Other General Household Cleaners:

Pledge Multi Surface Wipes

Pros

Cons

I Pledge to Clean All My Surfaces with One Wipe

I would say that dusting is one of my least favorite chores.  I always end up sneezing as I'm working my way around the room.  Then, I have to use two different cleaners because what works to clean wood leaves streaks and smears on my glass tabletops.  I received a sample of **Pledge Multi Surface Wipes**, and I'm never going back to using  multiple cleaners. Pledge Multi Surface wipes are pre-moistened with a cleanser that is suitable for metal, glass, electronics, mirrors, and sealed wood.  The Pledge wipe is roughly the size of a baby wipe, and it is not too wet nor too dry.  There is no discernable smell, which makes my nose and sinuses very happy.

I have a wood table with glass surfaces that needed dusting, so that's where I began.  The wipes cleaned off the dust and smudges from the wood areas, and easily cleaned the glass without streaks or haze.  I moved on to a couple of end tables, a console table, the television screen, and even some frames.  I used both sides of the wipe and tossed it when it got dirty.  That one wipe did a great job on so many surfaces, with just one product.

As you can see, I really do like these **Pledge Multi Surface Wipes** but I had to take away one star because they're just not eco-friendly.  Instead of the disposable wipes, I think that I will buy the cleaner in a bottle, and use my own reusable microfiber cleaning cloths.  That way, I'll get the easy cleaning of Pledge without sacrificing my concern for the environment.

Multi surfaces are great, but the lint it leaves behind isn't!

I have been so happy with my [Swiffer 360 Dusters][1] , that I forgot all about the free sample I had of the **Pledge Multi Surface Wipes. ** Although the Swiffer product doesn't "polish" the wood, just cleans it, the Pledge Multi Surface Wipes don't polish either.  As the package indicates they: "Safely cleans & dusts wood, glass & more in 1 easy step!".

The package shows that this product is literally good for many different surfaces including: automotive interior, wood, electronics, metal and glass.  It also says it won't leave streaks or smeary residue.  To test out this product, I used it on wood, glass and metal.

I gave this product 3 stars because although it did clean glass and metal nicely, I was really disappointed in how it cleaned and dusted my wooden end table.  I enjoyed trying out this sample, but it isn't something I would buy.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Swiffer-360-Dusters-review-efa75

The first thing I dusted was an end table in my living room.  I was pleased with the first swipe across the table, however, after swiping the entire end table, it started leaving dust and lint in it's path ruining the nice appearance that lasted seconds.  I decided to then clean my picture frames.  I really enjoyed using Pledge Multi Surface Wipes for picture frames because I can clean the glass and the frame with one product.  It cleaned both the glass and the frame nicely.  The last area I tried these wipes on was my bathroom.  I used the wipe to clean spots on my mirror and shine the faucet.  The wipe did both things nicely, and to my surprise didn't smear on the mirror.

No noticeable scent.

Works best on wood

from Greer, SC

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

Before our family switched to more natural, safer cleaners we used to use Pledge Multi-surface wipes. They were convenient for when we were in a rush and had people coming over they were a fast fix to the many messes that two little people can make. In our experience these wipes worked the best on wooden surfaces. They seemed to be kind of streaking on mirrors and windows. The product promises to work on a variety surfaces which really is a nice thought, but it wasn't our experience. We have switched to using Norwex a lot. They are primarily microfiber cloths that are activated by water...just water. How's that for natural and chemical free? They are truly multi-surface too as they work amazingly on glass -- mirrors and windows, wood, counter tops, porcelain toilets, linoleum floors, etc. We have loved the Norwex products. If you're not concerned about being natural the Pledge wipes are okay, but I would say they are best to use on wooden surfaces.

This is a good wipe for lighter jobs!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

The Pledge multi surface wipes work pretty well. They do work better for lighter jobs though. If you need to really scrub something to get it clean then I would choose a different cleaning product. I do like that you can use these on multiple surfaces. It's nice that one wipe can do many jobs around the house or at work. The pouch is nice because you can reseal it. The wipes have a good amount of cleaning liquid on them. The scent was alright. It wasn't anything great, but it still left an okay scent. It was still a clean smell. I didn't really notice any smudge or streaks after wiping with these. That was nice. The other thing that I liked was that they are just handy to have. If I have the time I will use other cleaning products, but if I'm in a hurry and looking to clean fast than these are just nice to have. You can just pull a wipe out and go around the rooms cleaning whatever is popping out. All in all these are pretty good cleaning wipes. I would buy them again.

The Pledge multi surface wipes did a pretty good job of cleaning things around the house in a hurry. They picked up dust, fingerprints, marks, dirt and other things from objects around the house. It was nice to use one wipe for multiple surfaces.

There wasn't anything that special about the scent, but it was just a basic clean smell. It wasn't bad though.

Cleans all surfaces

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

Want an all-purpose cleaner that can clean glass, wood, metal and even technology and electronics such as keyboards and televisions? Well the Pledge Multi Surface Clean Dust Wipes is the ideal choice for all those surfaces. It is a great money saver from buying multiple cleaners for different surfaces and I even use it to clean my marble top kitchen bench and plastic surfaces. My desktop collects a lot of dust and the Pledge Multi Surface Clean Dust Wipes is safe to use on my keyboard, mouse, screen monitor and tower. The Pledge Wipes not only removes dust but also removes dust mites and whatever my cat’s shed during the day, like hair and skin. Only problem I find is that 25 wipes in a pack is not enough as dust gathers in a lot of areas and with only that limited 25 amount of wipes its quite irksome. Overall I am happy with Pledge’s all-purpose cleaning features with most surfaces and that it kills allergens.

Good But Not Effective on All Surfaces

from wilkes barre, PA

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

I bought Pledge Multi Surface Wipes because I wanted something to keep in my car to clean the interior as well as the windows and I thought these wipes would be perfect for that purpose. These wipes were very convenient to use and came in handy when I wanted to quickly clean up or polish. I did not like that these wipes began shedding some fibers as I tried to wipe them across surfaces. When I used these wipes to polish up my dashboard and windows in my car I would notice small white fibers being left behind. I also do not think these wipes are very good for cleaning glass, I have tried to clean both windows and glass tabletops with the Pledge Multi Surface Wipes and every time I would get streaking and smudges left on the glass. Pledge Multi Surface Wipes did not have a harsh or lingering fragrance; they also did not irritate my hands. Overall, I think this product is very good for on the go cleaning or for touch ups in between house cleaning.

Great for furniture but not as good on windows.

from West Virginia

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

I love these around the house literally on everything that I would use the aerosol version on except windows. They don't leave the windows streak free and they leave little fuzz pieces behind on my windows. I can use them to wipe the glass down but I have to go back over it with another dry cloth to make sure the lint is gotten up and that the streaks are eradicated.

I do like that these are premoistened. It helps that the pack is resealable because it keeps the product from drying out. They're easy to store and you can keep them anywhere.

I like to use these on my coffee tables and end tables that have glass inserts though. They do get a little streaky but I can go back over them when I'm finished to dry and set the product in place. I also like to use these on the kitchen table, chairs, chair legs, and on our bar in our kitchen.

Pros of this product are that I can use them on anything in my kitchen and bathroom. They work great on metal, glass, wood, and even ceramic tile. They stay moist and the package is small and can be stashed anywhere.

Cons of this are that they can streak the glass a bit and that they don't have the most amazing scent.

Overall these do a great job on everything I can think of to use them on but they do streak my glass a little bit.

They don't stink but they're not the most pleasant scent.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but these are awesome!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

My husband and I like to travel and we like art. You can probably imagine the collection of bookshelves that we own that are covered in little knick-knacks that we've collected over the years. Once every couple months I tend to get a hair out of place and go "cleaning crazy", especially when I see dust settling on my Mexican wood carvings. At times like that, Pledge Multi Surface Wipes basically save my marriage. My husband and I have a lot in common, including the fact that we both hate to clean and dust. These wipes make a much-hated chore much more tolerable. Not only is it a breeze to wipe down each little knick-knack (regardless if it's made from wood, glass, porcelain or pkastic) with a convenient pre-moistened wipe, but I can wipe off the wood bookshelf too! It doesn't get any easier than that! It all looks clean and shiny afterward too. And I love that I don't have to spray anything and worry about getting feathers, fabric or fur wet on some of our collectibles. I just wish more stores carried Pledge Multi Surface Wipes.

I love these wipes

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

I have to say these are my favorite brand of wipes. Most cleaning wipes cannot be used on your furniture. Matter of fact you have to go out of your way to make sure they don't get on the wood to make sure it will not be damaged. I was using glass cleaning wipes to clean the glass on my picture frames, but I had to be careful I did not get it on the wood housing the glass so it would still look nice. When they came out with these wipes I was excited. I could clean the glass on my china cabinet and the wood at the same time. No more trying to go around each and every piece of glass on every photo frame or every section of my china cabinet. I have been using these for about two years now and I really love them. They can be used on just about every surface just like what they say, they can clean wood and glass with no damage to the wood. These wipes smell great and make my glass/wood mixed items look so nice and clean.

Work great at cleaning all surfaces with no damage to wood surfaces. The only thing I don't like is they seem to dry out very quickly when you are using them, but I don't count that as a major issue just a minor one.

Great scent.

Had doubts but they were unfounded!!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

I absolutely LOVE these wipes! I was worried they wouldn't perform as described on the package (countertops,glass,electronics,wood) but they DO it all. Cleaned my filthy coffee table no problem, the glass and frames of my pictures, tv screens, monitor screens -- WOW. I just wish they were BIGGER then I could do more before having to get a fresh one out of the pack.

The wipes cleaned GREAT and were very durable. I had some streaking on glass items but that was from the sheer amount of dirt and nicotine residue that had built up on the surfaces. A few extra strokes and the streaks were no more. Going to ban smoking from the apartment to keep this from happening anymore. These are ALSO great for cleaning the leaves of my artificial plants.

What scent? I really didn't notice ANY scent or fragrance while I was using them at all. I gave a 6 rating for a neutral perspective -- nothing obnoxiously cleaner like and not fruity/floral scented either.

One Product That Does Nothing Well

from Potomac, MD

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

I have used Pledge products for years and thought that a multi surface wipe would be an excellent choice to cut down on the number of products I need to purchase and work on more than one surface. That is not the case with this particular wipe. They claim to be effective on glass, wood, electronics, granite and metal. What I think they mean is that the wipes won't harm these surfaces. On glass mirrors, they were particularly ineffective on spotting such as toothpaste and left streaks. I also found the wipe difficult to hold while working on wall mirrors and I don't suffer from arthritis or any other condition that would cause that. On a flat glass surface when you could bear down, they work better. But you will scrub and still use your fingernail to pick at tough spots. They cleaned my tablet and computer screen satisfactorily and without streaks. If there are sticky spots on the granite, you want another cleaner. Granite in both the bathroom and kitchen can be very sticky and these don't do sticky. The wipes are fine for dusting wood or metal. They do not have an antibacterial ingredient which I would want for kitchen and bathroom as they are too expensive to be just for dusting. I wouldn't buy them again.

strong chemical smell

save your money these are not worth it

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:

I have used these things multiple times, and I just don't think they are worth the money. I suppose they do clean multiple surfaces, but they don't leave them looking really great and shiny like other pledge products do. I have found them to be over priced and I think you would be better served buying a less expensive competitor. they also often come out of the package very dry.