2.6
Litter Purrfect
Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter

Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter

2.6

Pros

• Reduces odor (6)
  • Good value (3)

Cons

• Messy (4)
  • Tracks (3)

• Multiple cats (3)
    • Moisture Absorption:
    • Odor Control:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (7)

Good for the price

I skimmed over the other reviews, so I'm not sure if I'm repeating any comments. I LIKE the product, considering the price. Yes, there is some dust, so you need to pour it gently, or wear a mask if you're sensitive. There is NO ammonia odor from the cat urine (I have one cat). The urine totally clumps into a ball and you can scoop it out in one piece. Our cat tends to not always bury his feces for some reason (perhaps he's getting old), so there is naturally some odor when it's sitting on top of the litter. Other than that, it's quite odorless. I used to use litter where the ammonia smell would irritate my eyes. None of that with Litter Purrfect. I have one suggestion, which I hope they will see and do something about. The jug weighs 38 lbs. when full. It is difficult for me (and I'm sure many older cat owners) to lift it initially when refilling the litter box. It would be easier if they created a small indentation in the bottom of the jug, so you can lift the bottom with the fingers of your other hand. I've used other products with this feature, and it REALLY HELPS! Thanks for listening.

Litter Purrfect is DUSTY DUSTY DUSTY DUSTY, did I mention DUSTY.

I have tied Litter Purrfect for several months. I found this site while searching for their site to let them know why I wont buy it again. In a word DUST! Huge dust clouds pouring it in the litter boxes, more when scooping, everywhere.

I do like the scent, and the price, but I can no longer stand being choked by chalk dust every time I scoop the box.

Matt (4 cats)

Won't buy it anymore...

from Duncan, BC, Canada

Pros

Cons

• Messy
    • Non-clumping
    • Pet Doesn't Like It
    • Smells Bad
    • Tracks

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

I have used Litter Purrfect SCOOPABLE litter for years and noticed that the last container that I bought is no longer clumping. It leaves a wet mess in the bottom of the litter box and the cats don't like it either. Unless they change back to the old scoopable formula, I won't be buying it again.

Good value for the money

from Etobicoke

About Me New Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Value
      • Pet Likes It
      • Reduces Odor

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

I've skimmed through the other comments and decided to leave one. I like the product. Nacho seems to be happy with it too. I've just adopted him a few month back from the pet shelter and he took to it right away!
          The odor control is working well for me - I clean the litter box about once or twice a week.There isn't much tracking from the litter, the dust is fine as long as I don't lift it high when pouring. The clumping is very good. The jug is quite heavy when full, but it is also what makes it economical. Overall, I think it is a very good value for the money. I will keep buying it

Great product, great price

from Las vegas

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Value
          • Low Tracking
          • Reduces Odor

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

Found this to be excellent product

Never again until improved

from Nanaimo Canada

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Reduces Odor

Cons

• Messy
            • Tracks
            • Turns into cement

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

Used to use this a lot and it was great. Now it's hideous and almost impossible to get out of the kitty litter box. Takes forever to clean the box especially since one cat has kidney problems and pees A LOT! I'm considering trying to build a small house out of carved out blocks. It also sticks to the feet of all three cats and ends up all over the house. What demented or evil person am decided to make this insane change?

Will not buy again... What happened?

from Cloverdale B.C.

Pros

• Reduces Odor

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

I will not buy this litter again. Does not clump properly.
                  Turns into wet cement in the bottom of the litter box.

I like the product

from Lower Nicola, BC, Canada

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Value
                  • Long-Lasting
                  • Pet Likes It
                  • Reduces Odor

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

I really like the product but there needs to be a handle or something on the bottom. I am getting to that age (senior) and have had back surgery. Picking up that container takes some doing.

Will not buy again

from Torrance, CA

Pros

Cons

• Messy
                      • Was full of black bugs

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

The litter was full of little black crawling bugs. I couldn't let my cats walk around in that. I had to throw it out. What a waste. Cheap becomes expensive.

New formula is dreadful!

from Glasgow

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Reduces Odor

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

We've used Litter Purrfect for years and recommended it to friends as it used to be so good. The cat litter box could be cleaned out quickly and easily. Unfortunately, the new formula leaves the litter dray like mud on the bottom and takes about 15 minutes each morning. Why reinvent the wheel? Please go back to the original formula or we will be looking elsewhere!

Litter Purrfect not clumping properly

Pros

Cons

• Smells Bad
                          • Tracks

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

Formerly clumped okay but recently it does not clump as advertised. Will stop using if not corrected. Have used it for years but not satisfactory at this time.

New formula with crystals, not as good as previous batch

Comments about Litter Purrfect All Natural Litter:

Since the change in formula our household has noticed a nauseating amount of odor persisting through the frequent cleanings and despite the distant location with fans going and windows open. Seriously disappointed in a product I've used for years. We have 4 critters, not all by our choosing, but well loved and cared for (often eating better than we do). That's a lot of litter to go through and money lost for this company if they don't go back to the smaller granules sans crystals. If I need extra odor protection, I use a powder (brand name is common, so won't list). Anyway, here's to hoping they switch back.

Moisture Absorption
                          Large granules don't clump as well.

Gross pooling at the bottom.

Odor Control
                          Seriously bad, even after a fresh cleaning. It's trying too hard to cover up odor and making it worse.

I like the pour jug, but understand the frustrations of those with injuries who might prefer a container capable of using a cup to disperse.

• Moisture Absorption: