the flap in order for the wipes to stay moist. I would recommend buying the Windex products but not the wipes.

Didn't really care for them.

from Ohio

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

I had a small pack of these in my car for a while. I honestly didn't care for them, they made my windows wet and really streaked. I mainly used them to clean off the little finger prints in the back seat, but I found the spots and streaks to be more annoying than the kids' finger marks. The only that I enjoyed about these wipes is that they came in such a tiny little convenient pack, you could store and carry them just about anywhere without taking up a bunch of room (rather than a bottle of glass cleaner and paper towels). Other than that, I didn't like these and probably wouldn't recommend them. They just didn't work like I expected them to, they did not clean the glass.

The performance was not all that great. I did not like how wet it left the windows, resulting in some awful looking water spots and streaks. You would be better off using a bottle of Windex and some drying cloths.

The scent wasn't bad, it made my car smell clean like Windex.

Great for a quick clean!

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

These wipes are excellent for days you are short on time but still need to clean. They do an excellent job at providing an effective and quick clean of glass. I use them mainly in my car. They are so convenient to keep in your glove box and wipe down your windshield. These have been the best thing I have found for wiping down my car windshield. They do not leave any streaks and give the surface a great clean. They are also great for mirrors. I wipe down the mirror in my bathroom with these frequently. I think this is an excellent product. The price is not bad on these at all. They store nicely in the pack they come in. I will definitely continue to purchase these wipes. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quick and effective clean!

Performance is great! It gets a glass surface really clean without leaving any streaks or residue. They are incredibly easy to use and so convenient to have in your car or home!

It smells like regular Windex.

It's not worth the money!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

I like trying things that seem easy to use. Cleaning is not fun for me and the faster that I can go with it the better. I wasn't sure how these would work and my end result was that they were just alright. It really didn't save me much time because Windex spray bottles were just easy to carry around, squirt and use. It really didn't help much in that area. Also these wipes didn't work the best. The spray bottles are better for leaving streak free glass. These leave streaks sometimes. They are handy to just pull out and use, but they are a little expensive. I just didn't find these worth it. This product wasn't my favorite. I probably won't be buying this

These wipes just work okay. The Windex bottles work a lot better. It was alright, but I didn't find that it was worth it.

The scent was your basic Windex smell. There wasn't much to it. It didn't smell bad, but it wasn't great either. It was just okay.

Takes the trick, but it not natural

from Greer, SC

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

Before our family switch to more natural household cleaners we used Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes in our home. We mostly used them for a convenient way to clean our windows and mirrors, but we also used them for glass top tables and coffee tables, the glass on our oven and microwave, and also our vehicle windows. They did a great job and didn't leave any streaks. They were super convenient as well for a fast clean before company came over. The scent is a bit strong and I definitely recommend wearing gloves while using them. I cannot give this product an outstanding rating since it contains many harmful chemicals. My three-year-old daughter always wanted to help clean the windows and mirrors, but I never felt comfortable letting her handle such harsh chemicals. I Would recommend Method's Wipes as a safer alternative that cost pretty much the same.

Pretty good

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used these Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes and I like them pretty well. I can say that they are really good but I still needed paper towels some times to clean off the excess product. The first good thing about these Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes is the convenience. I found they were very easy to use. I just pulled out a wipe and then cleaned whatever glass I needed to clean and it was nearly almost always streak free. Sometimes when I got to the last few they had a little more cleaner on them so I did have to use paper towels to wipe them up. Another good thing about this product is was I was able to actually use them to clean other things like my stove and counters. I found a lot more uses than just for glass. Another good thing is that the scent was not over powering. These wipes have a very mild scent and are great if you are sensitive to smells like I am. The last good things are the price. They are affordable so anyone can afford them. I would recommend that everyone try them out. Again the only thing is that sometimes I needed more than just the wipes.

Streaks and more streaks

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

I like to buy products that make cleaning easier, I mean, who doesn't? I like to clean, but do not like to spend all of my time doing it. I bought these wipes thinking they would be great to use on bathroom mirrors and any glass that needs to be dusted in the house. I thought they would be easier since I wouldn't have to worry about paper towels and the spray bottle. I was wrong. These were a total bust and nothing but a hassle. They were over saturated with cleaning product and made my mirrors look terrible. The streaks were the worst I had ever seen. I thought it was common sense that streaks occur when too much cleaning product is left on the surface. When I opened the package and saw how saturated these wipes were, I knew they would not work at all.
I was very disappointed in this product since windex makes a great spray glass cleaner.

If you like streaks, this is the product to use.

The scent is the same as the normal windex spray bottle, which I think is a good, clean scent.

Stick with Windex in the bottle!

from Kansas

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

I was excited when these came out because I love the cleaning/disinfecting wipes that are on the market. They make cleaning much more convenient! TheWindex Original Glass and Surface Wipes do not meet up to the standards of other cleaning wipes. Windex in the bottle is much better, stick with that option instead!

These wipes come in one of those thin plastic bag like packages [does that even make any sense? Haha] These packages always claim to be resealable but I find that after a while they stop sealing back up which causes the product to dry out. These wipes have the normal Windex scent. It's a shame they don't perform as well as normal Windex does. I first used the wipes on a large mirror I own. It was so streaky when I was done! I actually went and got my actual Windex and paper towels and had to redo the mirror! I tried using them on my stainless steel kitchen appliances next and also got streaky results. Also the wipes leave a lot of lint on the item you are using them on. Really, just stick with normal windex and some paper towels.

I do not recommend these wipes. They leave the surface streaky. Just buy normal windex and some paper towels.

Maybe convenient, but certainly not effective!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

I originally purchased the Windex Original glass surface wipes because I had a coupon for them and they looked easy to use. I am a big fan of easy and fast cleaning, and these wipes seemed to fit the bill!

I attempted to use the Windex wipes on my living room windows. They were easy to use but left streaks! I did have some success using these wipes to clean my bathroom mirrors and for general cleaning of bathroom sinks and kitchen counters. The packaging of this product left a lot to be desired! I found that it was difficult to reseal the package and my wipes lost some of their moisture after the package had been opened. I would not recommend the Windex wipes for window cleaning. I actually ended up using these wipes for touch up cleaning of my bathroom mirrors and sinks. They were definitely not worth the money and a simple paper towel and Windex spray would be far more cost effective.

The scent of these wipes was fine. They have a pleasant smell that is not too strong or over powering.

Not as convenient as I had hoped

Comments about Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes:

When I first saw this product in stores I was so excited to have something convenient to keep in my vehicles to take care of the hazy and streaky look on the windshield I only notice when driving in the dark. Since I don't drive after dark very often, and often forget about it by the next day, I was constantly complaining about dirty windshields. I was certain the Windex Original Glass and Surface Wipes were the answer to my prayers.

These wipes were purchased with the assumption that they were going to be convenient and simple. I keep them in my vehicles and occasionally use them around the house. While they clean just like you would expect a Windex product to, they aren't as convenient as I had hoped. The wipes are almost too wet and sudsy, so you still need to follow behind (quite quickly) with a dry cloth to remove the suds, or you still have a streaky and spotty surface. I end up with twice as much trash to collect in my vehicle, and the effort is not any less than using a bottle if I had the bottle in the vehicle with me.

The scent is the same as the original Windex spray.