Other Exercise DVDs & Videos:
DVD
Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds

Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds

Good and fun for those home bodies

I used Leslie Sansone's workout videos a few years ago.  You can usually find them in the public library with all the other workout stuff.  The difference between Leslie Sansone and most other workout instructors is that her stuff is really meant to not be TOO strenuous, I think.  When I started working out, I realized very soon that boot camps and fast-paced sweat-packed movies were not my cup of tea.  Leslie Sansone's videos looked a lot less scary.  And they are!  Her different videos are all meants not to scare you, and they are all meant to keep you at least exercising.  I'll admit, staying inside and walking to a video seems a little silly when you've got lovely scenery outside and fresh air.  But some of us just prefer being inside, or work all day and maybe would rather do that work out inside with the kids.  Whatever the case, these workouts are not too hard, but still give you the energy afterward to feel like you really worked your body out.

Really Uneffective

Walk away the pounds was very boring and I do not feel that I lost any weight from doing the video daily for a month.  All you do is walk in the same spot for two miles not doing any kind of hills or anything productive.  She tries to incorporate the arms as well, but the weight that she suggested was too small.  Once I started walking outside, I noticed a huge difference in my butt.  When you do the walk away the pounds DVD you are on flat surface whereas outside you go up and down hills and can easily go further than 1 or 2 miles.  I found the DVD to be very boring and it got old after a couple of days.  I understand it is trying to target busy moms or people who are out of shape, but it seriously did not increase my heart-rate or anything even when she tried to "pump up the pace".  My advice would be to burn the DVD and go outside to walk because I noticed a huge difference when I started walking outside compared to Walk Away the Pounds.

Actually some good cardio at home!

from Kansas

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

I have done most of the Leslie Sansone DVD's. I love them! I originally tried this one with a friend. She was extremely overweight and we thought an at home walking workout would be a great start as exercise and not too strenuous. I was at a normal weight and normal health when we did the Walk Away the Pounds DVD. It actually will make you sweat. It's good cardio! I was actually surprised when I noticed myself actually getting a workout from it. It's not hard to do at all or cause any strain on your joints, which is great. Leslie is very upbeat and bubbly which actually gets on my nerves but that's because I have a very different personality but I assume it could be motivating to some people. I normally mute the DVD and watch her instead of watch and listen. Overall, I recommend this DVD, it's a quick 3 mile workout that will give you a workout even though you're just walking, plus you can do it at your own home!

Walk Away The Pounds

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

I have been a fan of Leslie Sansone for several years and I own well over 30 of her fitness dvds. What I like about her fitness dvds are, anyone of any age or size can workout to these dvds. Most of her fitness dvds are very low impact. There are no fancy moves to learn and if there happen to be a move you can not do, Leslie tells you to just keep on walking. It's not the moves that get you fit but the pace that you workout that gets you fit. In each of Leslie fitness dvds there is upbeat music to get you engaged in each and every workout. There is a time clock featured with every workout to let you know that you are getting close to finishing your workout.

I own all of Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds dvds and the 4 mile challenge is my favorite out of the four different workouts. In this workout Leslie is working out with a large cast. The cast members are from all different ages and backgrounds. There are no boosters used in this particular workout. Leslie Sansone performs leg lifts, kick backs, side steps and arm lifts. The entire workout is 60 minutes long. At the end of the workout Leslie makes sure you are given a proper stretch.

I have benefited from using Leslie Sansone fitness dvds. I would recommend any of Leslie Sansone fitness dvds to anyone who like to walk or is looking for a low impact workout series.

Must have DVD

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

This DVD is a lifesaver. Leslie Sansone does an awesome job teaching you how to exercise and lose weight without complicated movements. I would recommend this anyone trying to lose weight or get in shape. All you do is walk but there's a twist to the walking. I'm one who doesn't like to go to the gym, or exercise period, but I needed help getting in shape, so my mother in law recommended this to me and I haven't looked back. It is worth the money, believe me. You will not be disappointed at your results. It may take some time for you to see results, but results are coming. This is for people of all ages. don't just take my word for it. Check it out yourself.

Great Addition to the Series!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

I love, love, love Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series! They're awesome during the winter when the weather is icky, or even in the summer when it is simply too hot and humid to walk outside.

Leslie has a lovely, positive, upbeat attitude that you would think would become annoying but really isn't. She makes those miles fly right by.

I love that her videos have a counter in the corner and she tells you when you've done a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, etc. It's really motivating!

I also love that she uses normal people in her videos. They are mostly women, but there's usually a man thrown in as well. The women are of all sizes and ages so you can really see that these are videos for everyone at every fitness level.

This three mile walk is a bit on the long side, but it is three miles so you have to take that into consideration.

This is a wonderful addition to an amazing series of low impact, easy to use workout videos. They're great for everyone at any age and fitness level and I highly recommend them.

Fakes

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

Overall the woman is a fake and her results are not typical. I have only lost 4 lbs with her program and I have been on it for nearly 2 months now so my question is how do you actively lose weight on a program that promises you false dreams and the dietien eats at McDonalds everyday yet she is slim like a twig???

Perfect Indoor Workout

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone is one of the workouts I always find myself returning to. When the weather gets cold, or it's raining outside, this is the perfect exercise to keep me in shape without leaving my house. I also did this workout a lot in college. It is perfect for small spaces or when you are in a hurry.

These workouts have a counter that tells you how far you are walking, while remaining in one place. Leslie is one of the greatest motivators in workout DVDs. She seems like the kind of person who really cares about her clients, and that comes thru the DVD.

The music on these is always motivational, and the people who are on the exercise DVD seem to be having a good time while exercising.

The convenience of this exercise program is one of the reasons I always come back to it. You can walk for 12 minutes, or an hour. It's important to just do something, and these exercise DVDs are set up in a way that it makes it possible to easily spend as much time as you have available to work out. I also like that this isn't too vigorous. You can do this workout on your off day or even before going somewhere if you don't want to have to get a shower after exercising.

Love Leslie!

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds has been a huge staple in my weight loss journey after my daughter was born. Her videos are easy to follow and can be done by any age at any intensity, in literally just about any space. Her moves are basic, there is no dancing. Her steps include marching in place (which is her "walking") side steps, knee lifts, ancd kicks. She jazzes her moves up by adding simple to follow arm movements to get your heart pumping and calories burning. Leslie is a chatty little thing, and very encouraging. She laughs and giggles a lot. If ever you get confused on any steps she is doing, she will tell you to simply go back to walking. Each routine will start off with a warm up in which she reviews her four basic steps, and then increases the pace gradually. Her routines are generally broken up into miles, where each mile runs approximately 10-15 minutes. So a two mile walk with Leslie would run about 30 minutes. So if you are looking to get started with fitness, look no further because Leslie is perfect for beginners and advanced alike. You will not be disappointed!

Walk away the pounds is a great starter workout

from Berwick, PA

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

I borrowed Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds from my mother when I was pregnant. Since you don't want to jump into a new routine when you are pregnant - if you are active, this one would be great. I also used these videos after I had the baby for my first workouts after I had a c-section. I think they are great tool to ease back into exercising. You can tailor these workouts to your fitness level - if you want to step it up a notch, just put more effort into it - step a little wider or use your arms a little more. Low impact, but high energy!!!

I really enjoy working out with these videos - even when I am not pregnant. It includes 3 workouts - one mile, two miles or three mile workouts. It really fits into my on the go life. If I can only do 1 mile, I still feel like I get a decent workout for the day.

The music is pretty good and upbeat, the steps are easy to follow. I LOVE the little tracker at the bottom of the screen that tracks your progress. It lets you celebrate a little while you are working out - "you've already done 1 mile!" And everytime I hear that, I'm astonished how fast it goes by.

If you have kids, they can workout with you and feel good about themselves - that they can do the same moves :)

Walk Away the Pounds is fun to do and really produces results!

from Sun City Center, FL

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone is really one of the most enjoyable and effective ways to get in shape, lose those extra pounds and help in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.  The routines are very easy to learn and follow, and can be done in the comfort of home.  The one and two mile workouts are perfect for beginners, and they are fun!     Leslie is very upbeat, energetic and motivating.  The walk group is fun to follow and the routine is based on four basic moves.  There are no complicated instructions-that is so refreshing after attempting to follow some other exercise videos over the years.  Yes, it does work, however, the motivation and discipline have to be the driving forces in order to "stay the course"!  I quickly found myself quickly checking out more of Leslie's dvd's and learning the longer routines with added stretch bands, weights and the exercise ball.  "Its a good thing".

Walk Away the Pounds is an amazing way to exercise

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds:

Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone is 3 workouts on 1 dvd.  You start with the 1 mile it's called get up and get started and that's just what it does it runs approximately 18 minutes.  You can use 2 lb hand weights for this and the other workouts.  All the workouts provide stretches after the workout because that's when muscles should be stretched when they are warm, never cold.  After you are comfortable with the 1 mile you can move on to the high calorie burn 2 mile walk this is a little more intense a little more cardio, and it lasts approximately 30 minutes.  Now just because these ae called walk away the pounds, you don't just march in place.  You are really having fun with these people.  The time goes quite quickly and there is a kind of volume bar that lets you know how far you are into the workout.  You do upper body and lower body.  You never get on the floor.  There is also the 3 mile walk, super fat burning which lasts about 47 minutes.  I have to be honest I have only done this a few times.  It's a little too intense for me.  I have been doing the 2 mile walk at least 5 days a week for about 8 months.  I have lost about 50 pounds (along with a diet), and I can definitely see the definition in my upper body.  I feel stronger

I feel that walk away the pounds is a wonderful way for anyone to get in a good workout, regardless of weather issues.  Even on days that I am short for time I have done 2 1 mile walks instead of the 2 miles at once.   Leslie Sansone and her "group" are very motivating, and very upbeat.