Other Fans:

Lasko Floor/Box Fan

Pros

Cons

• Air Flow:

It's a box fan, what more should I have to say, it works!

It's only May and I refuse to turn on the air conditioning yet, especially since the weather report calls for a change in the weather in a few days. So time to break out...Read complete review

It's only May and I refuse to turn on the air conditioning yet, especially since the weather report calls for a change in the weather in a few days. So time to break out the fans.

We have two of these Lasko Box fans, and I love them. The housing box is stell, the grates over the fan baldes are plastic, but strudy. I have not had a single piece break yet, and for a box fan, that is saying something, in my past experience.

There are three speeds, and we tend to set this one in front of the open door and allow it to pull in cool air in the evening and blow out hot air during the day. That is another great thing about box fans, turn them one direction and they bring air into the house, turn them the other direction and they blow air out of the house.

The lowest speed works well, and if very quiet. The higher speeds have a little more sound to them, but overall it is still a pretty quiet fan. I almost never use the top speed on this fan. The low and middle settings are more than enough to do whatever I want it too.

I am actually thinking about heading out and getting another on of these fans! That is probably good enough endorsement of the fan in and of itself, because if I was unhappy, I would never buy the brand again, but I am happy and I look forward to another purchase.

I hear all this lype about Lasko 3723 but I don't see it

I must say that the Lasko 3723 box fan is not my favorite. It does have three spin settings ( which you think would be good). Yeah, it is inexpensive and it does feel pretty good when you first plug it in... but I have had mine for two years and when turned on high, it feels like it is only on low. We have about five Lasko 3723 box fans in our house, only because they are so inexpensive. They do help a little when each on is turned on in all of the rooms but after about ten minuted you can not even feel the air that is to be blowing around. I do not understand what all the hype is about this particular model because it just does not do the trick. If I wanted it to feel like the fan was on low; I would have turned the knob to low. The only way that I get cooled off with this fan is if I have the dang thing sitting right next to me or the bed at night. Sometimes it shakes and makes this weird clicking noise; which definetly keeps me up at night and it has even woke me up in the middl eof the night.

gets the job done

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

We use this fan in the summer for hot days, and in the winter to blow warm air from our wood stove.

Air Flow
It can almost take your breath away with three different settings.

Very easy to use, just very bulky as well.

we have had this fan for ten years with no issues what so ever.

This design is bulky and a little loud, but it does what we need it to do.

College Dream

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

Perfect for any college student dorm. The fan is extremely powerful and has many settings and speeds. Although it takes up a lot of space and is not versatile, it will definitely keep you cool in hot rooms without air conditioning. Highly recommended for future or current college students/anybody living in apartments.

• Air Flow:

The Lasko 3723 is a good, quality fan.

from Alpine, UT

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

I've always liked box fans. They put out a lot of air and are stable enough that you can use them for a multitude of purposes. Also, I like to use them for background noise to block out roommates, neighbors, traffic and other sounds. The Lasko 3723 is a high quality fan that can do all these things. While it's been said that it can be squeaky at times, I've found that's an issue with most box fans. This one, however, hasn't stuck out to me too much in that regard. It seems to have a good, steady motor and gets the job done. Plus, for the money it probably can't be beat. I'd recommend this fan to anyone who needs to competent cooler and some good background noise. You can put it in an open window overnight and you'll be amazed by how effective it is.****

• Air Flow:

Love these Lasko 3723 Floor/Box Fans we have 4!

from Webb City, MO

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

First of i absolutely love these fans they are amazing!! For the price and length of they last it is so worth it!1 I have 4 of these fans in my home and we use them evy night.. My girls got used to the noise so we have them in every bedroom including mine! The sound and air that it produces is wonderful. Not to lopud but just right for us all to get a nice nights sleep. Also with these fans we don't have to use our air conditioner but a couple of months a year so it save so much on our energy costs. I would recommend this fan to everyone especially mothers that need some white noise for their babies to sleep a true life saver some nights!! I highly recommend theLasko 3723 Floor/Box Fan!! The price is the lowest in my area so it is easily replace able but will last for years!!

Great for larger spaces

from Stafford, TX

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

I really loved this fan, but I did not keep it. It seemed like my rooms were not large enough to keep the blades clean. This powerhouse of a fan will really crank out the coolness in any size space, but it also becomes a major dust magnet and that makes it very difficult to keep for me. My allergies just will not allow it. Definitely more cost effecient than running your A/C and you can put the direction of the air on you as much as you like without having to wait for the entire house to cool down. Keep this way from small children and pets. That would be my one word of advice. Oh, and I did not care for the lighter color because it just looks tacky after some age is on the unit, but for the performance, you get over it.

You can find a Lasko fan in all my windows in the summer!

from Bellbrook, OH

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

I have pretty much replaced the air conditioning in my house with Lasko fans. I just put a box fan in every window in the summertime, and turn it on high. Yes, it is a little louder, but I think it works wonderfully. Instead of being a fridged temperature in my house like the air conditioner gives off, the fans in the windows give a nice breeze through the house. It is kind of the equivalent of rolling your windows down while you are driving, instead of turning on the air conditioning in the car. It gives a nice relaxing breeze, without freezing you. Another advantage of putting box fans in the windows, is that it saves on money. It is not nearly as expensive as it costs to run air conditioning constantly.

Basic, functional box fan

from New Albany, OH

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

Having read some of the negative reviews on here, I'm not sure what people were expecting from a budget fan, but in my experience, it was quite satisfactory for a cheap cooling unit with very low energy consumption.

The Lasko 3723 isn't much to look at. It has the normal ugly white box design with a mesh protector on each side to keep you safe from the spinning blades, though a finger can still sneak through so you will need to keep an eye on any small children when operating this fan.

It puts out a pretty strong stream of air in an isolated direction. Clearly it doesn't oscillate like some floor models, but that is to be expected and another strange complaint I'm reading in other reviews.

When you turn it up to the highest setting it does wiggle and squeak a bit, but I've found that to be the case with all box fans.

If you need something quieter or more versatile, look for a tower fan. If you just need a basic air mover at a super low price, pick this one up.

A Good Fan

from Clarence, NY

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

Lasko 3723 Floor, Box Fan is definitely worth the money. I do not have air-conditioning, living in upstate New York, it seems unnecessary to pay for high priced AC when a fan will do on hot days. In the past I have used low priced fans as a cheap an somewhat effective way of staying cool. However low priced fans often have numerous problems. Other fans I have used stop working after a relatively short amount of time or produce lot of noise. The Lasko, however, is perfect for my use. The fan is quite, and produces a wide area of cool breeze. This fan is designed for easy placement on the floor or in a window. I have found that the latter works better in cooling a room as placing the fan on the floor only really cools your feat. This fan is not too expensive, so for the money, I would recommend it for my family and friends.

Lasko 3723 Floor/Box Fan is worth more than it's price!

from Livingston, TX

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

I've used Lasko box fans for years and have always been happy with the job they do. These fans are inexpesinve, easy to use, give pretty good air flow and last a long time. I've often used these fans not only for extra cooling air but also as a form of white noise to drown out any excess noise that would keep me awake. Lasko has done a great job in creating a very decent fan that gives you several settings to choose from and results in a nice breeze of air and comforting noise. I usually use these right beside my bed, a few feet away, and set to the low setting depending on how hot I am or how noisy it may be outside etc. This fan, if pointed directly at bed, will freeze you out therefore I find I really don't need the higher settings, usually. I have used these fans for years, my friends and family have too, and they have been dependable and long lasting. Only negative I would have to say is that the slots on the fan are easy to access for little toddler/baby fingers, therefore you must keep unplugged while little ones play near it or stand it up high on something.

This box fan is inexpensive

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Lasko Floor/Box Fan:

The Lasko Floor/Box Fan is inexpensive compared to other rotating floor fans. For a simple fan it does the job of cooling off a small space but I wouldn't recommend buying this fan if you want a quiet fan. This fan is quite noisy and you can hear it blowing from another room in the house. However if you want to cool yourself down on a hot day this fan is ideal for just that. The design is plain and simple and not very attractive for a modern and beautiful living space. I use it just to cool down on a hot day.

I wouldn't recommend buying this fan if you want a rotating floor fan. Also the design is not very attractive for a beautiful living space. The pros about the Lasko Floor/Box Fan is that it generates a lot of wind and it is inexpensive compared to other rotating floor fans.