3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Air Flow:

From a Galaxy far, far away comes Superfan!

Fans are very important to the Taylor household. We even carry them on vacation. My mother likes them for the noise, but I like them for the cool air. I've had different fans, and my current one is a Galaxy. It has three settings, and during the summer, it is always on the highest. It sits in front of my bed, cooling me as I sleep. There is misery when the power goes out. Galaxy fans sound like devotees of a sci-fi show. These fans are out of this world! The only problem is how the fan collects dust which impairs the blowing action. If only they could invent a dust-free fan. If only they could invent a dust-free anything! I have to admit all fans seem the same to me, but as long as this Galaxy fan cools me, I'm a fan of this fan.

An okay box fan

My family has used Galaxy box fans for many years. We had two that we used for a long time, over eight years. When those two finally gave out, I bought two more. The quality of the newer ones seems to have gone down since my original purchase several years ago. I have three kids, so the fans tend to get bumped, and sometimes knocked over. With the older fans, it was never a problem. The newer ones however just did not hold up. The first time they fell over, both fans had blades break off. It wasn't like they fell very hard or from any kind of height. They were on the floor and got bumped over. In the course of about 6 months, we have gone through four Galaxy fans because of this problem. Fortunately, they are relativley inexpensive to replace.

bya

from bay

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Adjustable
  • Powerful

Cons

ok bya

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

A noise machine for me.

Comments about Galaxy Floor/Box Fan:

I have been using the galaxy floor box fan for about six months now and it has been working very well. My only complaint with this fan is that I felt it was a bit pricey for being such a basic fan. This fan does make a decent amount of noise when in use though, which may bother some, but it was perfect for me because it makes a nice humming noise that I can fall asleep to. This fan works very well and the medium setting is more like a high setting on some other fans. It is very durable and never falls down on us.

• Air Flow:

A great box fan that runs great

Comments about Galaxy Floor/Box Fan:

Over all the galaxy box fan is great considering its a value fan. The fan holds up really good.

Air Flow
      The air flow is really good and if it gets low just clean it real good and the good air flow will return.

The fan is so simple to use with just three speeds

The fan is durable and it has lasted a real long time.

The design is just a normal design for a value fan

Nice Cheap Option

Comments about Galaxy Floor/Box Fan:

Box fans in general are a bit of a pain to use at times. They don't stay up by themselves and tend to draw the attention of little fingers. The speed adjuster is just like any box fan, turn the knob on the top to turn on and it starts out at the top speed and goes down as you turn it. I never understood this, but it's not just this box fan.

Air Flow
      This one seems to do a decent job at what it's supposed to do, it works very well if you have two across the room blowing in the same direction.

These box fans as I said before don't really stay up by themselves very well. At top speeds they blow themselves backwards so they always have to have a support. The only place I've really found that's best is in the windows crammed between the window and it's moulding.

I haven't had any problem with my box fan yet, it seems to be in good shape and hasn't stopped working after over a year. I don't use it a lot though and basically it gets moved from the window to storage and back to the window again. So if taken care of I don't see anyone needing to buy a new one for quite a while.

As mentioned before, the dial goes from off to high then down to low. I don't understand why they do them this way, but that's how it is.

Great!

Comments about Galaxy Floor/Box Fan:

This fan is amazing. I love the powerful speed , along with the firm stability . It can be put anywhere and it would still stand. I can not sleep without a fan at night and this fan is perfect for everyday usage. It is easy to use, has great air flow and its pretty affordable.

• Air Flow:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Galaxy Floor/Box Fan:

I love the Galaxy Box Fan, but the control knob has broken. I'm not going to buy another fan just because of this, when the motor and blades are perfectly fine. I've been using my fingers and/or pliers to turn it on and off, but sure would like to find a new knob.

Except that the plastic control knob broke, so I have to use my fingers or pliers to turn it on and off. :(

Great product Amazing durability

Comments about Galaxy Floor/Box Fan:

I have had my galaxy box fan for over five years. It went to college with me and came home with me. I run my fan constant even during the winter months, I think it is as much for the sound as it is for the wind. Even though my Galaxy box fan has taken its share of beatings, and by that I mean it is as crumpled as an accordian, it still runs like a champ day in and out. I cant recomend this product enough,and its made in America. It outputs alot of wind and keeps you cool, but the durability is amazing, in a time in manufacturing when most products dont last even for as long as you would expect them to, this is a product that keeps going.

• Air Flow:

This fan works well but it is loud, even on the low setting.

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Galaxy Floor/Box Fan:

This fan works well during our record-heat days of summer.

Air Flow
      Air flows very well through this fan.

Fan is very easy to use, just turn the speed dial.

For the inexpensive price, this fan is sturdy.

The design is typical for a box fan.

• Air Flow:

I can't believe how long this fan has lasted with 4 season use.

from Greeneville, TN

Comments about Galaxy Floor/Box Fan:

4 season fan for us and still going after 22 seasons or over 5 years! Amazing.

Air Flow
      Use it for airflow & noise at night.

I had this fan for 5 years & still works great!

Have to keep out of reach of children & tiny fingers, but easy to sit on desk or table top.

• Air Flow:

Great Fan with lots of power!

from Andover, MN

Comments about Galaxy Floor/Box Fan:

This is a great fan right out of the box! Can be a bit niosy on the highest setting but produces a great amount of air flow. Nice price for the power. I bought one and then went back to the store and bought two more!

Air Flow
      Excellent air flow especially for the price. On highest setting is can be a bit loud, but thats the trade off for good air!

Simple to use right out of the box. Minimal things to do before plugging in and using.

Great so far!

Tried and true box design for maximum air flow!