Other Fans:

Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan

Pros

Cons

When they said "Wind Machine" they meant it

We bought this Lasko Wind Machine about a two years ago. This fan is a wind machine indeed, it's a great fan. We bought it to help circulate air from the AC so we could hopefully cut the AC down some. This fan has been a tremendous help and is a great addition to our home.

Air Flow
Even at the lowest setting you're getting plenty of air flow, but if you need some powerful air flow....just turn it up. There are 3 settings, High, Med & Low. The fan is pretty quiet on low, the noise level does rise a little bit when you turn it up on high.

Very easy to use, not alot of button or settings.

Very durable.
This fan is well worth it because it works great, and it's affordable. Having a fan like this will help cool your area of choice with ease.

We both love that you can pivot the fan up and down to set it in the direction you like. There are knobs on each side that you tighten to hold the fan at that direction. This is a nice feature if you don't like air to blow directly on you (like me). It works great and it's so easy.

not a bad fan, but hasn't held up well physically

I love my fans. I really do. I can't sleep without them. I need constant white noise, and I like a cool room. When the air is still, I just can't sleep. That's why I picked up one of these. This last go floor fan. Overall, it is an excellent fan. I like the level and the quality of noise that the machine makes. To me it is perfect, to some people it might be considered a tad loud. My only problem is the material that it is made of. I've dropped a couple of times and it has chips and cracks all over. After several cleanings, tabs meant to keep the cover in place have broken as well. So I really wish that it would hold up a little better to abuse. But overall, it blows. It blows a lot. And despite how that might sound, that's a really good thing.

Wonderful fan!

Comments about Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan:

Great floor fan, love the adjustable style. The 3 settings are perfect. So easy to clean . . . unplug, remove 4 screws in back and 2 on handle. I used my hand vac first then wiped blades and frames down. Like new!! Easy! Can't go wrong with this fan and great price!

Perfect last minute plan

Comments about Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan:

It was a really hot summer day when I bought this fan. The air conditioner wasn't working and it was 105 degrees outside. For the price I paid for this fan I can honestly say it's great. The flow of air you receive is great. Some fans you barely feel the air, but not this one. You can carry it around it's easily accessible. I'm not a big fan of the design but as long as it keeps me cool this fan is a winner

When they said "Wind Machine" they meant it

from Livin' on the edge of the world, FL

Air Flow

Very easy to use, not alot of button or settings.

Very durable.

great bang for the buck

from Mansfield, OH

Comments about Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan:

this is a really good fan for the cost! i would recommend it to anyone!! I especially like the round shape and color. Not one of those old boring box fans.!!! And another plus is the adjustable base so it can be aimed up or down for better directing of the air.

• Air Flow:

great air flow, quiet, adjustable angles

from Londonderry, NH

Comments about Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan:

Fairly quiet and can blow air in a large area

Air Flow
Great and the angle adjustment allows air to flow low or toward the ceiling.

Light weight and easy to carry to new location

Have had for a month. Too soon to tell, but the stand, case, and fan look like they will last. Motor seems strong enough.

Looks better than the stand square box fan, but a box design is better for window applications. Window use is not why I bought it.

• Air Flow:

Best fan I have ever owned!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan:

I have 2 of these fans, and recently acquired the 2nd one (I have had the other for about 5 years). These fans are amazing, they do a great job of optimizing air flow in my apartment, which helps my window air conditioners to operate more efficiently (which probably is helping to extend the life of my air conditioners).

Air Flow
I only need the air to circulate the air 15 feet away from the unit, and this fan does just that.

There is a knob on the back, and the unit has 4 settings (off, low, medium and high); the knob is very easy to turn. There are knobs on the side of the unit that can be tightened to keep the fan at the angle you choose (I, however, have never had to tighten them), that being said, the fan is still very easy to pivot.

I am fairly gentle with my things, however, I'm sure these fans have been kicked a time or two on accident. It is important to note that I have had one of the fans for about 5 years, and have had no issues.

This fan is great for taking the cool air that hovers around the floor, and circulating it throughout the entire room (floor to ceiling). Also, I have cleaned my older fan a few times, and it is very easy to do so.

• Air Flow:

Lasko is an excellent brand, good value fan

from Hannibal, MO

Comments about Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan:

This fan is a very good fan to have. It helps on the very hot days to move cool air from the air conditioner. It blows hard but is quiet in doing so. Lasko is an excellent brand. I have a Lasko fan I have had for years that still runs as good today as it did the first day. An excellent value for your money.

Excellent air flow

Very easy to use

Lasko fans seem like there is no end to them. No problems at all with one I have had for years

I like the design very much. It sits on a table or bench as well as on the floor.

• Air Flow:

nice if you dont have a air conditioner

from Concrete, WA

Comments about Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan:

This Fan is really good to cool off a whole big room has strong force helps on hot days works good to sit in front of screen door also

Air Flow
Really strong air flow almost industrial

just set up plug in and choose the speed you need.

Light weight but built to last

huge but works good a bit bulky

• Air Flow:

Well built and easy to use.

from Baton Rouge, LA

Comments about Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan:

I have brought several Lasko fans over the years and they are among some of the best I have had. I purchased a Lasko 3300 wind machine to help in my den to help keep it cool. I live in Louisiana and the heat and humidity is sometimes unbearable and the Lasko 3300 wind machine helps to keep the den cool and also helps to cut down on my utility bill. I would recommend it to anyone its a great buy.

Fantastic

Point and turn on.

Well built.

Cool

Outstanding Design & Performance

from Madison, AL

Comments about Lasko Wind Machine Floor/Box Fan:

I first experienced this fan in the cycle studio at my gym; one of our instructors had brought his fan from home to help keep the room even cooler than the air conditioning allowed for really intense workouts.

I loved how strongly this fan performed and how well it cooled that I went and bought one for home use in preparation for summer. Its a different, smarter take on a standard box fan as its circular but still large, and you can adjust the tilt direction of it and this the literal wind flow without affecting the stability of the entire fan(that seems to be an issue with fans that have the ability to rotate/tilt adjust, especially fans which stand on the floor.

This fan is a great investment, not the quietest thing in the world but I don't know what people expect from a fan that generates this much coolness and wind! Wonderful and built to last-much more so than other fans on the market in my opinion. A good value for the purchase price.

Air Flow
Hard to imagine it being any better

Extremely simple to operate and adjust angle, speed of fan

Almost daily use, still performing solidly- would be very surprised if I had any problems with it for several more years.

Haven't figured out a good way to clean the inside of it yet